PDA

View Full Version : Iritista Trade Weapons

ArcaneTechs
Dec 15, 2012, 02:02 PM
Do these have any visual or sound effects to them? i'm debating between the double saber, assault rifle and talis but i want to know if any of these have any effects at all.

gigawuts
Dec 15, 2012, 02:13 PM
They have a pretty neat looking pink particle effect. Resanoca has a pink double saber, and it looks pretty sweet.

ArcaneTechs
Dec 15, 2012, 02:20 PM
They have a pretty neat looking pink particle effect. Resanoca has a pink double saber, and it looks pretty sweet.

alright, i might just get that then, i like the way it looks a lot

Bellion
Dec 15, 2012, 02:20 PM
The sound effects should be the same as their ATK requirement counterparts.

Clunker
Dec 16, 2012, 10:20 AM
Also, I've heard that theses weapons are "any class" usable...
True or False?

BIG OLAF
Dec 16, 2012, 10:22 AM
Also, I've heard that theses weapons are "any class" usable...
True or False?

True.

Gama
Dec 16, 2012, 10:34 AM
too bad there isnt any wand there :/

Coatl
Dec 16, 2012, 10:57 AM
They'll probably add more weapons soon.
The current weapon choices are meh.

Z-0
Dec 16, 2012, 11:46 AM
Best shop.

Free excubes!! :3

Cry0
Dec 16, 2012, 12:13 PM
True.

holy dungbeetles! time to get me some iritistas :P

MetalDude
Dec 16, 2012, 12:16 PM
Best shop.

Free excubes!! :3

Shit, I didn't even look at it like that. That makes this shop even better.

PhantasmalCat
Dec 16, 2012, 01:18 PM

where does one get Iritista stones? I haven't played in awhile and i'm falling behind.

Bellion
Dec 16, 2012, 01:19 PM
Kill Dark Falz Elder in the Emergency Quests.

Z-0
Dec 16, 2012, 01:42 PM
Spoiler: They all require 450 in their respective defenses.

Cyron Tanryoku
Dec 16, 2012, 01:53 PM
Anyone know if the Craft ‘Plosion is better than Lambda Adrastea?
If not, I have nothing to use these stones on

Z-0
Dec 16, 2012, 01:57 PM
Lambda Adrastea is stronger by 80 R-Atk.

I'd just spend the stones on anything and trade them in for excubes. They're not going to make the trade-in rate better for 10* weapons considering Pyroxene weapons are easy to obtain. :/

Coatl
Dec 16, 2012, 02:06 PM
Why the hate on the Pyroxene weapons?

Cry0
Dec 16, 2012, 02:29 PM
Spoiler: They all require 450 in their respective defenses.

pff, i got 570 :P

Bellion
Dec 16, 2012, 02:32 PM
Only ones worth it are the Craft Plosion and Fossil Victor, i.m.o. The Craft for GU/RA and Fossil for HU/FI...at least for leveling. FI/HU does seem to be the better option overall.

pikachief
Dec 16, 2012, 04:51 PM
What's the average number of Iritista Spellstones Falz drops in a fight? I've only fought him once but I got 6. Idk if that was a lot or not though.

CelestialBlade
Dec 16, 2012, 04:56 PM
Why the hate on the Pyroxene weapons?
Apparently everyone thinks we all have godly 10*s just spilling out of our storage boxes I guess.

What's the average number of Iritista Spellstones Falz drops in a fight? I've only fought him once but I got 6. Idk if that was a lot or not though.
The four times I've fought Elder I've gotten 5, 6, 2, and 5. So an average of around 4 or so.

Aka
Dec 16, 2012, 05:07 PM
The Pyroxene weapons are very weak in general. It's not just 10* weapons that outclass them by a mile, but also a lot of the Lambda 7-9* weapons. The only ones I consider worth using are the Launcher for Gunner main usage and possibly the Double saber for Hunter mains.

pikachief
Dec 16, 2012, 05:08 PM
So seems like a got a good load. Awesome :) thanks!

Also, do these Pyroxene weapons grind good? I have a +10 rappy Launcher and a +5 Tigredor that I got when I used to play a lot more a loooong time ago (before the skylands) but they're alot better than these pyroxene weapons. I'm assuming thats due to the grinds, but is it worth the risk?

Basically do they grind harder than the 8 and 9* weapons and do they go up by a significant amount (surpass the rappy launcher and tigredor)

Bellion
Dec 16, 2012, 05:19 PM
10* weapons are much harder to grind than 9* weapons. The Iritista trade-in rifle and launcher is better than the Tigerdor and Rappy Launcher.

