PDA

View Full Version : Who is waiting for the US version? Anyone worried?

Pages : [1] 2

FO-RA-HUnightv
Dec 30, 2012, 05:48 AM
I know a while back I played PSO2 at E3 behind closed doors. And was really happy with it. I was told last year at the preview that it would be out this year. So I have been quietly playing my Japanes copy of PSO zero and waiting. But since as time goes on I fear the sega neglect will set in just like it did for the previous games. It might just be me, but I see signs of it from there facebook page.

Any thoughts on this.

SkyLx
Dec 30, 2012, 06:07 AM
SoA has my complete trust. If they fail, I'll just continue playing Japanese PSO2. Simple as that!

Tcrusader51
Dec 30, 2012, 06:12 AM
Though we still have some faith, many of us are worried. We were worried if Sega was going to make a US/EU release announcement. We are worried now if the game is going to be released in the time they said especially since there hasn't been any update. After release, we are still going to be worried to know exactly how far away content is going to be from us compared to JP along with also worrying about constant absence of items and events.

I hate to admit it but, right now, Sega isn't giving giving a good impression and unless now pop up with some really big news along with having more than just the beginning content from July 4 jp release then people's speculations aren't going to change.

So yea, I'm now just waiting for them so I can make a decision based on what they announce.

Laxedrane
Dec 30, 2012, 07:05 AM
SoA has my complete trust. If they fail, I'll just continue playing Japanese PSO2. Simple as that!

This minus the complete trust part. I just wish SoJ would make it easier for the English community or should I say non-Japanese community to buy AC.

Syklo
Dec 30, 2012, 07:24 AM
I know a while back I played PSO2 at E3 behind closed doors. And was really happy with it. I was told last year at the preview that it would be out this year. So I have been quietly playing my Japanes copy of PSO zero and waiting. But since as time goes on I fear the sega neglect will set in just like it did for the previous games. It might just be me, but I see signs of it from there facebook page.

Any thoughts on this.
PSO zero?

Er, anyway, it may be possible that SoA is researching ways to promote/advertise the franchise to those completely unfamiliar with it.
Heck, I never heard of phantasy star until PSZ came out for DS.
Ridiculous, but possible

And I have no idea how i found out, either a television Ad or something on google....

Vintasticvin
Dec 30, 2012, 07:26 AM
This minus the complete trust part. I just wish SoJ would make it easier for the English community or should I say non-Japanese community to buy AC.

And just as easy to download from server clients as well, there still people struggling to get the patches or installer DL'ed to their pc/laptops.

FO-RA-HUnightv
Dec 30, 2012, 08:02 AM
Well this is why sega does not own a console anymore.
They fail at the base level with there greatest ideas.
Nintendo learned. I wish sega did.

I just call Phantasy star Zero, PSO zero as that is what it really is.

Well I guess I will vanish in to the shadows again and just creep on the forums like i have been for the past 10 years. Peace out.

Ezodagrom
Dec 30, 2012, 08:08 AM
I stopped being worried about the english version, at this point I'm not sure if I even care about it.

UnLucky
Dec 30, 2012, 08:33 AM
Extremely skeptical here, but I'm still going to try it out with a bunch of people I know who either quit or avoided the JP version to wait for the EN release.

Ifrian-x
Dec 30, 2012, 09:53 AM
Trusting SOA to deal with a PSO game as it deserves is a bit like losing your wallet and hoping whoever finds it, gives it back with the money still inside.

Sure. there is a small chance of it happening, but 99% says you are going to come out of the situation empty handed and pennyless.

And yeah, there is always that family member that insists that you should be positive, that this time things will be diff and whoever finds said wallet will indeed respect you and give the money back, but no matter how much that family member insists, we all know itīs probably not going to happen.

P.D: I am probably gonna play the US version to some extent either way, since many of my friends want to try the game but refuse to play in the JP servers because of the hassle it entails.

Yunfa
Dec 30, 2012, 09:58 AM
Seeing how Block20 is, English servers will be GREAT!!! I can feel it!!! YES!

BIG OLAF
Dec 30, 2012, 10:00 AM
Anyone still 'patiently waiting' for the US/EU version may need to check themselves into a mental ward for some help.

it's (sort of) a joke, calm down

But no really, at this point, it's just not worth it. With not a shred of news whatsoever since the announcement, it's pretty goddamn clear how the US/EU version of PSO2 is going to be supported.

UnLucky
Dec 30, 2012, 10:58 AM
Seeing how Block20 is, English servers will be GREAT!!! I can feel it!!! YES!

Damn, 40 is full, I guess I'll head over to 36- that one too? How about 5? 11? Not doing the areas I want... Guess I'll log back on at :45.

Meta77
Dec 30, 2012, 12:01 PM
I am waiting and I will keep waiting. I want to support sega any way I can to get the US version off the ground

goldwing
Dec 30, 2012, 12:19 PM
Well im looking fowerd to it but i still cant help but feel like something will b missing :/

Sierhiet
Dec 30, 2012, 12:23 PM
Anyone still 'patiently waiting' for the US/EU version may need to check themselves into a mental ward for some help.

http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/free-rolleye-smileys-323.gif (http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/skype-emoticons.html)

Anyway, still patiently waiting.

