PDA

View Full Version : How to level quickly? (and how long)

Typhoeus
Dec 23, 2012, 09:04 PM
Hello to everyone, like many of you, I am extremely excited for the US release of PSO2 (soon-ish?)! However, I don't have tons of free times for games like I used to and when playing I like to be as efficient as possible (while still enjoying the essence of the game). So a few questions:

1. What is the best way (I suppose exp/hour) to level/grind from 1 to 50 now (or 1 to 40 with the older content, which we might get first)?
1a. How useful/expensive is the ark shop bonus exp item? (how long does it last as well)
2. A time estimate on how long to get a class to cap (hours is fine).
3. The fastest leveling class (might be pointless if group content is key).
4. The strongest class (I've read Gu/Ra and Fo/Te+Fi; has it always been this way?)
5. The best solo class. (Is this even good for farming rares?)

Thank you!!

Rien
Dec 23, 2012, 09:47 PM
1. Client order everything. When out of client orders, Multi Party.
1a. Expensive, and really not needed.
2. Not sure.
3. Multi Party nets a lot of EXP, so it's hard to say.
4. Gunner/Ranger lays the smackdown on bosses extremely fast, but Fo/Te clears spread-out mobs more easily.
5. See above because yeah.

Ryock
Dec 23, 2012, 09:55 PM
2. If I had to take a guess, if you're really efficient at it, you could probably do it around 100-150 hours to max a single class for your first time.
3. Force/Fighter or Force/Techer. Just because of their abilities to wipe out mobs before most people can get to them.
4. Debatable. Gunner/Ranger is the best boss killer, but not too great in multi party areas. Hunters and Fighters can theoretically do the most damage under the same conditions as others. Problem is the hunter or fighter needs to be good to reliably stick to a monster. Even then, they're going to have to move around a lot more than forces, rangers, gunners, or techers. Forces and Techers are good in both conditions, and due to certain spells like Grants and Rafoie, their attacks cannot often be dodged at all.
5. Force/Techer probably. That or a Ranger/? type. Easier classes to play. Rating this on ease to play though.