PDA

View Full Version : what to farm to upgrade my weapons?

kabutozero
Dec 23, 2012, 06:31 PM
I'm a level 48 ranger/gunner and my best stuff is really shitty :/

Rifle + 10 alva laser with soul
Bazooka +10 vita raflame with soul
tmg +9 lambda aresvis with soul

What are possible upgrades to each one without having to grin like crazy for them ? Pyroxene shop weapons are out of the question since they would eat a lot of my grinders .... or not because they have holy element?

Seravi Edalborez
Dec 23, 2012, 07:22 PM
Mizer Soul, Shoot III, and (if you feel like it) Spirita Boost is the usual range weapon combination I see. Getting the ideal affix with comfortable success rates may be expensive though (in time or money).

Long-term non-10* options for each weapon:
Lambda Strauss (7*) or Lambda Schwann rifle (8*)
Lambda Saint Kilda (7*), Lambda Verethragna (8*) or Lambda Adrastea launcher (8*)
Lambda Radiegle tmg (9*). Lambda Fusion (8*) as a distant 2nd.

If you want something with more oomph than just 1-6* weapons, you have to suck up grinder costs.

Pyroxene shop weapons should mostly be avoided since they are not particularly good compared to higher power, less rare items. Craft Procyon (launcher) is nice to have on Gunner with Ranger sub though.

kabutozero
Dec 23, 2012, 08:48 PM
what was the best way to get soul + shoot 3 into an item ? some guy of my team told me something about including mutation in one of the sacrifices or w/e , but forgot to take SS

Kirine
Dec 24, 2012, 02:04 AM
what was the best way to get soul + shoot 3 into an item ? some guy of my team told me something about including mutation in one of the sacrifices or w/e , but forgot to take SS

The cheapest way if you plan to do Mizer Soul + Shoot III is for the following.

Terms

Target Item - Item you want to put the soul and shoot III on.
Sacrificed Item 1 - Sacrificed to Affix
Sacrificed Item 2 - Sacrificed to Affix.

Step 1

Take your target item and add on Mizer Soul + Affix that is 100% (Such as Body I, Technique I, Shoot I, etc). The chance to do so is 50%. Once you have Mizer Soul + Sacrificed Affix (at 100%), move to step 2.

Step 2

Buy Shoot II with 2 slots... generally Shoot II + random affix. It should cost 1k~4k per item.

You need to use 3 Shoot II items to make Shoot III at 50%... as the 2nd affix choose something that is 100%

Here's an example below:

Item 1: Shoot II + Technique I
Item 2: Shoot II + Body I
Item 3: Shoot II + Elder Soul

When you combine them and you pick your random 100% Affix, chances should be:

Shoot III - 50%
Body I - 100%

Step 3

Once you have made Shoot III + random affix... combine that new item with Mizer Soul. You need 2 Mizer Soul + Random Affix.

For example:

Item 1: Shoot III + Body I
Item 2: Mizer Soul + Spirita I
Item 3: Mizer Soul + Technique I

When you combine them the outcome should be:

Mizer Soul - 50%
Shoot III - 80%

Shoot III is not so worrisome, but Mizer Soul is, however since it is on a cheap item that probably cost 7-10k to add, it should be fine.

The outcome should come out like the below example:

Sacrificed Item 1 - Mizer Soul + Shoot III

Once you have that... repeat steps 2-3 to create the Sacrificed Item 2 - Mizer Soul + Shoot III.

Step 4

Now you have the required items... Example Below:

Targeted Item - Mizer Soul + Technique I
Sacrificed Item 2 - Mizer Soul + Shoot III

Now combine them all on your target item (make sure it is the targeted item and not your Sacrificed Item that you are affixing on)!

It should look like this:

Mizer Soul - 80% chance
Shoot III - 100% chance (80% if you're doing things like Fang Soul)

You have 80% to worry about。

kabutozero
Dec 24, 2012, 04:10 AM
thank you a lot guys, hope I get some of those weapons to start making something new

Heat Haze
Dec 24, 2012, 04:16 AM
Regrettably, if you're wanting to upgrade your equipment you're going to have to fork over a large sum of meseta.

