No, but it'll be coming to the Wii U in 2013

[SPOILER-BOX]That was a lie, but its coming to Vita[/SPOILER-BOX]

Seravi Edalborez
Dec 26, 2012, 05:23 PM
Read the spoiler box.

Tcrusader51
Dec 26, 2012, 05:25 PM
Read the spoiler box.

Yep, did that only after researched it myself and then double checked the message to acknowledge the spoiler. Oh well.....

EvilMag
Dec 26, 2012, 06:02 PM
Its coming to the original Nintendo Entertainment System.

[spoiler-box]NOW YOU'RE PLAYING WITH POWER![/spoiler-box]

Laxedrane
Dec 26, 2012, 06:11 PM
If you asked a sega rep off the record this question I wouldn't be two faced if they said "Fuck no"

SolRiver
Dec 26, 2012, 06:29 PM
xbox only got 64mb ddr ram with 233 mhz nvidia gpu. It didn't reach minimum spec for pso2.

[spoiler] joking [/spoiler-box]

Rin Kagamine
Dec 26, 2012, 09:41 PM
Is Pso 2 coming to the xboxIf u want an mmo console better leave microsoft and move to sony playstation plus is a better

deal ps3 doesnt have cross game chat but it does have 8person dashboard video chat make a skype account if u want to talk to people online. Stay on xbox if u like halo and gears but cod is way more popular and competitive on ps3 if u want to play pso2 get a ps vita it shares your playstation plus account and ps3 games now come with a cross buy feature where u get a free download of the same ps3 game you bought for your vita or you can get a gaming pc its your choice and for all you xbox players the walking dead part 1 is available free for xbox live marketplace until like january.

Silver_Wyrm
Dec 26, 2012, 09:46 PM
*snip*

I wont buy xbox just because of how microsoft runs the damn thing, when I worked at gamestop, people coming in EVERY DAY(not joking) asking us if we could fix their xbox, so many times it broke mysteriously one month after warranty ended...watching them buy console after console boggled my mind, why do they let them do that to them?

I remember MW2 release, and the second day all the people coming to buy a second because they bumped their console and it ruined the disk, and MS said its their fault...

Rin Kagamine
Dec 26, 2012, 10:05 PM
I wont buy xbox just because of how microsoft runs the damn thing, when I worked at gamestop, people coming in EVERY DAY(not joking) asking us if we could fix their xbox, so many times it broke mysteriously one month after warranty ended...watching them buy console after console boggled my mind, why do they let them do that to them?

I remember MW2 release, and the second day all the people coming to buy a second because they bumped their console and it ruined the disk, and MS said its their fault...this is old news but not only that after so many xbox power failures microsoft was like lets give xbox youtube and some useless apps when all we need is netflix which doesnt have theater sharing but we shall charge our xbox live customers 10 more dollars a month even tho our customers have to buy an online pass to play games now which is 10 more dollars if u didnt buy the game new lol.

oh and dont get me started on ruined scratched disks with ps3 that never happens to me but funny story i download my xbox games to my hard drive so this surprised me my friend slightly bumps into my xbox my psu disk got ruined and i had no warranty and even if i did i had it for more then a year so i had to buy psu on demand.

Yunfa
Dec 26, 2012, 10:35 PM
oh and dont get me started on ruined scratched disks with ps3 that never happens to me but funny story i download my xbox games to my hard drive so this surprised me my friend slightly bumps into my xbox my psu disk got ruined and i had no warranty and even if i did i had it for more then a year so i had to buy psu on demand.

At least you didn't buy 6 copies of PSU @ 40$ each in an attempt to get your friends to play only for them to bail out on you after a month...

Lumpen Thingy
Dec 26, 2012, 10:53 PM
If u want an mmo console better leave microsoft and move to sony playstation plus is a better

deal ps3 doesnt have cross game chat but it does have 8person dashboard video chat make a skype account if u want to talk to people online. Stay on xbox if u like halo and gears but cod is way more popular and competitive on ps3 if u want to play pso2 get a ps vita it shares your playstation plus account and ps3 games now come with a cross buy feature where u get a free download of the same ps3 game you bought for your vita or you can get a gaming pc its your choice and for all you xbox players the walking dead part 1 is available free for xbox live marketplace until like january.

there is so much wrong with this statement I'd try to argue but there just doesn't seem to be a point

Rin Kagamine
Dec 26, 2012, 11:10 PM
there is so much wrong with this statement I'd try to argue but there just doesn't seem to be a pointNo please go ahead speak your mind i don't mind constructive critism if u have any to spare.

