PDA

View Full Version : Gear Gauge

AfroTheGreat
Dec 18, 2012, 01:28 AM
How do you use a gear gauge? Also what weapons uses it?

Seravi Edalborez
Dec 18, 2012, 03:44 AM
Putting skill points into a "gear" skill on a class's skill tree unlocks the gear for that weapon on that class. This adds another bar above your PA/tech window. The bonus and manner of charging varies with each weapon. Rifles, Launchers, Rods, and Talises don't have a gear.

Sword: Gear builds by scoring hits. Has 3 "levels" indicated by lights on the gear gauge. Gear gradually decreases when not hitting things. Has various effects (off the top of my head):
-Nova Strike, Ride Slasher, and Rising Edge charge much quicker. At level 3, takes ~1 second to fully charge instead of ~5.
-Twister Fall(?) and Sonic Arrow have more hits.

Wired Lance: Gear builds by scoring hits with normal attacks or Cerberus Dance. Gear is split into 3 segments. Using a PA with at least 1 full segment will consume it to increase PA damage by 30? percent. The exception is Cerberus Dance which does not consume gear but instead increases it like normal attacks.

Partizan: Gear builds by "spinning". After most ground attacks, if you let the animation go your character will "twirl" the partizan and build gear gauge. Blocking also gradually fills the gauge. Gear gauge is split into 3 segments. Using a PA will consume one segment to increase the PA's range (and damage?).

Knuckle: Gear builds by attacking, even if you hit nothing. 3 punches is enough to reach max gear. Gear drops to 0 when you stop attacking (or get hit?). As long as you keep attacking, using step attack, or use the Shift dodge the gear gauge will not fall. Gear speeds up all knuckle attack animations.

Twin Dagger: Gear builds by jumping, whether via the normal jump, using the Shift dodge, or using certain "rising" PAs. 3 jumps is enough to fill the gauge to full. Gear falls to zero by taking damage or touching the ground (with exception to certain PAs that kick off the ground). Gear effect: increased damage.

Double Saber: Gear builds by scoring hits. Has 3 segments. Using Shift will spend (1? all? don't have this one yet) segments to create a damaging whirlwind around you for a short time. Shift ordinarily does nothing without gear.

Twin Machine Gun: Gear builds by scoring hits. Gear falls over time or by taking damage. Has 3 "levels". Gear effect: boosts damage.

Wand: (Unsure of this one) Gear builds by using charged techs. Normal attacking with gear built up will add an elemental hit to your striking attacks.

*About terminology: when I say "level", I mean the gear will decrease over time. Anything with "segments" will stay as long as you don't consume it, I believe.

blace
Dec 18, 2012, 03:46 AM
Double saber gear works in segments if it is under 3 charges, all segments if you fill it up. Under 3 segments it'll do a lighter damaging version of what you can do with a full gear and does not last as long.

Rien
Dec 18, 2012, 04:31 AM
-Twister Fall(?) and Sonic Arrow have more hits.

Twister Fall's shockwave as you land stretches out as gear gauge increases, so you have more forward range.