As far as affixing goes, well. Basic knowhow can save you some affixing costs as 30k per attempt on some weapons does add up quite quickly.

Target Weapon with 0 Slots (Desired weapon to have the affixes):

1. Adding a slot. 80%
1.5. Creating Shoot III (60% if Mutation I is involved)
2. Adding an ability. 80% (Shoot III 2x for fodder or Mizer Soul and Shoot III fodder)
3. Adding a slot and the soul. 42% Mizer Soul, 60% Shoot III

Now, those chances do look abysmal but if you put it in perspective of doing it a 'safe' way..

1. Adding a slot to desired weapon. 80%
2. Adding another slot to desired weapon. 75%, 75%
2.5. Creating a Shoot III. 60%, 100% (If Mutation I is involved, it'll be 60%)
3. Adding Mizer Soul to desired weapon. 50%.
4. Adding Mizer Soul to Shoot III Fodder. 50%, 80%
5. End Result. 80% Mizer Soul, 80% Shoot III.

In the first example, your chances are: 80%*60%*80%*42%*60% and that leaves you with a 9% chance of getting the result you want. (Minus the Shoot III creation, it'd be 16%). It doesn't look that great, but the second example hardly fares better.

You'd be doing: 80%*75%*75%*60%*50%*50%*80%*80%*80%
And that leaves you with a paltry 3% success in the end. (Minus the Shoot III creation, it'd be 6% rounded up.) In addition to even worse chances, you'd be spending more meseta on your desired weapon adding all those abilities, and adding slots back should the affix fail.

Just something to keep in mind.

kabutozero
Dec 24, 2012, 05:58 AM
Anyways do i have to farm mizer soul items myself? They and fang soul items are still expensive ...

Seravi Edalborez
Dec 24, 2012, 12:09 PM
You're paying either time (hunting a lot of Mizer) or money (buying from player shops). If you're gunning for Mizer drops, best to do it with a 4-man party so 3 Mizers spawn in boss arena and just rush to area 3.

.Jack
Dec 24, 2012, 01:15 PM
Step 4

Now you have the required items... Example Below:

Targeted Item - Mizer Soul + Technique I
Sacrificed Item 2 - Mizer Soul + Shoot III

Now combine them all on your target item (make sure it is the targeted item and not your Sacrificed Item that you are affixing on)!

It should look like this:

Mizer Soul - 80% chance
Shoot III - 100% chance (80% if you're doing things like Fang Soul)

You have 80% to worry about。

You can also go with:

Sacrificed Item 2 - Mizer Soul + anything

as long as your target item has the Mizer soul your chance for both will be 80%. There are 5% & 10% synth boosters which don't cost very much (60k-200k atm) that you can use to up the percents to 85/85 and 90/90. If you want it be 100/100 chance there's also a 20% booster, but those always cost over a mill.

kabutozero
Feb 9, 2013, 06:57 PM
HI guys ,I necro my own topic to ask something

I got recently an elder rifle ( at fking last) , it comes with 5 abilities, what would be the best course of action to put soul and shoot 3 in it ? doesn't have useful abilities for that ( mutation , shoot , etc)

SociableTyrannosaur
Feb 9, 2013, 08:26 PM
What's on it now?

kabutozero
Feb 9, 2013, 08:49 PM
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/UOEZ1Dl.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

SociableTyrannosaur
Feb 9, 2013, 09:56 PM
well you'll either need to get throwaways with 5 slots or get that rifle down to 3-4. Get a soul you want on it.

After that get two units with Shoot III and the same soul on it and get an ability affix boost +20. it'll be 100% on the soul and shoot III

kabutozero
Feb 17, 2013, 03:48 PM
Hi guys , necroing my topic , seems now with AQ making shoot 3 items dirt cheap the fastest way would be opening 2 slots puttin shoot 3 then the soul you want? I went for fang soul and put both of them after some fails for less than 300k , which as far as i can tell it's really good and would have been way more expensive with the older method since mizer items with slots are waaaaaaaay over 60k now ,adn even then most of the 300k was because I was working with the elder rifle which means 30k per affix