At least you didn't buy 6 copies of PSU @ 40$ each in an attempt to get your friends to play only for them to bail out on you after a month...i bought it on games on demand for one of my friends too and i bought her a membership none of my other friends wanted to play psu they all said it was g*y when i showed it to them but its typical for them They like COD,killzone,halo,gta,and zombie games.They all have ps3s,360s or both but wont play DCUO with me either.

Mushy2000
Dec 27, 2012, 07:02 AM
psu on 360 was great, when the game is imported to america I'm sure microsoft will jump at the chance to have this mmo on their new console.

I think its still up in the air, whether you can say yes or no is false, because you don't know... me personally, I'd jump ship from the pc version to play on xbox, you guys are hypocrits anyway, most of you use the 360 controller then bash the console? okay...

also the fact that the game comes pre configured for console controllers, makes me think it's going to be ported.

jooozek
Dec 27, 2012, 07:03 AM
What would be the point of porting the game to basically a dead console aside of it slowing everyone down because of stupid Microsoft policies?

Rien
Dec 27, 2012, 07:07 AM
There's this thing called the XBOX360 Elite

And it doesn't screw up like the xbox.

jooozek
Dec 27, 2012, 07:15 AM
also the fact that the game comes pre configured for console controllers, makes me think it's going to be ported.
Did you sleep over the past few years? Xbox 360 gamepad being supported in PC games has become a standard so much that games rarely work with anything but them. If you don't have a 360 gamepad for most you have to use some third party software to get working your non-360 gamepad.

Gama
Dec 27, 2012, 08:04 AM
this kind of topics always cheer me up.

also makes me question the age of some players.

[spoiler-box]Freaking Hilarious![/spoiler-box]

ZIE creations
Dec 27, 2012, 10:24 AM
PSO2 will more then likely not be on any console besides the Vita, and even the vita is getting a run down version and can't play with PC players (unless they changed that of course). I doubt their decision is based off policies seeing as microsoft update licenses are cheaper then Sony's. With the vita, being a new system, has a firmware that allows un-coded updates, unlike the 360 and PS3 which have to direct through servers and code to be updates.

The game will stay mainly PC for the fact it's easier to maintain, doesn't split up the player base, and, most importantly, will give the most people access to the game since it's standard for any 1st world country's population to all have at least 1 personal computer. Although it would be pretty great to see it on the next xbox and next playstation when they get their shiz together with their policies and updates, but for these current, dieing consoles, it's not happening.

Noblewine
Dec 27, 2012, 12:32 PM
Maybic........ =0

Anon_Fire
Dec 27, 2012, 12:38 PM
I wouldn't count on it. Just because PSO2 on PC supports the 360 gamepad and the PS3 controller doesn't mean it'll come to those consoles.

PC and Vita versions will indeed be cross-platform.

Tcrusader51
Dec 27, 2012, 02:07 PM
PSO2 will more then likely not be on any console besides the Vita, and even the vita is getting a run down version and can't play with PC players (unless they changed that of course). I doubt their decision is based off policies seeing as microsoft update licenses are cheaper then Sony's. With the vita, being a new system, has a firmware that allows un-coded updates, unlike the 360 and PS3 which have to direct through servers and code to be updates.

The game will stay mainly PC for the fact it's easier to maintain, doesn't split up the player base, and, most importantly, will give the most people access to the game since it's standard for any 1st world country's population to all have at least 1 personal computer. Although it would be pretty great to see it on the next xbox and next playstation when they get their shiz together with their policies and updates, but for these current, dieing consoles, it's not happening.

Vita players can indeed play with PC players and I believe that has always been the plan. Also, if PSO2 came on a portable such as the vita then it's a big possibility that it will be on consoles starting with Wii U. The only console I see it less likely coming on is the xbox due to the xbox live and all.

DS23
Dec 27, 2012, 02:24 PM
Live is a very closed off system, the Minecraft guys had to fight tooth and nail with MS to be allowed a limited number of free updates for their game and MCis one of the biggest things to come along in a while. Sony let Dust 514 or whatever have their updates on PSN, so I'd imagine a Sony machine would be a more likely home down the road. PSO2 came out in this weird transitional stage where normally new machines would be out by now and if they were I'd imagine it'd be on one of them alongside the PC (and Vita). As it stands maybe when PS4 hits it'll be on that since they have some knowledge of making PC servers work a bit alongside Vita but it's not super likely. (I have a 360 and love it but it is just not coming to the thing, sorry folks!)

