PDA

View Full Version : ARRRRGH!!! WTF can't people.....

Atax
Mar 30, 2003, 11:47 PM
Inspect the inside of their consoles, before they sell them on ebay?

I got a MegaDrive in the post, from a seller on eBay this morning. I open up to see how I would go about modding it, and what do I find?

I find:

* Half a dozen live cockroaches.

* 2 Spiders

* A proportionally (sp?) large colony of black mites.

* Various other little insects.

All this was crawling arond on the motherboard, and the gap between the lower casing and the motherboard. I had to blow on the motherboard, and spary any insects that got blown onto the counter. Then I had to heavliy spray the 2 casing with fly spray to kill off the rest of the insects, then take the casings out to the back yard and hose it down.

Needless to say I don't have any cords to test it, so when I do get the required equipment; The function of the console will determine the seller's feedback and if I'll request a refund or not. I'm not impressed in the slightest.

So to all you eBay sellers out there.......

INSPECT YOUR ****ING CONSOLES!!!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Atax on 2003-03-30 21:06 ]</font>

hollowtip
Mar 30, 2003, 11:51 PM
Wow, that is disgusting. Kind of makes you wonder how that person lived...

Balthor
Mar 30, 2003, 11:53 PM
Whoa, even that kinda makes me blink.

Who's the seller, I wanna buy something of him.

ABDUR101
Mar 30, 2003, 11:55 PM
umm...well...that would be a nice sized ICK.

I'd give them negative feedback just for that crap. Now, imagine what would have happened if you hadn't found those insects?

One, you'd have a cockroach infestation, and two, once you got it running and the system got hot enough, they'd of ended up most likely causing a fire.

Really nice. =

Eum
Mar 31, 2003, 12:04 AM
And suddenly, Eum started looking on the floor.

MonoxideChild
Mar 31, 2003, 01:02 AM
Hmm, this thread might make me think twice before I buy any electronics off of ebay.

LollipopLolita
Mar 31, 2003, 01:41 AM
Well you have yourself a nice insect collection, buy a tank!

SorceressofTime
Mar 31, 2003, 02:37 AM
eeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwww that's soooooooo ICKY!!!!!! ><

Guntz348
Mar 31, 2003, 04:14 AM
ewwww I just got out of the shower, and I'm about to go back in, just reading this post made me feel dirty!

kat
Mar 31, 2003, 10:59 AM
regardless.... I'd give them the worst possible feedback, and detail exactally what happened to you with all the bugs, even more detail than you ranted with us... I don't think they'd ever get another sale after a feedback like that. Plus, you might just win the 'most astounding feedback award' or something like that...

Deathscythealpha
Mar 31, 2003, 04:03 PM
Yuck, all those bugs in a tiny Megadrive? How the hell did they get in there?

Cloud_01
Mar 31, 2003, 05:00 PM
That's sick..just another reason not to buy stuff off ebay.

I bought something off Ebay once and the guy never even sent it to me. Good thing it was only $15.00. I'm not really into all that online shopping.

Ness
Mar 31, 2003, 07:23 PM
That's just digusting. It's amazing how people can let things like that happen to thier consoles.

Morfos
Apr 4, 2003, 10:35 PM
The jerk probably put them in there as an April Fools joke.