PDA

View Full Version : Maintenance has started

ArcaneTechs
Dec 18, 2012, 02:08 PM
I think we get to wait like 13hrs? before its back up, pretty long this time:
http://bumped.org/psublog/

PSO2 JP: 12/19 Scheduled Maintenance Change

This week’s scheduled maintenance will occur at a different time.

12/19 Maintenance:

Wednesday, December 19th @ 04:00 ~ 17:00 JST
Tuesday, December 18th @ 2:00 PM ~ 3:00 AM EST
Converted Time Zones

Maintenance Contents:

To make various adjustments to the servers.

My Shop Search Changes:

They have confirmed cheaters are collectively using the My Shop search functions at the same time causing an unnecessary burden on the servers. As a temporary response to reduce server load, they have disabled partial matches for Player ID/Character Name searches. Therefore, when you are searching for players in My Shop, you must type in their full names.

UPDATE: Patch is now available to download a few hours ago, so if you havent downloaded it already, hop to it! my mistake on not reporting this sooner

Ezodagrom
Dec 18, 2012, 02:09 PM
I think we get to wait like 12hrs? before its back up, I'll have to re-look at it, pretty long this time:
It's planned for 13 hours (it may end ealier or later than planned though, of course).

ArcaneTechs
Dec 18, 2012, 02:11 PM
It's planned for 13 hours (it may end ealier or later than planned though, of course).

well thats good, i'll check everyone couple hours then to see if its back up then

Ezodagrom
Dec 18, 2012, 02:12 PM
well thats good, i'll check everyone couple hours then to see if its back up then
If it does end earlier than planned, most likely it's just 1 or 2 hours earlier at most. ^^;

Dana
Dec 18, 2012, 02:13 PM
Ah. The wait begins.

BarbblerElf
Dec 18, 2012, 02:18 PM
Aw :(
How unlucky, my only day off this week is fully taken by the maintenance D:

ArcaneTechs
Dec 18, 2012, 02:20 PM
If it does end earlier than planned, most likely it's just 1 or 2 hours earlier at most. ^^;

dam looks like i'll be on my Vita longer than i had planned haha oh well time to wait it out :3 just made a new character too and then i get the 10minute warning so grinding will have to wait

Laxedrane
Dec 18, 2012, 02:22 PM
Well good thing I already made plans to finish my Christmas shopping today with a co-worker!

TOOOOO NEW HOPE!

Kirine
Dec 18, 2012, 02:47 PM
I think we get to wait like 13hrs? before its back up, pretty long this time:

PSO2 JP: 12/19 Scheduled Maintenance Change

This week’s scheduled maintenance will occur at a different time.

12/19 Maintenance:

Wednesday, December 19th @ 04:00 ~ 17:00 JST
Tuesday, December 18th @ 2:00 PM ~ 3:00 AM EST
Converted Time Zones

Maintenance Contents:

To make various adjustments to the servers.

My Shop Search Changes:

They have confirmed cheaters are collectively using the My Shop search functions at the same time causing an unnecessary burden on the servers. As a temporary response to reduce server load, they have disabled partial matches for Player ID/Character Name searches. Therefore, when you are searching for players in My Shop, you must type in their full names.

I wonder what cheat means.

Was it that they can search partially or send a search query on all items and notify them when a cheap rare item is for sale every second.

Other than that I wonder if this new maintenance will introduce new scratch.

Ezodagrom
Dec 18, 2012, 02:48 PM
I wonder what cheat means.

Was it that they can search partially or send a search query on all items and notify them when a cheap rare item is for sale every second.

Other than that I wonder if this new maintenance will introduce new scratch.
Most likely the next new scratch will come in next week's update.

Shirai
Dec 18, 2012, 02:56 PM
Sega better fix the texture issues this time.

Z-0
Dec 18, 2012, 02:56 PM
Yeah, it's next week's update. New Year's Scratch on the 26th of December. <attempting to find source but not getting anywhere>

Meji
Dec 18, 2012, 03:03 PM
Sega better fix the texture issues this time.
Indeed. They're so after schedule with that.

Ezodagrom
Dec 18, 2012, 03:05 PM
Yeah, it's next week's update. New Year's Scratch on the 26th of December. <attempting to find source but not getting anywhere>
The December 5th update notes mention that the christmas lobby ends in December 26th:
http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=680

And the December updates page has 2 greyed sections:
http://pso2.jp/players/update/20121205/

December 26th is the most likely day for the contents of the 2 greyed sections to be added.

