PDA

View Full Version : hunter/fighter PB suggestion?

Silver_Wyrm
Dec 23, 2012, 11:56 PM
I was gonna change my pb from helix proi, has anyone tried the other two and have a suggestion?

Rien
Dec 24, 2012, 12:37 AM
Try Julius Proi if you really want to. I've been debating on using PB change devices, but since nobody tells you what's strong nowadays (back then the best thing to do was to stack s-attack and use Aias[Ajax?] Imera/Cetus Imera) The only solution is to try it yourself.

Seravi Edalborez
Dec 24, 2012, 12:40 AM
Most of what I read says that Helix Proi is the best anyways. You may be interested in Julius Proi (6 armed thing doing teleporting multi-punches), but HP seems pretty solid.

blace
Dec 24, 2012, 12:46 AM
The damage put out by Julius Proi isn't really worth noting and isn't too reliable as it can completely miss its target. I have a Julius Nykta now, but if your target moves around, you'll probably want to avoid Julius.

Rien
Dec 24, 2012, 12:58 AM
The damage put out by Julius Proi isn't really worth noting and isn't too reliable as it can completely miss its target. I have a Julius Nykta now, but if your target moves around, you'll probably want to avoid Julius.

That's only if you count single hits. If it only has one mob to attack (like, say, you're fighting Ragne solo)

It warps 3 times total, striking 8 times before warping then doing a final blast at the 3rd target.

In total this adds up to 8 x 3 + 1 = 25 hits. If it does around 240 per hit you get 240 x 25 (not even counting the final hit's boosted damage) = 6000 damage on a single target.

Helix Proi deals two times damage of about 2500 each, making total 5000 per target.

Of course, Helix Proi wins because it deals damage to multiple targets, but Julius has the most potential.

edit: The above damage numbers were based on the highest damage I've seen these photon blasts doing outside weakspot damage.

blace
Dec 24, 2012, 01:07 AM
That's only if you count single hits. If it only has one mob to attack (like, say, you're fighting Ragne solo)

It warps 3 times total, striking 8 times before warping then doing a final blast at the 3rd target.

In total this adds up to 8 x 3 + 1 = 25 hits. If it does around 240 per hit you get 240 x 25 (not even counting the final hit's boosted damage) = 6000 damage on a single target.

Helix Proi deals two times damage of about 2500 each, making total 5000 per target.

Of course, Helix Proi wins because it deals damage to multiple targets, but Julius has the most potential.

edit: The above damage numbers were based on the highest damage I've seen these photon blasts doing outside weakspot damage.
But as I've said, if the target moves around quite a bit, it won't do as much. Large targets like Ragne it works fine against as it tends to stay stationary for a while. Up against enemies like Vol Dragon, Quartz Dragon, Tranmizer, etc. it's difficult for it to land more than a few strikes before it teleports after it again to land another series of blows.

MissMalice
Dec 24, 2012, 01:12 AM
I have the Julius Imera PB, and I love it. Its not really a PB I see too often. I've only met two other people with it, personally. In the video posted below, Julius Imera PB starts at 2:13~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Us2SbdUpCrs

Its really nice when in big MPAs and you're all chaining for a PSE Burst. More daggers get thrown out and REALLY helps to nuke things out of reach. It works nicely on bosses too. Though, like what blace said it tends to miss. But not too often to where I see it as a crippling flaw! c:

Rien
Dec 24, 2012, 01:43 AM
But Julius Imera is based on R-attack. We're discussing S-attack based PBs.

MissMalice
Dec 24, 2012, 01:59 AM
I know, but I was under the assumption that he/she was getting an item to change their current PB to something else. o_o

I was gonna change my pb from helix proi

Anywho! If Wyrm is starting a brand spankin' new MAG, then obviously S-ATK is the way to go. c: If Wyrm is just changing with EXCubes, then my suggestion still stands~ ❤

gigawuts
Dec 24, 2012, 02:37 AM
I know, but I was under the assumption that he/she was getting an item to change their current PB to something else. o_o

Anywho! If Wyrm is starting a brand spankin' new MAG, then obviously S-ATK is the way to go. c: If Wyrm is just changing with EXCubes, then my suggestion still stands~ ❤

He means the damage scales with satk. PB's in PSO2 scale with the player's stats, such that swapping to bare hands will noticeably reduce your PB's damage.

Syklo
Dec 24, 2012, 02:48 AM

I'd like to clarify that JP can warp as many times as it wants to; I've had my mag-beast warp 7times in a row before starting a barrage (Dam signo guns), and I've had warps after 3 slaps.
Also, JP has a similar feature to Cracker Bullet/shell, w.e the launcher PA is called, in the sense that on most mobs, JP can "lock" enemies in place.

It still sucks IMO; PB's are meant to be powerful and sure JP is fairly strong, but it needs focus for potential. I've only seen HP Twice (in my 500 hours of playing, WOW), but I'm certain it's much better: similar damage but larger AOE.

I want julius nifta but can someone tell me the rough average of damage per "hit" for nifta without PB chain and how long it lasts? Also I don't quite get J-Imera: Does it hit ALL enemies around you or just in a conical area infront of you? and how many hits?

gigawuts
Dec 24, 2012, 02:51 AM
How good/bad are the other two helixes? I've been thinking about helix imera, since it would do its thing right by me instead of attacking one fast thing and veering across the map in the exact opposite direction of everything else.

Rien
Dec 24, 2012, 03:39 AM
Helix Imera runs up to the closest thing and strikes. It only works well for stationary targets, and suffers the same targeting issue as Helix Proi, except worse because it won't turn around like Helix Proi :<

Not sure about Nifta though.

Silver_Wyrm
Dec 24, 2012, 03:49 AM
I was thinking of trying nifta myself, curious to how effective it is

Z-0
Dec 24, 2012, 07:47 AM
Ketos Proi is the best PB on everything.

Everything.

Syklo
Dec 24, 2012, 08:27 PM
Ketos Proi is the best PB on everything.

Everything.
I've had glitches with that PB where I'm permanently on PP-supercharge recovery even after the PB itself ended.

Happened twice to me; lasts until I move areas.
-wantstoknowtheactualtrigger-

Eman2417
Dec 24, 2012, 08:36 PM
I've had glitches with that PB where I'm permanently on PP-supercharge recovery even after the PB itself ended.

Happened twice to me; lasts until I move areas.
-wantstoknowtheactualtrigger-
Yeah same thing happened to me awhile ago. The whole mpa did a chain and it never stopped till I left.