PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 2nd player's survey incoming

Sp-24
Dec 25, 2012, 09:46 PM
It looks like Sega is holding another survey (http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=753), where you can complain about things that you don't like to somebody who may or may not do something about them (strictly in Japanese, of course). The survey will last from December 26th, 11:00 (that's soon) until January 15th, 11:00, JST time zone. You still have some time to compile a list of things that you do and don't like, want and don't want in the game in your head, and maybe even to translate them. Those who participate in the survey will receive an item code for 500 FUN points sometime later... Or not, according to the disclaimer at the bottom of the page.

Quick tip: if you have nothing to complain about, get a weapon from the Iritista shop and try grinding it.

Here is a link directly to the questionnare (https://ssl.pso2.jp/players/enquete/), for the convenience's sake.

Mysterious-G
Dec 25, 2012, 09:50 PM
Whoever requests an AC-based option to change your character's name forever is my hero.

ArcaneTechs
Dec 25, 2012, 09:51 PM
lol SEGA INCREASE ALL DROPS RATES 10x FOLD!! NO THATS NOT GOOD ENOUGH, 100x FOLD!! THATS NOT GOOD EITHER! 1000x FOLD!!! EVERYONE WILL BE HAPPY AND HAVE EVERYTHING!!!

but on a serious note, I like what someone else said in another thread, keep the Hard Rares on Hard and VH weapons on VH and etc less stress on finding a disappointing rare

Also, AC wise, make the make over shop 100 AC or 200 AC, i think that would rake in some good cash with people wanting to make adjustments still and being at a decent price, $5 for one time change? no thanks (though i almost did it once)

Xaeris
Dec 25, 2012, 09:52 PM
They didn't do anything about most of my suggestions last time. Which is understandable, they can't do everything everyone suggests. Still, maybe I'll make them again. Even if they don't want to fix their dumb grinding RNG, I really think sticking free access to the Salon in the premium package would move more of them.

EvilMag
Dec 25, 2012, 09:53 PM
Someone want to kindly translate to make 10 star rares tradeable and boost the success rates?

inb4itwontwork

Takatsuki
Dec 25, 2012, 09:55 PM
Someone made a full translation of the previous one, lets hope they do it for this one too.

Heat Haze
Dec 25, 2012, 09:58 PM
That's interesting. I could complain about a lot of things, but most of it would be personal gripe. I suppose the most important things to me would be..

1. The Current Economy: RMTs (Sega is trying here.. I think) and Time Attack COs injecting money into the economy; not enough of a money sink to deal with all the meseta swirling around player shops.

2. RNG. Grinding is one thing, but adding 2 weapon slots to an item? 75%, 75%? It shouldn't take 10+ tries for both to succeed (Could just be me, but it seems; despite 75% and 75% equating to a coin flip to succeed.. one seems to fail very very often).

3. The All Class Weapons thing. It's clumsy, and shouldn't even be here. Just let us select up to two/three weapon types from the pool of Main and Sub Class that we can use. It's discouraging when they've said very early on there would be more all class weapons; only to find out they're rare. (I'm looking at you Elysion.)

4. Let us convert Synthesizers to Grinders. Please.

5. Drop rates. Okay, yes. This is my personal gripe here. In my defense, it seems like Sega set the drop rates with the thought that they expect everyone to: Have a level 6 Tree Rare Drop Boost, a Rare Drop Up effect from Med Drink, an item Rare Boost, and Lucky Rise Unit Sets at all times.

Just my opinion of course, don't kill me for having one. If anyone could translate this, it'd be fantastic. And thanks ahead of time for people that do.

consume
Dec 25, 2012, 10:01 PM
I really wish they would increase drop rates of rares...but it would really just defeat the purpose of having rare weapons. You don't need insanely powerful 10* weapons as they just allow you to steamroll everything in the game. I guess the 6* weapons are good enough but it would be nice to find something i'm looking for once in a while..

That's interesting. I could complain about a lot of things, but most of it would be personal gripe. I suppose the most important things to me would be..

1. The Current Economy: RMTs (Sega is trying here.. I think) and Time Attack COs injecting money into the economy; not enough of a money sink to deal with all the meseta swirling around player shops.

2. RNG. Grinding is one thing, but adding 2 weapon slots to an item? 75%, 75%? It shouldn't take 10+ tries for both to succeed (Could just be me, but it seems; despite 75% and 75% equating to a coin flip to succeed.. one seems to fail very very often).

3. The All Class Weapons thing. It's clumsy, and shouldn't even be here. Just let us select up to two/three weapon types from the pool of Main and Sub Class that we can use. It's discouraging when they've said very early on there would be more all class weapons; only to find out they're rare. (I'm looking at you Elysion.)

5. Drop rates. Okay, yes. This is my personal gripe here. In my defense, it seems like Sega set the drop rates with the thought that they expect everyone to: Have a level 6 Tree Rare Drop Boost, a Rare Drop Up effect from Med Drink, an item Rare Boost, and Lucky Rise Unit Sets at all times.

Just my opinion of course, don't kill me for having one. If anyone could translate this, it'd be fantastic. And thanks ahead of time for people that do.

That's one of my problems as well. Especially when trying to go for 3 slots. One will almost ALWAYS fail.

Jakosifer
Dec 25, 2012, 10:05 PM
Naisu. Time to bug the hell out of JP friendos to get a message sent.

Agitated_AT
Dec 25, 2012, 10:14 PM
Yeah let them up the rare drops because that is the biggest issue. Finding more rares will totally make the experience better in the game. Why you'd ask me? Well because having more rares is fun

ShilohSham
Dec 25, 2012, 10:27 PM
If anyone would be a Bro and translated the following I would thank you from the bottom of my heart

1.Ability to Buy/Redeem AC In-game like other MMO's

2.More western Hairstyles

3.More Boss Event missions

Thanks for anyone willing to take the time to translated this if anyone

BIG OLAF
Dec 25, 2012, 10:29 PM
Yeah let them up the rare drops because that is the biggest issue. Finding more rares will totally make the experience better in the game. Why you'd ask me? Well because having more rares is fun

You seem to have forgotten the whole "make all the games weapon/armor improving systems not rely on a massive series of invisible dice rolls" thing, too.

What exactly qualifies as a 'Western' hairstyle?

Z-0
Dec 25, 2012, 10:29 PM
omg

more ta quests
actual set quests
release those advance quests
SOLO stuff (that actually gives you something -- multiplayer should STILL be better but yeah)
remove MPA grinding (lol)
INCENTIVE to actually try and do well (because who tries in the TA quests these days hmmm? should get something like GRINDER rewards if you sub-5 nab or something)

basically stuff so that "hardcore" players aren't bored because we can only level up 10 times every 5 months (woo!) and there's hardly anything to do with our powerful rarz (I mean the TA quests are nice (EXCEPT AMDUSCIA FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK rage too much look gwanahda ftw \o/ \o/ \o/), but there's not much reason outside of that).

where is mai ruinz ta gaiiz?? also make amd ta less annoying pl0x. gwanahda essentially.

but im not casual enough to be taken seriously because dress-up onry kazualz ftw man sega where is my actual GAMEPLAY i am sick of this game being about costumes only. sure they rake in cash (because they are so easy to milk man) but you'd get MORE if you made this game more exciting to play.

also plz fix em only rares that is SO annoying i actually want to hunt for what I want instead of hoping for it to pop up >_>

im tired and kind of high if you didnt notice

B> translater (yes I am can spell incase you didnt notice this is all quite intentional)

just needs more content that lasts for more than a week, not increase in drop rate on rares or whatever. i get bored and start idling onry after a week because man what is there to do on this game.

except ta

that is always fun

if you actually try. man server needs to go up already so I finish solo ta'ing lilipa. 12:44 not too good atm.

ps: yeah rng is annoying but I don't think it's the MAIN problem with this game although I wish they'd do something about the game being 100% reliant on the stupid thing.

Gold Saw
Dec 25, 2012, 10:37 PM
If anyone would be a Bro and translated the following I would thank you from the bottom of my heart

What? That doesn't make any sense. What do you mean by western hairstyles? Better yet what is a western hair style? Hair is hair.

Csero
Dec 25, 2012, 10:47 PM
Quick tip: if you have nothing to complain about, get a weapon from the Iritista shop and try grinding it.

Seriously. Farm a few mil off of TA's, and grinding the weapon to exactly the same grind it was before gets tiresome after a while. I understand a +10 10* is supposed to be hard to come by, but seeing no progression for my time after a few weeks kills my interest. It's one of my few gripes about an otherwise largely excellent game.

Takatsuki
Dec 25, 2012, 10:58 PM
Some things I would like to suggest:
- Lower the requirement to unlock Fighter/Gunner/Techer to level 15 (same level as Subclassing).
- Increase the value of items sold to the NPC vendor. Maybe not as much as it used to be, but more than it currently is.
- Give Synthesizers SOME kind of use beyond affixing.
- Change Fury Stance to a percentage based increase in power. After level 30 or so, 150 S-ATK is practically nothing.
- Add Element changing items to the EX Cube shop.
- Reduce the number of kills you need for Girard's main rare boss COs (such as rare Vol Dragon and the rare Snow Banshee/Banther, but NOT the sub-bosses like rare Rockbear or rare Caterdran) to 1.
- Reduce the number of infected enemy kills that you need for Lottie's quests for uncommon enemies (such as Fodoran and Signo Gun) from 3 to 1, increase the amount of EXP for these quests but change them to weekly quests.
- Allow us to change the design of the Team Rooms.
- Add more items to the Pyroxene shop, not just weapons.
- Add an uncommon (4-6*) set of white-colored weapons that can be used by any class and use ABL/DEX to equip, but make them very weak in comparison to other weapons of the same rarity.
- Increase the chance of obtaining Fire, Ice and Lightning discs as a Techer and increase the chance of obtaining Wind, Light and Dark discs as a Force.
- Add more quests that can only be completed once to the early-game that reward an above average amount of EXP and Meseta, to help beginners get on their feet.

domokun1134
Dec 25, 2012, 11:18 PM
Whoever requests an AC-based option to change your character's name forever is my hero.

This x 10

sugarFO
Dec 26, 2012, 12:02 AM
I took the survey and added these things:
AC charged name change
Reduce grinding and attribute costs
Do something about meseta value
Allowing foreign players to stay in JP version

Heat Haze
Dec 26, 2012, 12:03 AM
omg [...]
Sounds like you had one hell of a Christmas Party. Do people really complain about Amu TA that much? The only complaint I hear about TA is that people can't find a party but.. you know SOLO. Sure people would say it takes longer, but solo is a different kind of fun on it's own.

Boss Rush modo.
Yes.

That's one of my problems as well. Especially when trying to go for 3 slots. One will almost ALWAYS fail.
3-Slots? One almost always failing is to be expected. You're faced with a .7*.7*.7 chance of getting 3 slots on your weapon. A 35% chance of what you actually want. Failing this a few times is more acceptable than adding 2 slots. Regardless of a .75*.75 (56% chance) of adding 2 slots; it fails a huge number of times despite what the numbers show. Personally speaking at least.

Z-0
Dec 26, 2012, 12:16 AM
Do people really complain about Amu TA that much?
Most who TA the quest (not just run it for the meseta) believe it's a horribly designed quest compared to Naberius and Lilipa, which are far better designed overall. Running it for meseta is no problem, as these aren't really "problems" (because nobody cares about TA for TA) since you don't really care about your time.

The "avoid killing dragonkin" is a silly mechanic that only serves to slow players down. Even if you're careful while trying to do things quickly, things can go sour from a dragon jumping into your attack and dying, especially since they lowered the dragons' levels in Continent, and the Cater himself. Multiple times a dragon has jumped into my Deadly Archer of its own free will and killed itself. Not my fault and shouldn't be costing me time.

A few things spawn prematurely to the players actually getting there, which skews the spawns and makes it rather un-TA like. Biggest offender of this are the Gwanahda and Caterdran. Since they spawn a room before you actually get to them, the Gwanahda could be doing absolutely anything in the timespan that you're killing the room beforehand. Even if you're fast, the Gwanahda could be digging down all the time, face planting itself in a wall or, if you're lucky, not doing much with all the arms for the picking! It's also very annoying that arms are sometimes untargetable when they "claw".

The last attack in Continent is also completely random. You can skip it with mechgun flips, but I have a feeling it's not intentional so could be patched later on...

Also, Vol Dragon can have infection 2 and 3, which gives him higher stats...

The other two TA quests are better because things spawn as you get there. You can plan and strategise for them, and do them a lot better than certain things in the Amduscia TA which require more luck than anything else.

gigawuts
Dec 26, 2012, 12:19 AM
How timely, may as well get on this then.

Any JP speakers mind helping me figure out how to suggest more common rares that do different things besides more damage? And without having to +10, and not just 5% this or 11% that either. Probably a whole new subpalette button.

A kind of cap on the bad RNG, exactly what they're doing to the matterboard, would also be nice.

Boss Rush modo.

But...but...almost every level is boss rush modo.

Also, making secondary classes accessible to lower level players is a great idea.

Heat Haze
Dec 26, 2012, 12:20 AM
Most who TA the quest (not just run it for the meseta) believe it's a horribly designed quest compared to Naberius and Lilipa, which are far better designed overall. Running it for meseta is no problem, as these aren't really "problems" (because nobody cares about TA for TA) since you don't really care about your time.

The "avoid killing dragonkin" is a silly mechanic that only serves to slow players down. Even if you're careful while trying to do things quickly, things can go sour from a dragon jumping into your attack and dying, especially since they lowered the dragons' levels in Continent, and the Cater himself. Multiple times a dragon has jumped into my Deadly Archer of its own free will and killed itself. Not my fault and shouldn't be costing me time.

A few things spawn prematurely to the players actually getting there, which skews the spawns and makes it rather un-TA like. Biggest offender of this are the Gwanahda and Caterdran. Since they spawn a room before you actually get to them, the Gwanahda could be doing absolutely anything in the timespan that you're killing the room beforehand. Even if you're fast, the Gwanahda could be digging down all the time, face planting itself in a wall or, if you're lucky, not doing much with all the arms for the picking! It's also very annoying that arms are sometimes untargetable when they "claw".

The last attack in Continent is also completely random. You can skip it with mechgun flips, but I have a feeling it's not intentional so could be patched later on...

Also, Vol Dragon can have infection 2 and 3, which gives him higher stats...

The other two TA quests are better because things spawn as you get there. You can plan and strategise for them, and do them a lot better than certain things in the Amduscia TA which require more luck than anything else.

I never noticed the Vol Dragon infection thing since it always appeared as level 2 for me; but the whole avoid dragonkin thing is pretty dumb.

Also, am I the only one complaining about the All Class Weapons thing? I really think that allowing players an option of choosing two weapon types + Gunslash between their Main and Sub to use would be a great thing; instead of relying on specific weapons (which happen to be all rare [some more rare than others, but rare all the same]). More than that, I'm sour about the only all class Wand being 11*. >_>

Ezodagrom
Dec 26, 2012, 12:35 AM
If I knew japanese, these would have been my suggestions:

- Make enemies more aggressive/smarter depending on the number of players in the current coordinate position in an MPA.

- Either add new attacks for enemies or make their existing attacks more effective every few difficulty modes (like, every 2 difficulty modes or so).
*Note: I would say to make enemies more aggressive in each difficulty mode, but I haven't played very hard mode enough (only played a little bit of forest, caves and desert) to know if there's any change in enemy behaviour between difficulties.

- Make grinding success rates of weapons the same as units (units are easier to grind than weapons currently).

- Either make affix transfering more bearable, or add a feature to protect a number of affixes the item already has.

- Since the pyroxene shop needs to be expanded for it to be a viable alternative to the RNG for getting equipment, and since there's not much incentive to S rank quests, I think that adding pyroxenes as rewards for S ranking quests would be nice. The number of pyroxenes rewarded could depend on the length and difficulty of the quest, and the type of pyroxene could either depend on the area of the quest, or on the quest itself.

This is all I can think of now. ^^;

Infinity Series
Dec 26, 2012, 01:00 AM
I took the survey and added these things:
AC charged name change

you're my heroooooooooo

Allowing foreign players to stay in JP version

o.o

plasism
Dec 26, 2012, 01:47 AM
Geh... having trouble reading the japanese options from Qn6 onwards...

And also typing in japanese will be hard... T T

Silver_Wyrm
Dec 26, 2012, 01:48 AM

this so much, I want to go back to my olden days and name my character Missy again

Alenoir
Dec 26, 2012, 02:19 AM
Biggest offender of this are the Gwanahda and Caterdran. Since they spawn a room before you actually get to them, the Gwanahda could be doing absolutely anything in the timespan that you're killing the room beforehand.

What. You're now spawned in the swastika area first so the Gwana and Cata doesn't spawn 'till you get pass the marathon.