FacelessRed
Dec 27, 2012, 02:29 PM
As far as I know it was announced that it was NOT coming to 360 or PS3. so no. Also the arguments for and against 360 vs PS3, not only are extremely and obviously biased. but rather limited in any real information or proof, so please, let's not talk about that anymore.

blace
Dec 27, 2012, 03:11 PM
As far as I know it was announced that it was NOT coming to 360 or PS3. so no. Also the arguments for and against 360 vs PS3, not only are extremely and obviously biased. but rather limited in any real information or proof, so please, let's not talk about that anymore.

Originally they said PC only.

Alenoir
Dec 27, 2012, 03:18 PM
PSO2 will more then likely not be on any console besides the Vita, and even the vita is getting a run down version and can't play with PC players (unless they changed that of course).

Vita version will play on the same servers as the PC version, but Vita players are limited to blocks designed specifically for Vita. PC players can use the Vita blocks too if they want, but if too many PC players are invading the Vita blocks, SEGA will limit those blocks to Vita-only.

Akaimizu
Dec 27, 2012, 03:22 PM
I wonder why they would limit PC players on those Vita blocks? I mean, is that going to happen anyway? Isn't one of the primary reasons for Vita and PC players being able to play together, the ability for friends to play together cross-platform? So wouldn't that imply a lot of PC players may end up on Vita blocks to play with their friends currently on Vita? I hardly see the incentive to do so unless that is the case.

I do believe the consoles will probably need to be a bit more accomodating to the MMO model to actually invite more to it. I was a bit amazed even the Vita got it, but then they probably can take their gambles just to get a bigger audience. Still, console manufacturers going by the "We lose money on consoles" method of power-chasing will always have a beef with the MMO industry as a whole. It's quite detrimental to the aspect of individual title sales and they want you buying as many titles as possible for their revenue. MMOs generally go against the grain by getting more folks to invest in less games and allocate their dollars just to that smaller list of titles. Maybe the free to play model will help entice them since perhaps they may not have the (games per console sold) destroying potential as the monthly subscription ones, but who knows. The industry waits for the verdict.

Tsumiya
Dec 27, 2012, 03:26 PM
This would be a terrible idea if they did =\

Alenoir
Dec 27, 2012, 03:37 PM
I wonder why they would limit PC players on those Vita blocks? I mean, is that going to happen anyway? Isn't one of the primary reasons for Vita and PC players being able to play together, the ability for friends to play together cross-platform? So wouldn't that imply a lot of PC players may end up on Vita blocks to play with their friends currently on Vita? I hardly see the incentive to do so unless that is the case.

It's the prevent the situation where Vita players can't even log into the lobbies because everything is full. Just think of Ship 2 during open beta and why some of you guys are on ship 10 instead.

Skye-Fox713
Dec 27, 2012, 03:37 PM
Irc Sega stated that pso2 will be PC only with the exception of the PS Vita.

Akaimizu
Dec 27, 2012, 03:49 PM
It's the prevent the situation where Vita players can't even log into the lobbies because everything is full. Just think of Ship 2 during open beta and why some of you guys are on ship 10 instead.

Or just Block 20 on ship 2 alone. Yeah, I can see it; but I worry if that mention was a bit "loaded". It all comes down to whether keeping those "not loaded too much" will be easy or difficult. Especially in places specifically meant to house two platforms.

Alenoir
Dec 27, 2012, 04:12 PM
Or just Block 20 on ship 2 alone. Yeah, I can see it; but I worry if that mention was a bit "loaded". It all comes down to whether keeping those "not loaded too much" will be easy or difficult. Especially in places specifically meant to house two platforms.

Nah, the first 4 or 5 ships were almost all filled up to 100% back when the game first went public (not even commercial), block 20 or not. Something (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/asamidori/mmorpg/pso2/pso20120705_090946_000.jpg) like (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/asamidori/mmorpg/pso2/pso20120705_091020_002.jpg) this (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/asamidori/mmorpg/pso2/pso20120705_091010_001.jpg). (Yeah, I got kicked to the premium block for that reason.) They did mention they are adding more capacity to the servers in general so hopefully the Vita-only block lock won't happen.

gigawuts
Dec 27, 2012, 05:06 PM
Originally they said PC only.

I think this was very cautiously worded at first. Between the game's PC announcement and its vita/mobile announcement they said it was "coming to PC," and when questioned on consoles they said it's "not coming to consoles." or somesuch (or the standard "no plans" because if someone offers 7 bajillion dollars like hell are they saying no). Nobody from any news outlet I saw thought to ask them about handhelds or mobile platforms, so yeah.

