PDA

View Full Version : Writing in Hiragana.

TheRamosOnline
Dec 16, 2012, 07:24 PM
Hey there, first post. Don't eat me please.
; A;

So I've been playing for a while and found, after many MANY Dark Force Elder battles that I just prefer playing with Japanese players (Westerns tend to not ever ress others and will go off into a corner alone when healing).
I can speak basic Japanese and I do so by using a Japanese Locale and Google's Japanese IME.
And it all works fine and dandy in IM's such as Skype and in web browsers such as chome, but the issue arises when I try to type in Hiragana in the game...
It shows as Romaji. English characters.

It's not a huge issue, but I feel awkward being the only one using Romaji to talk and I've already encountered a few Japs who don't even understand Japanese when typed in Romaji, let alone English itself.

Can someone walk me through how I get PSO2 to let me speak in Hiragana? It'd be a huge help!

Thanks, and I hope to get alone with all you PSO-veterans!
o/
ありがと!

Bellion
Dec 16, 2012, 07:40 PM
Go to control panel->clock, language, and region->region and language->keyboard and languages->change keyboards.

Now at change keyboards, you should be in general and be able to add JP IME from there.

http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/3144/jpimehelp.jpg
Alt+Shift allows you to change between languages
Alt+Capclock allows you to switch to Katakana while in JP
Ctrl+Capslock allows you to switch to Hiragana while in JP

TheRamosOnline
Dec 16, 2012, 07:43 PM
http://puu.sh/1BM4s

Yeah, see I've already done that and while the alt+shift buttons work fine for IMs and other things it doesn't let me use Hiragana in the game.
A friend suggested that maybe the English patch has something to do with it...

Punisher106
Dec 16, 2012, 07:53 PM
http://puu.sh/1BM4s

Yeah, see I've already done that and while the alt+shift buttons work fine for IMs and other things it doesn't let me use Hiragana in the game.
A friend suggested that maybe the English patch has something to do with it...

I play in windowed mode, and I tend to do it the hard way, switching to hiragana and back. Have you clicked in the text box in-game, gone to the language bar, set it to JP, then set it to hiragana that way?

TheRamosOnline
Dec 16, 2012, 07:58 PM
Aha, I managed to make it work! Finally @.@
Thanks for the help ^^

eharima
Dec 16, 2012, 08:03 PM
left alt + left shift is to hot swap ime left alt + `~ key is to toggle hirigana romanji

gigawuts
Dec 16, 2012, 08:04 PM
It's alt+caps for me, not alt+`, so that might be it for you too.

TheRamosOnline
Dec 16, 2012, 08:06 PM
It's alt+shift to alternate between Engish and Hiragana, alt+ctrl to switch to Katakana.
For me, at least.

ArcaneTechs
Dec 17, 2012, 12:14 AM
could always put show language bar at the top so its easy to swap, even in fullscreen just hit the windows key and get it going that way. usually what i do unless im playing in windows mode which is far more easier to swap

Kion
Dec 17, 2012, 01:25 AM
Really? I tend to have the opposite experience with JP parties. Walk in say, "yoroshiku" followed by two hours of silence and then "PT arigatou" when done. I don't have luck engaging players in conversations. The talkative JP players often hang around the lobby, or go out of their way to play on block 20 with the english speaking players. It's pretty rare that I see JP MPA's vocally coordinating on breaking falz's fingers or otherwise. For the most part i think you could set a couple of shortcuts and get through 99% of interactions with like 5-6 phrases.

ZIE creations
Dec 17, 2012, 02:06 AM
For the "English" players (and some other languages) I don't seem to have too much of a problem, I've ran into more JP players leaving me for dead then English ones. However, there are the occations when playing with newbie non-Japanese players that still havn't learned the ropes >.<

As for typing, make sure when selecting Kanji with IME that you pick the right ones >.< and remember your IME shortcuts so you don't get stuck typing katakana to your English friends lol