ARKS Clones

http://pso2.jp/players/update/20121205/04/image/ss_02_l.jpg

“Darker’s Den”

http://pso2.jp/players/update/20121205/04/image/ss_03_l.jpg

Video weapons spoiller

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.minus.com/io4lAQDNiPPrP.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

blace
Dec 27, 2012, 03:51 AM
You'll probably want to change the title from 'New Video' to something about ARKS clones and probably some details about it. Not everyone on this forum can read in Japanese.

Edit: An excerpt I found on bumped.org:

Our next update will add a new field which is also known as the “Darker’s Den,” though its official name was not mentioned yet. In here, you can fight Falz Hunar outside of story mode. When you meet a certain condition and start a quest, occasionally you’ll be forcefully transferred to this new field. Anyone in the party who completes this quest could have their character’s appearance and equipment cloned and turned into enemies known as “Imitation ARKS” or ARKS Clones. If you defeat these clones, you’ll receive an exclusive drop. Aside from that, Falz Hunar will also appear in a city Emergency Quest

Xaeris
Dec 27, 2012, 04:17 AM
I think it's always cute when they show gunners in these videos actually using Bullet Squall and Messiah Time. Who do they think they're fooling?

I wonder if Darker's Den is feasibly soloable. On one hand, it's not such a terrible thing to have a mission that encourages joining with a full team. On the other, I really do like being able to solo join an emergency.

Jyasupa
Dec 27, 2012, 04:36 AM
Am so excited for more content based around the crappy RNG system XD

jooozek
Dec 27, 2012, 04:52 AM
I wonder if the ocassionally will mean "retardly low chance for it to happen" as it is with parallel worlds aka new content you won't see ever.

Tomeeboy
Dec 27, 2012, 05:24 AM
New details on the Arkz Clones content for January were also released on the official site:
http://pso2.jp/players/update/20121205/04/

The update will be coming on January 9th, 2013.

The front page has been updated with the video (thanks!) and details about the Arkz Clones, translated from the official site:
http://www.pso-world.com/news/02508-pso2-jp-new-information-arkz-clones-content-january-9th-plus-new-video

Laxedrane
Dec 27, 2012, 05:54 AM
I wonder if the ocassionally will mean "retardly low chance for it to happen" as it is with parallel worlds aka new content you won't see ever.

I always thought no one saw them becuase barely anyone plays in single party areas.

I wonder what special condition you have to meet for you to have a chance to crash land. The idea of a quest starting by crash landing pretty spiff though.

gigawuts
Dec 27, 2012, 05:57 AM
I always thought no one saw them becuase barely anyone plays in single party areas.

I wonder what special condition you have to meet for you to have a chance to crash land. The idea of a quest starting by crash landing pretty spiff though.

Nah, of the several hundred runs of SPA levels I've completely and thoroughly checked (lots of mizers, katas, cressida CO's, etc. usually with 4 players) I've encountered one single para (edit: it was while solo, incidentally). That makes three in my entire fairly active team.

Kilich
Dec 27, 2012, 06:27 AM
Fighting against minmaxer clones who spam rafoie\zan supported by status bullets will be very fun, I can see it even now.

TERAGON1996
Dec 27, 2012, 07:02 AM
Oh I have some news after done examine the vid.
1st: Elites will be sent to kill Dark Falz if selected
2nd: the river of the nest will be poisonous(kinda like lava except you will be poisoned)
3rd: Darker's Nest is situated in further Lilipa, almost at the center except its upside down(see the technology on the sky in the stage, the only planet that have technologies is Lilipa and you will see what I meant by 'upside down')
4th: We can be killed by clones if there are too much of Fo and Te(not important)
So there you have it.

Rien
Dec 27, 2012, 07:08 AM
Remove your weapons as Falz Hunar is on his last leg.

Lol forever at shitty clone.

Kirine
Dec 27, 2012, 07:12 AM
You see guys?

Remember the pilot plz jokes we used to confide with one another when it comes to the ARK pilots' exceptional performance?

Well it seem the darker's nest gives them an excuse to... return the favor.

Also... the wind resistance from the varder units will become useful. Take that FO,TE clones that likes to spam your zantastic spells.

BIG OLAF
Dec 27, 2012, 07:26 AM
Man, look at those cool new Darker-infected theme weapons I'll never have. I sure am excited.

Meji
Dec 27, 2012, 07:58 AM
Man, look at those cool new Darker-infected theme weapons I'll never have. I sure am excited.
Most likely 10*, yeaup.

Ce'Nedra
Dec 27, 2012, 08:04 AM
Gwanadha finally showing up in another area? ;o The new area looks damn good and challenging as well, can't wait for it.

I'm ready for this update :3

The Walrus
Dec 27, 2012, 10:28 AM
I wish Sega would use players decked out in proper gear in their preview videos so we can get an accurate picture of how much we'll be roflstomping everything

CelestialBlade
Dec 27, 2012, 10:46 AM
New map looks pretty sick. That poisonous ichor/blood stuff is just creepy.

I know I wouldn't want to fight Clonecona o_o I wonder how exactly they're making clones of us...or do I even want to know >_>

Kirine
Dec 27, 2012, 10:53 AM
New map looks pretty sick. That poisonous ichor/blood stuff is just creepy.

I know I wouldn't want to fight Clonecona o_o I wonder how exactly they're making clones of us...or do I even want to know >_>

The day weak bullet and chain mastery is put on me at the same time by the enemy... is the day I cry.

CelestialBlade
Dec 27, 2012, 10:57 AM
The day weak bullet and chain mastery is put on me at the same time by the enemy... is the day I cry.
Haha oh god. THIS is why they've allowed us to become so broken.

