PDA

View Full Version : Item search

FacelessRed
Dec 22, 2012, 04:57 AM
the item search by name or by ability doesn't work for me. What am I doing wrong?

Alenoir
Dec 22, 2012, 05:13 AM
They need to be searched in Japanese.

If you are searching in Japanese, make sure they're spelled correctly.

Kion
Dec 22, 2012, 05:16 AM
my suggestion is to alt-tab search google, and copy paste the item you want into the search box. I think it's pretty stupid that they don't match partial matches either.

blace
Dec 22, 2012, 05:19 AM
my suggestion is to alt-tab search google, and copy paste the item you want into the search box. I think it's pretty stupid that they don't match partial matches either.
There was an update about how they disabled partial searches to prevent RMT, by making it harder to buy certain items without the full name.

Alenoir
Dec 22, 2012, 05:30 AM
Partial item name search was never enabled. It would put too much stress on the server and slow everything (shop-related) down.

The partial being disabled one was for when you search for a shop using a person's user ID/character name. (Yeah, almost no one uses that normally.)

FacelessRed
Dec 23, 2012, 05:08 PM
thanks for the replies, I already was copy and pasting =/ and it wasn't working. So either the source I was using misspelled it, or the game hates me, and judging by the way Doo Doo just handled me, I'm going with Hates me.

jooozek
Dec 23, 2012, 05:15 PM
If you use the english patch... they need to be typed in in English.

BlakLanner
Dec 25, 2012, 12:29 AM

That...is very surprising. It does seem to work for ability search. I have no idea whatsoever how or why it actually works like that, but I am not complaining.

Dark Emerald EXE
Dec 25, 2012, 12:44 AM
I can verify this...of course it took me like 2 weeks to figure this out since i assumed you had to find it in japanese lol

That's abilities though...

Items in such have to be in japanese...

Then again I'm just assuming as i never tried to search for items much...

Anduril
Dec 25, 2012, 01:36 AM
Anything the patch translates has to be in English, but if is still in Japanese it has to be Japanese.

Kion
Dec 25, 2012, 02:01 AM
That would also explain why searches have to be exact matches. They're probably checking against the game data with the input string and then getting an ID number for that item. (The results from the item ID are grabbed from the server, then displayed to the player)

[spoiler-box]
This was kind of touched on before. I was thinking they'd have a normal MySQL search or what ever, "SELECT * FROM Items WHERE 'Name' LIKE '$input'", but it probably goes along the lines of "SELECT * FROM Item WHERE id=$input_id".
[/spoiler-box]