PDA

View Full Version : every single time falz is announced

Silver_Wyrm
Dec 30, 2012, 01:53 AM
I am at the very end of amu VH TACO, then they all log in at the exact same time and I dc and lose 100k, often times in middle of the dragon fight... thi s seriously only happens when I am doing tacos though, its so frustrating, I really wish we had a chance to reconnect instead of simply being kicked from any and everything (isnt that like, 10 years ago?)

Does anyone else get these problems? Is there anything at all I could try do about this?

UnLucky
Dec 30, 2012, 01:59 AM
Even in the empty channels? All that happens for me is a bit of lag in the crowded ones.

That, and any MP dissolves and I have to find something else to do for an hour.

Don't have a shop, so Falz fight is useless to me.

Z-0
Dec 30, 2012, 02:03 AM
I wish Falz would stop popping up because he always decides to attack when I get something started, and everyone wants to do Falz. >_>

Just got a Nab TA team going and then Falz attacks just after we start the first run, sigh. Got 3:59 with a bad run I wanted to improve but nooo, Falz it is. :/

Silver_Wyrm
Dec 30, 2012, 02:09 AM
I wish Falz would stop popping up because he always decides to attack when I get something started, and everyone wants to do Falz. >_>

Just got a Nab TA team going and then Falz attacks just after we start the first run, sigh. Got 3:59 with a bad run I wanted to improve but nooo, Falz it is. :/

then he showers you with meseta and you wonder why you broke off everything/got dc'd from ta's in order to get a little pocket change

Seravi Edalborez
Dec 30, 2012, 02:11 AM
Even in the empty channels? All that happens for me is a bit of lag in the crowded ones.

That, and any MP dissolves and I have to find something else to do for an hour.

Don't have a shop, so Falz fight is useless to me.

Free excubes and a buttload of EXP are reason enough for me.

Edit: That is, the EXP from multiple quick Arms fights is not insignificant at ~10k a pop.

plasism
Dec 30, 2012, 02:12 AM
That happened to me last night T T

Silver_Wyrm
Dec 30, 2012, 02:15 AM
That happened to me last night T T

try every to every other night, without fail. The meseta rings are just insult to injury

also, 1 excube every 7-8 falz kills is nice but not worth constantly losing my tas or amazing mpa maps over, but everyone leaves anyways

edit: I would enjoy it more if it was less often but higher drop rates in return (made so the weekly turn out would be about the same) I have a feeling that wont happen though.

Alenoir
Dec 30, 2012, 04:32 AM
Don't expect any normal schedule 'till after the new year. (http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=727)

Ce'Nedra
Dec 30, 2012, 06:57 AM
try every to every other night, without fail. The meseta rings are just insult to injury

also, 1 excube every 7-8 falz kills is nice but not worth constantly losing my tas or amazing mpa maps over, but everyone leaves anyways

This happends with any EM not just Falz. It annoys me as well when I have a "godlike" MPA going on and then a EM spawns and kills it. Specially if said EM turns out to be caves or something >_>

Inazuma
Dec 30, 2012, 01:36 PM
This bothers me too. I will be in the middle of doing something such as MPA and then emergency quest comes and everyone leaves. We have an emergency quest every few hours so it's very difficult to do a long MPA.

This is especially bad after spending an hour searching for a good map -_-

Gama
Dec 30, 2012, 01:48 PM

i dont want falz, sorry he isnt even my type.

joking aside

i find falz a boring boss with lots of hp and rewards, but not so fun to play...

Seravi Edalborez
Dec 30, 2012, 01:56 PM
Don't MPAs stop spawning enemies after 3.5/4 hours anyways?

DS23
Dec 30, 2012, 01:57 PM
MPAs stop letting people in after 2.5 hours and stop spawning enemies after 3 IIRC, yes.

Alenoir
Dec 30, 2012, 02:14 PM
i find falz a boring boss with lots of hp and rewards, but not so fun to play...

Getting all of Falz's arms down is another story all together, though. It often requires people to know what they're doing.

Seravi Edalborez
Dec 30, 2012, 02:31 PM
Maybe I haven't been in a stellar MPA yet. Falz just seems somewhat worth the time investment. Not considering rares:

+An on-point group can be in and out of arms fights in ~2 minutes. Potential ~150k exp in 30 minutes. More generously (in/out in 3min) ~100k.
+Falz meseta circle worth a decent amount and each crystal is essentially 1/20th (60k EXP) progress towards an excube.
~You're probably already on a populated block if you were doing a VH MPA.
-Not fulfilling COs
-Have to retry MPA for good map afterwards

*shrug*

Z-0
Dec 30, 2012, 03:06 PM
Once you've fought Falz like 30+ times, he's not so fun. Most people I know are "bored" of him, but they only play because Arms gives great EXP and Falz drops quite a few of the best items in the game (which I highly disagree with, I want to be able to farm for my items, not wait for an EQ to pop up).

