PDA

View Full Version : Destroying boss body parts?

suzaku0zero0
Dec 18, 2012, 12:41 PM
does destroying parts of the boss increase drops or chances of rares?

if yes to either or both, please give some proof or authority

MetalDude
Dec 18, 2012, 12:45 PM
It's required to get certain units to drop, that much we know for sure. However, I'm not particularly sure if breaking a part counts for its own drop table (for that respective unit) or if it can actually drop from the boss' drop table. I've seen claims saying it can't drop rares outside of the unit, but I don't remember any solid proof for or against it.

Seravi Edalborez
Dec 18, 2012, 12:55 PM
I've heard boss crystal drops are affected in two ways:

1: "S rank" number of kills (applies only to the end-of-area bosses, not randomly spawning code:whatevers on the way). "S rank" in this case may be more or less than kills needed to actually get S rank.

2: Breaking parts adds extra loot to the circle. As stated in the above post, we're unsure if the "extra" drops are just checking for the specific part they correspond to (if applicable) or the whole loot table. Not all bosses have breakable parts, though.

Meji
Dec 18, 2012, 01:11 PM
It's required to get certain units to drop, that much we know for sure.
Wait, like Monster Hunter? Never really heard about this theory before.

The Walrus
Dec 18, 2012, 01:15 PM
It really isn't a theory at this point. Stuff like the Falz units apparently only drop when you break the laser hands, and Big Vader's parts only seem to drop when certain parts are broken.

ArcaneTechs
Dec 18, 2012, 02:17 PM
Wait, like Monster Hunter? Never really heard about this theory before.

ya its suppose to boost rates but still debatable if you break (lets say Banther) the front claws and increase drop on the arm parts, same thing with legs etc usually everyone breaks everything regardless so i suppose 1-3 10* units can drop (I've only seen 2 10* units drop at once so far) but its random