Alenoir
Dec 18, 2012, 03:07 PM

Whenever the Arks ceremony scratch ends.

It have always been one scratch replacing another one.

Shirai
Dec 18, 2012, 03:18 PM
Indeed. They're so after schedule with that.

They really are...
It's really bothersome when changing an outfit, it ruins the games whole texture.

Tomeeboy
Dec 18, 2012, 04:02 PM

The info was posted in this story:
http://www.pso-world.com/news/02497-pso2-jp-developer-interview-reveals-arks-clones-january-plus-vita-details

New Years Festivities

New Years content / scratch will release on December 26th
The lobbies will change in real time on December 31st at 11:59PM JST

Macman
Dec 18, 2012, 04:04 PM
What's important to me: is there going to be another several GB patch to download?

UnLucky
Dec 18, 2012, 04:05 PM
My Shop Search Changes:

Cool, they're making the search even worse than it already is.

Laxedrane
Dec 18, 2012, 06:23 PM

It's only temporary until they find a better fix for it.

Alenoir
Dec 18, 2012, 06:50 PM

How often do you do a partial user ID/character name search for their shop? That's the only thing SEGA changed.

ArcaneTechs
Dec 18, 2012, 06:55 PM
The patch is up for download after it checks all your files, letting everyone know, maintenance is still going on

TsukasaPasta
Dec 18, 2012, 07:18 PM
I just keep staring at server status >_>

ArcaneTechs
Dec 18, 2012, 07:27 PM
I just keep staring at server status >_>

i keep loading up the launcher and seeing the maintenance status, makes me hope this goes by faster.......it just needs to go away ;=;

BarbblerElf
Dec 18, 2012, 09:03 PM
I try and log in every now and then hoping a miracle happens and it goes back up and lets me in at the same time x.x

Noc Codez
Dec 18, 2012, 09:07 PM
Lol I'm at work by the time I get home servers should be coming back up.. :)

BarbblerElf
Dec 18, 2012, 09:08 PM
Lucky you :/ I had off today and was hoping to play today. Now I'm just hoping it's up before my 2-3am.

Ezodagrom
Dec 18, 2012, 09:25 PM
Lucky you :/ I had off today and was hoping to play today. Now I'm just hoping it's up before my 2-3am.
According to the scheduled maintenance time, maintenance will last for 5h30 more.

Noc Codez
Dec 18, 2012, 09:32 PM

Wow that sucks.. Sorry to hear that :(

NoiseHERO
Dec 18, 2012, 09:38 PM
13 hour maintenace but there's no new scratch till next week?

Bah humbug

Metalsnake27
Dec 18, 2012, 09:41 PM
Can't play till school is over tomorrow :/ darn.

The Walrus
Dec 18, 2012, 09:43 PM
Aw crud I thought it said maintenance was only an hour today. Looks like one less day of Xie orders for me now :/

BarbblerElf
Dec 18, 2012, 09:47 PM
For future reference, is a 13 hour maintenance a somewhat normal length? After 10 hours of downloading and 4 of installing /updates it wouldn't surprise me.

Silver_Wyrm
Dec 18, 2012, 09:48 PM
I am so hollow right now D: I want to level my fighter so I can use those 10* falz knucks I found

Enforcer MKV
Dec 18, 2012, 09:49 PM
no, nowhere near this long, it usually doesn't start until...what? 9pm, EST?

This time it started at 2pm EST.

Ezodagrom
Dec 18, 2012, 09:49 PM
For future reference, is a 13 hour maintenance a somewhat normal length? After 10 hours of downloading and 4 of installing /updates it wouldn't surprise me.
Today's maintenance is longer than usual. Usually maintenance lasts around 6 hours.

ArcaneTechs
Dec 18, 2012, 09:56 PM
I am so hollow right now D: I want to level my fighter so I can use those 10* falz knucks I found

you have no idea how much i want those for my fighter ;-; they look so awesome

Silver_Wyrm
Dec 18, 2012, 09:59 PM
you have no idea how much i want those for my fighter ;-; they look so awesome

got a picture? my fighter is still 25 (was process of leveling it as my hunter sub but now...>_>) so I cant really see how they look. It was untekked too! I've always had terrible luck so I am super excited.