Z-0
Dec 26, 2012, 06:37 AM
What. You're now spawned in the swastika area first so the Gwana and Cata doesn't spawn 'till you get pass the marathon.
Exactly. And they still spawn earlier so the Gwanahda is still doing its own thing by the time you get to it. I've done the room before it almost pretty instantly yet the Gwanahda is still out and about somewhere doing its own thing and wasting time.

jooozek
Dec 26, 2012, 09:37 AM
Someone write them to allow optionally to disable:
- double tap to dash
- autotargetting

EvilMag
Dec 26, 2012, 09:40 AM
Someone should suggest the option for PC players to switch their interface to the Vitas.

NoiseHERO
Dec 26, 2012, 09:49 AM
>Spam increased drop rates, or make 10*+ weapons trade-able,

>Ability to hide HUD for recording,

> Give weapons more interesting abilities THAT MAKE SENSE!

>Nerf the fuuck out of dodo

Laxedrane
Dec 26, 2012, 10:01 AM
Since most people will make most of my wants in their post I'll post my less popular ones.

-A better ratio of men to women clothing. FFS Guys this scratch is a disgrace. Why not just Neuter all the men and just give us pec emphasizing outfits.

-More cameo weapons from PSU. (GIVE ME SWEET DEATH AND OKAROD!>:O)

-Zero and the rest of PSO outfits. I particularly want Zero fomar.

-More long haired hair-styles.

Of course I like to see more weapon classes then more classes themselves.

Rien
Dec 26, 2012, 10:59 AM

This is funny because the two new hairstyles are... well, long hair.

Kilich
Dec 26, 2012, 11:00 AM
- More underwear options
- Minigames for My room/Team room, with co-op if possible
- Pilotable vehicle sections, either for especially strong enemies, or minigames during a mission

Kion
Dec 26, 2012, 12:28 PM
>Spam increased drop rates, or make 10*+ weapons trade-able,

>Ability to hide HUD for recording,

> Give weapons more interesting abilities THAT MAKE SENSE!

>Nerf the fuuck out of dodo

・10☆アイテムのドロップ率をあげるか、10☆以上のアイテムを交換できるようにするか
・特殊能力の種類を増やして
・デゥデゥの確率を直して、80%なのにあまりに失敗すること多いから。明らかに可笑しいでし ょう!?

SisterPrincess
Dec 26, 2012, 01:07 PM
Get rid Gameguard and switch Hackshield. It was proven to be useless and hurt actual players. Didn't PSU suffer same issues?

I really mean it.

Everything else Sakai always able to find an excuse to hide it.

Hopefully, there are people suggest to remove gameguard completely.

Sp-24
Dec 26, 2012, 01:11 PM
I did that in the last survey. Sega has later fixed my problem by making me upgrade from 64-bit Windows 7 to XP x86, and later yet - from a laptop to desktop PC that, by some miracle, works with Gameguard. So yeah, if a massive outrage back in the day didn't hint them that something might be wrong with their choice of anti-cheating software, I doubt anything will.

Mizunos
Dec 26, 2012, 02:41 PM
My two cents, for what it's worth:
- Remove this atrocious affixing system altogether and give weapons special abilities just like in PSO.
- Remove MPAs from arks quests and free fields, make them accessible only during emergency missions. MPA is the cancer that completely drove me away from this game, it makes everything stupidly easy and boring as hell.
- Increase the drop rates, they're just ridiculous as they are now.
- Make 10☆+ weaps tradable.
- More TA quests.
- Bring arks quests with fixed map layouts.
- Bring back the alpha lobby :[ it was much better imo.

MetalDude
Dec 26, 2012, 02:46 PM
I mentioned an option to disable double tap evasion in my survey. It's kind of dumb that we don't have the option in the first place.

Lostbob117
Dec 26, 2012, 03:00 PM
Why do you people complain about grinding? It's called grinding for a reason.

Alenoir
Dec 26, 2012, 03:08 PM

Because of money.

No complains here though, at the very least if I fail to upgrade my Elder Rifle it wouldn't just go kaboom.

Eternal255
Dec 26, 2012, 03:09 PM
can someone translate the dropdown box items please?

CyberNei
Dec 26, 2012, 03:12 PM
Hope they will listen my wish to bring lapuchas back T^T ...
... *ahem*

Ezodagrom
Dec 26, 2012, 03:34 PM
can someone translate the dropdown box items please?
The survey is translated here:
http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-players-survey-2/

gigawuts
Dec 26, 2012, 03:39 PM

The first time it was called grinding there was no RNG factor.

Try again please.

Z-0
Dec 26, 2012, 03:40 PM
I have a bit of a translation request, which would be greatly appreciated. I want to fill out the entire survey than just random bits, so I have answers to each field I can comment on. If anybody could translate these, it would be great, thank you.

[spoiler-box]Q15

Quest Content: I feel there is a lack of quests. They all feel the same, and I would like to see quests expanded on to be made more interesting and have a reason to play. I would most like to see quests with set spawns and maps, which would make hunting a little more successful and perhaps enjoyable. I would also like to see more Time Attack Quests, because those are very enjoyable. They do not need to add more meseta to the Time Attack Client Orders, just be there to play.

Enemy AI: As of current, I feel the Enemy AI is a little too easy. Most of the time the enemies seem to circle the player, and it's not very challenging, especially if you're a ranged or technic class. I would like to see the AI be a little more difficult to add some challenge to the game.

Game Balance: Overall, I think the balance in game is very good, except for the Techer class. For a "battlemage" they're not very strong or practical. In my opinion, it would be a good idea to add a certain branch of weapons just for Techers, like swords for techers, partisans for techers, etc. This would make the Techer class more appealing to certain players.

My Shop: As of now, it's a little annoying searching for more than one affix on an item. I believe it would be a good idea to be able to search for multiple affixes at once. This would also reduce load on My Shop searches as there would be less searches overall.

Story Progression: I personally feel that the Matter Board is a little boring. There seems to be a little point to killing an enemy and getting a specific item. I would like to progress through the story similarly to Phantasy Star Portable 2. This would possibly make Story more appealing to certain players.

Interrupt Rankings and Emergency Quests: As of current, Interrupt Rankings occur far too infrequently. There are many players who like to play Interrupt Rankings (specifically Time Attack), but they rarely show up, or show up when the players are not online due to a lack of them. However, most players avoid Interrupt Rankings because there's no decent reward. In my opinion, an incentive should be added to Rankings outside of FUN. For examples, some rewards could be grinders (99 for 1st, 50 for 2nd-5th, 30 for 6th-10th), or Excubes for first, or something along those lines. I also feel that rares SHOULD NOT be made Emergency Quest only. The Dark Falz Quest has made many players unmotivated to play outside of Dark Falz hours, as the rares they want are from Dark Falz only. I feel that rares should always be obtainable outside of Emergency Quests, but easier to obtain in Emergency Quests.

Client Order: I would like to see some specific repeatables, such as the Time Attack Client Orders, to be shifted to a 20 hour cooldown like Team Orders, instead of 24 hours. 24 hours makes it not possible to do the Client Order everyday, even if you want to.

Item Collection: I feel that the drop rates are far too low as they are based on 12-man MPA grinding with cross bursts. Unless you MPA for many hours a day, it's extremely difficult to find a rare you wish to come by. I would like to see a method to be able to efficiently hunt rares without 12-man MPA grinding. As of current, many people are turned off because they cannot find the item they want, especially since 10*+ items are untradeable.

Grinding and Affixing: I feel the success rates for 10*+ items should be loosened slightly. They are currently fine as is, but items like grinder protectors and success increases are getting expensive, thus meaning it is difficult to grind items if you do not have a lot of meseta. The affixing system is fine as is.

Skill Tree: The last skill tree update messed up some tree plans that some people had, and caused some players problems.

Aesthetics: I would like to see aesthetics have less focus than current. Currently, it seems that aesthetics are the main focus of PSO2, and this turns off a lot of players who enjoy it for the gameplay. Content itself is coming by too slowly for "hardcore players", who are getting bored with the game quickly.

Premium Set: Currently, the Premium Set is not appealing since you can buy shop on its own. In my opinion, premium should give you some extra free things, even if the price has to be increased. For example: Free makeovers in the Salon, an extra skill tree for each class (or 3 in classes of your choice), or an extra mag. This would have many more people buying the Premium Set.

EXCube System: As of current, I feel that EXCubes do not have many appealing items. 30 grinders is too little overall, and should be increased to 50. In my opinion, it would be nice to see certain affixing items that are hard to obtain in the EXCube shop premade, to perhaps encourage these to be used (4 / 5 slot Power III, Technique III, etc, or some Power V / Technique V units).

Q30

Overall, PSO2 is a very fun game with a great combat system and is very intensive under certain conditions, such as boss battles or the Time Attack Quests. The Time Attack Quests show how great the PSO2 battle engine can be used, and map creation as well. If more of this was to be extended into more of the game, I feel PSO2 would be a very good game.

Q31

In PSO2, a lot of the game is playing the same map for hours to hunt items. It is extremely unfun because you are running in circles, but there's not much else to do if you want to find items. Quests such as Time Attack are very enjoyable, but it is very difficult to find players to do them as the Time Attack Client Orders are the only reason people play them, and they can only be done once a day. If there was an incentive to play a little differently than mindless MPA, I believe the game would be a lot more enjoyable, and there would be a lot less complaints overall.

The random number generator can also be very unforgiving, and drives players' motivation to the ground. I feel that less things should rely on this, so players can enjoy themselves and earn something without having to hope to be lucky.[/spoiler-box]

Kitoshi
Dec 26, 2012, 04:32 PM
My two cents, for what it's worth:
- Remove this atrocious affixing system altogether and give weapons special abilities just like in PSO.
- Remove MPAs from arks quests and free fields, make them accessible only during emergency missions. MPA is the cancer that completely drove me away from this game, it makes everything stupidly easy and boring as hell.
- Increase the drop rates, they're just ridiculous as they are now.
- Make 10☆+ weaps tradable.
- More TA quests.
- Bring arks quests with fixed map layouts.
- Bring back the alpha lobby :[ it was much better imo.

You sir, deserve a medal.

This is exactly what drove me away from PSO2 as well.

The game in itself isn't that bad, but that beyond horrible MPA stuff is just, i hate it, with a passion.

Galax
Dec 26, 2012, 05:44 PM
Personally, I find MPA quite useful. There have been countless times I've been running a mission, only to have a really bad combo of things pop up - Funji followed by code: attack or code: duel, anyone?

I can throw out a cry for help in public chat, along with my location, and more often than not, SOMEONE responds and saves my ass, either fending off the mobs outside the funji while I attack the funji itself, or using AoE to trash everything in the case of Forces or Techers. I've responded to such calls myself, and I don't doubt that the one trapped is at least a little grateful for the help - Really sucks in Tundra when you get caught in a Funji and a Banther leaps out of the woodwork (Icework?) to really mess up your day.

Take away MPA, and you take away that. They've already imposed a time limit on MPA mob spawnings - At 3:30, mobs just stop spawning, giving you half an hour to reasonably ascertain that the map is now devoid of mobs. Then you have to pipe back up/abandon run and restart. Also, go ahead and tell me a more effective way of hunting single-spawn bosses in their rare form than MPA spamming an area where said boss is known to spawn with eleven other people helping gain codes, collect items, and take down mobs. Name me a faster source of EXP, especially when coupled with proper client orders. MPA got me my first 100k.

For the reasons given, I disagree with removing MPA. This is a MULTIPLAYER game, and while removing MPA still leaves 4-man groups...Sometimes you encounter something you just aren't equipped to handle, y'know?

Also, if you were driven away from the game because MPAs, I'd have to question if you knew there's a button where you can switch your party password from "Party lock" to "Party and Multiparty lock" where nobody can join without the pass? Just tell your friends/team/whatever that "I use X pass when my rooms are locked", click the button, and don't worry about MPAs ever again.

Also good luck taking down Falz Arms/Elder without MPA help. It can be done, sure, but it's much faster with MPA support. Of course, you did say "only during equests" so I assume you know falz wouldn't really go down too easily without MPA?

EvilMag
Dec 26, 2012, 05:53 PM
Honestly if you want to get rid of MPAs then increase the number amount of people that can be in a party up to 6 just like PSU.

NoiseHERO
Dec 26, 2012, 06:02 PM
・特殊能力の種類を増やして

TY ARIGATOU n_n

Agitated_AT
Dec 26, 2012, 06:07 PM
・特殊能力の種類を増やして

Hey there kion. I don't know if you have done the survey already, but for those who haven't could you please translate this one thing.

Make the AI better, faster or more aggressive on hard and very hard. Thank you

Valkyrie Lovrina
Dec 26, 2012, 06:26 PM
as much as I want to do this, It'll probably give me a headache again trying to fill out the few things to request.

Kirine
Dec 26, 2012, 06:28 PM
Hey there kion. I don't know if you have done the survey already, but for those who haven't could you please translate this one thing.

Make the AI better, faster or more aggressive on hard and very hard. Thank you

My japanese is very basic, so forgive me for any mistake I make... but I'll try my best:

Japanese: 人工知能の積極的なは上がるがはほしいです。
Romaji: Jinkō chinō no sekigyokutekina wa agaruga wa hoshī desu.
Each Word: (A.I) (of) (Aggression) (improved) (want) (of me[desu])
English: I want improved AI Aggression.

Heat Haze
Dec 26, 2012, 06:47 PM
Short and simple. From top priority to least.

1. Hard and VH modes to actually reflect that. Instead of just having more HP and Attack Power; give mobs some flinch resistance and better AI.

2. Remove the concept of All Class Weapons. Instead, allow players to select up to two/three weapon types + Gunslash from their Main and Sub Classes to use. Sounds more fluid than relying on a select few weapons that are all rare; and more accessible to everyone.

3. Tradable 10*s. Not sure why they wouldn't do this. More incentive for premium.

4. Preview function for accessories in Player Shops.

5. Fix the posture on Female Character models. That spine. HNNG.

Agitated_AT
Dec 26, 2012, 08:07 PM

1. Hard and VH modes to actually reflect that. Instead of just having more HP and Attack Power; give mobs some flinch resistance and better AI.

Well said mister heat. Allthough I don't think they'll adress the 10* trade because the game is a f2p game with ingame purchases and currency.

Making them tradable would make everything obtainable to those who invest money. Making the game "pay to win". Allthough it would be good for making money, it would suck and be unfair and make a huge contrast between the rich and poor. Not only that, but there would be 0 encouragement to the rich to enjoy the game regularly.

Omega-z
Dec 26, 2012, 08:22 PM
my 2 cent's

I like MPA's, but It has problem's. the 12 man Spam is boring/zerg rushing the content of the game/help's in keeping the inflated market and is almost as bad as RMT'ing, Since the drop rate is insane. They need to do something to break up the 12 man pile up in those free area's, not EQ event one's. Like having only up to 4 people can increase your luck or drop rate and having more then 4 does nothing (Solo'ing can get the same odds by adding 3 NCP's) last's for 30 min's in each block, excluding the Boss block. Also have more then 4 people in the range of other's (exp range) greatly decrease's your atk (increases % decreases rate for every single person more then 4) so the mob's can be more challenging.

Adding a AC shop for clothes/parts/acc/item's...etc that are more then 2 month's old with fix'd reasonable prices that can be bought. This will help with inflated prices on older item's and help "Casual" player to buy what they want without the RNG problem or market. later they could add and Istra stone sphere for 99 Istra stone's that you can save up 10 of to gain 10 AC.

Adding "Add Slots" to the Affixing, since it's a pain to add a another slot to armor or weapon's past 3 IF you can get that far. It can be a Excube item for 30 excubes that grants a 100% success rate to the added slot.

Allow Trading of 10*+ item's through FUN Scratch but very low odd's of getting the ticket (good for 1 day pass)

Add free makeover + one free Gift form the AC Gold scratch (Premium only)

Add the function of a Utility Class (be a bronze symbol) that allow's the user to choose one weapon form another class with half the SP gained in it. This will help with those who want to pick or have more option's then just having more all class weapon's.

Having more TA's but more like PSO challenge mode or PSO event's that made you work as a team with different reward's for Solo and team play.

A Rappy World that has all the rappies and there friend's like chao...etc. That has minigame's ...etc and special CO's & mish's from different rappies that can net you cool gear.

Zyrusticae
Dec 26, 2012, 08:56 PM
OMG THIS

I can't believe I forgot this one. The posture in any of the battle stances is MUCH better than the normal "relaxed" stance. They've gotta fix that junk.

It's especially annoying because you see your character in that stance sooo often...

Btw I support the abolishment of all-class weapons.

Kirine
Dec 26, 2012, 09:14 PM
If there is anything small I want to contribute (since most of my gripe has already been mentioned in this thread) is for Grind Protection reduction items (whether it is -1 or full protect) to be applied to your item at all TIMES until you fail.

It is sort of annoying to apply the protection and succeed and you didn't even need it.

Would be nice to see it only be used if the outcome was a failure.

Reiketsu
Dec 26, 2012, 09:19 PM
I want them to do something about experience needed to level up...
Starting from Lv 41, the needed exp starts to jump quite steeply. Right now, I don't have much of a problem with it, since we're capped at Lv 50 for quite a while now and will still be stuck at 50 for a bit longer.
However, once they increase the level cap to 60, I really want them to lower the amount of experience required to get from 41 to 50.
The needed exp from 50 to 60 can then increase until it's like up to a million from 59 to 60 again.