MPAs aren't much better either, as they are terribly boring. Only very good MPAs hold my interest, but even after a while, I feel like quitting.

Falz would be far nicer if he basically dropped some ubers that you could get elsewhere, but with a higher rate. I really dislike the whole idea of Emergency Quest only rares, as the only thing you CAN do is be lucky, as you can't put any sort of effort into hunting something. I want to find myself a Psycho Wand and Flame Visit, but I can't even get online to look for them. Other items don't interest me since they're there. I'm not expecting them to drop any time soon, but just being able to know I can find it playing any hour of the day would be nice.

Kind of a rant that's marginally off topic, but I had to say it somewhere. >_>

Eman2417
Dec 30, 2012, 03:09 PM
I'd rather fight falz then sit in an mpa.
But back on topic, I only experience lag issues, never had an actual dc.

gravityvx
Dec 30, 2012, 03:29 PM
Sounds like it's working as intended, gives an alternative activity to do to change the pace for a little while whether some people like it not I think emergencies are one of the things they got right.

Seraphus
Dec 30, 2012, 04:01 PM
It's not like EQ's/announcements pop up at random minutes...

ShinMaruku
Dec 30, 2012, 04:06 PM
This is the risk you run when you grind in a game where the gridning depends on other people.
Me I have no issue with this because Falz is always profitable. That and I solo my TAs. :P

Silver_Wyrm
Dec 30, 2012, 11:38 PM
for once I am thankful for the meseta ring..I dc'd right after they broke stone, if there was a rare I mighta cried

otaku998
Dec 31, 2012, 12:05 AM
I don't even care about the rares in the EQ, i go into it because of the atmosphere, the bgm, the exp and probably to see people actually work together to beat a boss and not swarming at em like in MPAs.

If anything, like most people said, this EQ guaranteed good exp and money.

Coatl
Dec 31, 2012, 06:01 AM
Just got my elder rod after my friends have gotten it thrice.
I am not the least bit upset at Falz. >:

Heat Haze
Dec 31, 2012, 06:12 AM
Falz is nice, the EXP is always good. It does become apparent how severe the scaling is if you're under level 45.

That said, my god people. Do Falz right. Shock, break top arms. Break rest of the arms, leave unbreakable arms alone. Stop WBing the core. Not that this is directed to anyone in particular. People in general get this right, just a few bad apples (or uninformed apples, anyway).

Coatl
Dec 31, 2012, 06:21 AM
Falz is nice, the EXP is always good. It does become apparent how severe the scaling is if you're under level 45.

That said, my god people. Do Falz right. Shock, break top arms. Break rest of the arms, leave unbreakable arms alone. Stop WBing the core. Not that this is directed to anyone in particular. People in general get this right, just a few bad apples (or uninformed apples, anyway).

Damn, what lobby are you in? Even lobby 20 is doing it right.
I've never seen anyone WB the core and I assure you if someone did the whole MP would be in dismay.

Heat Haze
Dec 31, 2012, 06:23 AM
Damn, what lobby are you in? Even lobby 20 is doing it right.

Whatever lobby isn't full. Most parties get it right. However, there was this one party I was in where some person kept WBing the core. In fact, I wasn't even fighting Falz. More like I was fighting this person in trying to direct the WBs to wherever they had to go.

Needless to say, whenever said person died no one at all revived him.

Too bad he'd just jump to campship and come back.

Silver_Wyrm
Dec 31, 2012, 06:24 AM
currently busy logging back in for the umpteenth time..I dont get it, my net is fine

Coatl
Dec 31, 2012, 06:26 AM
Whatever lobby isn't full. Most parties get it right. However, there was this one party I was in where some person kept WBing the core. In fact, I wasn't even fighting Falz. More like I was fighting this person in trying to direct the WBs to wherever they had to go.

Needless to say, whenever said person died no one at all revived him.

Too bad he'd just jump to campship and come back.

Sounds to me like he was a scumbag Wicked user and deserved to not be reved.
I am happy when there are moments in PSO2 where there is group coordination to defeat true evil. :v

Xaeris
Dec 31, 2012, 06:32 AM
While we're on the subject, what part of Falz do you have to hit to cause Shock? I have Shock III on my mechs, and I just wail away on the arms and hope for the best, but it doesn't proc very often, so I'm thinking maybe I should shoot the core with normal attacks or something.