ArcaneTechs
Dec 18, 2012, 10:12 PM
got a picture? my fighter is still 25 (was process of leveling it as my hunter sub but now...>_>) so I cant really see how they look. It was untekked too! I've always had terrible luck so I am super excited.

i just made a Newman Hunter today, so if i get them ill be super excited to finally have them! Heres a link, just scroll down some:

http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%82%A8%E3%83%AB%E3%83%80%E3%83%BC%E3% 83%95%E3%82%A3%E3%82%B9%E3%83%88

Junglechief
Dec 19, 2012, 12:57 AM
Im getting anxious just to finish unlocking fighter so I can use a 9 Star double saber Falz dropped for me the other day.

ArcaneTechs
Dec 19, 2012, 12:59 AM
Im getting anxious just to finish unlocking fighter so I can use a 9 Star double saber Falz dropped for me the other day.

do you know what double saber it is?

Rebs
Dec 19, 2012, 01:08 AM
06:00 am here (uk) Thought i would try my luck, still down.. booo!
*throws cookies at maintenance team* faster faster!

ArcaneTechs
Dec 19, 2012, 01:11 AM
06:00 am here (uk) Thought i would try my luck, still down.. booo!
*throws cookies at maintenance team* faster faster!

i've been checking every hour for the past 11 hours....i've got a free day hoping to play which im assuming it might be up in like 50minutes or so if not another hour after

Rebs
Dec 19, 2012, 01:16 AM
They have prob finished, sitting there with smug smiles on their faces knowing people are getting cold sweats lol

Seravi Edalborez
Dec 19, 2012, 01:18 AM
I always joke that maintenance is just "scheduled day to spill coffee on the servers"
Emergency maint is "an intern did it"
Extended is "dropped the whole pot"

Rebs
Dec 19, 2012, 01:19 AM
I always joke that maintenance is just "scheduled day to spill coffee on the servers"

Well they need to mop it up quicker! tbfh

BarbblerElf
Dec 19, 2012, 01:27 AM
The maintenance only takes 1 hour. They spend the rest of the time in extreme jump rope contests.

ArcaneTechs
Dec 19, 2012, 01:27 AM

lol they might as well make the servers out of legos and have someone drop them during the mid day as the rebuild it piece by piece

Noc Codez
Dec 19, 2012, 01:45 AM
Servers up yet ?

BarbblerElf
Dec 19, 2012, 01:47 AM
Nope, not for me. (Checked 3min ago)

Rien
Dec 19, 2012, 01:51 AM
The maintenance only takes 1 hour. They spend the rest of the time in extreme jump rope contests.

Air Pocket Swing contests

Noc Codez
Dec 19, 2012, 01:59 AM
Urgh... Better be up when I get home !! Lol

And we all know what they do.. haki-sak tournaments or maybe they play silly little tricks like they did to rubys desk.. Made it into a whole sonic level.. (true story)

ArcaneTechs
Dec 19, 2012, 02:01 AM
gah! i guess another hour we go, im about headed to bed, screw it i'll wait in the morning for this to finish

Noc Codez
Dec 19, 2012, 02:07 AM
gah! i guess another hour we go, im about headed to bed, screw it i'll wait in the morning for this to finish

....but it is the morning...

For me anyway.. :)

BarbblerElf
Dec 19, 2012, 02:09 AM
Well they said about 13 hours, it could last longer. We should have a pool going. I say 17 o:

Xaeris
Dec 19, 2012, 02:16 AM
I think it'll end on time.

Noc Codez
Dec 19, 2012, 02:29 AM
Yea 13hrs is way more than enough time for maint.. Personally they probably was done hours ago and are hanging out in the office or watching TV who knows lol

Silver_Wyrm
Dec 19, 2012, 02:33 AM
Yea 13hrs is way more than enough time for maint.. Personally they probably was done hours ago and are hanging out in the office or watching TV who knows lol

it was schedules 13 hours so there has to be something they needed to do with it

Seraphus
Dec 19, 2012, 02:49 AM
Extended for 3 more hours:

http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=736

Xaeris
Dec 19, 2012, 02:49 AM
Well **** me. Oh well, it's worth it if they're fixing the texture issue.