I want it this way, because... when they increase the cap and I have to get 1 million + experience for every new level... I'm seriously outta here, lol
Unless they cap us at 60 for half a year or so...

I mean, I'd still like to create another character someday... or maybe even level another class... :/ But right now, I still have my hands full getting my sub class to Lv 50 as well...

So yeah, it'd be nice, if they'd lower the exp requirments for the 'old cap', but temporarily up the requirments for the 'new cap' until the level cap is increased again.
I hope you guys get what I mean, lol

Kion
Dec 26, 2012, 09:43 PM

1) I think that because 10* items are not tradable the value of meseta has significantly dropped because there's nothing it's used to buy with anymore.

2) Not really sure what you're getting at here. I think the risk of affixing is what keeps people away. Most of the better attributes like lucky rise, exp boost exp cannot be transferred which means modifications can not be made to the weapon. Also loosing attributes on a weapon make it pretty impossible to build up more or level up more attributes to the weapon. Having to use the same number of attributes to level up a weapon is also stupid.

3) 全クラスが装備できる武器のシステムは余計に可笑しい。ただ単にサブクラスの武器も装備できるようにすれば いい。

4)シンセサイザーをグラインダーに変えられるようにしてほしい。

5)ヅロップ率はまじできつ過ぎる。

Kion
Dec 26, 2012, 09:45 PM
omg
[spoiler-box]
more ta quests
actual set quests
release those advance quests
SOLO stuff (that actually gives you something -- multiplayer should STILL be better but yeah)
remove MPA grinding (lol)
INCENTIVE to actually try and do well (because who tries in the TA quests these days hmmm? should get something like GRINDER rewards if you sub-5 nab or something)

basically stuff so that "hardcore" players aren't bored because we can only level up 10 times every 5 months (woo!) and there's hardly anything to do with our powerful rarz (I mean the TA quests are nice (EXCEPT AMDUSCIA FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK rage too much look gwanahda ftw \o/ \o/ \o/), but there's not much reason outside of that).

where is mai ruinz ta gaiiz?? also make amd ta less annoying pl0x. gwanahda essentially.

but im not casual enough to be taken seriously because dress-up onry kazualz ftw man sega where is my actual GAMEPLAY i am sick of this game being about costumes only. sure they rake in cash (because they are so easy to milk man) but you'd get MORE if you made this game more exciting to play.

also plz fix em only rares that is SO annoying i actually want to hunt for what I want instead of hoping for it to pop up >_>

im tired and kind of high if you didnt notice

B> translater (yes I am can spell incase you didnt notice this is all quite intentional)

just needs more content that lasts for more than a week, not increase in drop rate on rares or whatever. i get bored and start idling onry after a week because man what is there to do on this game.

except ta

that is always fun

if you actually try. man server needs to go up already so I finish solo ta'ing lilipa. 12:44 not too good atm.

ps: yeah rng is annoying but I don't think it's the MAIN problem with this game although I wish they'd do something about the game being 100% reliant on the stupid thing.[/spoiler-box]

Is this post even in english?

Z-0
Dec 26, 2012, 09:47 PM
That was a bit silly because it was late at night and I was kind of jotting my ideas down randomly.

Try my other post:

I have a bit of a translation request, which would be greatly appreciated. I want to fill out the entire survey than just random bits, so I have answers to each field I can comment on. If anybody could translate these, it would be great, thank you.

[spoiler-box]Q15

Quest Content: I feel there is a lack of quests. They all feel the same, and I would like to see quests expanded on to be made more interesting and have a reason to play. I would most like to see quests with set spawns and maps, which would make hunting a little more successful and perhaps enjoyable. I would also like to see more Time Attack Quests, because those are very enjoyable. They do not need to add more meseta to the Time Attack Client Orders, just be there to play.

Enemy AI: As of current, I feel the Enemy AI is a little too easy. Most of the time the enemies seem to circle the player, and it's not very challenging, especially if you're a ranged or technic class. I would like to see the AI be a little more difficult to add some challenge to the game.

Game Balance: Overall, I think the balance in game is very good, except for the Techer class. For a "battlemage" they're not very strong or practical. In my opinion, it would be a good idea to add a certain branch of weapons just for Techers, like swords for techers, partisans for techers, etc. This would make the Techer class more appealing to certain players.

My Shop: As of now, it's a little annoying searching for more than one affix on an item. I believe it would be a good idea to be able to search for multiple affixes at once. This would also reduce load on My Shop searches as there would be less searches overall.

Story Progression: I personally feel that the Matter Board is a little boring. There seems to be a little point to killing an enemy and getting a specific item. I would like to progress through the story similarly to Phantasy Star Portable 2. This would possibly make Story more appealing to certain players.

Interrupt Rankings and Emergency Quests: As of current, Interrupt Rankings occur far too infrequently. There are many players who like to play Interrupt Rankings (specifically Time Attack), but they rarely show up, or show up when the players are not online due to a lack of them. However, most players avoid Interrupt Rankings because there's no decent reward. In my opinion, an incentive should be added to Rankings outside of FUN. For examples, some rewards could be grinders (99 for 1st, 50 for 2nd-5th, 30 for 6th-10th), or Excubes for first, or something along those lines. I also feel that rares SHOULD NOT be made Emergency Quest only. The Dark Falz Quest has made many players unmotivated to play outside of Dark Falz hours, as the rares they want are from Dark Falz only. I feel that rares should always be obtainable outside of Emergency Quests, but easier to obtain in Emergency Quests.

Client Order: I would like to see some specific repeatables, such as the Time Attack Client Orders, to be shifted to a 20 hour cooldown like Team Orders, instead of 24 hours. 24 hours makes it not possible to do the Client Order everyday, even if you want to.

Item Collection: I feel that the drop rates are far too low as they are based on 12-man MPA grinding with cross bursts. Unless you MPA for many hours a day, it's extremely difficult to find a rare you wish to come by. I would like to see a method to be able to efficiently hunt rares without 12-man MPA grinding. As of current, many people are turned off because they cannot find the item they want, especially since 10*+ items are untradeable.

Grinding and Affixing: I feel the success rates for 10*+ items should be loosened slightly. They are currently fine as is, but items like grinder protectors and success increases are getting expensive, thus meaning it is difficult to grind items if you do not have a lot of meseta. The affixing system is fine as is.

Skill Tree: The last skill tree update messed up some tree plans that some people had, and caused some players problems.

Aesthetics: I would like to see aesthetics have less focus than current. Currently, it seems that aesthetics are the main focus of PSO2, and this turns off a lot of players who enjoy it for the gameplay. Content itself is coming by too slowly for "hardcore players", who are getting bored with the game quickly.

Premium Set: Currently, the Premium Set is not appealing since you can buy shop on its own. In my opinion, premium should give you some extra free things, even if the price has to be increased. For example: Free makeovers in the Salon, an extra skill tree for each class (or 3 in classes of your choice), or an extra mag. This would have many more people buying the Premium Set.

EXCube System: As of current, I feel that EXCubes do not have many appealing items. 30 grinders is too little overall, and should be increased to 50. In my opinion, it would be nice to see certain affixing items that are hard to obtain in the EXCube shop premade, to perhaps encourage these to be used (4 / 5 slot Power III, Technique III, etc, or some Power V / Technique V units).

Q30

Overall, PSO2 is a very fun game with a great combat system and is very intensive under certain conditions, such as boss battles or the Time Attack Quests. The Time Attack Quests show how great the PSO2 battle engine can be used, and map creation as well. If more of this was to be extended into more of the game, I feel PSO2 would be a very good game.

Q31

In PSO2, a lot of the game is playing the same map for hours to hunt items. It is extremely unfun because you are running in circles, but there's not much else to do if you want to find items. Quests such as Time Attack are very enjoyable, but it is very difficult to find players to do them as the Time Attack Client Orders are the only reason people play them, and they can only be done once a day. If there was an incentive to play a little differently than mindless MPA, I believe the game would be a lot more enjoyable, and there would be a lot less complaints overall.

The random number generator can also be very unforgiving, and drives players' motivation to the ground. I feel that less things should rely on this, so players can enjoy themselves and earn something without having to hope to be lucky.[/spoiler-box]

The problem with it is that I'm not even sure that you can write so much... ._.

Kion
Dec 26, 2012, 09:51 PM
Important Please Read!

As Ezodargom pointed out:

The survey is translated here:
http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-players-survey-2/
Thank you Ricardo!

1) I'm going to just go through the thread to help people get Q30 and Q31 in for opinions for how the game should be changed. We're part of the community too and should have a say it how it goes.

2) To translate I may need to clarify something or expand on your position. Input is good, but not all suggestions have the intended consequences. 10* weapons not being tradable was a suggestion implemented by the team and we see how that turned out.

3) For questions 16-21 are all "where do you get your information from about pso2?" I recommend saying other and writing in pso-world.com in all of them.

4) Also i know people have a lot of complaints about the game but make to to write in Q30 too! The team wants to know what you like about the game! Even saying you can't speak japanese but are doing your best to play on the server gives them a better impression of foreign players!

5) Please fill out the form! We're doing it for you guys, so put Richardo's translations and mine to good use! https://ssl.pso2.jp/players/enquete/

Kion
Dec 26, 2012, 10:00 PM
If I knew japanese, these would have been my suggestions:

- Make enemies more aggressive/smarter depending on the number of players in the current coordinate position in an MPA.

- Either add new attacks for enemies or make their existing attacks more effective every few difficulty modes (like, every 2 difficulty modes or so).
*Note: I would say to make enemies more aggressive in each difficulty mode, but I haven't played very hard mode enough (only played a little bit of forest, caves and desert) to know if there's any change in enemy behaviour between difficulties.

- Make grinding success rates of weapons the same as units (units are easier to grind than weapons currently).

- Either make affix transfering more bearable, or add a feature to protect a number of affixes the item already has.

- Since the pyroxene shop needs to be expanded for it to be a viable alternative to the RNG for getting equipment, and since there's not much incentive to S rank quests, I think that adding pyroxenes as rewards for S ranking quests would be nice. The number of pyroxenes rewarded could depend on the length and difficulty of the quest, and the type of pyroxene could either depend on the area of the quest, or on the quest itself.

This is all I can think of now. ^^;

1. I was thinking would increasing the spawn rates be better? In solo it feels like you run into 2-3 enemies at a time, in 12 member MPA's enemies spawn 10-12 at a time and generally die before they even finish rendering.

2. 敵の攻撃種類を難しさによって増やして欲しい。ノーマルとベリーハードの敵の攻撃パターンが全然変わ らないので、チャレンジには感じない。

3.武器の強化確率をユニットの確立に変えて欲しい。

4.特殊能力のシステムを改善して欲しい。確率を上げるか、失敗すると能力がなくならないように変えて欲し い。

5. I actually don't get to do stuff in game much. pyroxene shop?

Kion
Dec 26, 2012, 10:01 PM
Boss Rush modo.

ボスラッシュモードを追加して!

EvilMag
Dec 26, 2012, 10:04 PM
Option for PC players to change to the Vita version's interface if you haven't translated that yet.

Kion
Dec 26, 2012, 10:06 PM
Since most people will make most of my wants in their post I'll post my less popular ones.

-A better ratio of men to women clothing. FFS Guys this scratch is a disgrace. Why not just Neuter all the men and just give us pec emphasizing outfits.

-More cameo weapons from PSU. (GIVE ME SWEET DEATH AND OKAROD!>:O)

-Zero and the rest of PSO outfits. I particularly want Zero fomar.

Of course I like to see more weapon classes then more classes themselves.

1.男性のコスチュームを増やして!女性と比べると全然種類が足りない!
2.PSUからの武器ももっと入れて欲しい。
3.ファンタシースターゼロとファンタシースターオンラインの服装もちょうだい!
4.長い髪のスタイルも増やして。

Kion
Dec 26, 2012, 10:28 PM

2. Remove the concept of All Class Weapons. Instead, allow players to select up to two/three weapon types + Gunslash from their Main and Sub Classes to use. Sounds more fluid than relying on a select few weapons that are all rare; and more accessible to everyone.

3. Tradable 10*s. Not sure why they wouldn't do this. More incentive for premium.

4. Preview function for accessories in Player Shops.

1.ハードとベリーハードはそれなりに工夫して欲しい。敵のHPと攻撃力を上げるだけで特に難しくは感じな い。攻撃パターン、攻撃種類、AIなどでチャレンジを上げて欲しい。

2.全クラスが装備できる武器の概念もなくして欲しい。それよりはサブクラスの武器から装備できるようにし てほしいな。

3.10☆の武器とかはせめて他のプレイヤーと一緒に交換できるようにして欲しい。今プレミアムを買う理由 が全くなくて、買わせるつもりでやってもいいと思います。ショップから買うよりもは友達と手伝いあったりと かしたい気持ちもあるから!

4.プライヤーショップからアクセサリーのプレビューもできるようにしてほしい。

5.女性の姿勢を直して!人間の背骨はその風に曲がるはずがない!\(゚д゚")ナ

Heat Haze
Dec 26, 2012, 10:31 PM
The translation is very much appreciated. Thanks Kion!

Kion
Dec 26, 2012, 10:34 PM
Option for PC players to change to the Vita version's interface if you haven't translated that yet.

The ps vita version isn't even out yet how do you even- *watches vita youtube video*.... ins't it exactly the same? If you mean adjusting the font size to accommodate for larger screens you can already adjust that.

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z88/kion_01/interface.png

Kion
Dec 26, 2012, 10:37 PM
That was a bit silly because it was late at night and I was kind of jotting my ideas down randomly.
Try my other post: (other post)

The problem with it is that I'm not even sure that you can write so much... ._.

I'm reaching the limit of how much I can slack off at work this morning. I think I can cut that down into more concise bits, I can translate that on the train going home tonight, so please wait a day.

I think I got most of the posts from 1-25. Please send in the form guys! There's still until 1/15 so let's give them more input!

Laxedrane
Dec 26, 2012, 11:07 PM
I'm reaching the limit of how much I can slack off at work this morning. I think I can cut that down into more concise bits, I can translate that on the train going home tonight, so please wait a day.

I think I got most of the posts from 1-25. Please send in the form guys! There's still until 1/15 so let's give them more input!

I really appreciate you translating what I wrote and definitely will do this survey tomorrow or the next day.

Agitated_AT
Dec 26, 2012, 11:09 PM
I really appreciate you translating what I wrote and definitely will do this survey tomorrow or the next day.

I regret doing the survey now after all the translations. But i'll sure do it again with my lil bro's account.(he doesnt use it anyway so)

Ezodagrom
Dec 26, 2012, 11:13 PM
1. I was thinking would increasing the spawn rates be better? In solo it feels like you run into 2-3 enemies at a time, in 12 member MPA's enemies spawn 10-12 at a time and generally die before they even finish rendering.
Hmm, maybe that could work.
I also thought of maybe having enemies spawn with more HP depending on the number of players in the position, but I don't know if that would work well, for example, if a big group of players ignored the enemies while a few stayed behind, those who stayed behind would have to deal with enemies more durable than normal. :\

5. I actually don't get to do stuff in game much. pyroxene shop?
The pyroxene shop is where the Iritista Rainbow Spellstone that drop from Dark Falz Elder can be traded for 10 star weapons (a sword, double saber, rifle, launcher or a talis), they're weaker than the other 10 star weapons, and they can be used by all classes.

My suggestion is for this feature to be expanded to have more weapons and weapon types, maybe even units too, and for different kinds of spellstones to be awarded by getting S rank in quests, with the amount of spellstones depending on the length and difficulty of the quest, and the type of spellstone depending on the quest. ^^;

Also, thank you for translating my other suggestions. ^^

lostinseganet
Dec 27, 2012, 04:37 AM
For every one I would like to see mag be able to combine and evolve ala digimon. Like partner machines in psu but they dont need to all be people...animals and such

I also wish mags could talk like siri the apple iphone ai. that would be cool

for forces
more abilities for cards like in yugioh. Summons, traps, counter unblockable attacks, support cards
I would like counter abilities for those forces who dare to go melee. still have low defense.
Larger spells could be spoken or drawn on magic scrolls in battle.

Cloths for girls that did not show the "....cracks" of their bodies. so they could be taken seriously
henshin! ability to transform into a powerful form that specializes in an element.
henshin without getting nakked!! comon no need for that. body light silhouette will do fine.

rangers
I wish rangers could play even more like gunvalkyrie google it and see a rangers future in it

Rien
Dec 27, 2012, 06:58 AM
What I asked for:

>more long haired hairstyles
>An "increase movement speed" skill for hunters/fighters placed after just reversal
>Buff Hunters (I'm serious, I can use a melee-oriented mag, put on the strongest rod I have and out DPS myself as a Hunter when my Hunter was the same level. What is this I don't even-)
>More weapon categories
>Decrease Excube cost of PB change device
>Make 10*s tradable
>Stop Poopoo bullying
>More Room Goods.
>Collaboration with Bayonetta for items.
>Phantasy Star Zero's gunslash attack animation.

