PDA

View Full Version : What is the WORST co? The BEST/Most Fun co?

AzureBlaze
Dec 19, 2012, 12:14 AM
What do you think is the WORST client order? The Most fun or most useful one?

Rules:
Must be repeatable (a one time thing can't be that annoying)
Can be seasonal/event related if it's repeatable
Why do you like it? Why do you hate it?
Is it bad because the payout is poor, the quest itself involves only super annoying monsters, or the drop rate for the yellow boxes is lousy?

I have not been on all the CO's, they've done super great by making tons of these.

Worst:
Either the banther hide one, because you always get at least 1 banshee hide right away, but then either the banther won't come out, or if he does, it takes so many of him to drop it. Also the item icon for it looks a bit like a flattened squirrel.

Surprising one:
Roddy/Lottie (W/e her name is) cadet girls' "Kill the tainted fangulfs". Been doing forest quests, open forests, MPAs for like 3 days now and not a single infected wolf to be had. Beat that infeced oodan one like 5x now while still getting 0 on the other.
Gilnas armor, for whatever reason is bad too.

What repeatable one will you take once, but never again?

Best:
Something of Xie's, when she's around?
She never wants too many things to be obnoxious (40 fordoran horns for franka...whee) and the drop rate on them also tends to be decent. Her EXP ratio is always really high too.

Maybe Klotho, with his giant pay outs?
They're good for actual fun-fun too....if you can get a team together to run it.

Rien
Dec 19, 2012, 12:23 AM
Do delivery orders count? Quite a few have ridiculously bad payouts for the effort required.

NoiseHERO
Dec 19, 2012, 12:24 AM
According to my laziness, any CO where I have to collect or kill more than 10 things

Silver_Wyrm
Dec 19, 2012, 12:30 AM
its usually the one times that are most annoying though ^^; so far I'll have to go with deband drink EX, 40 items from the fodorans (or w/e the bigger dragon) was a pita

edit: snap thats not repeatable oops

Xaeris
Dec 19, 2012, 12:31 AM
Some Team COs are pretty awful. They can feature mobs that don't appear with much frequency and require a drop that has something like a half and half rate. I hate those.

As far as usefulness goes, Xie is my waifu. 5 drops to be rewarded with exp that beats out any other CO for the level you're doing it at? Yes please. She'll probably show up again for Valentine's after she leaves when Christmas is over.

Seravi Edalborez
Dec 19, 2012, 12:32 AM
I hate anything involving Dinians that aren't Sil Dinians or Set Sadinians. Never shows up. Team orders for these especially suck.

Anything involving large amounts of low drop rate yellow boxes from uncommon enemies in general.

Silver_Wyrm
Dec 19, 2012, 12:33 AM
Some Team COs are pretty awful. They can feature mobs that don't appear with much frequency and require a drop that has something like a half and half rate. I hate those.

As far as usefulness goes, Xie is my waifu. 5 drops to be rewarded with exp that beats out any other CO for the level you're doing it at? Yes please. She'll probably show up again for Valentine's after she leaves when Christmas is over.

and I will be spending much time with her again to level my classes :)

Ryock
Dec 19, 2012, 12:37 AM
I hate any and all client orders that have anything to do with the caves with an absolute passion. On the other hand though, I love any kind of kill count, boss killing, or rare monster locating client order. Also probably goes without saying I like the client orders that give me a lot of money.

lunarsoul
Dec 19, 2012, 12:41 AM
Collecting Fordoran Horns was terrible, I hated that long ago and still do now, I dont ever want to do it again after the first time. The EXP was so not worth it, and you have to collect 40 of them IIRC but the drop rate worse than the other similar COs. Combined with a low appearance rate of the enemy, this CO should die in a fire.

Best right now would be Xie's Banther one. You can even do it on normal, just run to the end, kill, collect (drop rate is good) and you get 24k Exp in 5 or 10 mins if you dont get it the 1st time.

Really hard to figure out the most "fun" one as its more subjective than the others. Though I guess the most fun would be the Klotho ones in most peoples eyes.

Eman2417
Dec 19, 2012, 12:51 AM
Any franka co that doesn't involve bosses.

Takatsuki
Dec 19, 2012, 01:25 AM
Worst:
- Anything that involves Fodorans.
- As mentioned before, this obviously includes the Fodoran Horn drop quest.
- Then there's one from Lottie that requires you to kill 3 Infected Fodoran. It took me DAYS to get that done.
- Any of the rare boss quests that require you to get more than 1 of them, especially if they're the kind that can only appear one at a time (I'm looking at YOU, Burn Draal)
- Complete Distress Signal Investigation with Echo in your party. 9 times out of 10 she will spam Techs right next to the Gilnas and ruin the entire quest for you. (This one isn't repeatable but it's still infuriating)
- Anything where you have to collect more than like 20 of something unless it's from an entire enemy group (like all Dragonkin from "Can You Do Me a Favor? III")
- Any of Hans' or Revelle's Normal mode quests. Once you get a few levels in, they're worth practically nothing.
- ^ To add to that, special note goes to Defeat 80 Micda, Defeat 20 Ga Wonda (really annoying before Ruins), Defeat 60 Sil Sadinian (and 20 Sol and Dinians but they're not as frustrating) from Hans and Defeat 60 Ol Micda, 40 Dagacha and 60 Dagash and Defeat 15 Ga Wonda and 15 Gu Wonda for Revelle.