Silver_Wyrm
Dec 19, 2012, 02:51 AM
google translated for giggles and thought this came out funny

"I apologize to everyone that We apologize for the inconvenience."

according to GT they are sorry that they are sorry :O what could this mean!

Noc Codez
Dec 19, 2012, 02:56 AM

Well FML... Guess its a call of duty night for me.. :(

Edit translated news for those who are lazy lol

For regular maintenance has gone from 4:00 today, during the validation of the server in maintenance, Because the defect is found, we will take time and work and verify the correction. Therefore, we will extend the maintenance period as described below. December 19, is scheduled to be completed scheduled maintenance time 20:00 (Wed) Indeed I am sorry to have gotten everyone wait until there is a maintenance termination notice The connection to the server

SwordOkami
Dec 19, 2012, 03:01 AM

So...I can fall to sleep, now?

Yunfa
Dec 19, 2012, 03:03 AM
So...I can fall to sleep, now?

F------------------------------------------------CK

Sparzyle
Dec 19, 2012, 03:06 AM
google translated for giggles and thought this came out funny

"I apologize to everyone that We apologize for the inconvenience."

according to GT they are sorry that they are sorry :O what could this mean!
I think they just lazy or busy edited the previous announcement and wrote that twice or something lol

Rebs
Dec 19, 2012, 03:07 AM
f**k a duck... another 3 hours
must be some strong old coffee they spilt on the servers

suzaku0zero0
Dec 19, 2012, 03:18 AM
is maitenance completed? what time will it be competed in jp time?

Xaeris
Dec 19, 2012, 03:22 AM
It got extended. The new projected time to completion is 20:00 JST, or two and a half hours from now.

Noc Codez
Dec 19, 2012, 03:22 AM
Soooooo 6am est my time. we'll this sucks..

blace
Dec 19, 2012, 03:23 AM
is maitenance completed? what time will it be competed in jp time?
Estimated 3 more hours. Asking if it's done when that was announced only 30 minutes ago.

Dana
Dec 19, 2012, 03:29 AM
16 Hour maintenance is really over-doing it. They should offer a small window of x2 EXP for that, really.

blace
Dec 19, 2012, 03:30 AM
16 Hour maintenance is really over-doing it. They should offer a small window of x2 EXP for that, really.
There are games that have taken 24+ hours with nothing but an extra day for an event.

Heat Haze
Dec 19, 2012, 03:30 AM
Needs more 5x 1-Day Premium Tickets again for extended downtime.

NoiseHERO
Dec 19, 2012, 03:32 AM
Does this mean we get more premium 1 day tickets? : D

There better be a lot of gameplays changes sneaked into this updates.

Like 5X the droperates on 10* weapons 8D

Aquayoshi
Dec 19, 2012, 03:35 AM
I know Nexon once had a maint on Mabinogi for like... 3 days, I dunno. And being incompetent, they still didn't fully fix whatever serious issue caused them to pull down the servers for so long. I also heard that Mabinogi had like a week-long maintenance in Korea for some reason...

...Glad this game isn't made by Nexon.

Dana
Dec 19, 2012, 03:38 AM
I know Nexon once had a maint on Mabinogi for like... 3 days, I dunno. And being incompetent, they still didn't fully fix whatever serious issue caused them to pull down the servers for so long. I also heard that Mabinogi had like a week-long maintenance in Korea for some reason...

...Glad this game isn't made by Nexon.

Nexon are more incompetent than SEGA. And that's a feat in itself.

Aquayoshi
Dec 19, 2012, 03:41 AM
Nexon are more incompetent than SEGA. And that's a feat in itself.

Not only are they incompetent, they are incompetent to a truly legendary degree. Their customer support is horrible/virtually nonexistent, and it seems like they barely keep their games running via duct tape and prayers.

Silver_Wyrm
Dec 19, 2012, 03:43 AM
Not only are they incompetent, they are incompetent to a truly legendary degree. Their customer support is horrible/virtually nonexistent, and it seems like they barely keep their games running via duct tape and prayers.

I put in a ticket for Vindictus 6 months ago, it's still open. Such a shame I loved that game so much but I just can't do it given who's running the show.

blace
Dec 19, 2012, 03:45 AM
I remember they said they were going to clear out the RMT bots in Dragon Nest, but they were still there 3 months after launch. Recently, when I got on to see what's new, they're still there.