What I forgot to ask for but wanted to:

>Removal of charge time in it's entirety for the Photon Art Ride Slasher.
>Partisan buffs, because Speed Rain, while it does work well for many things, is still outdone by Slide End and other PAs post-level-11.
>More t-attack and s-attack gunslashes

I would appreciate if anyone helped me to input the above two points if their survey isn't done/knows anyone who hasn't done their survey

Kion
Dec 27, 2012, 08:02 AM
Kilich
-下着の選択をふやして
-マイルームとチームルームでできるミニゲームが欲しい
-車などの運転できるようなものが欲しい

Sister Princess
GameguardからHacksheildに切り替えること

Mizunos
-特殊能力システムを取り消して、アイテムにあたって決まった特殊能力を設定するようにしてほし い。
-クエストとフリーフィールドのマルチパーティをなくして、緊急ミッションのみマルチにする。普通のミッショ ンで人数が多いと簡単すぎてむしろ退屈だから。
-ドロップ率を上げて、今はいくらなんでも珍しすぎ
-タイムアタックミッションを増やして
-アークスクエストを決まったマップにして
-アルファのロビーの方がよかった。

@Mizunos:
Not sure I agree with you about the affixing, I think they wanted to make it so you can choose to some degree on what effect your weapon has. How they go about doing it really sucks, but getting rid of the idea all together seems kind of extreme.

Really like the combination of the arks missions being non-MPA and being a set path. Seems like they could refine the experience. The thing I liked about PSO was that the landscape lended to the story, the huge hole in the ruins and the center dome in the forest, ect. I really feel like that's missing from pso2 as it's just repeating bland scenery.

For free quests, i think getting rid of MPA's is a bit extreme. The spawn rate is terrible and that seems like the only way to get enough exp to ever level. I think it would be better to raise the boss spawn in b2 or raise the spawns in general, raise attack, or do something else to raise the difficulty in free missions.

MetalDude

I have no idea what you mean by double tab. Isn't 'V' autorun and double tap roll?

Z-0
Quest: クエストは決まったマップで、もっとプレイできる経験にしぼって欲しい。タイムアタックも得にメセタの報酬 がなくても楽しみとしてやるプレイヤーが多いです。
AI: 今のところだとどんな敵でも同じ攻撃パターンをやってるので特にチャレンジは感じない。もっとパターンを増 やして欲しいです。
Game Blance: Have you played on b36? Mages run around raping everything with 3k AOE attacks. You sure that isn't a build/equip issue?
Player Shop: 特殊能力は一個つつでしか検索できないのを改善して欲しい。
Story: マターボードでアイテムを見つけることでストーリが進むのはまじで退屈。ストーリの進行はPSP2風にした らいい
Interupt Ranking: インタラプトランキングの報酬はもの足りない。グライダーとかEXキューブとか、もっと欲しそうなもに変え たら
Client Order: タイムアタッククラインとオーダーは20時間間隔でできるようにしてほしい
Item: 今はドロップ率が低すぎ!永遠に探しても落ちなくて交換することもできないので多くのプレイヤーはそれでや る気をなくしてる
Grind: グラインドの確立は低すぎて、保障アイテムの金額はその証だと思います
Aesthetics: not sure i follow what you want to say here.
Premium: ショップは別に安く買えるからプレミアムを買おうと思いません。メークオーバーなどを自由にできるようにし たら買おうと思います。

Q30: PSO2はアクションRPGとして最高です。ボスとか、タイムアタックのゲームプレイはやばいくらい楽しい です。タイムアタックは特にマップデザインが優れてゲームで一番好きなクエスト。
タイムアタックのスタイルをゲームのほかのところにも活かして欲しいです。

Q31: PSO2は大体皆がレアアイテムを探していてマルチエリアで永遠に回ってるので、結構退屈になってくる。タ イムアタックとか最高に楽しいのに皆がフリーエリアに引きこもってるので
タイムアタックのパーティはすごいみつかりにくいです。プレイヤーがもっとマルチパーティエリアから離れる ように対策をうって欲しいです。

それとランダム・ナンバー・ジェネレイターはきついです。グラインドとか特殊能力が失敗することでやる気を いっきになくします。ゲームがそれほどランダムなチャンスに頼らないようにしてほしいです。

Reiketsu

Really? I think it might have been Falz + Xie but I really didn't have any problem with leveling from 40-45 at all. It shot up pretty quickly, it's 46-50 that even doing a falz runs that my exp seems to stop moving at all that I got worried. But that's just for a couple of levels. Once they reaise the cap to 60 there should be more high level missions to span that gap. Also if you focus on leveling it's boring, but if you look for rare drops, or do CO's and don't really think about leveling, I think you may find that your exp is raising faster than you may think.

For exp my main problem is with the spawn rates. It seems like you really have to find a full MPA to progress at leveling in a timely manner. The spawn rates for solo are abysmal and you really have to look around and claw your way into a party and hang around for a while. Maybe increasing the exp reward for time attack, or arks quest? Or increasing the spawn on solo missions or something seem like they could be better more creative approaches to the problem as opposed to simply reducing the requirement.

Kion
Dec 27, 2012, 08:18 AM
Hmm, maybe that could work.
I also thought of maybe having enemies spawn with more HP depending on the number of players in the position, but I don't know if that would work well, for example, if a big group of players ignored the enemies while a few stayed behind, those who stayed behind would have to deal with enemies more durable than normal. :\

So do you want to re-phrase your testimony?

My suggestion is for this feature to be expanded to have more weapons and weapon types, maybe even units too, and for different kinds of spellstones to be awarded by getting S rank in quests, with the amount of spellstones depending on the length and difficulty of the quest, and the type of spellstone depending on the quest. ^^;

輝石交換ショップの発想が好きで、これから石のタイプを増やして、タイムアタックとか独特なミッションクリ ア条件でもっとアイテム取得できたら嬉しいです。

Meji
Dec 27, 2012, 08:24 AM
When they were asking for earlier SEGA games they could pick up items/equipment/etc from, I couldn't help but to burst out:
Skies of Arcadia
Project Diva
Valkyria Chronicles
Bayonetta

Kirine
Dec 27, 2012, 08:48 AM
Is this right Kion?

Japanese: グラインダーの失敗のペナルティを減らしてください。
Romaji: Guraindā no shippai no penaruti o herashite kudasai.
English: Reduction of penalty when grinding.

As an example: instead of losing -3 levels from +5 -> +6 on 10☆ weapon, it would be better if they reduce the penalty on the spectrum so that +5 - > +6 is only -2 levels. I find it ridiculous to lose -3 levels on a mid grind area. That is where most of the grinding misery comes when you have to make up so much for a single lost.

My japanese is pretty much self taught so I am a bit nervous about submitting this.

Reiketsu
Dec 27, 2012, 09:03 AM
Really? I think it might have been Falz + Xie but I really didn't have any problem with leveling from 40-45 at all. It shot up pretty quickly, it's 46-50 that even doing a falz runs that my exp seems to stop moving at all that I got worried. But that's just for a couple of levels. Once they reaise the cap to 60 there should be more high level missions to span that gap. Also if you focus on leveling it's boring, but if you look for rare drops, or do CO's and don't really think about leveling, I think you may find that your exp is raising faster than you may think.

For exp my main problem is with the spawn rates. It seems like you really have to find a full MPA to progress at leveling in a timely manner. The spawn rates for solo are abysmal and you really have to look around and claw your way into a party and hang around for a while. Maybe increasing the exp reward for time attack, or arks quest? Or increasing the spawn on solo missions or something seem like they could be better more creative approaches to the problem as opposed to simply reducing the requirement.

Well, 41 to 45 was kinda okay, but really just because of the Christmas COs and Falz Hands. Now leveling starts to take forever again and it's highly demotivating. A really good way of gaining a lot of exp right now pretty fast is the Falz Emergency. But I can only do that so many times. It's already become so incredibly dull and boring, I can't see it anymore...

When I tried to get to lv 50 with my main class, it took me like two weeks and that only because I played more than I should have...
Of course, I'm focusing on doing COs to help lever faster, but with over a million of exp, it still takes a loooong while...

As I said, right now it's no problem, since there's no rush to get to 50 to unlock new areas and shit, but if from now on every single level will take me half a month to get... well, that'd be exactly the same reason that got me to quit every other online RPG I tried before (in most cases it already started to take over a week to get to the next level when you were just around lv 20, so PSO2 is still better in that regard, but still...)
And once again, I only have one character! I'd like to create another one or something, but with the way it is right now, I simply can't because I don't have that much time on my hands... And, I already have to level two times, if I want to keep main and sub class at the same level (Basically, this already means 2 million exp per level or an entire month to get main and sub class one level higher...)

Well, I guess I agree with your suggestions, and sure, if they add new fields that give more exp and stuff, that'd be nice as well.
But it really has to be NEW stuff. If they simply add another difficulty and expect me to do all current areas for a forth time to level up and once again with only marginal changes in difficulty and none in enemy behavior at all...
That'll not be tolerable.

(And on a sidenote, no, I'm not going to rare hunt, because I know from a lot of other people that it'll make me even more mad at this game. And well, in these kinds of games, I need a feeling of constant progress to keep me playing, and gaining a new level every couple of days helps ensure that. If it's every other week though, it just feels like an enormous waste of time...)

When they were asking for earlier SEGA games they could pick up items/equipment/etc from, I couldn't help but to burst out:
Skies of Arcadia
Project Diva
Valkyria Chronicles
Bayonetta

Shenmue
Shinobi
Ryu ga Gotoku (Yakuza)

Meji
Dec 27, 2012, 09:38 AM
Shenmue
Shinobi
Ryu ga Gotoku (Yakuza)
Good choices~ Shenmue. <3

Reiketsu
Dec 27, 2012, 09:44 AM
Something else, I just thought of... I'd be nice if main and sub class get experience at the same time! However, the sub class only receives like 1/2 or even 1/4 of the exp.
For example, if you kill an enemy and get 100 exp, that would mean your main class gets 100 exp and your sub class 50 or only 25 exp. How about that?

Ezodagrom
Dec 27, 2012, 10:07 AM
Yes, I want to change to:
Make enemies more durable depending in the amount of players that are together in multiparties.

Also, could you translate these for Q15? ^^;

キャラクター操作方法 (Character Operation) - Add an option to disable double tapping WASD for dodging. Also improve the timing required for dodge to activate when double tapping WASD, right now the time window is too big, making it possible to dodge by mistake too much.

クエスト内容 (Quest Contents) - Have more varied interactive content in the existing areas, especially in the free fields. By interactive content I mean like the river in the forest that pushes players back to land in bad weather, or the mines conveyor belt.

エネミーの挙動 (Enemy AI) - Make enemies attack more frequently and make them do their idle animations less frequently in higher difficulty mode.

キャラクターやフィールド、エネミーのグラフィック (Character/Field/Enemy Graphics) - Add an option to increase the view distance. Add more varied artistic elements to existing fields (like the waterfall room in PSO1 Ruins 1). Change the field and enemy appearance in the next difficulty mode or the difficulty mode that comes after the next (like PSO1 Episode 1 Ultimate mode, for example, Forest 1 time of the day was during sunset instead of afternoon).

モーション全般 (Animation) - (Don't know if this is the best place for this) Add an option to the Beauty Salon to change the characters standing pose, and add new standing poses through FUN Scratch and AC Scratch.

BGM - Replace the pinch drums track with more fitting tracks for each field.

クライアントオーダー (Client Order) - Add more varied client orders.

フレンドパートナー (Friend Partner) - Allow for a player with multiple characters to register all characters.

エステ (Aesthetics) - (Don't know if this is the best place for this) Add cut-ins similar to /ci7 (character with mouth closed) for each expression.

チーム機能 (Team Functions) - Add more customization options for Team Rooms.

ACショップ全般 (AC Shop) - Sell AC scratch items that were available in the past separately (like older clothes, hairstyles, lobby actions).

FUNスクラッチ(FUN Scratch) - Introduce a FUN Shop to buy old FUN Scratch items separately using FUN points.Also, if you have time, I would like to add this for Q30.

I really enjoy the combat, I like the overall art style and music, I like being able to randomly meet other players with the multiparty system, and I like the boss fights in PSO2.For Q31, I would like to add this too.

In the future, I would like for more interactive and unique boss fights to be added as well, like the Vol Opt and De Rol Le fights in PSO1 Episode 1.Kion, thank you again for translating this for us. ^^

Limbo_lag
Dec 27, 2012, 10:16 AM
Thanks a lot for doing this Kion.

My suggestions (not sure how they usually word it, so I'm assuming its a good idea to be polite here, I'll leave it to your discretion, Kion):

- Please make grinding easier. 10* weapons are incredibly difficult and frustrating to grind without using boosters/protectors, which are also very expensive for that reason.
- Please make affixing cost less, and have a better success rate. At the moment even 80% chance fails too often.
- Please allow 10* weapons to be tradable.
- Please build upon the use of synthesizers, perhaps allow for 50 synthesizers to increase an element by 1% or something like that.
- Please include tickets which allow for trading items for a set time, e.g 3 days, obtainable through FUN.
- Please increase the drop rates of rare items, especially 10* weapons which drop from non-rare enemies.
- Please remove low level rares from higher leveled enemies (e.g. a VH Elder Falz should really not be dropping an Adaman wand)
- Please allow theme changes for the team room.
- Please implement a larger variety of weapons, e.g. Twin sabers.

As for what I enjoy about the game, I think it is important as well, to let them know what they are doing right, in case they ever decide to change things:

- Gunner class is fun :)
- I enjoy fighting large bosses with a large MPA, Elder Falz and Vader are good examples of this.
- Trading for 10* all class weapons was an excellent idea.
- I love the detail in the environment, especially in the ruins area.
- Removing synthesizers and adding 5x grinders makes FUN scratches a lot more enjoyable.

Kion
Dec 27, 2012, 11:00 AM
[spoiler-box]
Well, 41 to 45 was kinda okay, but really just because of the Christmas COs and Falz Hands. Now leveling starts to take forever again and it's highly demotivating. A really good way of gaining a lot of exp right now pretty fast is the Falz Emergency. But I can only do that so many times. It's already become so incredibly dull and boring, I can't see it anymore...

When I tried to get to lv 50 with my main class, it took me like two weeks and that only because I played more than I should have...
Of course, I'm focusing on doing COs to help lever faster, but with over a million of exp, it still takes a loooong while...

As I said, right now it's no problem, since there's no rush to get to 50 to unlock new areas and shit, but if from now on every single level will take me half a month to get... well, that'd be exactly the same reason that got me to quit every other online RPG I tried before (in most cases it already started to take over a week to get to the next level when you were just around lv 20, so PSO2 is still better in that regard, but still...)
And once again, I only have one character! I'd like to create another one or something, but with the way it is right now, I simply can't because I don't have that much time on my hands... And, I already have to level two times, if I want to keep main and sub class at the same level (Basically, this already means 2 million exp per level or an entire month to get main and sub class one level higher...)

Well, I guess I agree with your suggestions, and sure, if they add new fields that give more exp and stuff, that'd be nice as well.
But it really has to be NEW stuff. If they simply add another difficulty and expect me to do all current areas for a forth time to level up and once again with only marginal changes in difficulty and none in enemy behavior at all...
That'll not be tolerable.

(And on a sidenote, no, I'm not going to rare hunt, because I know from a lot of other people that it'll make me even more mad at this game. And well, in these kinds of games, I need a feeling of constant progress to keep me playing, and gaining a new level every couple of days helps ensure that. If it's every other week though, it just feels like an enormous waste of time...)
[/spoiler-box]

I just got level 47 yesterday and logged off. Got the city mission right when I logged in, used my exp+100% and got a freaking epic 6 minute long cross burst. 75% of the way from 47-48 in one six minute period. Epic just freaking epic. My party leader didn't realize the time and didn't restart the mission before the half hour mark hit. Right as we were leaving another crystal protection popped up and raged. Another epic burst like that and I would have easily hit 48. But 47-48 in a (hypothetical) 20 period? oh god yus!

Right now I have 290 hours logged in total in game and currently am at 47 Gunner / 46 Ranger. Also leveled some other classes too. So there definitely are ways to maximize exp output in a short amount of time. I know what you mean with the sub-classes though, it's a lot of added time to leveling. 25% exp for subclass with be a nice bonus.

And yeah, rare hunting really sucks right now. It's not only that what you want to find won't drop. but also when really cool stuff does drop and you can't equip or trade it seems like a huge detriment. I found something really cool that I someone else wants and should be able to trade for what I want, but I can't so do i trade this for 30 grinders to an NPC? Is sega trolling me?

Lostbob117
Dec 27, 2012, 11:05 AM
The first time it was called grinding there was no RNG factor.

Try again please.

Yet, I saw no one complain about psu's grinding. pso2 doesn't have a penalty for failure on a grind.

Also I was making a little joke about it.

NoiseHERO
Dec 27, 2012, 11:18 AM
Yet, I saw no one complain about psu's grinding. pso2 doesn't have a penalty for failure on a grind.

