PDA

View Full Version : Partisan Hunter/Fighter Build.

serenade
Dec 26, 2012, 05:53 PM
so this past week has been my first week playing again after a 2 month hiatus.

i see subclasses are out and i'm interested in making a pure partisan hunter/fighter build. (they are by far my favorite weapon in the game).

i was hoping someone could critique my projected build and give me some insight on what would be best for pure damage output.

i left out partisan gear since all it does is extend the range of the PA's (unless its changed since i last played) which isnt that big of a deal for me.

Partisan Build (http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.html?gFIYIkIYIkIYIkIYIkIYIkIYIkebInqnGKc AAdjcA00009bsNGAcBGFcb0000ib00000ibeDI2cFaAcD000Ib 00000ib00000f)

schnee4
Dec 26, 2012, 07:01 PM
i left out partisan gear since all it does is extend the range of the PA's

Partizan with gear is the strongest crowd control in the game.

Seravi Edalborez
Dec 26, 2012, 07:13 PM
Do you need that S-ATK on the right side of Hunter tree to equip something? I feel it would be put to better use towards Just Reversal (it's only 1 more point) and Partizan Gear (I don't see why you would ignore this for a "partizan build").

Ditto on the Fighter tree. If you don't need that S-ATK to equip something, put it in other places or save it in case new skills pop up. Many people like Chase Advance and Chase Bind so that's worth considering.

Jakosifer
Dec 27, 2012, 11:34 AM
I assume you aren't making Brave/Wise because of the boost after the Ups not being worth the penalty. While I would max them myself, I made a build I would rock for Partisans. Though mine is this way because I play awkwardly with Partisan so yeah..

http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.html?gFIYIkIYIkIYIkIYIkIYIkIYIk2OkIqnGXc A6cA00009bsNGBcAGFcb0000ib00000ibeDI2cFaAcD000Ib00 000ib00000f

The range boost from P Gear is substantial, and it takes no time at all to charge it, so I see no reason not to get it. For the Fighter tree, don't bother with Dagger Gear, Fist Gear = faster travel, use that with Eight Ounce to make up for any lost time between spawns when charging P Gear. Waber Gear is nice for when you're leveling Fighter, so I kept it in. As for why Step Advance is Maxed on Hunter... Ehhhhh. step Adv 10 is amazing, and Partisan PA's are very step friendly. Just Guard isn't really necessary, but its hella cool, its really more useful for Swords.

serenade
Dec 27, 2012, 04:34 PM
Do you need that S-ATK on the right side of Hunter tree to equip something? I feel it would be put to better use towards Just Reversal (it's only 1 more point) and Partizan Gear (I don't see why you would ignore this for a "partizan build").

Ditto on the Fighter tree. If you don't need that S-ATK to equip something, put it in other places or save it in case new skills pop up. Many people like Chase Advance and Chase Bind so that's worth considering.

i dunno, last time i used partsian gear it didnt seem like a huge distance advantage but perhaps i just didnt notice it since i'm up close and personal with enemies.

i could probably drop the s-atk points from fighter and put them in chase advance. guess that means i'll have to invest on getting weapons with SE's. maybe even drop dagger and dub gear since i wont really be using those weapons.... that would allow me to max out chase advance.

edit: and how exactly does partisan gear charge? i remember people trying to figure it out last i played. if there's a way to charge it easily i'll probably drop 2 s-atk points on hunter to get that and just reversal as welll.

Seravi Edalborez
Dec 27, 2012, 04:42 PM
If you let most ground attacks go (IE, don't attack at the first JA window), you will spin the partizan afterwards. Blocking also spins. Spinning builds meter. Trick Rave spins during the PA's execution, Slide Shaker knocks enemies back giving a good chance to spin, etc.

gigawuts
Dec 27, 2012, 05:09 PM
Worth noting: You do not spin after an attack if you attack while in the air, and I recall some bug with trick rave when attacking in the air. I think it consumed 2 bars. That may have been fixed.

Rien
Dec 28, 2012, 09:20 AM
Partisan Gear + Slide End = whole screen horizontal range attack, lol...

IndigoNovember
Dec 31, 2012, 01:59 PM
Worth noting: You do not spin after an attack if you attack while in the air, and I recall some bug with trick rave when attacking in the air. I think it consumed 2 bars. That may have been fixed.

Bug was fixed.

Also movement during Photon Arts is nonexistent when done in midair (besides Assault Buster), so you can do things like Bantaasnatch/Bandersnatch x3 .

Sakarisei
Jan 1, 2013, 08:21 AM
I don't see necessary applying a lot of SP in S-ATK skills unless you're a Female newman because low S-ATK. Even it, i see stupid receiving more of 100 S-ATK in skills if your mag will get 100 s-atk and 50 s-def.

If you're a partisan user, please, buy partisan gear and Just Reversal. Why? Because with Partisan Gear, if you refill it pressing shift button, you boost photon arts' range so it's very effective versus Dark Falz Weak points and/or flying enemies. About Just Reversal, in a full DPS is very important evading enemy attacks. It's not funny waiting about 1 or 2 seconds when you're knocked down by enemy strong attacks (For example panthers' charge, big vardha missiles, ect...)

Then, if you want more damage, buy SP in Fighter subclass Chase Advanced at lv 10. With this, if you've got a weapon which inflicts status (Poison, Burn, Mirage, ect...), you'll receive additional damage until 40% more.

And finally, i recommend you this "skeleton (http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.html?I2IYIkIYIkIYIkIYIkIYIkIYIkebIoqnGXc A6cA00009brIGAbnGFfcA0000Ib00000ib0000Ib00000ib000 00f)" for your build, giving you a liberty of 9 SP in Hunter and 12 SP in Fighter

Greetings.