PDA

View Full Version : Does this game have any "SEGA" items?

Daemon Gildas
Dec 15, 2012, 11:14 PM
Far and away my favorite thing in the original PSO was collecting the various SEGA-themed items. In fact, for me personally, the Sonic Knuckles were the coolest weapons you could possibly get (especially since Knuckles is my favorite character, anyways).

I've not really been keeping up with PSO2, but has there been any mention of Sonic or other SEGA-themed items, be they Weapons, Armor, or even Clothes?

BIG OLAF
Dec 15, 2012, 11:19 PM
They'll have things like Sonic n' friends room decorations, and accessories such as Sonic masks. Probably other stuff, too.

Renvalt
Dec 15, 2012, 11:43 PM
But as for right now? No, not at the moment.

That said, I do love me a good Sonic fan. Knuckles was my favorite back in the 90s (along with Espio and Charmy) but now I can safely add Tails to the list (and he usurps the #1 spot on the "My Top Sonic Characters" list from Knuckles, whom originally had it).

gravityvx
Dec 16, 2012, 12:32 AM
Sonic Knuckles was data mined so they will be making return but as for when, who knows.

plasism
Dec 16, 2012, 02:35 AM
But as for right now? No, not at the moment.

That said, I do love me a good Sonic fan. Knuckles was my favorite back in the 90s (along with Espio and Charmy) but now I can safely add Tails to the list (and he usurps the #1 spot on the "My Top Sonic Characters" list from Knuckles, whom originally had it).

Oooh, Tails' tails... I would pay millions along with my blood just to get those cute FLUFFY tails XD

Noc Codez
Dec 16, 2012, 03:04 AM
LOL.. that would be pretty neat :D

Syklo
Dec 16, 2012, 03:47 AM
I would love to have Dr. Robotnik's moustache!
Amy's hammer!
CHAO MAG!!!

Renvalt
Dec 16, 2012, 05:56 AM
Y'know what else I'd kill for besides Sonic related items?

VIRTUA FIGHTER ITEMS! I mean, why does Sonic have to get all the love? Apparently nobody knows about that obscure PSO-style Virtua Fighter spinoff, not to mention Virtua Fighter is one part of Sega's flagships (pun intended). I mean, I'd kill for a Kage costume or perhaps a VF4 Jacky outfit (or even better, dem delicious pants and gloves off of Jeffry).

Rien
Dec 16, 2012, 07:43 AM
There's a lot of SEGA/Sonic-related Room Goods datamined. I'm not too sure when we'll get them.

Also, I personally wish for a Bayonetta-related Scenery Pass (not too sure about a theme). All I get is music disks though.

eharima
Dec 16, 2012, 09:10 AM
Waiting for Business card of Yuji Naka Satoshi Sakai

Meji
Dec 16, 2012, 09:38 AM
Waiting for Business card of Yuji Naka Satoshi SakaiIndeed. Sakai has gained way more respect in my eyes than Yuji Naka has ever had.

Punisher106
Dec 16, 2012, 10:16 AM
I want City Escape for my room. For some reason, that song is nostalgic.

Daemon Gildas
Dec 16, 2012, 11:15 AM
Ahh, there's Room Customization in this game, too! Freaking SWEET!!! That was easily my favorite aspect of PSU. Do Clothes work the same as PSU, too? Like I said, I haven't really paid much attention to PSO2 since it was announced, other than following when it might see an English release.

Anyways, I'm definitely excited about the prospects of a new Sonic Knuckles weapon! Quick question, though; do items drop like they do in PSO, with pre-set appearances? Or is it more like PSU, where the appearance depends on the Element you craft it with? For that matter, do you even craft items in this game? :D

Renvalt
Dec 16, 2012, 04:50 PM
Ahh, there's Room Customization in this game, too! Freaking SWEET!!! That was easily my favorite aspect of PSU. Do Clothes work the same as PSU, too? Like I said, I haven't really paid much attention to PSO2 since it was announced, other than following when it might see an English release.

