PDA

View Full Version : Enemy/Boss breakable parts and increased SPECIFIC rare drop

eharima
Dec 17, 2012, 10:21 AM
http://www.g-heaven.net/topics/2012/12/121215a.html

huh, intresting article, not only if you break all the parts you get increased drop chance, but breaking specific parts increases certain item drops.

example- big vader; breaking the front mega lazers will increase chance of エクセランブレード
while focus on the back top rockets will net you a better chance at ヴァーダーカノン

im abit unsure how the deep wizardry coding works here, if you smash all the parts do you have the highest chance at all of the rare? or do they cancel eachother out?
does it only apply to the last broken parts? who knows

they didnt give an example of falz, im unsure if there are multiple breakable parts? i just smash the arms the whole while ha?

tbh, they give alot of examples of big vader, it would be a right pain to just break the front lazers and nothing else, and focus damage on the upper core without braking the lower core so it stays open.

so, good luck and research ahoy!

Z-0
Dec 17, 2012, 10:25 AM
I thought this was common knowledge already... o.o (except the specific Vardha drops). Also, breaking parts doesn't give you an increased drop chance to a main rare, unless that rare can only drop from breaking said part (eg: Grama Mechguns from Caterdran'sa tail, units from Banther's legs / mane / back piece).

Think of each enemy part as a separate enemy. Destroying each of the front cannons means you have essentially killed 4 "Big Vardha Cannons", and rolled their drop. The main boss himself is completely separate from this, just the drops from each "enemy" comes from the same crystal.

Clunker
Dec 17, 2012, 10:34 AM
This was something I was wondering - the Part Broken = Rare Dropped.
So, if I was looking for Vardha Legs and the Vardha Cannon, which areas should I break?

eharima
Dec 17, 2012, 10:40 AM
I thought this was common knowledge already... o.o (except the specific Vardha drops).
title emphasis. did you read the article?

Also, breaking parts doesn't give you an increased drop chance to a main rare, unless that rare can only drop from breaking said part (eg: Grama Mechguns from Caterdran'sa tail, units from Banther's legs / mane / back piece).
your kind of contradictory here?
but the underlined point is the focus, because it does essentially give an increased drop chance, because you are more likely to get more drops, 8 drops instead of 4, which do roll a rare.
http://www.g-heaven.net/topics/2012/05/120517a.html

Think of each enemy part as a separate enemy. Destroying each of the front cannons means you have essentially killed 4 "Big Vardha Cannons", and rolled their drop. The main boss himself is completely separate from this, just the drops from each "enemy" comes from the same crystal.
we can speculate this, yes.

This was something I was wondering - the Part Broken = Rare Dropped.
So, if I was looking for Vardha Legs and the Vardha Cannon, which areas should I break?

its hard to say as there is currenlty not a comprehensive list for all rares and parts
but for the cannon, you should break all the front lazers and then not anything else?

Alenoir
Dec 17, 2012, 10:41 AM
Break the whole thing anyways. You're an RA, you can do it.

Bellion
Dec 17, 2012, 11:08 AM
For the Vardha Cannon, you need to break the two rocket launchers on its head. They look like mini Vardha Cannons. May as well break the rest of the parts for the armor pieces though.