Also I was making a little joke about it.

yes they did, they just made it a trillion times better in PSP2 and then even better in PSP2i, then downgraded it here in PSO2...

Also your jokes aren't as good as mine so no you can't get away with saying stupid stuff. : D

Akaimizu
Dec 27, 2012, 11:39 AM
MPAs I mainly find useful whenever one of those Emergency Defends pop up. I will admit, I suck at those. If there's one thing I need help with is Emergency Defend.

Jakosifer
Dec 27, 2012, 11:50 AM
I cant think of anyone who had no problem with PSU's grinding system. If you didnt you're a fucking moron, and I'm usually not that insulting, but there is no other way to slice it.

And as said, they started with a great grinding system, went to an absolutely dreadful one, then went and improved it to the point where grinding was pretty stress free, and now its back to being the type of shit that makes people call this PSU2. Honestly? I would rather have the fail chance bullshit removed altogether, but have higher end weapons simply have much higher grind caps to get the full effect from them.

Akaimizu
Dec 27, 2012, 11:57 AM
I'm pretty sure the "no complaint on PSU grinding" thing was more of a joke since this site went quite up in arms about that. It's like an opposite sketch. Heck, I'm working on doing a little comic about my PSU/PSP2 characters and you can be sure PSU grinding is already addressed in a short or two.

As for me, I'm more interested in what others have to say about this. I don't really have a high enough level character to really have a proper complaint about it. I'm still in the "This is pretty cool" phase. Of course, most of my issues comes from me not willing to go spend real money for stuff in this game due to having to set up the payments for japanese transfers, so I'll appear quite vanilla to everybody else.

Lostbob117
Dec 27, 2012, 01:24 PM
yes they did, they just made it a trillion times better in PSP2 and then even better in PSP2i, then downgraded it here in PSO2...

Also your jokes aren't as good as mine so no you can't get away with saying stupid stuff. : D

How is it worse? There is no penalty for failing.

Ezodagrom
Dec 27, 2012, 01:32 PM
How is it worse? There is no penalty for failing.
A weapon going from, for example, +7 to +4, isn't that a penalty? It's not as bad as PSU penalties, but it's still a penalty.
Also, Rock said that PSO2 grinding system is worse than PSPo2 and PSPo2i, which is true.

Zyrusticae
Dec 27, 2012, 01:51 PM
Well, PSU did have your maximum permanently going down on a failure, though the actual failure rate was still FAR lower than it is in PSO2.

With drop rates as they are now, a permanent penalty to maximum grind would be excruciatingly painful...

Lostbob117
Dec 27, 2012, 02:18 PM
A weapon going from, for example, +7 to +4, isn't that a penalty? It's not as bad as PSU penalties, but it's still a penalty.
Also, Rock said that PSO2 grinding system is worse than PSPo2 and PSPo2i, which is true.

Barely a penalty, you don't need even a good weapon unless you decide to solo. Which most people just go in a party/mpa.

Z-0
Dec 27, 2012, 02:20 PM
I need my good weapons to TA, man...

People seem to forget TA'ing actually exists. And I don't mean just running through them for the meseta.

Lostbob117
Dec 27, 2012, 02:21 PM
I need my good weapons to TA, man...

People seem to forget TA'ing actually exists. And I don't mean just running through them for the meseta.

Oh yeah forgot to mention if you're going to solo or TA. Also if there's something they should do is make element worth the time and meseta to get.

Akaimizu
Dec 27, 2012, 02:33 PM
Barely a penalty, you don't need even a good weapon unless you decide to solo. Which most people just go in a party/mpa.

Well, that's one good thing. That wasn't always the case for PSU, and was a bit of a problem as gaining certain weapons and grinds, for some, often affected who you'd party with.

Ezodagrom
Dec 27, 2012, 02:38 PM
The same could be said about PSU, not needing good weapons unless you decide to solo (and even when soloing not sure if a good weapon was needed). Even if grinding is not really necessary, losing grind rank by failing a grind is still a penalty.

NoiseHERO
Dec 27, 2012, 02:39 PM

Yeah being infinitely trapped in a money sink until you've spent 10 mil and being able to go from +9 to +1 is BARELY a penalty.

Lostbob117
Dec 27, 2012, 02:43 PM
The same could be said about PSU, not needing good weapons unless you decide to solo (and even when soloing not sure if a good weapon was needed). Even if grinding is not really necessary, losing grind rank by failing a grind is still a penalty.

I know it's a penalty but, it's barely a penalty. And speaking of psu all was need was a high % on the weapon to do good damage.

Lostbob117
Dec 27, 2012, 02:44 PM
Yeah being infinitely trapped in a money sink until you've spent 10 mil and being able to go from +9 to +1 is BARELY a penalty.

Yeah it's barely a penalty, Adding abilities has a better penalty.

Jakosifer
Dec 27, 2012, 02:51 PM
I wouldn't call going from 600+ S.Atk to 334 after the RNG pipes you "barely a penalty". For those who don't just leech or play terribly to not awesome, that's a major kick in the cubes.

NoiseHERO
Dec 27, 2012, 03:03 PM
Yeah it's barely a penalty, Adding abilities has a better penalty.

Yeah spending 10 mil to send your weapon back to +1 is BAAARREEELLLYYYY A PENTALTY and not gamebreaking at all.

/adding more obvious sarcasm

edit: fuuuuckit /cuts out the rest of this post

Heat Haze
Dec 27, 2012, 03:45 PM
Already did the survey, thanks again for the translations Kion!

Also, I should have put another suggestion but it didn't occur to me until after I finished affixing. What hit me was that +30 S/R/T-Atk + Whateverthesoulhas was super marginal and wasn't worth the cost of affixing when it came to high attack weapons (I was affixing a +10 Elder Rod). The standard Soul + Level III + Optional + Optional 2 arrangement of affixing would only give you 60/75 more attack; which is barely anything on a 10* weapon.

What I think they should do here is have the stat modifier affixes also scale with grind level. So, for example:

As affixing is now, an Elder Rifle at +10 with Mizer Soul, Shoot III, Spirita III would only be 816, with +7PP.

If the stat modifiers were also scaled, the Elder Rifle at +10 it instead would be:

- Take the base stat of 398, and add the attack stat from the affixes to it. 458. Then, 458 at 190% would come out to be 870. The +7PP*190% would be +13PP (rounded down)
Of course, the game is easy enough as it is with players roflstomping everything. This is just really to address the viability of stat modifier affixes on higher tier weapons. After all, those stat modifier affixes will be useless eventually because of the power creep. Though arguably that might be a good thing since we won't have to rely on those fake percentages for decent performance.

Akaimizu
Dec 27, 2012, 03:51 PM
I know it's a penalty but, it's barely a penalty. And speaking of psu all was need was a high % on the weapon to do good damage.

Depends on the class and their weapon access.

Lostbob117
Dec 27, 2012, 04:12 PM
Yeah spending 10 mil to send your weapon back to +1 is BAAARREEELLLYYYY A PENTALTY and not gamebreaking at all.

/adding more obvious sarcasm

edit: fuuuuckit /cuts out the rest of this post

Yeah dude it's barely a penalty, you got it.

NoiseHERO
Dec 27, 2012, 04:16 PM
Yeah dude it's barely a penalty, you got it.

It's not "BARELY" a penalty, it's a possibly endless penalty and it's a cash cow game design ploy. and if it wasn't terrible 90% of this game's population with a brain wouldn't be complaining about it.

Ezodagrom
Dec 27, 2012, 04:36 PM
No just people hate on the inside but, psow just likes to find things to complain about.
Would you just drop this discussion? You managed to make this go completely off-topic. :\

gigawuts
Dec 27, 2012, 04:58 PM
Well, everyone complains about it, PSO-World just takes it completely out of proportion.

That's the funniest part. The people who are against it usually aren't even the ones to blow it out of proportion. Any time I'm on a supposed tirade, it usually comes after someone asks why such and such or says that it doesn't matter.

This whole lostbob "discussion" about grinding wouldn't be happening if he hadn't come up and said something patently false, misinformed, and downright dumb. Every post about it is either a one-off thing of people disliking a system and asking for a translation and leaving it at that, or someone replying to him.

IOW, he's either trolling, or he actually believes what he says. In either case he should be ignored.

Kion
Dec 27, 2012, 07:45 PM
Guys if you want to complain could you at least make an attempt to apply logic to all of your bitching.

I think Sega was trying to go for both worlds for PSO2. PSO's grinders work all of the tme, vs. PSU's, failing a grind gimps your weapon. I think they wanted so they players could keep trying as long as they had the resources to do so.

For the grinding penalties, you can see how much the penalties will set you back, how many grinders it costs and what the odds are. If you're blindless trying to hit pus 10 while ignoring all of that, it's not Sega's fault, you're just a fucking retard. Use your brain, know when to stop.

For 10* especially they're already as powerful as 9* gear +7 right off the bat and are the strongest weapons in the game. They don't intend for everyone to run anound with 10* +10 gear, I think they made the odds that bad on purpose to make getting to +6 or +7 a big deal.

The system definitely has room for improvement; maybe more ways to get grinder success +20% items, or grinder insurance by other ways than just buying scratches. Please give more specific points on what's wrong, why it's wrong. What you would change, how it would be implemented and how that would make the game better.

Ezodagrom
Dec 27, 2012, 07:55 PM
Guys if you want to complain could you at least make an attempt to apply logic to all of your bitching.

I think Sega was trying to go for both worlds for PSO2. PSO's grinders work all of the tme, vs. PSU's, failing a grind gimps your weapon. I think they wanted so they players could keep trying as long as they had the resources to do so.

For the grinding penalties, you can see how much the penalties will set you back, how many grinders it costs and what the odds are. If you're blindless trying to hit pus 10 while ignoring all of that, it's not Sega's fault, you're just a fucking retard. Use your brain, know when to stop.

For 10* especially they're already as powerful as 9* gear +7 right off the bat and are the strongest weapons in the game. They don't intend for everyone to run anound with 10* +10 gear, I think they made the odds that bad on purpose to make getting to +6 or +7 a big deal.

The system definitely has room for improvement; maybe more ways to get grinder success +20% items, or grinder insurance by other ways than just buying scratches. Please give more specific points on what's wrong, why it's wrong. What you would change, how it would be implemented and how that would make the game better.
I wonder, maybe the complaints about grinding are more because of the weapon potential system than the grinding itself?
While grinding a high ranked weapon to +10 is not really necessary (I think), it is needed for the weapon potential system, which is something that makes each weapon a bit more unique, instead of the weapons being all the same just with different stats.

There's also worries about the future, if 10 star weapons are already this bad to grind, then when even higher rarity weapons are available, those could be close to impossible to reach +10 with (according to datamining, rarity can go up to 15 stars).

gigawuts
Dec 27, 2012, 08:07 PM
The thing with RNG-based mechanics in F2P games is that the RNG-ception jokes are entirely true. For every mechanic you dislike but say "well it's not that bad," it will be built upon later with another random mechanic. F2P games are business models about either enticing players into buying a few things, or frustrating them into buying a few things. PSO2 is opting for the frustration model.

So when I started saying grinding needed to be fixed on day 1, and everyone said it was fine - "it's not like you need that much damage anyway" - I was saying we needed to fix it because they would only build on it. It wasn't "that bad" yet. I knew full well that grinding would A. get worse, and B. be depended on for more than simply damage.

So the latent system was exactly what I expected. You need to grind your weapon to +10 to get even one smidgen of unique behavior out of it. Everyone saying latents aren't that important? Just wait. They will make weapons "unique" with +% this and +% that later on, and shift these sorts of bonuses off of skill trees in an effort to make them part of the standard equipment for character improvement.

This will only deepen. They will not reduce the requirements for new or better things, they will only elevate them. The odds will become worse, the penalties will become harsher, and the rewards will become both ridiculously high and low (depending on the weapon).

This is not some nostradamic prediction. This is typical F2P design. Reel them in with nice, simple, easy things, then slowly ease in slightly worse and slightly worse RNG mechanics. There is absolutely nothing they've implemented that has surprised me, except for actually listening to players on a variety of suggestions. That really did catch me by surprise, and it shows they're willing to give when they take. The grinding changes are an "oh shit oh shit oh shit" last ditch effort to resolve how wild grinder prices are, which has all been caused by dumb RNG mechanics they themselves implemented.

As for "not needing," the game is intentionally designed so that as you level up your stat gains diminish whereas weapon strength increases in your base stats' stead. They shift the weight onto items. Enemies become proportionately higher based on having better gear. This is also normal.

Anyone who doesn't see this for what it is is intentionally deluding themselves. This is not unusual, rare, or anything new. This is done in virtually every F2P game. If you think PSO2 is magically any different you are wrong. And, yes, they will continue to do this in more extreme implementations unless players tell them not to. Why? Because if nobody complains, and they're getting more money for it, then why wouldn't they? They're a business.

If you find something even remotely unfun now, you can expect to hate it later. It's just the F2P way.

Ezodagrom
Dec 27, 2012, 08:21 PM
Well, back on topic, I posted this a couple pages ago:

Yes, I want to change to:
Make enemies more durable depending in the amount of players that are together in multiparties.

Also, could you translate these for Q15? ^^;

キャラクター操作方法 (Character Operation) - Add an option to disable double tapping WASD for dodging. Also improve the timing required for dodge to activate when double tapping WASD, right now the time window is too big, making it possible to dodge by mistake too much.

クエスト内容 (Quest Contents) - Have more varied interactive content in the existing areas, especially in the free fields. By interactive content I mean like the river in the forest that pushes players back to land in bad weather, or the mines conveyor belt.

エネミーの挙動 (Enemy AI) - Make enemies attack more frequently and make them do their idle animations less frequently in higher difficulty mode.

キャラクターやフィールド、エネミーのグラフィック (Character/Field/Enemy Graphics) - Add an option to increase the view distance. Add more varied artistic elements to existing fields (like the waterfall room in PSO1 Ruins 1). Change the field and enemy appearance in the next difficulty mode or the difficulty mode that comes after the next (like PSO1 Episode 1 Ultimate mode, for example, Forest 1 time of the day was during sunset instead of afternoon).

モーション全般 (Animation) - (Don't know if this is the best place for this) Add an option to the Beauty Salon to change the characters standing pose, and add new standing poses through FUN Scratch and AC Scratch.

BGM - Replace the pinch drums track with more fitting tracks for each field.

クライアントオーダー (Client Order) - Add more varied client orders.

フレンドパートナー (Friend Partner) - Allow for a player with multiple characters to register all characters.

エステ (Aesthetics) - (Don't know if this is the best place for this) Add cut-ins similar to /ci7 (character with mouth closed) for each expression.

チーム機能 (Team Functions) - Add more customization options for Team Rooms.

ACショップ全般 (AC Shop) - Sell AC scratch items that were available in the past separately (like older clothes, hairstyles, lobby actions).

FUNスクラッチ(FUN Scratch) - Introduce a FUN Shop to buy old FUN Scratch items separately using FUN points.Also, if you have time, I would like to add this for Q30.

I really enjoy the combat, I like the overall art style and music, I like being able to randomly meet other players with the multiparty system, and I like the boss fights in PSO2.For Q31, I would like to add this too.

In the future, I would like for more interactive and unique boss fights to be added as well, like the Vol Opt and De Rol Le fights in PSO1 Episode 1.Kion, thank you again for translating this for us. ^^

I completely forgot to post one thing, it's for Q15, for コミュニケーション機能 (Communications).
The mail feature, I don't receive many mails, so I have no idea if this has been changed already. A few months ago, if a player received a mail while he was offline, when he logged in the player would not receive any notification that he received mail. My suggestion is for the player to receive a notification that he received a mail while offline when he logins.

Kion
Dec 27, 2012, 09:34 PM
For grinding and affixing i thought the following summed up what's being said in the thread. I might make a list of common items to copy and paste into the form for Q31.

Affix system

- Amount of fodder should be increased from 2 to 3
- Remove limits on a requiring certain number of affixes to that weapon instead allow players to select the number of affixes on the weapon being modified
- Some weapons should have "inherent" attributes which are locked to the weapon and cannot be transferred or removed (ie exp+, lucky rise, or something specific to that weapon like gush for oritagito)
- The penalty for missing an affix should be more like grinding where it removes a level of the skill rather than the slot entirely.
- As a random penalty for failing a special effect (ie, freeze burn, shock), that weapon should have a negative "backfire" effect of randomly freezing the player, and can be removed by going to the tech shop and using a "remove adverse effect" item.

Grinding system

Right now the penalties for grinding are far too large. Trying to get an item to +10 is extremely unforgiving often requiring millions of meseta, hundreds of grinders, and murderous dreams a stabbing dudu in the eyes with a rusty knife as he calmly says "subarashiku un ga nai na kimi ha". Grinding should be amended to increase the chances of each grind and reduce the maximum penalty for each grind. Also items like "grinder insurance" and "grinder +20%" items should be avialable in more ways that just stratch items and the recycle shop. They should be offered with irista stones, fulfilling certain CO's, or drop randomly from enemies.

