PDA

View Full Version : Vita PSO2 Vita version opening video and new trailer

Ezodagrom
Dec 25, 2012, 07:43 AM
www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLV15T4KJfs

www.youtube.com/watch?v=72_VQzHi8GQ

Two new videos released today, the Opening and Promo videos for the PlayStation Vita version of Phantasy Star Online 2.

The Promo Video outlines a list of features coming to the Vita version, including symbol art, my room, 12 person multiparty areas, random fields, seamless weather, interrupt events, and photon blasts among other things. The PlayStation Vita version will collaborate with PlayStation mascots, Toro and Kuro, whom you can invite to your party after completing their client orders. The video also emphasizes that you can use the same characters on both the PC and Vita version.http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-star-online-2-vita-opening-and-promo-video/

blace
Dec 25, 2012, 08:31 AM
The opening is sort of reminiscent of Ragnarok Odyssey's opening in which an encounter takes place in the frozen wastes. Don't understand why the staff and Sakai's name were in english, but the trailer puts emphasis on multiplayer and the multi party areas.

Edit: after watching the second video, the Vita version runs really well in terms of synch and doesn't look like it'll miss out on too much. Good to know I can play this on the go, without losing out on functionality.

Rin Kagamine
Dec 25, 2012, 08:54 AM
The opening is sort of reminiscent of Ragnarok Odyssey's opening in which an encounter takes place in the frozen wastes. Don't understand why the staff and Sakai's name were in english, but the trailer puts emphasis on multiplayer and the multi party areas.

Edit: after watching the second video, the Vita version runs really well in terms of synch and doesn't look like it'll miss out on too much. Good to know I can play this on the go, without losing out on functionality.Neato

Kion
Dec 25, 2012, 10:34 AM
www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLV15T4KJfs

I've complained a lot about this game in terms of story and being shallow. But parkouring down and icy slopewhile being chased by a giant friggin' darker? Omg that scene is epic. That crazy arcade element that sega has brought to the table in pso2 with PSE bursts, emergency quests and now the falz elder boss is finally hitting it's groove. Hey it's kind of stupid but i'm loving every minute of it.

GreenArcher
Dec 25, 2012, 10:43 AM
That is one of the best openings I've ever seen.

NoiseHERO
Dec 25, 2012, 11:11 AM
REally?

skating without skates? Who they think they is? Rock Eastwood?

Assuming Falz Hunar will become a new non-story boss now though. Please have awesome drops non-10*. >______________>

Ezodagrom
Dec 25, 2012, 11:15 AM
REally?

skating without skates? Who they think they is? Rock Eastwood?

Assuming Falz Hunar will become a new non-story boss now though. Please have awesome drops non-10*. >______________>
According to datamining, there appears that there will be an emergency quest with him as boss.

Sinue_v2
Dec 25, 2012, 11:43 AM
Niceee. Certainly a hell of a lot better than PSU's gaw-dawful "Save this World" openings. And is it just me, or did they weave part of "Whole New World" remix into a new score? It definitely sounds like they were looking to invoke nostalgia with that, and they succeeded.

Still not going to even think of getting a PSVita until a US release is confirmed... and even then, I still might hold off until they put out a Vita with TV-Out capabilities.

BIG OLAF
Dec 25, 2012, 11:45 AM
Niceee. Certainly a hell of a lot better than PSU's gaw-dawful "Save this World" openings. And is it just me, or did they weave part of "Whole New World" remix into a new score? It definitely sounds like they were looking to invoke nostalgia with that, and they succeeded.

Yes, quite a few PSO2 songs incorporate sampling from PSO songs.

Dhylec
Dec 25, 2012, 11:57 AM
That's a nice, blood-pumping opening trailer.

Lostbob117
Dec 25, 2012, 12:56 PM
Bad pilot.

Sinue_v2
Dec 25, 2012, 01:24 PM
Bad pilot.

From the look of the drop craft, he was probably an extra from the Halo games trying to make a little extra scratch for Xmas by moonlighting. Those boys are almost constantly on fire or getting blown up. It's like the entire UNSC pilot corps are staffed by Chopper Dave.