NoiseHERO
Dec 27, 2012, 05:27 PM
This obvious joke thread get taken seriously yet? 8D

xbox is kinda old....

xbox 360 though, just whack.

RedRaz0r
Dec 28, 2012, 02:31 PM
There's this thing called the XBOX360 Elite

And it doesn't screw up like the xbox.

Bro, the Elite came out in 2007 and had the same issues as the xbox. Are you speaking of the slim version that came out in 2010-2011?

SwordOkami
Dec 28, 2012, 03:15 PM
A free to play game coming to the Xbox 360?

Hmm.....heheheHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA!

*sigh* Nope. I don't see it happening.

Laga
Dec 28, 2012, 03:43 PM
I still have my crappy old regular 360 from when it first came out. only problem I have with it is that I cant finish a couple of my games cause it keeps freezing at the same exact spot. play mostly rpgs so its kinda annoying killing a boss going to the result screen and before you can even press a bu................

Sparzyle
Dec 28, 2012, 04:45 PM
Why not PS3? Are the specs as low as 360's ones?

Anon_Fire
Dec 28, 2012, 05:01 PM

Only one thing, Cell Processor.

jooozek
Dec 28, 2012, 05:55 PM

From what I know, basing on just Call of Duty ports, some of the titles in the series run in 60 fps on X360 while on PS3 in 30 fps. Hope that helps.

Midori Oku
Dec 28, 2012, 07:55 PM
The 360 could run the game just fine. >.>

The problem is the fact that the 360 is nearing the end if its life. If the new Xbox (whatever it's going to be officially called) was coming out soon, I could see it possibly being on it. I'm not much of a PC gamer, but it would honestly be better for it to stay PC only.

If you want an MMO on the Xbox (it will obviously be the next generation), 343 just started hiring people to work on an MMO. So if you're a Halo fan, and want a MMO on the Xbox, it's good news for you. On top of that, it's actually something Microsoft would be willing to work with 100%, meaning it will be well taken care of. Unlike PSU was for the 360.

Silver_Wyrm
Dec 28, 2012, 08:03 PM
From what I know, basing on just Call of Duty ports, some of the titles in the series run in 60 fps on X360 while on PS3 in 30 fps. Hope that helps.

thats got more to do with ps3 being a very different system from xbox/pc and devs not wanting to spend the time to optimize one version. Many cross platform games are often "made" for the xbox because its easier then simply ported to the ps3, which of course, ports dont run as well as something actually optimized. Technically the ps3's specs ARE better.

look at ff13 for a reverse of this

jooozek
Dec 28, 2012, 08:28 PM
Specs don't mean anything if you have to fight with a mess of SDK. Multiports on X360 being better for most is a good show of that. Then there is also the case of Ridge Racers (http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2006/11/compare.jpg xbox version comes from RR6, PS3 version comes from RR7).

DragonForce
Dec 28, 2012, 09:05 PM
I don't understand why any would wanna play an MMO on a console. There are so many hurdles between the devs, the console's hardware, and the parent companies of the consoles. Pc is the way to go for MMO's.

Totori
Dec 28, 2012, 09:29 PM
Yes it's already explained about the hurdle that SEGA would have to through to get this game patched, and issues with Sony and Microsoft involving the AC.

It's not impossible, just not the choice SEGA wants to take with this title. The PC is much faster and easier to work with, then any console out there.

Laxedrane
Dec 28, 2012, 10:15 PM
I don't understand why any would wanna play an MMO on a console. There are so many hurdles between the devs, the console's hardware, and the parent companies of the consoles. Pc is the way to go for MMO's.

This would explain why sega wouldn't put an MMO on a consul these days not why a player would or wouldn't want it on a consul.

SupraMedical68
Dec 30, 2012, 01:18 AM
I can't believe a joke thread went on for this long.

Anyway, both the PS3 and Xbox 360 are at the end of their respective lifespans. Why would anyone want a game that could potential receive updates on a old console? That's like trying to colonize a planet that's next to a dying star.

Personally I never thought I would've been playing PSO Episode I & II for the Gamecube a port of a game that I thought was going to be DreamCast exclusive. You never know what they made end up announcing after the next generation console are released. If you remember back to 2001 and 2005 both PSO and PSU were announced around the time of GCN and 360 release.

skky cast
Dec 30, 2012, 01:21 PM
thanks ill wait for the pc version