Both launchers at +10
451 Rappy 632 Craft
Both Rifles at +10
479 Tigredor 592 G Rain

Kirine
Dec 16, 2012, 05:55 PM

Anywhere between 2-6, really depends on luck. I hadn't heard news of anyone getting 7 or more, but it might be possible, but you are pretty much guaranteed at least 1-2 stones.

Keyblade59
Dec 16, 2012, 06:21 PM
They are useful for those who can't get a certain weapon, like for me I grabbed the launcher mainly because all launchers are impossible to get.

CelestialBlade
Dec 16, 2012, 06:29 PM
The Pyroxene weapons are very weak in general. It's not just 10* weapons that outclass them by a mile, but also a lot of the Lambda 7-9* weapons. The only ones I consider worth using are the Launcher for Gunner main usage and possibly the Double saber for Hunter mains.
True, but when you've spent over a month hunting a 9*, you'll take what you can get :P

Kirine
Dec 16, 2012, 06:41 PM
I would love to see a twin mech gun 10* in the future.

Lamda Arevis isn't exactly steller. If the all class 10* stone gun is stronger, then yay.

Z-0
Dec 16, 2012, 06:51 PM
True, but when you've spent over a month hunting a 9*, you'll take what you can get :P
Well the problem is, the meseta you'd spend on grinding one of these pyroxene weapons to +10 could all be used to just buy a lower star weapon (8*s are generally stronger) and grind it to +10, and you'd probably have meseta left over.

This is pretty much why these weapons aren't very practical, as getting them to their maximum potential would cost more than getting a weapon which is stronger anyway.

gigawuts
Dec 16, 2012, 06:58 PM

Yep, the iritista shop is for players that simply cannot find the item they're hunting. It's the backup plan I've talked about needing for ages. I'd have preferred a fix to the RNG, or some kind of setup that tallied your kills and made you more likely to find that rare or if it was just forced to drop, but instead of that this is still at least something. And it's a hell of a lot simpler to implement.

But yeah, when you can reliably make 5m+ from just 5-10 runs of falz to buy a lambda failnought instead of the pink 10* go ahead and let me know.

Z-0
Dec 16, 2012, 07:13 PM
Buy Lambda Featheredge (only 1.7mil-2mil on Ship 2 right now), grind it to +10.

It's 8*, so it would take (on average), a stack of grinders. It has +20 S-Atk more than the pink 10*. Sure it's only marginally better, but most people use 5 locks (on average) to go from +8 to +10 on a 10*, which is 5million (or more) in itself, not counting the amount of grinders you'd have to use to get to +8 anyway.

Of course it could take more money for the Featheredge to grind up, but it's the same for the 10*.

I personally don't think the Pyroxene weapons are worth it all, simply due to how this game works (you can't really use a weapon out of the box if you're planning for it to be better than your last). You have to spend millions grinding these to +10 anyway (unless you're very, very lucky), that I'm not even going to bother buying any of them, except for EXcubes.

And of course, you get Fairnote if you have more money anyway.

Laxedrane
Dec 16, 2012, 07:18 PM
Yep, the iritista shop is for players that simply cannot find the item they're hunting. It's the backup plan I've talked about needing for ages. I'd have preferred a fix to the RNG, or some kind of setup that tallied your kills and made you more likely to find that rare or if it was just forced to drop, but instead of that this is still at least something. And it's a hell of a lot simpler to implement.

But yeah, when you can reliably make 5m+ from just 5-10 runs of falz to buy a lambda failnought instead of the pink 10* go ahead and let me know.

They need to bring back the title system from PSU. That more times then not gave you the really good rare drop from bosses(not sure about regular enemies) if you kill them an obscene amount of times.

Skye-Fox713
Dec 16, 2012, 07:34 PM

I'd say between 2 and 5.

Zyrusticae
Dec 16, 2012, 07:56 PM

It's 8*, so it would take (on average), a stack of grinders. It has +20 S-Atk more than the pink 10*. Sure it's only marginally better, but most people use 5 locks (on average) to go from +8 to +10 on a 10*, which is 5million (or more) in itself, not counting the amount of grinders you'd have to use to get to +8 anyway.

Of course it could take more money for the Featheredge to grind up, but it's the same for the 10*.

I personally don't think the Pyroxene weapons are worth it all, simply due to how this game works (you can't really use a weapon out of the box if you're planning for it to be better than your last). You have to spend millions grinding these to +10 anyway (unless you're very, very lucky), that I'm not even going to bother buying any of them, except for EXcubes.

This is ALL under the assumption that you already have a rare at +10, which is not the case for everybody.

My best sword for awhile now has been a 5*. Ruin Gloam was already superior to it at +0. It also looks incredibly good (best skin in the game IMO). And it was basically free.