Trading 10* Items

- Want to be able to trade with friends and team mates and help others find gear
- Can be traded but not sold in shop. Makes it more fun to communicate with other players

Weapons

Remove all class equip-able weapons. Instead make weapon categories select-able from your character's subclass.

Multiparty Areas

Right now to find an item players will circle multiparty area for hours looking for the item. The problem is not that playing the same level for hours in necessarily boring, but that enemies spawn too far and in between and die immediately. Enemies should be stronger to reflect the number of players in the party. Bosses should often spawn more often to increase the difficulty.

Premium

It's not that we don't want to support the game by buying premium, the problem is that premium offers very little over just having a shop. It's rare to ever trade directly with players, fun items can be bought in shop very cheaply and owning a room is marginalized when the room mechinic is not part of the gameplay like it was in PSU. Allowing premium players to trade 10* items and use all of the este shop features, and a free added skill tree would make premium a very appealing package.

Kion
Dec 27, 2012, 09:35 PM
lostinseganet

・マグはiPhoneのシリみたいに話せたらいいな
・フォースのタリスのエフェクトを増やしたら恰好いいと思う。トラップ専用とか、カウンター専用とか、役割 に応じて武器を選択できるようにして欲しいです。
・女性のコスチュームが全部胸とか尻とかめっちゃでてるから、体を見過ぎないの服装を入れて欲 しい。

Rangers:
Hit 'Z' on your keyboard?

Kirine

That sentence on its own looks correct to me. I don't think it quite get's your point across tho.

武器強化(グラインド)のペナルティは厳しすぎです!10☆のアイテムはもう+5の段階で失敗すると(-3 )で+2にになります。それがもちょっと上にいくとわかるけど、
途中の段階だとめっちゃ厳しいです

Kion
Dec 27, 2012, 09:41 PM
Queue:

Working on Ezodagrom's...

Rien
[spoiler-box]

What I asked for:

>more long haired hairstyles
>An "increase movement speed" skill for hunters/fighters placed after just reversal
>Buff Hunters (I'm serious, I can use a melee-oriented mag, put on the strongest rod I have and out DPS myself as a Hunter when my Hunter was the same level. What is this I don't even-)
>More weapon categories
>Decrease Excube cost of PB change device
>Make 10*s tradable
>Stop Poopoo bullying
>More Room Goods.
>Collaboration with Bayonetta for items.
>Phantasy Star Zero's gunslash attack animation.

What I forgot to ask for but wanted to:

>Removal of charge time in it's entirety for the Photon Art Ride Slasher.
>Partisan buffs, because Speed Rain, while it does work well for many things, is still outdone by Slide End and other PAs post-level-11.
>More t-attack and s-attack gunslashes

I would appreciate if anyone helped me to input the above two points if their survey isn't done/knows anyone who hasn't done their survey

[/spoiler-box]

Limbo_lag
[spoiler-box]

Thanks a lot for doing this Kion.

My suggestions (not sure how they usually word it, so I'm assuming its a good idea to be polite here, I'll leave it to your discretion, Kion):

- Please make grinding easier. 10* weapons are incredibly difficult and frustrating to grind without using boosters/protectors, which are also very expensive for that reason.
- Please make affixing cost less, and have a better success rate. At the moment even 80% chance fails too often.
- Please allow 10* weapons to be tradable.
- Please build upon the use of synthesizers, perhaps allow for 50 synthesizers to increase an element by 1% or something like that.
- Please include tickets which allow for trading items for a set time, e.g 3 days, obtainable through FUN.
- Please increase the drop rates of rare items, especially 10* weapons which drop from non-rare enemies.
- Please remove low level rares from higher leveled enemies (e.g. a VH Elder Falz should really not be dropping an Adaman wand)
- Please allow theme changes for the team room.
- Please implement a larger variety of weapons, e.g. Twin sabers.

As for what I enjoy about the game, I think it is important as well, to let them know what they are doing right, in case they ever decide to change things:

- Gunner class is fun :)
- I enjoy fighting large bosses with a large MPA, Elder Falz and Vader are good examples of this.
- Trading for 10* all class weapons was an excellent idea.
- I love the detail in the environment, especially in the ruins area.
- Removing synthesizers and adding 5x grinders makes FUN scratches a lot more enjoyable.
[/spoiler-box]

This is what I have atm, if I missed anyone or if someone wants to re-phrase what they wrote before please repost. Also please use the format Z-0 uses giving the specific part of the form and what you want to write in it. A lot of these posts I'm not sure if people are musing or if it's actual input.

Zyrusticae
Dec 27, 2012, 10:05 PM
I appreciate the effort you're going through, Kion. You're a true hero!

If you feel up to it, here's what I'd like to see translated. I know others have said similar things in this thread, but I'd prefer to actually have an explanation for my reasoning rather than merely stating what I want. I apologize in advance for the sheer length of this post, and also if I get overly technical:

ゲームバランス Game Balance
Please consider ways to make MPAs more interesting and/or challenging. Anything from increased spawns to more emergency codes to scaled up HP and attack power for larger parties (with correspondingly increased rewards) would do nicely. As it is, it can be very frustrating - and boring - to be unable to even attack anything before everything in a spawn is dead. It's a very stark contrast between soloing or even running a single party versus running in a full MPA.

アイテム強化・属性強化 Item and Element Grinding
Please provide alternate methods to attain risk reduction devices and grind success boosters. Increasing the number of grinders we attain is all well and good, but the inherent frustration of failing over and over again is something that needs to be addressed. Perhaps a fail-safe in the event someone fails to grind more than a certain number of times (I suggest twice) should be considered as well.

アイテム収集要素全般 All aspects related to collecting items.
I suggest a check that forces some kind of rare to drop after X number of kills. Some players will see many rares in quick succession while others may never see a single rare over dozens of hours. I've seen many players threaten to quit over this. It shouldn't even be necessary for rares to be that, well, rare, as the items still need to be ground and affixed and the elemental bonuses benefit from being raised (but most players will never get the opportunity with 10* drop rates being what they are now).

ACスクラッチ AC Scratch
Please consider adding an item mall that contains AC Scratch items that are no longer in rotation at fixed prices. This would help keep the price and supply of older items under control and is a source of revenue from players who refuse to use the gacha (because they don't like gambling or because there is simply one item in the scratch that they actually want but can't justify the expense for).

エステ Aesthetics
Please make an outfit based off of Laia (of PSU)'s main outfit! Something similar that exposes abs and arms would be nice as well. I've been waiting for one since launch and there still isn't anything that fits the bill (though ネイバークォーツ gets close). While I'm asking for clothing, a female port of クローズクォーター would be excellent.

キャラクタークリエイト Character Creation
Please consider adding a slider specifically for the waist. It is very hard to make female characters that don't have an hourglass shape because the only way to change the size of the waist also changes the shape of the gut. It's especially noticeable with outfits like アドヴェントニア, which has a noticeably pinched waist on all female characters. Also, I have seen many requests for a slider for the rear. If you're going to have a slider for the breasts, it only seems fair.

キャラクターやフィールド、エネミーのグラフィック Character/Field/Enemy Graphics
While the character and enemy visuals are great, the fields leave something to be desired. A visual rework would be a great way to refresh old fields that don't see much use by players. The environments in the trailers look excellent! Why don't they look at least half as good in-game? If nothing else, I think many of them could see major benefits from some greater use of normal mapping and specular effects (especially Tundra!).

エフェクト全般 Effects
I think the motion blur could be greatly improved - for good examples of motion blur in games, look at the Crysis series or Planetside 2, both of which have exemplary implementations of motion blur. Also, brighter photon parts for the weapons with more noticeable trails would be great - like in the CG trailers! I also suggest looking into effects like ambient occlusion to improve the visuals in general - it can be very cheap to implement and is a great feature to have as an option.

モーション全般 Animation
Some animations suffer from a very noticeable "candy wrap" effect (for example, lying down on a bed produces this at the shoulders and arm pits very prominently). I suggest reviewing the animations. Admittedly, I don't expect any headway in this area as this can be a very difficult problem to solve, but perhaps you can prove me wrong?

Edit: Couple more!

Q30. Please enter in 1000 characters or less, the areas that are fun and enjoyable in PSO2. (Not Required)
I love the character art and everything about them - the photon art animations, the techniques, the, ahem, anatomical detail... it's all very nice and well-done, and is one of the things that keeps me playing after so many hours. The combat in general feels very good. The character customization is still some of the best on the market.

Q31. Please enter in 1000 characters or less, the areas that you wish to see improved. (Not Required)
I don't like seeing so many off-the-wall clothing items when there's still a lot more normal clothing designs that aren't in the game yet. Grinding and affixing can be very frustrating at times, as can the rare drop rate. The environment art and graphics could stand to see some improvement. MPAs still need to have some element of challenge to them. There still isn't a music track that can match Revolution to the Origin.

...I did say it would be long, didn't I? Heh. If you'd rather skip some of the more common ones in favor of a generic response, I won't mind too much, since there's probably going to be a lot of people saying the same general thing.

Mysterious-G
Dec 27, 2012, 10:13 PM
Kion, could you please translate "I would like to see an AC-based option to change the name of my character" if it isn't too much hassle? ^^;

Kion
Dec 27, 2012, 10:19 PM
Kion, could you please translate "I would like to see an AC-based option to change the name of my character" if it isn't too much hassle? ^^;

ACでキャラクター名を変更できるチケットが欲しいです。

Mysterious-G
Dec 27, 2012, 10:25 PM
Thank you so much! I will love you forever from now on! <33

Enforcer MKV
Dec 27, 2012, 10:33 PM
[SPOILER-BOX]
The thing with RNG-based mechanics in F2P games is that the RNG-ception jokes are entirely true. For every mechanic you dislike but say "well it's not that bad," it will be built upon later with another random mechanic. F2P games are business models about either enticing players into buying a few things, or frustrating them into buying a few things. PSO2 is opting for the frustration model.

So when I started saying grinding needed to be fixed on day 1, and everyone said it was fine - "it's not like you need that much damage anyway" - I was saying we needed to fix it because they would only build on it. It wasn't "that bad" yet. I knew full well that grinding would A. get worse, and B. be depended on for more than simply damage.

So the latent system was exactly what I expected. You need to grind your weapon to +10 to get even one smidgen of unique behavior out of it. Everyone saying latents aren't that important? Just wait. They will make weapons "unique" with +% this and +% that later on, and shift these sorts of bonuses off of skill trees in an effort to make them part of the standard equipment for character improvement.

This will only deepen. They will not reduce the requirements for new or better things, they will only elevate them. The odds will become worse, the penalties will become harsher, and the rewards will become both ridiculously high and low (depending on the weapon).

This is not some nostradamic prediction. This is typical F2P design. Reel them in with nice, simple, easy things, then slowly ease in slightly worse and slightly worse RNG mechanics. There is absolutely nothing they've implemented that has surprised me, except for actually listening to players on a variety of suggestions. That really did catch me by surprise, and it shows they're willing to give when they take. The grinding changes are an "oh shit oh shit oh shit" last ditch effort to resolve how wild grinder prices are, which has all been caused by dumb RNG mechanics they themselves implemented.

As for "not needing," the game is intentionally designed so that as you level up your stat gains diminish whereas weapon strength increases in your base stats' stead. They shift the weight onto items. Enemies become proportionately higher based on having better gear. This is also normal.

Anyone who doesn't see this for what it is is intentionally deluding themselves. This is not unusual, rare, or anything new. This is done in virtually every F2P game. If you think PSO2 is magically any different you are wrong. And, yes, they will continue to do this in more extreme implementations unless players tell them not to. Why? Because if nobody complains, and they're getting more money for it, then why wouldn't they? They're a business.

If you find something even remotely unfun now, you can expect to hate it later. It's just the F2P way.
[/SPOILER-BOX]

Quoted for truth...

Anyway! I would also like to thank you for your work, Kion. I won't ask you to translate anything, because I'm thinking plenty of people will, but I just want to say:

Thank you. You're giving us a real way of communicating with the development team thanks to your actions. That's very kind of you. Hopefully Sega will listen to our requests, and make this game better for it, and make your efforts worth it.

Either way, once again: Thank you.

Lostbob117
Dec 27, 2012, 11:20 PM
Tossing out some ideas that you guys could put down, I didn't think of them when I was filling out my survey.

-Making more weapons have potentials
-Make elements worth the meseta.

Menasthos
Dec 28, 2012, 12:10 AM

If you find something even remotely unfun now, you can expect to hate it later. It's just the F2P way.I wonder how is possible i saw this exact same post on the guildwars2 forum and on fanbased ones, and now on this game too? :sleepy:
Is it the western player's attitude " i wantz all and now, stop the RNG" so widespread to pretend on every single mmo the best drop immediately at first kill? Because i don't remember any whine about RNG by jap players..
Maybe this game if kept on japanese version for japanese players will have a longer life, because when international, wouldn't surprise me will be a copycapt of the gw2 one filled of whines about RNG.
Jeez, so boring :sleep:

Back in topic, maybe this thread would be helpful if we have a general common complain survey translated in japanese, so all of us can get his points and move on

Sp-24
Dec 28, 2012, 02:47 AM
Most online games don't throw updates with recolors of existing weapons that are stronger than anything you have every other month, so even if, by some miracle, you did get the best drop, and it suits your class, and you grinded it successfully so that your 6☆ isn't stronger than the Mobpwner+1, and you did that all on the first kill, you will still be outclassed and will have to repeat the same procedure again over and over before you even get used to having an actually useful item in your possession. Oh, and if you didn't get anything in those 2 months? Well, sucks to be you, because stronger weapons mean stronger enemies and harder quests to fight through them with. And they are always there, too, no RNG involved, so have fun with that Salvador+10 for a few more months (and guess where did that come from). And that's not even to mention things like Madam's Umbrella, which is unique, completely irreplaceable by weak 6☆ and NEVER DROPS EVER.

There is nothing wrong with "i wantz all and now, stop the RNG" attitude, it's just human nature. It's the "Sega is my master, I will sacrifice my soul to its RNG" and "I will enjoy everything that is crappy about this game because I have fun, since that's the only way fun can be had" attitudes that need something done about them.

You probably don't remember any whine from the Japanese players because they have Japanese sites to whine about this game in Japanese. I don't know, open a search engine and look up Doodoo's name in image search, maybe?

Finally, when people say that they are getting "back on topic", they usually mean just that. This thread isn't about whining about something, so whining about people whining after declaring to do the opposite is rather odd. So yeah, don't do that. If I need to remind anybody, this thread is about the survey that Sega is currently holding, so, I dunno, post your issues with the game, I guess (no idea what else to discuss here)?

Ezodagrom
Dec 28, 2012, 07:21 AM
Quests

Arks quests should be a set map with set spawn having more background items that lend to telling the story than just bland scenery.
Personally set maps and set spawns is the main reason I find time attack quests boring, I think that the random generated maps and enemy spawns were a good idea, but they could have been implemented better.

Agitated_AT
Dec 28, 2012, 07:31 AM
The question is, why do you wantz everything now. If it is a dumb reason then honestly i think you need to shut up.

Most games dont even come close to the variety of weapons i see in pso2. Within a lobby it is hard to find the same person with the exact same weps.

Anyway where it should come down to is how much a rare you found and upgraded helps you through a field, not abou collecting them all pokemon style :s

Silver_Wyrm
Dec 28, 2012, 07:41 AM
hey guys, I just want to say, lets please not create an rng argument in this thread, its irrelevant to it. There are other threads to discuss the matter and your thoughts on it, let us please keep this on topic before it starts to go south.

Ce'Nedra
Dec 28, 2012, 07:43 AM
Can someone suggest:

- Search NPC by name in campship (I have over 150 NPC, its annoying to scroll through all of them to find the 1 I wanna use)
- Make over shop free for premium
- More symbol art slots (premium if you must)
- Preview accessories in MyShop like weapons and outfits
- More then 3 accessory slots
- Make either grinding and affixing a little bit easier or cheaper, not by much but a little bit would be nice.

I would do it myself but I got no clue on Japanese myself and I somehow doubt Google translate will help me much there ^^;

Requiem Aeternam
Dec 28, 2012, 08:23 AM
I wish I could understand japanese so I could fill this out. Anyway some of the changes I would like to see are:

- Grinding only using 1 Grinder each time.
- The item animations playing faster (e.g. Trimate animation at monomate animation speed).
- The ability to break out of ice like in PSO1.
- To be able to change character's names in the Este Shop.
- To be able to preview accessories in Player Shops.
- The ability to purchase Recolor Tickets using AC.
- The ability to preview weapons your character cannot use in Player Shops.
- Accessory and hairstyle tickets to be account bound like Lobby actions, not character bound.
- Friend NPCs to have voices (provided the character has one).

I think they could also increase the enemy AI in V.Hard. The only difference I've seen is slightly increased damage and more HP. Most of the enemies still stand there and let you attack them. :nono:

Arada
Dec 28, 2012, 09:12 AM
General fixes:

- Make Premium actually be premium.
Allow premiums to trade 10* weapons (not selling).
1 AC Scratch item of choice for each month of premium.
Various bonus like affixing bonus, grinding bonus, etc...