HEYOOOOOOOOOOOO! *boom*

Lostbob117
Dec 25, 2012, 01:54 PM
From the look of the drop craft, he was probably an extra from the Halo games trying to make a little extra scratch for Xmas by moonlighting. Those boys are almost constantly on fire or getting blown up. It's like the entire UNSC pilot corps are staffed by Chopper Dave.

HEYOOOOOOOOOOOO! *boom*

I also wonder if Falz knows he even blew the ship up.

Jakosifer
Dec 25, 2012, 01:59 PM
I look forward to getting Absolute Bureido from Falz Hunar. Real talk hoping he drops it. Also hoping in his emq mishy that he has new moves. Want to hear DE DE DE DE DE a lot. Maybe some WAN WAN WAN's too

Tcrusader51
Dec 25, 2012, 06:50 PM
Geez, I hope the english text in the credits symbolize NA/EU version being released soon otherwise I'm going to have to irrationally conclude that Sega is toying with us...

Put all that aside, I love the opening and the game looks to play really well on the vita in which I also will be playing on.

Kion
Dec 25, 2012, 07:15 PM
Geez, I hope the english text in the credits symbolize NA/EU version being released soon otherwise I'm going to have to irrationally conclude that Sega is toying with us...

Japan already has 5 content updates, Vita and smart phone version is already set to come out soon. International version: nothing. It's shaping up to be PSU all over again.

Laxedrane
Dec 25, 2012, 08:37 PM
I look forward to getting Absolute Bureido from Falz Hunar.

I read this as absolute Burrito at first.

Syklo
Dec 25, 2012, 09:11 PM
That escape scene.....i want moar of that >:)

Sonic all over again >.<
There should be more unique arks quests like that :)

Maybe use a bit of the hedgehog engine too for those

Vintasticvin
Dec 25, 2012, 09:29 PM
That escape scene.....i want moar of that >:)

Sonic all over again >.<
There should be more unique arks quests like that :)

Maybe use a bit of the hedgehog engine too for those

And make it a Vita exclusive.

Laxedrane
Dec 25, 2012, 09:37 PM
I always thought they should high jack that broken racing engine from Sonic Riders. It's not the best controls in the world but I think it would be solid for an escape emergency code/quest.

Syklo
Dec 25, 2012, 09:39 PM
And make it a Vita exclusive.
nuuuuu

I always thought they should high jack that broken racing engine from Sonic Riders. It's not the best controls in the world but I think it would be solid for an escape emergency code/quest.
Haven't played riders :|
Still would like to see Generation's engine (which should be the same as Unleashed and Colors anyway); that city escape stage pretty much matches the vita intro here :)

Laxedrane
Dec 25, 2012, 09:46 PM
Haven't played riders :|
Still would like to see Generation's engine (which should be the same as Unleashed and Colors anyway); that city escape stage pretty much matches the vita intro here :)

It's a half decent racing game that fell short due to the usual 00-10 sega model. Shotty controls, difficult camera and a distinct lack of stages in an otherwise good game/idea.

Syklo
Dec 25, 2012, 09:50 PM
Ok the vita intro is more addicting to me than gangnam style.

I have problems....

May0
Dec 25, 2012, 10:07 PM
I like the idea of PSO2 on the go but I don't know know how well PSO2 for the vita will do outside of japan. My main contention the lack of available highspeed internet in large parts of the US.

You can't beat free for a price range but highspeed internet isn't as common in the states as it is many Asian counties. The main appeal of PSO2 for the vita will be the mobility, but if you can't play the game on the go then that main selling point is lost.

Lets assume however that you have LOADS OF DOSH to toss about and you opt in for the $30 monthly service package from AT&T. Nevermind the extra $50 on top of the vita price tag to pursue this option in particular. At that point you're at the whim of AT&T's wifi service that's currently capped at 3GBs a month which will fall short of the 4GB size of the game. This means you'll either need to buy a retail copy or use your own wifi to simply get the game. This is also assuming the area you're in has decent 3G coverage by AT&T and won't get spotty if you start to move around.

If you're in a big city you should be fine but if you're in a more rural area you're probably screwed.

DayDreamer
Dec 25, 2012, 10:17 PM
I like the idea of PSO2 on the go but I don't know know how well PSO2 for the vita will do outside of japan. My main contention the lack of available highspeed internet in large parts of the US.

