PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 I can't play PSO2 anymore -- For the Time Being

Jkid
Dec 28, 2012, 11:17 PM
PSO2 has been a wonderful game for me. As a veteran of the original PSO and PSO version 2 it's what PSO should have become and it delivered so much more in gameplay,music ,and atmosphere. Sadly I can't continue on: Not because of a IP Block, nor due to connection issues, but due to the game software itself.

A few hours ago I launched PSO2 only to see a blue screen of death. the computer then rebooted itself and when I logged in I got a black screen of death. I had to run both system restore and system repair to get my computer back to normal.

Every other game was OK, except for PSO2 it's possibly a combination of gameguard and/or the system manages the graphics card (current graphics card is the GT 550ti). I'm not in the mood to deal with the problem and make my video card worse or my computer worse. Besides I need a break from the game anyway.

I was hoping to get my Gunner to level 30 after hours playtime today, but that will won't happen anytime soon. Until I get a more powerful computer to play PSO2 or any powerful game, I, Jkid , is on vacation leave from the ARKS Space Allied Force.

(Until I at least got a job with income to buy a new computer)

Crystal_Shard
Dec 28, 2012, 11:45 PM
There's always the Vita option. :3 It's certainly cheaper than a full scale PC upgrade.

Jkid
Dec 28, 2012, 11:54 PM
That's if I can buy one and get a job. At least I got on video of me fighting dark falz elder.

(And other games at my backlog, and a project yet to be finished.)

SisterPrincess
Dec 28, 2012, 11:55 PM
Careful, before trying Vita version, can you take the risk of...

30 fps?
no 12 mpa?
no access to PC server?
potentially more lag?
need to register PSN first?
less enemies on screen?

Zorafim
Dec 29, 2012, 12:09 AM
You might have to try repatching, or at worst reinstalling. I doubt the game just can't run on your hardware.

blace
Dec 29, 2012, 12:13 AM
Careful, before trying Vita version, can you take the risk of...

30 fps?
no 12 mpa?
no access to PC server?
potentially more lag?
less enemies on screen?

Can the PC version of PSO2 do this?
[spoiler-box]http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/PSVita.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Jkid
Dec 29, 2012, 12:14 AM
You might have to try repatching, or at worst reinstalling. I doubt the game just can't run on your hardware.

I also thought of doing that, but I'm not redownloading 20 gigs of data again for a long time. The main issue is Gameguard, which by reading the support forum of this site the current 12/18 patch is causing the same problems I'm having.

SolRiver
Dec 29, 2012, 12:50 AM
I had similar issue before. Launch pso2, select character, load, blue screen, computer have issue restarting unless I full power down.

I fixed it by wiping my graphic driver COMPLETELY and reinstall the driver clean. With the assist from "driver checker" (to check which driver might be outdated) and "driver fusion" (to wipe driver completely).

Yunfa
Dec 29, 2012, 02:28 AM
If your desktop is relatively new and don't have the money to fork over 700$, these are what you should be looking at.

Clean your heat sink and apply new thermal paste.
Check your RAM sticks are in good condition, bad RAM sticks will give you BSOD.
Finally, software related issues such as drivers and such.

Jkid
Dec 29, 2012, 04:01 AM
Solriver and yunfa, the problem is more specific. When I launched the game and after gameguard does its thing the system bsod with a error message that says "a critical function of windows has shut down" . System reboots, I get a black screen and nothing else.

Somehow gameguard decided that one of windows functions is a hack and proceeded to not only disable it, but delete the function and somehow rewrite the registry in such a way that I have to use system restore to repair the system. Yeah, gameguard somehow screwed windows up, and it happened before in a soft way when I launched PSO 2 and when gameguard booted up two important windows tasks got killed.

Sega knows gameguard sucks and is risking a backlash in the long run.

Alenoir
Dec 29, 2012, 04:10 AM
no 12 mpa?
no access to PC server?
potentially more lag?
less enemies on screen?

- 12 person MPA have been confirmed all over the place.
- Vita version shares the same server as the PC version, just using different blocks (that PC players can visit).
- If your wifi is bad, then yeah. :T
- It's not hard. There are tutorials about it if you search.
- Smaller maps, too. Which is a good thing by the way, if you're rushing for boss kills.

Courina
Dec 29, 2012, 05:00 AM
isnt using jp psn account only for beta test...? i heard you can use your pc account to enter with vita later after it full launch

and ...
BSOD / self reset ussualy blamed to gameguard that blacklisting something in your process list, ussualy another protect (happen to me with keytech guard), or some programs that chained /hooked to other .
can you try run PSO2 with very minimum programs? turn off any unessesary active and background process using task manager or any process viewer.
or if you not sure what you doing with task manager ,try using game booster.

also, if any, try turn off your graphic controller programs such ATI Catalyst. might also conflicted with gameguard.

Gama
Dec 29, 2012, 09:05 AM
whats your antivirus.

Jkid
Dec 29, 2012, 10:58 AM
OK, have a bit of a update. I removed everything that does not have to do with gaming whatsoever from the task manager except for McAfee despite being inactivated. Guess what, it's actually working (for the time being). I have no doubt of how GameGuard works: If anything conflicts with program in anyway - It will try to screw you over - even harmless applications or task bar apps.

It seems like the only way to prevent any conflicts with gameguard is to remove everything that you do not need, and when you are done with the program, log out of the game and windows completely.

In my case, since PSO2 is so intense that it actually gives my graphics card a workout, I'm going have to put it to sleep or turn it off once a week to cool the card down.

It's terrible because most Western online games do not have this problem, and I can run multiple applications on western games without any problems, even run a simple mp4 video. But not with PSO2 or anything with Gameguard because it's really finicky.

FacelessRed
Dec 29, 2012, 11:24 AM
I'm glad you are making progress on the problem. troubleshooting is a pain in the ass but you will eventually find the issue. and welcome back to PSO2 ;P

My experience with game-guard has also been a rather nasty one. but not regarding PSO2. the reason why over-seas based games get issues is simply because our operating system is different hex/binary wise in some areas. and the sudden change can cause incompatability. Also we use PC's and get a lot of crap on our system without knowing. and thus making a PC user ned to pay close attention to any new destinations online or software updates we get.