- Already affixed abilities on the target weapon/armor should have a 100% affix rate.

- HD texture pack available for high level configurations.

- Try to get clothes from other franchises (Sega games or not).

- Remove GameGuard and replace it with an efficient software.

- IP ban RMTers, don't just delete their accounts.

- Rebalance drop rates of 10* weapon. I've dropped only 1 after 500 hours while a friend of mine drops 1 every day.

- Add some skill tree abilities like "able to equip weapon X if this class is used as a subclass"

- Make male clothes more attractive. Most of them have something ridiculous that makes it look bad.

Fixes to gameplay:

- In Caves and City, disable doors locking when a Emergency Code: Destruction or Emergency Code: Duel is active.

- Make Hunters and Fighters more relevant by increasing their basic movement speed or the length/speed of their dash (when an enemy is locked and they're still out of reach for instance).

- Improve monsters AI.

- Improve monstrers stats (Hard and Very Hard and more).

- During Emergency Code: Collect, make items to collect appear on the mini-map.

- Create new basic 3-hit combos that players can "equip" for more style and/or effectiveness.

That'll alrady be good. :D

Anon_Fire
Dec 28, 2012, 09:56 AM
General fixes:
- IP ban RMTers, don't just delete their accounts.

Do you even know where the RMTers are coming from?

Akaimizu
Dec 28, 2012, 10:23 AM
For me, I'm a bit shocked at the complaints of the RNG from players on this site. Only because they had to deal with it for so long. Or maybe is my Luck in getting great stuff in online games so bad that everybody else never gets to sample my luck until this game? Who knows.

I think I just have opposite luck than the norm, and maybe I should play this game more.

Only reason I say this is because people complained about it in Diablo 3 during the time I was *very unusually* getting some great drops including a Legendary within the first 8 hours of gameplay. (Yeah, Legendaries did suck, but when you get it that early, it didn't because people were willing to buy that stuff off you very fast before word came around. Hey, I didn't know version 1 Legendaries sucked. It was a weapon not for my class so I sold it fast.)

Menasthos
Dec 28, 2012, 11:07 AM
No, no need to turn the thread to a RNG whine, i guess it was caused by an user asking how to translate it and send the request to sega, which would read it with this face " stop RNG? wt.. is it a joke? :-o " :D
Do you even know where the RMTers are coming from?I was going to type the same. :D
No, they are not japanese ( nor for japanese customers for sure, they are not so dumb :D )

Arada
Dec 28, 2012, 11:59 AM
Do you even know where the RMTers are coming from?

Since by asking this question you don't know how IP works, i'll explain so that you can understand my request.
An IP is like your GPS coordonates on the web. By checking an IP, an automated system can detect its exact location in the world (check here for instance: http://whatismyipaddress.com/ip-lookup).
Therefore, somebody connecting from IP 1.2.3.4 (for instance) will be located at address X (say in China) and will request to connect to his/her account under name Y.

Until now, on these forums, when we're talking about IP bans, we've been talking about "removing anyone with address X not located in Japan".
But when I say "IP ban RMTers", I say "when you lock account Y, also prevent anyone using IP 1.2.3.4 to connect" which is completely different than "prevent anyone with an IP address not allocated to Japan to connect."

IPs are not so easy to change anymore so it'd make sense and it'd prevent RMTers from just recreating an account and restart their activities.

Aeris
Dec 28, 2012, 12:08 PM
Depending on how smart they are with those bots and how tech worthy they are, IP ban does nothing to stop them, not even MAC ban since you can spoof it or get a new IP just to bypass it, i donno how smart they are about going about with that.

redroses
Dec 28, 2012, 12:22 PM
Kion, it is really great that you are helping out so much with the translations.
If you aren't too busy already, I would love for you to translate some requests of mine as well. I really appreciate you doing this, and thank you very much in advance!

ロビー Lobby
Please add more lounge like areas to the lobbies, that change with blocks. For example, a lounge with aquarium elements, or a lounge with a spring theme.

Please add quests that have a more varied look between area 1 and area 2. Change the look of enemies between the difficulty levels. Make rare enemies that also have a different look then just different color.

エネミーの挙動 Enemy AI
Please make enemies more aggressive and smarter in full MPA areas.

ゲームバランス Game Balance (not sure if this fits here)
Please make the alternate classes accessible at a lower level requirement, level 10 would be very good.

マイルーム My Room
Add a second floor to my rooms.

エステ Aesthetics
Please add a lipstick color slider. Also please add more eyeball and face paint options. I would also like to be able to buy different standing pose for my character.

フレンドパートナー Friend Partner
Please add the option of allowing a player to register more than one friend partner.

プレミアムセット Premium Set
Please add free use of make over shop for premium users. Or allow premium users to gain part of the exp when defeating monsters and clearing emergencies for their subclass.

ACスクラッチ AC Scratch
Please make old AC scratch items available again, maybe for a set price.

Question 30
I love the gameplay, music and customization in PSO2. I also enjoy the MPA very much. I am looking very much forward to what is still to come in PSO2, thank you for making this great game!

Question 31
I would enjoy to see more interesting boss fights, I also would be very happy to have more races and classes to select from.
In MPA more bosses should appear at once.

That is all I can think of currently. Again, thank you very much in advance Kion in case you get a chance to translate my requests!

BIG OLAF
Dec 28, 2012, 05:05 PM
エステ Aesthetics
Please add a lipstick color slider. Also please add more eyeball and face paint options. I would also like to be able to buy different standing pose for my character.

Also, fucking nail polish. They proved it's possible with the Heartbreaker outfit, now give us an option to have it whenever we want, and pick the color.

'snot hard, SEGA!

Kion
Dec 28, 2012, 08:48 PM
Sorry took a bit.

Ezodargom
Character Operation: 今キーボードでWASDキーを連続で2回押すと回避を行うけど、間違って押すことが多いです。システムメニ ューでそれをオフできる設定が欲しいです。
Quest:フリーフィールドで森林の川とか地下のベルトコンベアみたいインタラクティブコンテンツを増や して欲しい。
AI:敵のAIはモードにつれて攻撃を増やして欲しい。
Field: PSOのセントラルドームとか遺跡の滝みたいなものを入れて欲しいです。
BGM:フィールドによttもちょっと適切なBgmに変えて欲しい。
Client: クライアント種類を増やして欲しい。
Friend Partner: 複数のキャラクターのある人も複数のキャラをフレンド・パートナーの登録をさせて欲しい。
Este: (make over shop) 立てるポーズも変えられたい。
Team:チームルームのテーマを増やして。
AC: 前のACアイテムをFUNスクラッチに回して欲しい。
FUN: FUNのアイテムもスクラッチだけじゃなく、決まったFUN金額でアイテムも変えるようにしてほしい 。
Q30:ゲームプレイが好きで、全体的なアートの感覚と音楽が好き。ボスのバトルとかもどきどきする。マル チで普通に合わない人と偶然にめぐりあえるシステムがベストです。
Q31:ボスも増やして欲しい、ファルズが好きでこれあらもデロルレみたいなボスがあったらいいなと思いま す。

Kion
Dec 29, 2012, 12:03 AM
[spoiler-box]
I appreciate the effort you're going through, Kion. You're a true hero!

If you feel up to it, here's what I'd like to see translated. I know others have said similar things in this thread, but I'd prefer to actually have an explanation for my reasoning rather than merely stating what I want. I apologize in advance for the sheer length of this post, and also if I get overly technical:

ゲームバランス Game Balance
Please consider ways to make MPAs more interesting and/or challenging. Anything from increased spawns to more emergency codes to scaled up HP and attack power for larger parties (with correspondingly increased rewards) would do nicely. As it is, it can be very frustrating - and boring - to be unable to even attack anything before everything in a spawn is dead. It's a very stark contrast between soloing or even running a single party versus running in a full MPA.

Please provide alternate methods to attain risk reduction devices and grind success boosters. Increasing the number of grinders we attain is all well and good, but the inherent frustration of failing over and over again is something that needs to be addressed. Perhaps a fail-safe in the event someone fails to grind more than a certain number of times (I suggest twice) should be considered as well.

I suggest a check that forces some kind of rare to drop after X number of kills. Some players will see many rares in quick succession while others may never see a single rare over dozens of hours. I've seen many players threaten to quit over this. It shouldn't even be necessary for rares to be that, well, rare, as the items still need to be ground and affixed and the elemental bonuses benefit from being raised (but most players will never get the opportunity with 10* drop rates being what they are now).

ACスクラッチ AC Scratch
Please consider adding an item mall that contains AC Scratch items that are no longer in rotation at fixed prices. This would help keep the price and supply of older items under control and is a source of revenue from players who refuse to use the gacha (because they don't like gambling or because there is simply one item in the scratch that they actually want but can't justify the expense for).

エステ Aesthetics
Please make an outfit based off of Laia (of PSU)'s main outfit! Something similar that exposes abs and arms would be nice as well. I've been waiting for one since launch and there still isn't anything that fits the bill (though ネイバークォーツ gets close). While I'm asking for clothing, a female port of クローズクォーター would be excellent.

Please consider adding a slider specifically for the waist. It is very hard to make female characters that don't have an hourglass shape because the only way to change the size of the waist also changes the shape of the gut. It's especially noticeable with outfits like アドヴェントニア, which has a noticeably pinched waist on all female characters. Also, I have seen many requests for a slider for the rear. If you're going to have a slider for the breasts, it only seems fair.

While the character and enemy visuals are great, the fields leave something to be desired. A visual rework would be a great way to refresh old fields that don't see much use by players. The environments in the trailers look excellent! Why don't they look at least half as good in-game? If nothing else, I think many of them could see major benefits from some greater use of normal mapping and specular effects (especially Tundra!).

エフェクト全般 Effects
I think the motion blur could be greatly improved - for good examples of motion blur in games, look at the Crysis series or Planetside 2, both of which have exemplary implementations of motion blur. Also, brighter photon parts for the weapons with more noticeable trails would be great - like in the CG trailers! I also suggest looking into effects like ambient occlusion to improve the visuals in general - it can be very cheap to implement and is a great feature to have as an option.

モーション全般 Animation
Some animations suffer from a very noticeable "candy wrap" effect (for example, lying down on a bed produces this at the shoulders and arm pits very prominently). I suggest reviewing the animations. Admittedly, I don't expect any headway in this area as this can be a very difficult problem to solve, but perhaps you can prove me wrong?

Edit: Couple more!

Q30. Please enter in 1000 characters or less, the areas that are fun and enjoyable in PSO2. (Not Required)
I love the character art and everything about them - the photon art animations, the techniques, the, ahem, anatomical detail... it's all very nice and well-done, and is one of the things that keeps me playing after so many hours. The combat in general feels very good. The character customization is still some of the best on the market.

Q31. Please enter in 1000 characters or less, the areas that you wish to see improved. (Not Required)
I don't like seeing so many off-the-wall clothing items when there's still a lot more normal clothing designs that aren't in the game yet. Grinding and affixing can be very frustrating at times, as can the rare drop rate. The environment art and graphics could stand to see some improvement. MPAs still need to have some element of challenge to them. There still isn't a music track that can match Revolution to the Origin.

...I did say it would be long, didn't I? Heh. If you'd rather skip some of the more common ones in favor of a generic response, I won't mind too much, since there's probably going to be a lot of people saying the same general thing.
[/spoiler-box]

Balance: マルチパーティエリアは簡単すぎて、敵のHPを増やすか、Eトライアルを増やすか、なんかで難しくして欲し い。
Grind: 武器強化率を上げるアイテムをAC以外で手に入れる方法が欲しいです。
Items: 10☆のドロップ率は単に悪すぎです。皆のやる気をなくしてる。
AC: 前にあったACスクラッチのアイテムは後一定の時間が経つと普通にACで購入できるように設定して 。
Este:PSUのライアのコスチュームが欲しいです。
Creation:キャラクターを作るさえに(またはエステで)キャラクターの腰スライダーで設定できるよ うにしてほしい。
Field: フィールドはちょっとつまらない、ゲームの予告編の背景みたいな感覚が理想。
Effects and Animation, kind of hard to translate that.
Q30: キャラクタークリエイションがオンラインゲームの中で最高です。キャラクターアニメーションとかクオリティ がめっちゃ高いです。
Q31: コスチュームで独特のものが多すぎて、もっと落ち着いたアイテムも欲しいです。マルチパーティが 簡単すぎて、アイテム強化システムと特殊効果システムも厳しすぎて直して欲しい。

Kion
Dec 29, 2012, 12:13 AM
After going through these. I'm seeing pretty much the same things

Make 10* items tradable
Increase Perks for premium
Increase difficulty / Add more features to free field
Amend Grinding and Affix system
Make subclass weapons selectable
Fix drop rates

Other than that it's mostly a lot of small things. Definitely good ideas and added input like poses or being able to purchase AC items at a set price. I don't think not being able to speak Japanese is something that should limit player from voicing their opinions which is why I wanted to translate as much as possible, but it's taking too much time when I could be translating the story, or working on things for school. So I'm going to stop doing translations in this post. Tonight I'll make a template with the common options above to copy paste the points you agree with into the survey.

Also I'm applying to SoJ. They had a game planner position posted on their site, so I'm going to send in my resume and see if I can make any progress there. From previous releases we've seen how miss communication has been a detriment to the series, so it'd be nice if I could help do something about it. Wish me luck.

Heat Haze
Dec 29, 2012, 12:32 AM

Make 10* items tradable
Fix drop rates

Other than that it's mostly a lot of small things. Definitely good ideas and added input like poses or being able to purchase AC items at a set price. I don't think not being able to speak Japanese is something that should limit player from voicing their opinions which is why I wanted to translate as much as possible, but it's taking too much time when I could be translating the story, or working on things for school. So I'm going to stop doing translations in this post. Tonight I'll make a template with the common options above to copy paste the points you agree with into the survey.

Also I'm applying to SoJ. They had a game planner position posted on their site, so I'm going to send in my resume and see if I can make any progress there. From previous releases we've seen how miss communication has been a detriment to the series, so it'd be nice if I could help do something about it. Wish me luck.

Thanks for all of the translations and best of luck with your future endeavors! Good luck.

Sp-24
Dec 29, 2012, 12:40 AM

Make 10* items tradable
Fix drop rates

Wow, that's pretty ambitious. Good luck!

And lol at Sega opening the position now. Though better late than never, at least they see their downfalls at last.

Kion
Dec 29, 2012, 12:45 AM
Wow, that's pretty ambitious. Good luck!

And lol at Sega opening the position now. Though better late than never, at least they see their downfalls at last.

What's listed on their site actually a part-time game planner position for college students. I'm pretty sure their stance on not giving a damn about foreign players hasn't changed at all. But I have been looking for a means to contact them directly. There's no email or phone number listed on their website anywhere. Apparently the only way to apply is through actually send in a mail directly to their address. My plan is to send a mail to that address with my resume and a letter of what I actually want to do. If I can get an interview, that's good enough for me.

Yunfa
Dec 29, 2012, 02:15 AM
Just one thing...either make Falz Rifle weaker or the Avenger stronger.

BIG OLAF
Dec 29, 2012, 12:23 PM
Oh, I feel like you should be able to buy recolor tickets with EXcubes or something. Just...something other than AC items.

Zyrusticae
Dec 29, 2012, 03:31 PM
Thanks again, Kion, and good luck on getting that position!

Oh, I feel like you should be able to buy recolor tickets with EXcubes or something. Just...something other than AC items.
I support this!

However... The cynicist in me thinks they would never do that because the recolor tickets drive the prices of AC scratch items up tremendously. I can't even imagine how much they would fall if they added an alternative.

Cry0
Dec 29, 2012, 03:40 PM
Well I only really have 2 beefs with the game, and that's
1) the grinding system
2) the fact that you can't hunt everything all the time (eg banther hunt? forget about it. needs emergency...) and that I have really, really bad luck, and that's just not fair.
a small 3 is that 10*+ should also be tradeabele.

But all of that has probably been said already.

Xaeris
Dec 29, 2012, 05:52 PM
Just one thing...either make Falz Rifle weaker or the Avenger stronger.

Why? If anything, that should be the other way around. Any other item modeled after Dark Falz is the strongest in its class, barring the 11*s.

Heat Haze
Dec 29, 2012, 05:54 PM
Why? If anything, that should be the other way around. Any other item modeled after Dark Falz is the strongest in its class, barring the 11*s.

It's probably due to the lower (Falz Rifle) and higher (Avenger) R-Atk requirements to use. I suppose it makes sense, you'd expect a weapon with a higher R-Atk prereq. to be stronger, and vice versa. Although, these aren't the only weapons that share the same stats, despite varying requirements of use. Maisen and Liewen Book, for example.

gigawuts
Dec 29, 2012, 06:55 PM
It's probably due to the lower (Falz Rifle) and higher (Avenger) R-Atk requirements to use. I suppose it makes sense, you'd expect a weapon with a higher R-Atk prereq. to be stronger, and vice versa. Although, these aren't the only weapons that share the same stats, despite varying requirements of use. Maisen and Liewen Book, for example.