You can't beat free for a price range but highspeed internet isn't as common in the states as it is many Asian counties. The main appeal of PSO2 for the vita will be the mobility, but if you can't play the game on the go then that main selling point is lost.

Lets assume however that you have LOADS OF DOSH to toss about and you opt in for the $30 monthly service package from AT&T. Nevermind the extra $50 on top of the vita price tag to pursue this option in particular. At that point you're at the whim of AT&T's wifi service that's currently capped at 3GBs a month which will fall short of the 4GB size of the game. This means you'll either need to buy a retail copy or use your own wifi to simply get the game. This is also assuming the area you're in has decent 3G coverage by AT&T and won't get spotty if you start to move around.

If you're in a big city you should be fine but if you're in a more rural area you're probably screwed.

At least this gives an option for people who cant run pso2 on pc.
I mean they still need to get a vita and all but.. im just trying to be optimistic

May0
Dec 25, 2012, 10:36 PM
At least this gives an option for people who cant run pso2 on pc.
I mean they still need to get a vita and all but.. im just trying to be optimistic

I did forget to address that in my post. It is a viable workaround in regards to avoiding the cost of a gaming PC but there are still some issues to bring up. The vita version will be a streamlined version of PSO2 for the PC so the gameplay will be a bit simpler than its PC counterpart. Hopefully it does the PC version justice.

Gen2000
Dec 25, 2012, 11:09 PM
New opening was awesome and way more dynamic the current one.
Highlighting that boob slider technology in character creation, good going.
Looks like some new enemy at 2:18 in trailer vid or was he always in the story mode?

Edit: Derp, just checked bumped, enemy is the Chrome Dragon, nice.

Drifting Fable
Dec 25, 2012, 11:23 PM
I still wish the trailer had a fighter perform a little fistcuff pummel duel with Falz Hunar. >:

But the trailer is still nice regardless.

Tcrusader51
Dec 26, 2012, 01:13 AM

I didn't even know you can play online games off 3G service. Didn't they initially say it wouldn't?

aslan_blue
Dec 26, 2012, 06:45 AM
Sega updated its PSO2 youtube channel!:D

Short trailer of PSO2 VITA.ver  ↓

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxBJEZB-yWM

And,Opening movie is here!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkCtBS-sHOg

May0
Dec 26, 2012, 10:39 AM
well here's where I got my info (http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/01/24/why-you-shouldnt-buy-a-3g-ps-vita)

To answer your question I'm not sure. PSO2 for vita is an online only game (if you don't count the character creator). So I would assume that means you need some form or another of internet access to play the game at any given time. That whittles it down to two options- local WiFI or 3G service via AT&T.

As for whether or not you can game on 3G that's another question. I always wanted to test this out as Verizon claimed it had 3G in my rural area where I used to live. Unfortunately what the 3G map showed vs what was actually available were not the same. In any case you're looking at a 3GB cap with both Verizon and AT&T unless you got grandfathered in from a previous contract. That's from my memory. They may of changed since then.

LinkKD
Dec 26, 2012, 06:17 PM
My first thoughts about the video:

[SPOILER-BOX]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcDzQIM3B50"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcDzQIM3B50[/SPOILER-BOX]

=w=

but no really, I liked a lot the video. Really appreciated how they showed new classes, more characters, and falz. The action was pretty pumping too =w= and that chorus break with the HUmar just guard was pretty cool.

The only things I dislike about it is the little camera time most characters get, and how RANDOM it is to:

"Fight Falz in Tundra while snowboarding with your feet."

like, seriously, if anyone ever mentioned such idea before they came up with this, obviously everyone would think "WTF are you thinking?? that's SO RANDOM"

I guess it would be MORE random if it was on caves while skating on lava ontop of Fordorans though I guess...[?]

but I still like the video a lot regardless =w= GJ Sega

Syklo
Dec 26, 2012, 07:21 PM
My first thoughts about the video:

[SPOILER-BOX]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcDzQIM3B50[/SPOILER-BOX]

=w=

but no really, I liked a lot the video. Really appreciated how they showed new classes, more characters, and falz. The action was pretty pumping too =w= and that chorus break with the HUmar just guard was pretty cool.