Best:
- Xie's 3 repeatable quests.
- Klotho's Time Attack Client Orders.
- Amelin's Butterfly Dance Survey. It's decent EXP and super common.
- Kressida's "Can You Do Me a Favor?" and "Rookie Talc Gathering" quests, especially before the weekly limit nerf, but they're still great EXP for weekly quests.

Rien
Dec 19, 2012, 01:41 AM
- Complete Distress Signal Investigation with Echo in your party. 9 times out of 10 she will spam Techs right next to the Gilnas and ruin the entire quest for you. (This one isn't repeatable but it's still infuriating)

This can be resolved rather hilariously by gaining their attention then running as far away from the gilnas as possible until it ends.

Sometimes you can skip the attention part, just run as fast as you can in the other direction, and still win.

Seravi Edalborez
Dec 19, 2012, 01:47 AM
As long as everyone is ~ a grid or two away, game treats it as if enemies aren't even there. Trigger the code and just run away since it's just you and Echo.

This could also be used in Code: Protection with heli pilots, if you ever felt the need to I guess. Possibly even the "protect the crystals" thing in city missions as well, if you got -everyone- to ignore it.

gigawuts
Dec 19, 2012, 01:49 AM
As long as everyone is ~ a grid or two away, game treats it as if enemies aren't even there. Trigger the code and just run away since it's just you and Echo.

This could also be used in Code: Protection with heli pilots, if you ever felt the need to I guess. Possibly even the "protect the crystals" thing in city missions as well.

Yup, I've done it with code protections while looking for the exit. It wound up changing over, and then completing a second time.

Rien
Dec 19, 2012, 01:50 AM

This could also be used in Code: Protection with heli pilots, if you ever felt the need to I guess. Possibly even the "protect the crystals" thing in city missions as well, if you got -everyone- to ignore it.

That's the one part that gets too hard to do. When extra crystals start popping up, you'll almost always be in range of one (2 grid range)

jooozek
Dec 19, 2012, 04:29 AM
Crystals ALWAYS get destroyed if you leave them unattended, the code doesn't care if you are near them, it always spawns the enemies around the crystals.

Requiem Aeternam
Dec 19, 2012, 06:13 AM
For me the worst COs involve:
- Collecting drops from Fodoran or Fodoransa. Took me 2 weeks to complete Lola's CO and even longer to do Franka's.
- Anything that involves the Code Collect with the green drills. I skip these every time they appear for a reason.
- Lisa's CO where she wants you to complete the Tundra Exploration on Hard with only her. I can't even do this on Hard with 3 NPCs (I know this isn't repeatable but it still irritates me).
- Anything that doesn't give a decent reward EXP or meseta wise.
- COs that give out huge rewards but are only completable once (namely Xie's first 2 COs).
- Anything with Quartz Dragons.
- Anything with Breeahda. I HATE Breeahda!
- Anything with Malmoth.
- Anything with Gilnas and Gilnach.
- Koffie's Unlock V. Hard CO (if it was to kill De Malmoth and Catadransa instead of Snow Banther and Quartz Dragon I wouldn't mind this).
- COs that require you to only use one weapon for the whole thing.

For me the best COs involve:
- Repeatable COs with big rewards.
- Xie's Xmas COs. Hit Lv44 and I haven't even got V.Hard yet because of her.
- COs that give rares as rewards.
- Emelin's COs. Easy EXP for basically doing nothing.

pikachief
Dec 19, 2012, 12:37 PM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/32163854.jpg

Akaimizu
Dec 19, 2012, 12:42 PM
I'm still early in the game. The most annoying thing I've had to do was a Client Order for which it depended on you getting a certain amount of a drop. Mostly because it seems to take so many repeated runs to even get them. If you got my kind of luck, even some particularly not-so-rare items refuse to drop from the right creatures after a good number of repeated attempts to get it from them. Dealt with that since the first Mag fetch order.

It echoes in similarity, though not anywhere as maddenly frustrating as the Dual Class quest in FFXI. But it certainly has you doing constant runs, over and over again, of the exact same level(s), to complete. Again, this is supposedly for a non-rare item. I can understand the crazy grind for rare ones.

Lostbob117
Dec 19, 2012, 09:12 PM
Worst: team co's

Best/fun: Probably the boss killing ones.

Syklo
Dec 19, 2012, 09:39 PM
Worst: Daily CO's Afin's PSE Burst CO when you first get it.

Best: TACO