The game is supposed to be region locked and even they fail at it.

Dana
Dec 19, 2012, 03:50 AM

Yes. Indeed. Companies like Blizzard have rather excellent customer support. ~ And maintenance ends early sometimes ;.;

FacelessRed
Dec 19, 2012, 04:34 AM
Needs more 5x 1-Day Premium Tickets again for extended downtime.

Were these tickets emailed to you? because I wanna redeem them. I NEEDS THEM.

Meji
Dec 19, 2012, 04:43 AM
Were these tickets emailed to you? because I wanna redeem them. I NEEDS THEM.

They were handed out in an e-mail around 1st of August, in case you had spent AC during their "Emergency Code: Maintance" days. Mail should be labeled 『プレミアムセット1日』×5個.
You were also given another 1 Day Premium Ticked if you connected your SEGA-ID account to the SecureOTP application for smartphones.

FacelessRed
Dec 19, 2012, 04:57 AM
They were handed out in an e-mail around 1st of August, in case you had spent AC during their "Emergency Code: Maintance" days. Mail should be labeled 『プレミアムセット1日』×5個.
You were also given another 1 Day Premium Ticked if you connected your SEGA-ID account to the SecureOTP application for smartphones.

darn, maybe I didn't get one then >.< I'll find out. thank you.

Mysterious-G
Dec 19, 2012, 05:40 AM
Umm, servers up, yet?

Midori Oku
Dec 19, 2012, 05:42 AM
Umm, servers up, yet?

They are now!

Shiyo
Dec 19, 2012, 05:51 AM
There are games that have taken 24+ hours with nothing but an extra day for an event.

This shouldn't be the norm anymore, or expected, and it shouldn't be OK for anyone. No one should be OK with long maintenance's. Guild wars 2 has had maybe 10 hours of server downtime since release, and since then, they haven't had any at all. You have to restart your game whenever they have an "update" or "scheduled maintenance", then can immediately log back onto the game.

PSO constantly has long 6+ hours maintenance's for normal patches(which shouldn't exist either, considering guild wars 2 can release gigantic patches with 0 server downtime), a 16 hour one is COMPLETELY unacceptable.

If this was 2004, or 2002, or long years ago, sure, I could see it, but with todays technology, we no longer need server downtime to add game updates or patches to the game. Guild wars 2 constant 24/7 server uptime, even durning patches, proves this.

The technology exists, why are new MMO's still using old technology and people are perfectly ok with it? You shouldn't be - no one should be ok with long 16 hour downtimes, or any downtime at all. After playing GW2 I completely forgot that server downtime for patches, or weekly maintenance existed, but I guess some dev's are still using archaic technology.

Time to upgrade Sega, 5-16 hour maintenance is no longer an acceptable thing when other games can literally >>NEVER<< have downtime.

Xaeris
Dec 19, 2012, 05:53 AM
So far so good on textures.

jooozek
Dec 19, 2012, 05:55 AM

If you didn't purchase any AC you wouldn't get them.

Mysterious-G
Dec 19, 2012, 06:19 AM
Hmm, the Christmas presents were next update, I guess? Why did I even think it would be this week? s_s

gigawuts
Dec 19, 2012, 06:25 AM
Hmm, the Christmas presents were next update, I guess? Why did I even think it would be this week? s_s

I was about to say because the next downtime would be after christmas, but it looks like it's actually christmas day.

FacelessRed
Dec 19, 2012, 07:14 AM

WOOT, Can't wait to get home! Not only do I have the 5 premium day tickets i've got like 8 50% drop rate tickets to use up as well XD!

HaxMega
Dec 19, 2012, 07:22 AM
The rewards from the Christmas quest did actually come in today. Check your collection storage. I got my 99 grinders, Photon Sphere, and my Christmas present. (It's a room item)

Mysterious-G
Dec 19, 2012, 08:13 AM
The rewards from the Christmas quest did actually come in today. Check your collection storage. I got my 99 grinders, Photon Sphere, and my Christmas present. (It's a room item)

Ohh! My hero! Thank you! <3

GreenArcher
Dec 19, 2012, 10:57 AM
Boooo can't steal from alt accounts now since it's not a code :(