PDA

View Full Version : Lag/connection issues (ingame), need help

NeoTsucchi
Dec 16, 2012, 07:34 PM
Hi everyone.

So i just managed to install the game, run all the updates needed and even make the english patch work but when i start the game there happens to be a lot of connection issues... i got such a terrible lag that is killing the game entirely, like excessive loading time for scenes, accessing areas and so on, can't even fight enemies because it takes like 1 minute for them to appear after they're supposed to do so...

I've tried logging on all ships/servers but it's always the same no matter what...

Anyway this issue just renders the game totally unplayable for me so i'm just posting this here as a last attempt to try and solve this problem...

Any tips, advice or help would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks

Cagedtaytay
Dec 16, 2012, 07:36 PM
Hi everyone.

So i just managed to install the game, run all the updates needed and even make the english patch work but when i start the game there happens to be a lot of connection issues... i got such a terrible lag that is killing the game entirely, like excessive loading time for scenes, accessing areas and so on, can't even fight enemies because it takes like 1 minute for them to appear after they're supposed to do so...

I've tried logging on all ships/servers but it's always the same no matter what...

Anyway this issue just renders the game totally unplayable for me so i'm just posting this here as a last attempt to try and solve this problem...

Any tips, advice or help would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks

Get a super speedy internet.
I don't know.

Aeris
Dec 16, 2012, 07:46 PM
Getting a faster net won't help his issue, it can go with a number off issues of why you're lagging, either someone or something or your computer in your house is downloading or looking at something bandwidth intensive, could be your router/ISP or you have a time getting or sending packets to and from japan servers so it can be a multitude of a issue you have, best thing to do is a ping test locally and to japan.

NeoTsucchi
Dec 16, 2012, 09:12 PM
Thanks for the answers, people!

I've tried pretty much everything but still, nothing...
I was the only one using the connection every time i tried the game but it still didn't work...

As for trying to do a ping test to japan... i'm not exactly sure how can you do it...

It's really annoying, i thought it could be some isp problem but a friend of mine with the very same one as mine plays the game with no major problems... it's only my connection... and yea, it sucks...

It came as a surprise actually, i've never had this kind of problem with any mmorpg b4, even ones hosted in korean servers...

NeoTsucchi
Dec 17, 2012, 08:12 AM
After some more research... ping tests and whatsoever i might have concluded that gameguard is to blame, since it pretty much kills my internet connection, not only for the game but for web browsing, downloads, etc...

Any more ideas?

Thanks again

Cagedtaytay
Dec 17, 2012, 09:27 AM
After some more research... ping tests and whatsoever i might have concluded that gameguard is to blame, since it pretty much kills my internet connection, not only for the game but for web browsing, downloads, etc...

Any more ideas?

Thanks again

use windows task manager and set its process priority to high?

NeoTsucchi
Dec 17, 2012, 09:38 AM
use windows task manager and set its process priority to high?

Thanks but as restrictive as a program it is, i got 'access denied' just trying to do so...

Man... this is SO annoying...

Guess all that's left is waiting for the US/EU version and pray it doesn't come with the crappy GameGuard...

Cagedtaytay
Dec 17, 2012, 09:40 AM
Thanks but as restrictive as a program it is, i got 'access denied' just trying to do so...

Man... this is SO annoying...

Guess all that's left is waiting for the US/EU version and pray it doesn't come with the crappy GameGuard...

Yea. Don't hold your breath.
We havent heard anything about the US/EU version since....September?

ashley50
Dec 17, 2012, 09:52 AM
An online game from SEGA that doesn't come with crappy gameguard? Yeah, that's not going to happen :P

NeoTsucchi
Dec 17, 2012, 10:06 AM
An online game from SEGA that doesn't come with crappy gameguard? Yeah, that's not going to happen :P

Ouch, that hurts.... oh well, in worst's case scenario i guess i'll have to get a new router or something like that....