The only things I dislike about it is the little camera time most characters get, and how RANDOM it is to:

"Fight Falz in Tundra while snowboarding with your feet."

like, seriously, if anyone ever mentioned such idea before they came up with this, obviously everyone would think "WTF are you thinking?? that's SO RANDOM"

I guess it would be MORE random if it was on caves while skating on lava ontop of Fordorans though I guess...[?]

but I still like the video a lot regardless =w= GJ Sega
I don't know what, why or how, BUT I HATE YOU FOR THIS (parody)!!!

also what's wrong with snowboarding with your feet?
It's the friggin future: slipsoles anyone?

and I have a crush on that new girl (who I believe is the 1st/2nd council member) >.<

LinkKD
Dec 27, 2012, 11:03 AM
I don't know what, why or how, BUT I HATE YOU FOR THIS (parody)!!!

also what's wrong with snowboarding with your feet?
It's the friggin future: slipsoles anyone?

and I have a crush on that new girl (who I believe is the 1st/2nd council member) >.<

Snowboarding withy our feet is just fine, that being the new trailer and the Falz fight setup is the "what" part XD

and what, the one using the daggers? I really liked her too =w=...she looks a lot better in the trailer than in the character creator, lolz.

Syklo
Dec 27, 2012, 05:28 PM
she looks a lot better in the trailer than in the character creator, lolz.

....wat...

:argh::argh::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Fatal-Killer
Dec 27, 2012, 06:09 PM
Not sure if this was asked here before but... Does anyone know what the filesize for the vita version will be? At least for the jp beta? I only have a 4GB memory stick and can't buy another one atm.

Devil Strider
Dec 27, 2012, 06:24 PM
Not sure if this was asked here before but... Does anyone know what the filesize for the vita version will be? At least for the beta? I only have a 4GB memory stick and can't buy another one atm.

There's no set release date or file size for the U.S. release. You should have plenty of time to buy another so I suggest you save up and get at least a 16gb card. Personally I would save up for a 32gb card

Ezodagrom
Dec 27, 2012, 07:36 PM
Not sure if this was asked here before but... Does anyone know what the filesize for the vita version will be? At least for the jp beta? I only have a 4GB memory stick and can't buy another one atm.
If I'm not mistaken, the JP Vita version will be around 4GB on release, dunno if it'll fit in a 4GB stick.

LinkKD
Dec 28, 2012, 12:17 AM
....wat...

:argh::argh::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

what? ;-;

Syklo
Dec 28, 2012, 02:08 AM
what? ;-;
My dreams.......crushed~~

:cry:

Angry_Ryudo
Dec 28, 2012, 04:39 AM
[spoiler-box]http://www.pso2-uploader.info/uploda/src/up31715.jpg
"In Pso2 Special Package for Vita is included a Mag device inspired in Emilia" (bad translation, I know :P)
Afin: Partner, that girl....
Emilia: I'm the mag.
Player: It's the mag.
Afin: Mag what....?[/spoiler-box]

Drunken Dragon
Dec 28, 2012, 04:40 AM
Might be just me but it doesnt really seem like people care at all for the vita version.... Personally, Im buying a Vita for the sole purpose of PSO2, provided it gets a EU release....

PSO has for me mainly been a console experience and i cant really get myself to play it on the PC(and yes, Im aware that I can connect my pc to my tv and play with a controller..) Dont really have the time to sit down and play for long periods of time anyway.. so the vita pick up and play theme suits me fine... I love PSO and enjoyed the portable versions on the original PS and DS so this game should be right up my alley :P

As for the 3g thing, the way I understand it is that you wont have full functionality over 3G, you'd have to be on a WIFI for that... Where I live the 4G net is up and running so I can use my phone as a wifi hotspot if I need to play on the go... At least until the make Vita 4G ready...

Alenoir
Dec 28, 2012, 05:07 AM
For not caring, there sure are a lot of applications for the CBT. (Broke 100k already.) >_>

Taigerr
Dec 28, 2012, 07:25 AM
For not caring, there sure are a lot of applications for the CBT. (Broke 100k already.) >_>

Not like I was expecting anything less but... @*#/!$*#@...... Lottery is gonna be tight!