PDA

View Full Version : Ghost or EasterEgg Whatever... i don't know

FenriX`
Dec 16, 2012, 12:10 PM
Hi, I was wondering... i may have found an EasterEgg in PSO2, i'm not quite sure... this is a big comunity of Phantasy Star Online 2 so maybe someone can tell me more about this strange "glitch" (let's call it "Glitch" for now)

Here's the thing:
Yesterday, around 1am (GMT+1) i was playing in B-32, in the first room of V.Cave Exploration... I was the only one left in that map (checked on the "nearest character" option) with 1 NPC
During a change-over of an Attack Code against 4 Breeahda (and this is wierd 'cause usually there are 2 Breeahda when you're alone) i see an NPC appear, called Hoey (or it was Haoy, Huey, i don't know, something like this) i checked again for near player but no one was there... there was just me, my NPC (from a friend card) and this other NPC attacking the Breeahda with me (lot's of damage for an NPC by the way, with regular 3* weapon) after the Code he disappear... during all of this no other players was in the map (before, during and after, always alone)

I searched for every combination in the "Arks search" (at the visiphone) for this strange character but i found nothing... every combination of H**y (with a/o/e/u in the middle, 12 of them) there's no character with such name in the game...
Looking on Google i found nothing, nor in other places.

I think this might be the joke of a team member, who puts his avatar as NPC that randomly spawn to help you... this might be cool, but i still know nothing for sure

Can someone of you help me to get this thing clear? :D
Surely there are EasterEggs in this game (like in every other game knowned since Adventure for the 5200 cames out) this may be one of them!! :)

Dein
Dec 16, 2012, 12:17 PM
This is nothing new. Occasionally you'll have Code:attacks with a random Arks NPC that you'll need to keep alive. The extra npc will boost the amount of enemies that spawn due to there being more 'players' when the code starts and they'll leave when things finish.

TDoun LMekko
Dec 16, 2012, 12:21 PM
Watch the movie tablets and eventually you'll see Huey. He's the Arks member who's always yelling to show he's energetic and just wants to help people in trouble... though half the time he scares them off with his yelling instead.

FenriX`
Dec 16, 2012, 12:22 PM
No no no!! this is not the case!! it was a simple EC-Attack, with no NPC to protect... there was no LifeBar on this NPC, nor under the Radar-Map (where the game gives you the count of kill you've to do) it was an NPC from nowhere, it was not related to the ECin that way (i've played planty of EC like you said, i can tell the difference XD)
it was something different... i can't tell you how :\

EDIT:
Aaah and... No, i saw that NPC called "Huey" it was not him!
RedHead, wired lances, scarf and... i don't know

ashley50
Dec 16, 2012, 12:50 PM
A screenshot would be a GREAT help.

That is if you remembered to take some.

FenriX`
Dec 16, 2012, 01:06 PM
i know!! damnit!! >.< i forgot about it... i was more concerned in searching for other players to join... and the sight of that NPC made me hope... so i was really looking fo other players... i could not imagine there was no real player guiding that NPC XD 'cause it wasn't one of the regular, it was clearly a Friend Card's NPC...

Anyway... if someone else experienced or will experience this tell me!! XD i want to learn more about this odd thing :D

Sonic Zero
Dec 17, 2012, 08:56 PM
[spoiler-box]http://i1078.photobucket.com/albums/w494/SeeInfinitee/pso20120623_070245_002.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Code-red
Dec 17, 2012, 09:13 PM
hmmm could it just be you just misread the name of that NPC? Also mind giving me a better description of the npc other the one you gave before. One more thing take screenshot of the area where it happened. Reason why I asking this I want to debunk this as soon as possible. Also why this subject so similar to herobrine creepy pastas i been reading? the player is by themselves on a map, a other avatar shows up but when the player checks it shows that they only ones there.

Rien
Dec 17, 2012, 09:26 PM
It's ヒューイ or Huey.

Seravi Edalborez
Dec 17, 2012, 11:38 PM
Huey is one of many NPCs that doesn't give client orders or (seemingly) appear anywhere in the lobby/shopping areas, but sometimes shows up in event tablets or random code: whatevers.

Rien
Dec 17, 2012, 11:53 PM
Huey is one of many NPCs that doesn't give client orders or (seemingly) appear anywhere in the lobby/shopping areas, but sometimes shows up in event tablets or random code: whatevers.

That's because he's part of the Six-Awns-Equilibrium or whatever you want to call it (六芒均衡/Rokuboukinkou)

Being the most elite ARKS members would mean he's too busy to be seen there :/

ShilohSham
Dec 19, 2012, 01:50 AM
That's because he's part of the Six-Awns-Equilibrium or whatever you want to call it (六芒均衡/Rokuboukinkou)

Being the most elite ARKS members would mean he's too busy to be seen there :/

so wait he a part of the six pillars of the ark?!?!
:-o

Rien
Dec 19, 2012, 01:53 AM
so wait he a part of the six pillars of the ark?!?!
:-o

Yeah. Never occurred to you before has it?

FenriX`
Dec 19, 2012, 03:34 AM
Ok... you know that the maps are generated at random... and i already told you that i didn't took a screenshot... i didn't thought about it...
What's the point in asking me to give you a screenshot of the area? is impossible right now!! XD
It happened in V.Cave, during a Breeahda extermination code... the NPC had his name write in white, no HP bar under his name and it was a custom NPC, he had that new scarf that some players wears, red and spiky hair, wired lances... it wasn't that Huey from the 6 pillars, that's for sure, or else i won't ask you about him.
I know that the information i'm giving you are nearly useless... it's just a thing... maybe this strange thing will happen to some of you someday or maybe to someone of you already did... just let me know if someone may knows more about this strange event XD

Syklo
Dec 19, 2012, 05:01 AM
Let's make this clear: It is completely normal for an NPC to spawn as part of a code:attack (most codes have different variants, especially protect). You can tell if they're an npc because they have that same green/yellow icon next to their name as if they were partners, as well as the cut-in asking for help whenever the code initiates.

It is also completely normal to not see his/her HP bar. When you say "under their name", do you mean the name directly displayed above him/her (with or without actually displaying HP bars for players in a quest), or the actual e-trial brief info under the radar map?

Either way, it's fine. The npc technically isn't in your party AND is an npc, so you wouldn't be able to see the hp bar above him/her anyway, and if you couldn't see his/her hp in the e-trial info, it's probably a code change over (so it doesn't matter how many times they die XD)

As for your second scenario, you didn't specify that there were no other players around, so another player probably just came in with that partner character when the code initiated.

Indignation Judgment
Dec 19, 2012, 05:42 AM
Then a code like this initiates, the NPC searches for the MP leader - that means, the player that has been in the area for the longest time.

That aside, I know of a better easter egg. This is for PSZ fans. Doesn't ring when creshida gives you this Client Order abotu completing Tundra Arks member Rescue in less than X minutes with a gunslash?

And when all of sudden you realsie you're wielding Axion?

Rien
Dec 19, 2012, 06:49 AM
Then a code like this initiates, the NPC searches for the MP leader - that means, the player that has been in the area for the longest time.

That aside, I know of a better easter egg. This is for PSZ fans. Doesn't ring when creshida gives you this Client Order abotu completing Tundra Arks member Rescue in less than X minutes with a gunslash?

And when all of sudden you realsie you're wielding Axion?

That's only if you wield Axion/Axeon.