PDA

View Full Version : About Parallel Worlds

SociableTyrannosaur
Dec 29, 2012, 05:34 PM
Ok so I know that the teleporter is yellow and says ??? in its destination. As I understand it, the teleporter only appears in single party areas. So if all that is true, here are my questions (because I've never seen one).

Can they appear in the areas with boss teleporters? Like is it possible to find them in freefields since the only single party areas there are the boss areas?

Is there only one parallel area per planet? So if I did run Dagan Extermination, would Rogbelts and rare Fangs spawn too? or is it like only rare monsters that can appear in the normal mission have a chance to appear?

Is there an audible way to tell the teleporter has spawned?

Anything else I should know about them?

Thanks all.

Ezodagrom
Dec 29, 2012, 05:39 PM
Ok so I know that the teleporter is yellow and says ??? in its destination. As I understand it, the teleporter only appears in single party areas. So if all that is true, here are my questions (because I've never seen one).

Can they appear in the areas with boss teleporters? Like is it possible to find them in freefields since the only single party areas there are the boss areas?
No, they can't appear in the boss teleport area.

Is there only one parallel area per planet? So if I did run Dagan Extermination, would Rogbelts and rare Fangs spawn too? or is it like only rare monsters that can appear in the normal mission have a chance to appear?

I never seen one myself too, so I can't answer these questions.

Thanks all.
Most likely you already know, but they only appear in very hard mode. ^^;

Bellion
Dec 29, 2012, 05:42 PM
A parallel area is not limited to the planet you find them in. For example, I've found the Snow Bantha pairs in a Mine area.

gigawuts
Dec 29, 2012, 05:46 PM
It's a rainbow teleporter. It cycles through every color.

I've found one so far, out of lots of SPA's checked during random other questing. There was a kind of victory jingle, but only after I passed the room and got about one room away. I figured, well, I hadn't heard that sound before, and there was supposedly a new sound for finding para teleporters, so I checked the whole map. If it hadn't given that tone I'd have forgotten to check the entire SPA, as I was solo and rushing.

I wound up getting 10 shignoblues and 2 tranzexias while solo, in a city parallel map, from a caves quest (catadran extermination or whatever it's called).

FacelessRed
Dec 29, 2012, 05:48 PM
I unfortunately got Crys Draal, That randomly obliterated me inside the tiny fighting space I had. But thanks for the info, I will try to keep an ear out / eye out for more in the future.

Heat Haze
Dec 29, 2012, 05:49 PM

Thanks all.

The Parallel Area Teleporter is, quite literally, a rainbow telepipe (Color changing, screenshots don't help with that at all) marked "????" when you find it.

They can appear in areas with Boss Teleporters. I've found one myself in Wolgahda Extermination, Area 1.

When you find a Parallel Teleporter, you're warped to a parallel area at random. Tundra, Forest, or City Parallel. Depending on the parallel you end up in, it determines the kind of enemies you'll see. Personally speaking, during Xmas quest I've been to all 3 areas. I am unsure if certain areas can/can't have access to certain parallels, haven't found that many to make a positive note.

It also plays a funny victory fanfare jingle when you find it; like you just struck 777 in a slot machine. I've heard there was bugs about this though, as sometimes it doesn't play. I can't confirm this.

Oh, and you can't find them at all in Free Field Exploration quests.

.Jack
Dec 29, 2012, 06:00 PM
I've seen 3 of these so far and it'll take you to any random place no matter where you find it. I personally like to farm this in Subdue Catadra'n VH for a chance at parallel and Burn Draal.

1st. 10x Dahgash Nero & 1 Agrani

2nd. 10x Mi Micda & 1 Rigshrayda

3rd. 1 Catadraal & 1 Burn Draal

SociableTyrannosaur
Dec 29, 2012, 06:02 PM
Ezodagrom answered the part about boss teleporters. I meant area 3 where the boss teleporter actually resides, not quests that have bosses.

BIG OLAF
Dec 29, 2012, 06:04 PM
There was a kind of victory jingle, but only after I passed the room and got about one room away.

Wait, was there? I heard some kind of musical ditty in the same mission I found my parallel teleporter in today, too...

It never even occurred to me.

Silver_Wyrm
Dec 29, 2012, 10:21 PM
what I hate is I want to look for one while questing but most quests are all MPA as well -_-

also, if I find one, is nothing stopping me from waiting and inviting my friends to come join in too?

gigawuts
Dec 29, 2012, 10:23 PM
what I hate is I want to look for one while questing but most quests are all MPA as well -_-

also, if I find one, is nothing stopping me from waiting and inviting my friends to come join in too?

I didn't try it, but I don't think anything would stop you.

I have a question regarding dying in the para, though. Can you die as the only player, and then go to the campship and go back in? Also, can you invite other players to join after you activate the para?

.Jack
Dec 29, 2012, 11:05 PM
I have a question regarding dying in the para, though. Can you die as the only player, and then go to the campship and go back in?

No. It's game over if you die soloing.

Syklo
Dec 29, 2012, 11:18 PM
No. It's game over if you die soloing.
even if you plant a telepipe in the para?

Ezodagrom
Dec 29, 2012, 11:37 PM
even if you plant a telepipe in the para?
If I'm not mistaken, you can't use telepipes in a parallel area.

Syklo
Dec 29, 2012, 11:49 PM
If I'm not mistaken, you can't use telepipes in a parallel area.
oh....well i guess that glitch got fixed then.

Opy
Jan 2, 2013, 11:56 AM
Just for the record
I got a one with rare rappies (20)
quest experience reward was 900ish and meseta reward was 500ish

i was doing the first floating islands quest.

Seravi Edalborez
Jan 2, 2013, 12:11 PM
Re: audio cue.

Found first parallel yesterday in area 1 of a city EQ (Urban mopup). Heard a very strange "bing bing bong" tone and just explored the whole map and found it. Basically if you hear a sound you've never heard before, start looking around. Wish I'd been recording when I heard it.

Edit: I guess for the record: Rappy x20

Dana
Jan 2, 2013, 01:38 PM
What are the confirmed areas they can appear in?

Wolgahda extermination Area 1
Floating Island Quest 1
Dagan Extermination Forest area 1

What are the others?

Eman2417
Jan 2, 2013, 02:23 PM
Can confirm area 1 of subdue caterdan.

MetalDude
Jan 2, 2013, 02:44 PM
The JP Wiki confirmed that any Single Party Area outside of boss rooms can have a portal appear in it. This means no free exploration quests can have portals in them. Any area 1 in Arks Quests can spawn portals.

Opy
Jan 2, 2013, 02:45 PM
does anyone know if you can see the warp on the map?

I took a picture but i might be standing too close to tell:

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b40/Opythia/PSO2/pso20121231_201719_000_zpsdbb70337.jpg

Here is a picture of the start of the rappy quest:

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b40/Opythia/PSO2/pso20121231_201804_002_zps92b2bba0.jpg