UnLucky
Dec 31, 2012, 06:32 AM
I weak bulleted the core once when a buncha arms were already dead and like five melee types were at the ledge bashing it in

woulda been wasted anyway cause my only rifle is a flower arrangement

Heat Haze
Dec 31, 2012, 06:49 AM
While we're on the subject, what part of Falz do you have to hit to cause Shock? I have Shock III on my mechs, and I just wail away on the arms and hope for the best, but it doesn't proc very often, so I'm thinking maybe I should shoot the core with normal attacks or something.

I'm under the impression hitting any part of Falz causes Shock. I've hit exposed joints, the core, and the arm (when not extended) with Sazonde and Shock seems to proc enough.

That said, once Falz arms regrow it is much harder to Shock; but it isn't impossible.

Alenoir
Dec 31, 2012, 07:10 AM

Any parts, supposedly. If your MPA is aiming for max arm break, aim for the non-extended arms. That does the least damage to him.

Note that every time he is shocked, his shock resistance increases. I believe you only have up to 6 chances. (At least, 6 was the most I've seen pulled off.)

Syklo
Maybe I haven't been in a stellar MPA yet. Falz just seems somewhat worth the time investment. Not considering rares:

+Falz meseta circle worth a decent amount and each crystal is essentially 1/20th (60k EXP) progress towards an excube.

*shrug*
Each CRYSTAL?

Im confused; explain, please.

Once you've fought Falz like 30+ times, he's not so fun. Most people I know are "bored" of him, but they only play because Arms gives great EXP and Falz drops quite a few of the best items in the game (which I highly disagree with, I want to be able to farm for my items, not wait for an EQ to pop up).

MPAs aren't much better either, as they are terribly boring. Only very good MPAs hold my interest, but even after a while, I feel like quitting.

Falz would be far nicer if he basically dropped some ubers that you could get elsewhere, but with a higher rate. I really dislike the whole idea of Emergency Quest only rares, as the only thing you CAN do is be lucky, as you can't put any sort of effort into hunting something. I want to find myself a Psycho Wand and Flame Visit, but I can't even get online to look for them. Other items don't interest me since they're there. I'm not expecting them to drop any time soon, but just being able to know I can find it playing any hour of the day would be nice.

Kind of a rant that's marginally off topic, but I had to say it somewhere. >_>
I SOMEWHAT agree with this, but i still participate, and I will continue to do so until I get that bloody elysion (before another easier, all-class wand shows up)

I don't even care about the rares in the EQ, i go into it because of the atmosphere, the bgm, the exp and probably to see people actually work together to beat a boss and not swarming at em like in MPAs.

If anything, like most people said, this EQ guaranteed good exp and money.
This too.

whoa whoa whoa wait
there are unbreakable arms?

Which ones are those?????

jooozek
Actually, there is apparently a limit of 5 times that phallus can be shocked. You can't shock him more than that so save it for the second phase and the hands that he never puts on the ground.

Alenoir
Dec 31, 2012, 07:15 AM
Nope, the 5 time thing came from that Nico Nico video that was explaining which parts can be broken. I've been counting shocks during my MPAs (since half the times I play as that Sazonde FO), 6 was the max.

Syklo
Dec 31, 2012, 07:15 AM
While on the subject of falz shocking, there was this really weird animation I saw him do in phase 2 (both laser arms broken and 2 lower arms broken).

I'm not sure if this is what happened, but while he was in his "shock" animation, he got shocked again and then his arms went all the way to the sides.....like an octopus.

Also I've seen hiim get shocked ~7-8 times max.

EDIT: I rather not watch the video so, which arms aren't breakable...?

Alenoir
Dec 31, 2012, 07:21 AM
While on the subject of falz shocking, there was this really weird animation I saw him do in phase 2 (both laser arms broken and 2 lower arms broken).

I'm not sure if this is what happened, but while he was in his "shock" animation, he got shocked again and then his arms went all the way to the sides.....like an octopus.

Also I've seen hiim get shocked ~7-8 times max.

What some Japanese players theorized was that each time he gets shocked, he gains 0.5 shock resistance. So for the first 2 shocks you can shock him with Shock I, second 2 Shock II, the 5th and 6th Shock III, etc. I'm not really sure how status effect works in this game, so not really sure.

And yeah I've gotten into situations where he goes all over the place for us with the double shock. That one supposedly also increases his shock resistance, so that's like, chance wasted. :<

EDIT: I rather not watch the video so, which arms aren't breakable...?

The bottom two arms on both phases can NEVER be broken. It's easy on the first phase because those are the "core" guards and you leave them alone, but on the second phase, you'd need to know the positioning of the 3 lower arms to not deal excessive damage to him.