Imagine if this was in PSU...STORM OF JABROGA

NoiseHERO
Dec 27, 2012, 10:58 AM
I think my own clone would would be more dangerous than me...

Angry_Ryudo
Dec 27, 2012, 11:01 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7ErlkQIc4A

Ezodagrom
Dec 27, 2012, 12:30 PM
Some extra info about the future of PSO2:

The next series of updates for Winter will start in late January, titled “Courageous Leader.” Like always, this update is split up into parts and will be delivered through February. The first half of the update will feature class level 55, and a Valentines Day Event. In February, they will introduce “Advanced Quests” for end game content. This system update should help make it easier to obtain some of those rare items you’ve been clamoring for.

Once the PlayStation Vita version comes out, in late February through March, expect to see a new boss, new story quests, and more things coming to the Premium Set.

In April, yet another new field is coming, and you can unlock an even higher class level.
In May, another kind of highly difficult quest is coming. (Ultimate mode?)
In June, we’ll have a 1 year anniversary event.

In addition to these updates, they will continue to update the scratch, improve existing features, and fix bugs like they always do. In the summer, they will introduce yet another new system update, and provide measures to improve the game for starting players.http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-star-online-2-abducted-and-cloned/

Z-0
Dec 27, 2012, 01:09 PM
Advanced Quests, finally.

Zyrusticae
Dec 27, 2012, 01:11 PM
Haha oh god. THIS is why they've allowed us to become so broken.

Imagine if this was in PSU...STORM OF JABROGA
Not gonna lie... I burst out laughing at this one.

The mental image is just priceless.

Btw, weak bullet + chain trigger aren't going to be all that interesting, I imagine. Remember that we've got moon atomizers so once they've blown their load they're pretty much easy pickings.

I'm most worried about forces and techers. Grants spam, anyone?! (OHGAWD)

Saffran
Dec 27, 2012, 01:37 PM
I wouldn't worry about the clones. If the forces use Razonde like "Rupika" or Gigrants like Marloo, they probably will never land a hit anyway. Sabarta is a problem though.

Alenoir
Dec 27, 2012, 01:40 PM
I wouldn't worry about the clones. If the forces use Razonde like "Rupika" or Gigrants like Marloo, they probably will never land a hit anyway. Sabarta is a problem though.

One of the clones were using Zan. Ahh the all mighty Zan. This is gonna be a pain.

Jakosifer
Dec 27, 2012, 01:42 PM
Getting hit point blank by Zan would be a pita, but I'm more worried about Panic Boosted Grants. e_e

yoshiblue
Dec 27, 2012, 01:43 PM
Didn't think I would be right about having parallel clones. Now they just need comments based on the personality you chose.

Zyrusticae
Dec 27, 2012, 01:47 PM
Didn't think I would be right about having parallel clones. Now they just need comments based on the personality you chose.
Did you miss the part where they said they also copy your autowords?

Anduril
Dec 27, 2012, 01:48 PM
My clone is going to be the quietest clone of all, and probably a better shot than me. Other than that, really looking forward to this update.

yoshiblue
Dec 27, 2012, 01:49 PM
Auto words are nice but I mean quotes of randomness they can provide. Don't you have 3 slots of different personality choices and all those options? Each with the potential to make your person someone totally different?

NoiseHERO
Dec 27, 2012, 01:52 PM
" This system update should help make it easier to obtain some of those rare items you’ve been clamoring for."

No Sakai, fix the real drop rates first.

Zyrusticae
Dec 27, 2012, 01:52 PM
Ah. Well, those personality choices only change the combat behavior of your NPC. It seems to me that it is the players' responsibility to create good quotes and such.

Though it would be nice to throw in a few clone-specific lines, I suppose...

Alenoir
Dec 27, 2012, 01:59 PM
Blog also mentions that all the cloned Arks have something in common, but Sakai wouldn't say what and want you to find out yourself.

Also something totally not important, but:
[spoiler-box]Why still refer to us as Arkz? It's Artificial Relict to Keep Species, after all.[/spoiler-box]

Saffran
Dec 27, 2012, 02:18 PM
Alenoir > Seeing how we seem to kill everything in sight, the Z is probably standing for Zilch.

Syklo
Dec 31, 2012, 07:24 AM
Wait so........if you are unable to return to your campship and you die alone......

what happens?

Alenoir
Dec 31, 2012, 07:31 AM
@Saffran

...That actually makes sense. Damn. xD

Wait so........if you are unable to return to your campship and you die alone......

what happens?

You fail the quest, gets returned to lobby or something, and nothing happens.

Syklo
Dec 31, 2012, 07:39 AM
@Saffran

...That actually makes sense. Damn. xD

You fail the quest, gets returned to lobby or something, and nothing happens.
And this is what doesn't make sense.
You cannot return to campship, but you can go back to the arks lobby as if nothing happens?

Just like "abandoning quest"?
dafuq is this.
Unless shion's responsible, that makes sense.

Kirine
Dec 31, 2012, 07:44 AM
So are those new twin guns or new twin guns from pyro weapons?

If so, good bye lamda arevis.

Alenoir
Dec 31, 2012, 07:57 AM
So are those new twin guns or new twin guns from pyro weapons?

If so, good bye lamda arevis.

10* grinding says "Hi". ;_;

Kirine
Dec 31, 2012, 09:31 AM
10* grinding says "Hi". ;_;

I am willing to risk 10* grinding if it means I can ditch the lamda arevis... seriously...

Enforcer MKV
Dec 31, 2012, 01:34 PM
Oh, look at that...a rifle that actually looks good to me. I...I might be stupid and try to find that thing...