Or...give them different abilities so neither is better, just preferable. (I know, I know)

I've been working on stuff to toss into this off and on as I play, stuff I forget about until it nags me at the moment. Thanks for doing this for everybody Kion! Hopefully you'll still be doing it when I post mine.

Kion
Dec 30, 2012, 02:11 AM
Sorry I already stopped. Hurt my brain too much. I'll be applying a position at SoJ so hopefully I can give this community a more direct voice by preparing for that.

As far as the survey goes, working on a template to copy and paste more common complaints to voice you opinion.

Kion
Dec 30, 2012, 03:06 AM
PSO2 Survey Template

Survey can be found here: https://ssl.pso2.jp/players/enquete/
Translation can be found here: http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-players-survey-2/

Question 15 asks for your opinion on the following aspects of the game

ユーザーインターフェイス全般 User Interface
キャラクター操作方法 Character Operation
アクション全般 Action
ロビー Lobby
クエスト内容 Quest Contents
エネミーの挙動 Enemy AI
ゲームバランス Game Balance
モーション全般 Animation
エフェクト全般 Effects
コミュニケーション機能 Communications
マイルーム My Room
マイショップ My Shop
BGM
チュートリアル Tutorial
ストーリー進行 Story Progression
ランキングや緊急クエストなどの突発イベント Ranking and Emergency Quest’s Occurrence Events
FUN機能 FUN
マグ Mag
マターボード Matter Board
クライアントオーダー Client Order
鑑定システム Item Appraisals (Tekker)
フレンドパートナー Friend Partner
スキルツリー Skill Tree
エステ Make-over shop
チーム機能 Team Functions
プレミアムセット Premium Set
ACスクラッチ AC Scratch
ACショップ全般 AC Shop
FUNスクラッチFUN Scratch
エクスキューブシステム EXCube System
プレイヤーズサイト Players Site

Credit: Richardo

Questions 16~21
Ask where you get your information from. I suggesting choosing other(その他) and entering pso-world.com

Questions 24 / Question 25
Asks which other Sega titles (24) and Anime titles (25) you would like to see content from respectively. Use find google to find the Japanese name of the content to put in there.

Question 27
Asks which of the following you would like to see more of:
Left Side

More Maps
More Classes
Higher Level Cap
More Costumes and Accessories
More weapons
Other

Right Side

More Bosses
More Weapon Categories
More Story
New System Updates
More Quests

Credit: Richardo

Question 30
Asks what you like about the game. I think it's okay to answer this is (simple) English or basic Japanese. The developers want to know that people enjoy the game, saying that you enjoy their hard work goes along way. Doesn't have to be perfect but I really suggest entering something here.

Question 31
This is where you get to voice you opinion about what you don't like in the game. And what you would do about it. I wrote up some of the more common complaints. Not sure if all of them will fit, so copy and paste the ones you agree with.

Make 10* Items Tradable Between Players

Right now the only way to get a 10* item is to pick it up yourself. I knwo this was done because of players complaining about items being easier to obtain from shops rather than actually picking them up. However with the current drop rates this system does not make sense. Even for items that you can't use it would be nice to give them to your friends who are hunting for them or exchange units with other players looking for a set. Allowing players to trade also lends itself as a reason for buying premium.

今だと10☆以上のアイテムは完全に自分で拾うしかありません。ただ単にプライヤーショップから買うよりも 自分の手でいれるようにこの風に設定しておいたのわかりませんけど、ドロップ率それが酷過ぎます!使えない アイテムでも友達にあげたい気分もあるし、ユニットのセットとかダブってるものもう交換し合いたいです。ア イテムは単に買いたくないけどせめて交換できるようにしてほしい。それがプレミアムを買う理由にもなります 。
Improve Premium Perks

At the moment there is no reason to buy premium. Shops can be bought separately and the remaining perks such as my room, trading items, and additional FUN simply aren't worth the cost. Another problem with this game is for make overs and skill cost additional money everytime you use them. I think that premium should be expanding to include free makers and a premium skill tree that you can customize as much as you like. That would be more than enough reason for me to purchase premium each month.

今だとあまりプレミアムを買う理由がありません。ショップはあれば十分で得に交換とかマイルームとか、追加 のFUNもなくてもいいくらいの感じです。ACの問題はスキルツリーとかエステパスとかいろいろといちいち 買わないといけないので、あれをプレミアムでまとめてだして欲しいです。エステのやり放題とプレミアムのみ が使える自由に工夫できるスキルツリーを追加した毎月は当たり前みたいに買います。

Improve Free Fields by making them harder/ more interesting

The most profitable way to place this game is to run around in cirles in multiparty areas. I don't think this in and of itself is necessarily a problem. When looking for a certain item or EXP this is the best method to do so. Mostly it's that enemies in NPA die as soon as they spawn and the area itself bland which makes MPA's really boring. I would like to see more structures like the central dome in the PSO forest area or the water fall in the Ruins to give each area it's own unique aspect.

ゲームで唯一有益になるのはマルチパーティエリアでずっとぐるぐる回ることです。ぐるぐる実態には問題あり ません。特にアイテムとかEXPが欲しければ、それがベストで当たり前です。ただ敵がでる途端に殺されて、 フリーエリアの背景とか詰まらないのでフリーエリア実態をもっとチャレンジにして欲しいです。敵のHPを上 げるてエリア内にPSOの遺跡の滝とか森林のセントラルドームとかもっと特徴となるものをいれて欲しいです 。

Make the grind system not suck so much

The grinding system is waaaay too messed up. Everytime I here DuDu say "subarashiku un ga nai na kimi wa", I want to stab him with a rusty knife. It's not that weapons should be easily grindable, it's that getting a weapon to plus +10 can easily costs some-hundred grinders. Reducing the penalties and imporving the odds a little bit would be satisfactory. Also make grinder insurance items and increase grinder odds items more obtainable. 20 EX cubes for one grind chance +30% item? Is that supposed to be some kind of fucking joke? That's not even that significant of a boost and can still easily fail. Make those kinds of items more obtainable for 2-3 EX cubes, CO's or interrupt ranking prizes or something.

グラインドのシステムは厳しすぎます。素晴らしく運がないな君はと聞くためにはデゥデゥを錆びたナイフで刺 したくなります。武器強化が必ずしも成功するとは別にいいですけど、+10まで生かせるためにはグラインダ ーが軽く数百個かかって金もそれなれなりに飛んじゃいます。簡単に+10まで行かせてとは言ってませんけど バランスが可笑しいです。ペナルティをちょっと減らして、確率を少しあげるくらいで満足です。それと保障ア イテムと確率をあげるアイテムをもっと簡単に手にいれる方法が欲しいです。武器強化率+30%のアイテムが エクスキューブ20個もかかる?+30%はまだまだ簡単に失敗するから2-3個とかインタラプトランキング とか、特別のCOをクリアすると手に入れられるといいです。

Fix everything about the affixing system

I have no idea where to even start with the affixing system. Why you have to use fodder with the same number of affixes is stupid. Why can't I use anything and simply choose which affix I want to focus on? Why can I only use two fodder at a time? If I want ability 3 and Power 3 on an items that means I need to have tons of fodder all with Power2 and Ability 2 which never happens. Why is it that even though it says 80% chance it fails all of the freaking time? Not just for me, everyon bitches about it. Why do I have to re-roll for affixes already on my weapon. Say I have a weapon with freeze 2 and ability 2 and I want to go for ability 3, I understand that ability 3 needs to be calcaluted but why do I have only a 40% chance of freeze 2 staying on the item? That's retarded. Weapon abilities not being upgraded should have a base 100% each time. And hidden abilities are also stupid. With how many grinders everything takes a small percent boost on a weapon just isn't worth it. Hidden abilities should be on the weapon by default and powered up with photon spheres or something.

特殊能力のシステムは訳が分かりません。素材アイテムはなぜ同じ特殊能力数をもたないといけないのか不思議 です。素材アイテムはなんであっても好きな能力を選択すればいいじゃない?素材アイテムは二つしか使えない の意味も不明です。たとえばアイテムにパワー3とアビリティ3をつけたいと思ったパワー2とアビリティ2が 多量に必要になってきますが見つかるわけがありません。確率も怪しいです。80%と表示してあるなのに明ら かに失敗することがほとんどです。たまにだったら理解できなくはないけど、誰にしろ頻繁に起こってますから 。それとなんで特殊能力がもうついてるのに、他の能力をつけることでそれがまた確率に含まれるのか?つまり フリーズ2とボディがついてるとしてボディだけを強化しようとしてもフリーズ2はまだ40%の確率で武器か らアイテムからなくなる可能性があります。関係ないじゃないですか?強化しようとしてないものは基本100 %であるはずです!最後が潜在能力です。+10の条件でアイテムが0に戻るのは笑い話です。アイテム強化シ ステムが厳しすぎて単純なもののためにそれをまたやろうとする人はほとんどいないです。ブラオレットぐらい です。潜在能力はアイテムによって最少からついて、フォトンスフィアで強化するの方がいいです 。

Make subclass weapons equipable

Get rid of all class equipable weapons. If you can't use photon arts for them then they're completely worthless. Just increase the number of weapon categories and be able to select weapon types from your subclass.

全クラスが装備できる武器の概念をなくして欲しいです。武器が装備できるとしてもそのクラスのフォトンアー ツが使えないと武器を利用と思いません。ただ単純に武器の種類を増やしてサブクラスから装備できる武器を選 択させてください。

LAST AND NOT LEAST
If sega gets a lot of the same answers they're going to think some bot is spamming them. At the end PLEASE ADD:

I agree to the comments written above -your name

フォーラムに書いてある文書で以上の内容に同意してます -your name

gigawuts
Dec 30, 2012, 03:16 AM
In that case, any way you can translate something about making latent abilities more interesting than plain % bonuses, and accessible without grinding?

Kion
Dec 30, 2012, 03:24 AM
Finished translating my affix rant, check "Fix everything about the affixing system" and see if that fits.

gigawuts
Dec 30, 2012, 03:51 AM
I wanted to suggest something more active or special than 11% this or 5% that but if you don't want to translate that, what you said will do fine.

I figure if everyone sends the same general idea it's more likely to get attention than just a bunch of different detailed one mixed in with the noise. The point of these surveys is to see how the players feel, and they're most likely to listen to the masses since that's where most of the money comes from.

Kion
Dec 30, 2012, 04:01 AM
Sorry, didn't fully catch what you meant. Here you go.

潜在能力は何かを何パーセント増加せせるではなく、もっとユニックな能力が欲しいです。

gigawuts
Dec 30, 2012, 04:27 AM
Oh great, thanks!

.Jack
Dec 30, 2012, 05:17 AM
Fix everything about the affixing system

[quote]I have no idea where to even start with the affixing system. Why you have to use fodder with the same number of affixes is stupid. Why can't I use anything and simply choose which affix I want to focus on? Why can I only use two fodder at a time? If I want ability 3 and Power 3 on an items that means I need to have tons of fodder all with Power2 and Ability 2 which never happens. Why is it that even though it says 80% chance it fails all of the freaking time? Not just for me, everyon bitches about it. Why do I have to re-roll for affixes already on my weapon. Say I have a weapon with freeze 2 and ability 2 and I want to go for ability 3, I understand that ability 3 needs to be calcaluted but why do I have only a 40% chance of freeze 2 staying on the item? That's retarded. Weapon abilities not being upgraded should have a base 100% each time.

If this would come to fruition and knowing how to make things from scratch, you would easily have anything x-III/ x-III/ x-III for 50-100k since basic 1's anythings can be bought for 1k in shops. This would make affixing a joke.

There are things from the AC scratch that they profit from so if you want to be taken seriously, I'd suggest coming up with better realistic suggestions.

MetalDude
Dec 30, 2012, 05:22 AM
It's really the failing and completely dropoff of an ability from affixing that drives me up the wall. Losing a Stat-III is infuriating, especially if you're going for the Soul/Stat III/Junk setup. More importantly, why the hell do the %'s not actually reveal what the actual chances are? Considering the other problems that this game has, Dudu is by far the worst part of the entire game. Nothing makes you go from enjoyment to blinding rage quicker than Dudu and it's such a horribly done part of the game. I understand the money sink being a necessary part of the game but it'd be nice if everyone was paying up equally instead of some people getting completely screwed and others being let off the hook entirely.

Ce'Nedra
Dec 30, 2012, 07:54 AM
Done mine and I went for the following in the last field

-Make 10* Items Tradable Between Players
-Improve Free Fields by making them harder/ more interesting
-Make the grind system not suck so much
-Make subclass weapons equipable

Thanks alot for the template Kion!

Reiketsu
Dec 30, 2012, 09:25 AM
Okay, just did mine, as well...
I requested additional accessory slots, multi-colored hair (like that masked man has), remixes of PSO1 music, easier grinding, 10* tradable weapons and making it possible to earn experience with main and sub class at the same time (though sub class exp can only be 25% of what the main class gets).

I also requested collaborations with Ryu ga Gotoku, Shenmue, Hatsune Miku, Valkyria Chronicles and Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon, lol

I really hope it was worth the time I spent on filling that thing out >_<

Zyrusticae
Dec 30, 2012, 09:56 AM
If this would come to fruition and knowing how to make things from scratch, you would easily have anything x-III/ x-III/ x-III for 50-100k since basic 1's anythings can be bought for 1k in shops. This would make affixing a joke.

There are things from the AC scratch that they profit from so if you want to be taken seriously, I'd suggest coming up with better realistic suggestions.
No, that's not how it works. That would only work if you could use an unlimited amount of fodder items. That's not what Kion is suggesting.

Letting people use two fodder items with any number of affixes would simply increase the pool of possible items to use at lower affix levels, and that's about it. You'd still have to deal with the chance mechanics no matter how many affixes your fodder items have.

Z-0
Dec 30, 2012, 10:16 AM
No, that is exactly how it works. Affixing is currently pretty easy as it is, providing you're not going past 3 slots, if you know how to go about it.

Since -anything- 1 is extremely cheap on 1 slot units/weapons, you can just create all your units by buying the -anything- 1s, and buying some throwaway 3/4 slot units which cost 300 meseta to affix on. This keeps the cost to an absolute bare minimum, that meseta is EVEN MORE worthless than it already is. Added to this, items such as the 20% affixing booster will drive itself to the floor, which is an item that helps the AC Scratch, so this suggestion will most likely not be taken seriously anyway.

People like me and Hc4 affix a lot for fun (well, profit, but I find it addicting l o l, shame I don't have the funds to keep doing because I don't have a 30 day shop yet), so we know how this system works, and at the end of the day, it's not as unfair as people like to make out. People just give up too easily, and complain about.

Suggest it by all means, but don't expect that to be taken seriously.

Zyrusticae
Dec 30, 2012, 10:29 AM
To be frank, you guys are pretty exceptional in that regard.

The furthest I ever go is Tech/Power/Shoot II + a Soul. I can't even fathom going to 3 slots (I already fail at least 10 times on two slots as it is).

But yes, there's no chance of it ever being taken seriously as long as the AC Scratch exists in its current form.

Silver_Wyrm
Dec 30, 2012, 10:34 AM
Okay, just did mine, as well...
I requested additional accessory slots, multi-colored hair (like that masked man has), remixes of PSO1 music, easier grinding, 10* tradable weapons and making it possible to earn experience with main and sub class at the same time (though sub class exp can only be 25% of what the main class gets).

I also requested collaborations with Ryu ga Gotoku, Shenmue, Hatsune Miku, Valkyria Chronicles and Senjou Kyoukai no Horizon, lol

I really hope it was worth the time I spent on filling that thing out >_<

gah how could I have missed valkyria

Anyways, did mine too, thanks for the template Kion!

gigawuts
Dec 30, 2012, 10:42 AM
Affixing is fine if you can buy what you need to make fodder and just buy more when you fail repeatedly.

When you CAN'T afford it is when it sucks. That and the RNG is exceptionally harsh an abnormal amount of the time. I'm up to 12 fails for the same 30% success item, I just can't make it. Remember the fodders I was making zyn? Yeah, 12 of those in a row. There's a 1.4% chance of that. That isn't just the RNG, that's either an intended streak or the RNG is really really fucking bad. There's no goddamn way I can streak this much this often with the RNG working properly.

Either easier or more consistent, that's all anyone wants.

Kion
Dec 30, 2012, 10:51 AM
I might break that up into two parts.

For affixing it'd be nice to have a pretty simple intuitive system like grinding where you know what you're getting yourself into. Making the RNG actually output the odds posted and being able to focus on one ability at a time (and not have to reroll for abilities already on the weapon) would be enough.

For hidden abilities it would be nice to get rid of the +10 requirement setting the weapon back to 0. It's just not worth it. It would be nice if certain weapons had inherent abilities that could not be removed from the weapon and could be powered up with photon spheres.

eharima
Dec 30, 2012, 12:06 PM
People still think the percent on the screen = the percentage of chance wwwww

Q25, what sega collaborations would you like to see?
crazy taxi
shenmue
jet set radio
chu chu rocket.

wait and see.