Anyways, I'm definitely excited about the prospects of a new Sonic Knuckles weapon! Quick question, though; do items drop like they do in PSO, with pre-set appearances? Or is it more like PSU, where the appearance depends on the Element you craft it with? For that matter, do you even craft items in this game? :D

Lemme address this for ya:

-No crafting, though you upgrade weapons in a manner akin to Ragnarok Online or Elsword (assuming you've played either) - you spend grinders+meseta to make your gear stronger, with the fail rates getting higher as the weapon's quality is better (hence why you hear people talk about Dudu and his absurd grinding of 10* weaps)

-Item drops are based off of a RNG system - like Ragnarok Online and Elsword, certain enemies will drop certain items, though rares are actually, well, rare! Gone are the days of gathering those who had Section IDs for the drop you wanted (in fact I think they killed Section IDs completely).

-Weapon appearances are pre-set. Each weapon has a sort of "tier" to it. To use the sword line, for example: The first sword you can get is a, well, Sword. Then you get a Gigush, then a Breaker. These are all 1* weapons. However, to up them to their 2* and 3* equivalents, you add Alva and Vita before the weapon (Alva Gigush being a 2*, Vita Sword being a 3*).

This also applies to the uncommon weapons - again to use Swords as an example, the first uncommon sword is a 4* named Claymore. Add Alva to it and it becomes 5*, Vita and it becomes 6*.

Rares are always 7* and up. However, a little something for you to know: Rares up until 9* are tradeable, any rares beyond that (10* and 11*) are untradeable.

Regarding the Base/Alva/Vita forms, the difference between them is their color. 1-3* weapons go from Green>Blue>Dark Blue, and 4-6* go from Yellow>Orange>Red.

That's all I can think of, unless someone can get anything I missed?

TheRamosOnline
Dec 16, 2012, 07:29 PM
There's a ナイツBMG you can use for your room, Dreams Dreams.
It should be spelled out in Romaji and is usually about 20,000 Meseta.
They only have the Adult-sung version though, which is a shame because I found the child-sung version adorable ; -;

EvilMag
Dec 16, 2012, 07:36 PM
Indeed. Sakai has gained way more respect in my eyes than Yuji Naka has ever had.

It would be a cool idea if the card did something. Like if you have it, you can use Sakai's character as an NPC. Much like what they did with his character on PSP2i.

Rien
Dec 16, 2012, 09:46 PM
That's all I can think of, unless someone can get anything I missed?

Regarding elements: Elements do not affect the look of the weapon. However, on high graphics your Photon Arts may have small effects attached to them (the easiest one to observe for me is lightning element + Speed Rain, where each wave will have a spark of electricity coming with it)

Also when you hit enemies with an element they are weak to (this does not apply if you use technics/techniques) a small effect appears e.g swinging a sword with wind attribute at a mob that is weak to wind will produce a small green burst of wind at the point of impact. Best seen against weakspots and infected mobs (the infection area is weak to all elements)

Syklo
Dec 16, 2012, 10:25 PM
Regarding elements: Elements do not affect the look of the weapon. However, on high graphics your Photon Arts may have small effects attached to them (the easiest one to observe for me is lightning element + Speed Rain, where each wave will have a spark of electricity coming with it)

Also when you hit enemies with an element they are weak to (this does not apply if you use technics/techniques) a small effect appears e.g swinging a sword with wind attribute at a mob that is weak to wind will produce a small green burst of wind at the point of impact. Best seen against weakspots and infected mobs (the infection area is weak to all elements)
Erm, isn't that electric effect just due to Partizan gear?

And in addition, the weapon element can change the appearance of the "tech explosion" that is caused due to wand gear.

pikachief
Dec 16, 2012, 11:38 PM
Ahh, there's Room Customization in this game, too! Freaking SWEET!!! That was easily my favorite aspect of PSU. Do Clothes work the same as PSU, too?

Sadly, no. CASTs still get 3 seperate parts, but they've gone with full outfits instead of shoes, bottoms, and tops for other newmans and humans, which is an aspect of PSU that I miss constantly. (no beasts btw which also makes me sad)

gigawuts
Dec 16, 2012, 11:43 PM
Thinking about the new sega IP's and crossovers, a bayonetta outfit would probably be one of the more modest costume options.

pikachief
Dec 16, 2012, 11:49 PM
Thinking about the new sega IP's and crossovers, a bayonetta outfit would probably be one of the more modest costume options.

well actually I think Platinum Games owns the IP, not SEGA. And Nintendo is publishing the 2nd one anyways, so I don't think bayonetta is available to them.

gigawuts
Dec 16, 2012, 11:50 PM
Ah, well I wouldn't be surprised anyway. They made a few references in v1 that I don't think were actually their games. Probably not the costume though, just the guns or something.

