PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 PSO2 Randomly resets desktop computer.

Jkid
Dec 25, 2012, 06:35 PM
I have a Lenovo desktop with a Gforce ft 550 ti. Recently two weeks ago, pso2 is has been randomly resetting my pc without warning. No other games has this problem, and this.is.getting annoying real fast. I hope its a corrupt file on the system that is causing the resets or gameguard.

CelestialBlade
Dec 25, 2012, 07:10 PM
Could be overheat protection kicking in. May want to monitor your CPU and GPU temps while PSO2 is running.

Jkid
Dec 25, 2012, 07:29 PM
That could be a possibility. Apparently PSO2 is so action intense that it triggers overheating protection protocols on the card due to the insane amount of action. The real question is how can I prevent it from happening? Make it graphically less intensive?

Kirine
Dec 25, 2012, 07:40 PM
That could be a possibility. Apparently PSO2 is so action intense that it triggers overheating protection protocols on the card due to the insane amount of action. The real question is how can I prevent it from happening? Make it graphically less intensive?

Most likely clean out your fan...

or provide a cold temperature cooling pad.

Sp-24
Dec 25, 2012, 08:11 PM
It may also be PSU's fault. Assuming that your PC didn't have any parts replaced, how old is it?

And yeah, Japanese games tend to cause stuff like that.

Cagedtaytay
Dec 25, 2012, 08:30 PM
It may also be PSU's fault. Assuming that your PC didn't have any parts replaced, how old is it?

And yeah, Japanese games tend to cause stuff like that.

Sabotaging one gaijin PC at a time.

Sp-24
Dec 25, 2012, 08:41 PM
Pretty much every part of every PC in the world is made in China, so I expect Japanese PCs to suffer from similar problems just as often as we do. Though I won't rule out your theory just yet, either.

consume
Dec 25, 2012, 08:42 PM

Make sure you're limiting your fps in the graphic settings. If youre constantly running the game at 100+ fps it could heat up your card a lot. My video card was running at 90c because i didn't cap my fps.