Syklo
Dec 31, 2012, 07:26 AM
Yeah, I'd really like to know whether status effect levels on weapons determine probability, potency/duration or both.

Piddle
Dec 31, 2012, 07:27 AM
There's mini illustrations of the location of his arms during his attacks here as well
http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%83%80%E3%83%BC%E3%82%AF%E3%83%95%E3% 82%A1%E3%83%AB%E3%82%B9%E3%83%BB%E3%82%A8%E3%83%AB %E3%83%80%E3%83%BC
The red arm being the unbreakable lower arms

Alenoir
Dec 31, 2012, 07:30 AM
Yeah, I'd really like to know whether status effect levels on weapons determine probability, potency/duration or both.

Until someone have the balls to make a Shock V and test it a few times, we will never know. ._. Only 30% success chance to make a Shock V with 3 Shock IVs.

Kirine
Dec 31, 2012, 07:34 AM
So the lowest arm on falz, aka the arms he has enclosed on his core at stage 1 is unbreakable... I've had that suspicion.

gigawuts
Dec 31, 2012, 07:37 AM
I'm pretty sure I saw one break on my first falz, since nobody knew what to do so we all went at the same arm, but I could have just not realized he was changing phases.

Alenoir
Dec 31, 2012, 07:38 AM
Yeah, if you're with a group of people that knows what they are doing, they will never attack that last arm during phase 2 because it's the lower arm.

And yeah, it's been tested and whatnot, the lowest arms can't be broken.

Generally, if you ignore the 2 top arms during the first phase, by the time you get the 8 arms in the second phase, Hilda will pop up and tell you Falz is about dead. That's when you go all out and kick him in the core.

Mysterious-G
Dec 31, 2012, 07:40 AM
The arms he uses to clench his fists in front of his core are unbreakable; they are the same arms that use to grab the platform occasionally as well, so people should not attack them nor the core at all. Once he gains additional arms it can become kind of difficult to spot those two arms at times, but paying a little bit of attention to where they come from is enough to tell them apart from the rest.

I explain this to every mpa I happen to fight Falz with. And while I had some success with it, most people tend to ignore my instructions completely, attacking the core and those two arms without restraint. Plenty enough reason for me to jump on Japanese blocks for the EQ.

I tell people that one can finish the fight with 10 minutes to spare - or with a few less and a crapton more drops, instead. But hey, who would want that, right?

Rende
Dec 31, 2012, 07:44 AM
do it with japanese people, and u will see that everyone cooperates and knows what to do like goign which direction first etc.

Coatl
Jan 1, 2013, 02:34 AM
After countless Falz battles I can firmly say that Falz can only be shocked a grand total of 5 times before he gains immunity.

Seravi Edalborez
Jan 1, 2013, 02:43 AM
Each CRYSTAL?

Im confused; explain, please.

The Iritista stone things. Crystal or stone seemed like better shorthand. *shrug*

On the note of hands/phases, anyone ever broken more than 4 arms in phase 1, or rather all 6? Seems like he always shifts to phase 2 when 4 break, whatever the combination of "mid" or "upper" arms. Maybe it's just that it happens to be enough damage to make him shift. *shrug*

Syklo
Jan 1, 2013, 02:59 AM
The Iritista stone things. Crystal or stone seemed like better shorthand. *shrug*

On the note of hands/phases, anyone ever broken more than 4 arms in phase 1, or rather all 6? Seems like he always shifts to phase 2 when 4 break, whatever the combination of "mid" or "upper" arms. Maybe it's just that it happens to be enough damage to make him shift. *shrug*
Most i've broken on phase 1 is 5.

One laser arm left in tact (badum-tch!)
It's not really damage, it's more that breaking those 4 makes him unable to attack with his arms (excluding lasers)

Alenoir
Jan 1, 2013, 03:16 AM

Yes (http://i.imgur.com/tPRqV.jpg), but he didn't had enough HP to last for us to break the last top arm(s) during the second phase. Falz enter phase 2 in one of the two conditions: 1. When 4 or more of his arms are broken off, or 2. When he is at 50% HP.

Didn't have any chance to count how many shocks he can withstand lately. I've been playing with people that's very efficient on arm breaking and we usually only needed 4 or 5 shocks to break everything. Man, feels good to be able to charge directly at his core.