Daemon Gildas
Dec 16, 2012, 11:51 PM
So, it sounds like this game is a lot like the first PSO, but with the Rooms and weapon-upgrade system of PSU? Either way, it sounds pretty awesome!

Getting back to the way Weapons work, you're able to manually upgrade them, even beyond simple Grinding? What's this about Alva and Vita? Also, what happens if you *FAIL* grinding? And finally; do RARE items still have stat variance, or do they come with pre-set stats, and are they upgradable?

pikachief
Dec 16, 2012, 11:53 PM
So, it sounds like this game is a lot like the first PSO, but with the Rooms and weapon-upgrade system of PSU? Either way, it sounds pretty awesome!

Getting back to the way Weapons work, you're able to manually upgrade them, even beyond simple Grinding? What's this about Alva and Vita? Also, what happens if you *FAIL* grinding? And finally; do RARE items still have stat variance, or do they come with pre-set stats, and are they upgradable?

RARE weapons are as upgradable as normal weapons and do not have stat variances as far as I know, although they are not tradeable after been equipped. if you *FAIL* grinding, you go down either one or two grinds. (ex: fail 5->6, reverts back down to +4)

gigawuts
Dec 16, 2012, 11:54 PM
0-3, with harsher penalties at higher levels

pikachief
Dec 17, 2012, 12:14 AM
0-3, with harsher penalties at higher levels

3!? absurd. what if you has a 11* weapons and you're about to hit +10!? back down to 6? SEGA would never! D: lol :/ At least the RNG isn't too harsh! /sarcasm.

Daemon Gildas
Dec 17, 2012, 12:15 AM
Ah, so the weapon doesn't break or anything? That's a relief! Also, are you just out the grinds, so you can just keep trying to get a perfect 10 grinds, or does Failing detract from the maximum possible grinds, as well?

Also, thanks for answering my questions! I'm just starting to really get excited about the game, I guess, lol :D

Rien
Dec 17, 2012, 01:17 AM
Erm, isn't that electric effect just due to Partizan gear?

And in addition, the weapon element can change the appearance of the "tech explosion" that is caused due to wand gear.

I don't get that effect when I use my holy element partisan, so I assumed it is.

pikachief
Dec 17, 2012, 02:18 AM
Ah, so the weapon doesn't break or anything? That's a relief! Also, are you just out the grinds, so you can just keep trying to get a perfect 10 grinds, or does Failing detract from the maximum possible grinds, as well?

Also, thanks for answering my questions! I'm just starting to really get excited about the game, I guess, lol :D

you can keep trying and trying till you've spent over 100 grinders getting to 10 if that's what it takes. No limit to how many tries, but the system is not forgiving at all.

ZIE creations
Dec 17, 2012, 02:40 AM

Try out the Japanese Version of the game =^.^=

Important notes:
-PSO2 is a LOT more 'action' based then previous Phantasy Star games
---There is a block/dodge system, grabs and throws, EPIC bosses, enemies don't just walk in a straight line, teamwork is more apparent, so on
---Actually have to earn higher missions and levels (although not too hard lol)

-PSO2 has huge character customization
---character creator is amazing
---sadly human/newman outfits (costumes) are all one piece
---you can get accessories, like a nurse hat, skull neclace, or even a cat tail!

-All character levels are based on classes!
---you can be all classes on one character
---if force is a level 30 and you switch to ranger for first time force will stay at 30 but ranger will only be a 1, it's like having another character

-PSO2 is FREE TO PLAY without limiting the game ^.^
---Currency is AC (arkz cash)
---AC can be used to...
------buy scratch tickets for costumes and accessories
------Unlock more character slots
------Unlock more Skill Trees
------Buy 'premium'
---------Trading, Selling in player shop, and My Room are all 'premium' futures
------------Can be unlocked for small amounts of time via fun scratch