Not everybody has +10'd everything, or rares coming out the ass.

gravityvx
Dec 16, 2012, 08:18 PM

Do people seriously blow millions trying to +10 a 10*? Is everyone just buying all the grinders to grind these instead of getting them by free means? Or is it the ridiculous overpriced failsafe passes? Average amount I've paid for the two 10* I've grinded to 10 was around 800k. And that was just from the -1 grind passes I used starting at +7 grind. Those have always sufficed on everything I've grinded 10, and that is quite a few weapons. I can only think of one time where those passes just utterly failed me, like in a really really bad way. Getting to that grind point (+7) may take time when I do it since I just farm up my grinders but I sure as hell haven't blown millions getting mine up. The fail rate is pretty high on those weapons, but from my experience the -1 passes seem to also have a moderate rate of stopping a delevel, and if it does it's usually only -1 which imo isn't that bad. Hell, it could be complete coincidence that it always happens that way when I use them. But yeah, I can't see myself ever paying for a large amount of grinders or those overpriced failsafe passes.

Skye-Fox713
Dec 16, 2012, 08:36 PM
Do people seriously blow millions trying to +10 a 10*? Is everyone just buying all the grinders to grind these instead of getting them by free means? Or is it the ridiculous overpriced failsafe passes? Average amount I've paid for the two 10* I've grinded to 10 was around 800k. And that was just from the -1 grind passes I used starting at +7 grind. Those have always sufficed on everything I've grinded 10, and that is quite a few weapons. I can only think of one time where those passes just utterly failed me, like in a really really bad way. Getting to that grind point (+7) may take time when I do it since I just farm up my grinders but I sure as hell haven't blown millions getting mine up. The fail rate is pretty high on those weapons, but from my experience the -1 passes seem to also have a moderate rate of stopping a delevel, and if it does it's usually only -1 which imo isn't that bad. Hell, it could be complete coincidence that it always happens that way when I use them. But yeah, I can't see myself ever paying for a large amount of grinders or those overpriced failsafe passes.

Because pso2 uses an RNG system some are not as fortunate with luck and end up buying the grind protects for a semi garenteed grind. Because of the rng I can't seem to get my 7*+ rares any higher than a +8 grind mind that I haven't used any grind protects cause I haven't been able to get my hands on any.

This is ALL under the assumption that you already have a rare at +10, which is not the case for everybody.

My best sword for awhile now has been a 5*. Ruin Gloam was already superior to it at +0. It also looks incredibly good (best skin in the game IMO). And it was basically free.

Not everybody has +10'd everything, or rares coming out the ass.

I would imagine you mean a 6* and not a 5*?

Zyrusticae
Dec 16, 2012, 08:43 PM
I would imagine you mean a 6* and not a 5*?
Nah, I didn't bother upgrading to a 6*, both because I hate the pink color and because the upgrade is barely even noticeable.

Heat Haze
Dec 16, 2012, 08:44 PM
Do people seriously blow millions trying to +10 a 10*? Is everyone just buying all the grinders to grind these instead of getting them by free means? Or is it the ridiculous overpriced failsafe passes? Average amount I've paid for the two 10* I've grinded to 10 was around 800k. And that was just from the -1 grind passes I used starting at +7 grind. Those have always sufficed on everything I've grinded 10, and that is quite a few weapons. I can only think of one time where those passes just utterly failed me, like in a really really bad way. Getting to that grind point (+7) may take time when I do it since I just farm up my grinders but I sure as hell haven't blown millions getting mine up. The fail rate is pretty high on those weapons, but from my experience the -1 passes seem to also have a moderate rate of stopping a delevel, and if it does it's usually only -1 which imo isn't that bad. Hell, it could be complete coincidence that it always happens that way when I use them. But yeah, I can't see myself ever paying for a large amount of grinders or those overpriced failsafe passes.Yes, people blow millions trying to +10 a 10*. It's the grinders up until a high grind level, 8 or 9. Then it's the expensive failsafe passes.

If you can get a 10* without the use of them, then that's good for you. Your own experiences isn't how it plays out for everyone. If the RNG grants you that much, then don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

For many, grinding a 10* is a painful thing and the failsafe passes at that point is much cheaper (Especially with current grinder prices) than taking a shot at some obvious rigged RNG-luck.

Personally, I've gotten to +8 and have used the failsafe passes. Ironically, they're never needed at that point, but I'd rather be safe than sorry. Just wish the failsafes were consumed only if the grind did indeed fail. But, well. Sega.

gravityvx
Dec 16, 2012, 09:01 PM
Yes, people blow millions trying to +10 a 10*. It's the grinders up until a high grind level, 8 or 9. Then it's the expensive failsafe passes.