Silver_Wyrm
Jan 1, 2013, 03:23 AM
5 shocks max Im pretty sure

Daiyousei
Jan 1, 2013, 12:14 PM
I've seen more, he just gets progressively harder to do so with each shock, 5 times is pretty common. In a sense, it'll get to a point when he becomes virtually immune. And yea, Japanese players and English players who play on Japanese blocks really know what they're doing, and actively try to break all arms, some even discuss the strategy before going through the teleporter. It's entirely possible to get Falz to have nothing left but the unbreakable ones with still a good chunk of HP left, provided your shock chances are nice. I've had a run where Falz was only shocked twice, no mattter how many Sazondes were thrown at it, a lot of valuable HP was lost from just trying to shock.

Also the runs I've had where everything was broken players were breaking the other 4 arms first, to quickly force him into the second phase, and saving the shock resistance for when he has more arms.

Eman2417
Jan 1, 2013, 02:15 PM
Yeah you should not try to shock falz in phase 1, focus on the lower arms.
When he regrows teh arms ( phase 2 ) you use shock.
I've seen plenty more then 5 shocks in a game. The rumor is that if you shock him in phase 1 the chances are considerably lower in phase 2.

Silver_Wyrm
Jan 1, 2013, 02:18 PM
Yeah you should not try to shock falz in phase 1, focus on the lower arms.
When he regrows teh arms ( phase 2 ) you use shock.
I've seen plenty more then 5 shocks in a game. The rumor is that if you shock him in phase 1 the chances are considerably lower in phase 2.

I've been counting lately and I haven't yet seen more than 5, and if we go 4 the 5th typically takes a long time.

Note to rangers, when he goes into shock, please pay attention to how many people are on your side, switching WB when you are alone or almost alone to your side can really hurt the process.

Coatl
Jan 1, 2013, 02:18 PM
I don't think you should use shock AT ALL until you break all the easily breakable arms in phase 2 first.
When you NEED to shock him to break the rest of the arms, that's when you do it.

I've been counting lately and I haven't yet seen more than 5, and if we go 4 the 5th typically takes a long time.

Note to rangers, when he goes into shock, please pay attention to how many people are on your side, switching WB when you are alone or almost alone to your side can really hurt the process.

I think the general rule is "left takes priority" as in if you were to pick a side, left would be it. But if the only option was right, you'd go right.
Most people communicate this in multiparties.

Alenoir
Jan 1, 2013, 02:43 PM
When he have all his arms in phase 2, that's when you throw Zonde at it and hope he gets shocked from it. When you're left with the unbreakable arms, getting him to shock will require manually aiming and praying one of your 300 damage Sazonde ticks will trigger a shock, that WILL take out more HP than you wanted.

Daiyousei
Jan 1, 2013, 07:54 PM

I always pay attention to which side most of the players are standing on, and then pay attention to the arms, and I weak bullet them as they fall, so I don't have to wade through hitbox hell of arms just to get to the arms that need to be broken. Some players prefer to break the other arms first before the top and extra pair just so it'd be easier to hit them when they're vulnerable. having all those arms lying on the platform pushes you around when you're trying to land hits.

Alenoir
Jan 1, 2013, 11:50 PM
Target lock does wonders for getting that one arm you want. If you're on WB duty, maybe TPS, too.

Eman2417
Jan 2, 2013, 12:01 AM
Target lock does wonders for getting that one arm you want. If you're on WB duty, maybe TPS, too.
The lock always unlocks when falz goes back to idle animation. Maybe I'm not close enough? idk but it always returned to normal.

Alenoir
Jan 2, 2013, 12:06 AM
The lock always unlocks when falz goes back to idle animation. Maybe I'm not close enough? idk but it always returned to normal.

Usually what I do is walk close to the arm, target lock (since it gives yellow target so you can tell what you're targetting), then tab if needed.

Melodys
Jan 4, 2013, 12:11 AM
Occasionally when I play gunner or ranger, I'm sometimes on WB duty for elder but that makes it hard for me to dodge his attacks, especially the arm extending ones. I've heard from a friend that there is a blind 'safe' spot in between the arms when you're standing at the back of the arena. Can someone clarify?

Daiyousei
Jan 4, 2013, 12:34 AM
Occasionally when I play gunner or ranger, I'm sometimes on WB duty for elder but that makes it hard for me to dodge his attacks, especially the arm extending ones. I've heard from a friend that there is a blind 'safe' spot in between the arms when you're standing at the back of the arena. Can someone clarify?

Anywhere between the arms is a safe spot, provided you are good at eyeballing where it is, but that's a worst case scenario, if possible, just run to the side of them and roll away for good measure (I find that it is only the palm and dark balls that shoot out that do the damage, anything behind that is safe). Falz is very easy to dodge and get to the blind spots up close, oddly, except for when he grabs the whole platform and sits down on his butt spike, run to the back and keep running for that. Last Falz I did I never got hit once.