If you can get a 10* without the use of them, then that's good for you. Your own experiences isn't how it plays out for everyone. If the RNG grants you that much, then don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

For many, grinding a 10* is a painful thing and the failsafe passes at that point is much cheaper (Especially with current grinder prices) than taking a shot at some obvious rigged RNG-luck.

Personally, I've gotten to +8 and have used the failsafe passes. Ironically, they're never needed at that point, but I'd rather be safe than sorry. Just wish the failsafes were consumed only if the grind did indeed fail. But, well. Sega.

No matter how you look at it you're still playing with the RNG, if you fail, you just wasted what, 900k+? If you succeed, that's nice but still you blew a ton of money...people must be really rich to be chancing that, I find those are a far much larger gamble with the RNG than simply buying the -1 passes. And if you're buying grinders to grind the weapon, that isn't really the fail rates fault is it? It's more people being impatient and not just waiting a few days to accumulate some grinders, I still don't think it should be costing so much. In all seriousness though has anyone thoroughly used the -1 passes and get any results similar to mine?

Alenoir
Dec 16, 2012, 09:14 PM
And if you're buying grinders to grind the weapon, that isn't really the fail rates fault is it? It's more people being impatient and not just waiting a few days to accumulate some grinders, I still don't think it should be costing so much.

People want their high ATK shiny weapon right away. >.> I personally just get it up to a certain point and if it keeps failing, getting back to that point and stop for the day. Never have to actually buy any grinders 'cause of this.

Sp-24
Dec 16, 2012, 09:28 PM
Not sure if this has been mentioned already, but it looks like iritista weapons have no special abilities on them. Good news for people who don't like gambling with Sega, and bad news for anybody who hoped that those weapons weren't just weak meseta sinks.

Coatl
Dec 17, 2012, 08:37 AM

Don't forget that higher rarity also means higher ability modifiers.
Also, I don't see the Irista *10s as good substitutes for real rares. But rather good for hybrid.

Take for example the Irista Launcher. Now you can have AOE as a GU/RA until they get their flame visit launcher.

And the Irista Doublesaber. A plausible weapon for TE/FI or GU/FI.

No matter how you look at it you're still playing with the RNG, if you fail, you just wasted what, 900k+? If you succeed, that's nice but still you blew a ton of money...people must be really rich to be chancing that, I find those are a far much larger gamble with the RNG than simply buying the -1 passes. And if you're buying grinders to grind the weapon, that isn't really the fail rates fault is it? It's more people being impatient and not just waiting a few days to accumulate some grinders, I still don't think it should be costing so much. In all seriousness though has anyone thoroughly used the -1 passes and get any results similar to mine?

Nope! Once it hits +8 it is fail locks all day every day. I don't buy my grinders though. That'd be too crazy.

The Walrus
Dec 17, 2012, 10:21 AM
Lolbuyinggrinders

That said its nice being able to sell them for like 15k+ now.

FerrPSO
Dec 17, 2012, 03:05 PM
Now that is mentioned, how is grinding a 10* weapon? Is it harder than a 9 one?

Now Im using the normal Failnaught (the one from Falz) at +8 , was easy to go there but imposible to level up past 8 so I stopped there.

Wonder if Fossil Tricks is worth or I wouldnt even be able to go past +3 or something...

The Walrus
Dec 17, 2012, 03:11 PM
Grinding a 10 star is ass. Everything above 3 is danger. I've had my Ruins Charm fail going from 2-3 even :/

gigawuts
Dec 17, 2012, 04:18 PM
Grinding a 10 star is ass. Everything above 3 is danger. I've had my Ruins Charm fail going from 2-3 even :/

I've had a 9* fail all the way down to +1.

Yes, I failed going 2->3, and went back down to 1.

I have never had this happen with either of the 10*'s I've tried to grind.

In all honesty, my luck with 10*'s is about on par with 8*'s, whereas my 9* luck is akin to climbing everest with nothing but a plastic snow shovel, fishing hooks, and a spool of thread.

jooozek
Dec 17, 2012, 05:37 PM

Now Im using the normal Failnaught (the one from Falz) at +8 , was easy to go there but imposible to level up past 8 so I stopped there.

Wonder if Fossil Tricks is worth or I wouldnt even be able to go past +3 or something...

Grinding 10* is like SEGA telling you to quit the game, unless you want to invest into millions into grinders and full protectors you will most likely suffer from PTSD from grinding them. No joke.

Alenoir
Dec 17, 2012, 08:24 PM

I went through a full stack+some extras to go from +1 to +7, down to +2, and back to +7.

With a 9* weapon I can usually get it to hit +9 once with that much grinders.

Macman
Dec 18, 2012, 11:05 AM
Elder Rifle slowly and painfully goes from +6 to +1. Back to Tigredor +10 for me.

Yeah, 10* are bullshit.