We were literally starved of any new previews for the JP version following it's announcement. Spoon fed maybe some concept art, or a tidbit of data every few months, with nothing notable until we were dangerously close to closed beta and release, both having last minute or abrupt announcements, respectively. This did not dictate how well the game was handled in terms of service and content. Service / content has been superb (If your Japanese).

I expect the same trend for our localized version in terms of previews, if not more severe due to it being a foreign release. They could potentially not be to concerned with giving us any news because information on the title is so easily accessible due to the previous JP release through a standard google search or trip to PSOW.

With a release date so ambiguous as "Early 2013" this could really mean anytime within the first quarter of the year (January-March). With that said, I'll reserve my concern for the end of January / beginning of February.

Noc Codez
Dec 30, 2012, 12:27 PM
I stopped worrying about the US/EU PSO2 when I started playing on the JP server.. Being a PSO vet since dreamcast I already know how SOA will handle the servers.. They messed up every PS title they touched. Do you honestly think PSO2 will be any different? I'll be on JP servers and laugh when US/EU gets closed up in a year of release.

Ezodagrom
Dec 30, 2012, 12:38 PM
We were literally starved of any new previews for the JP version following it's announcement. Spoon fed maybe some concept art, or a tidbit of data every few months, with nothing notable until we were dangerously close to closed beta and release, both having last minute or abrupt announcements, respectively. This did not dictate how well the game was handled in terms of service and content. Service / content has been superb (If your Japanese).
That is not true, Sakai has been posting news about PSO2 every week or every few weeks in his blog since October 2011, months before the 2nd Alpha test.
There hasn't been any news at all about the english version, be it small or big, for over 3 months, and with the game being planned for early 2013, we're possibly somewhere between 1 to 4 months away from release.

Sierhiet
Dec 30, 2012, 12:47 PM
That is not true, Sakai has been posting news about PSO2 every week or every few weeks in his blog since October 2011, months before the 2nd Alpha test.
There hasn't been any news at all about the english version, be it small or big, for over 3 months, and with the game being planned for early 2013, we're somewhere between 1 to 4 months away from release.

The Sakai blogs reflected progress on the game's development. To be fair, we are well passed this stage with PSO2. Unless your proposing Sakai take up an entirely separate blog for progress on localization, for his foreign fans?

Ezodagrom
Dec 30, 2012, 12:52 PM
The Sakai blogs reflected progress on the game's development. To be fair, we are well passed this stage with PSO2. Unless your proposing Sakai take up an entirely separate blog for progress on localization, for his foreign fans?
No, but SoA should make use of their own blogs and the facebook page that they took control form SoJ to share news about the progress they've been making with the game.

Right now we have no idea how the english version will be, how much content will be available on launch, how the arks cash content will work out, how voice acting will be handled (like, if they'll keep the game with japanese voice acting, or keep the characters silent except for the bigger cutscenes), we don't even know if the english version will have any sort of public testing before release. This is the type of things that SoA should be sharing with us, instead of being completely silent.

BIG OLAF
Dec 30, 2012, 12:56 PM
A topic about the localized version of PSO2 shows up, and look what rears its head, as if on-cue.

The Walrus
Dec 30, 2012, 12:59 PM
Why can't we all just admit SoA is gonna fuck up again like they always do and go play on the JP servers like the cool kid rebels we all are?

MetalDude
Dec 30, 2012, 01:07 PM
Admit? Shit, I don't think anyone was holding anything back.

The Walrus
Dec 30, 2012, 01:13 PM
Well there are those kids who are waiting cause they think if they give SoA money they'll stop being crap

Galax
Dec 30, 2012, 01:21 PM
Which for all we know might be true, though the majority of us doubt it, but the best case would be to actually try the game without paying - you know, it being F2P and all? Try the version first, then say it IS crap if that's what happens - which of course I personally think is more than likely going to be the case, but as we're news starved I can't prove jack shit.

Sierhiet
Dec 30, 2012, 01:26 PM
A topic about the localized version of PSO2 shows up, and look what rears its head, as if on-cue.

Your obvious passive aggression towards us is what prompted the response.

No, but SoA should make use of their own blogs and the facebook page that they took control form SoJ to share news about the progress they've been making with the game.

Right now we have no idea how the english version will be, how much content will be available on launch, how the arks cash content will work out, how voice acting will be handled (like, if they'll keep the game with japanese voice acting, or keep the characters silent except for the bigger cutscenes), we don't even know if the english version will have any sort of public testing before release. This is the type of things that SoA should be sharing with us, instead of being completely silent.

I agree, to a certain extent. But these aren't calls that can be dropped so easily within a simple casual blog entry, like tentative gameplay plans, or concepts. These are decisions which need sort of a concrete answer, which could even still be in the works. The questions you mentioned could all be taken care of in a single announcement, once the decision is made.

Even if SOA were on it's Facebook blog everyday, what exactly could they announce that hasn't been discussed already? They don't have the benefit of being apart of the development phase, and the ability of dropping the exciting tidbits of actual game content previously unseen. I mean, they could keep us posted in terms of things like how well translations are coming along, or voice overs, but that's hardly press worthy.

Ezodagrom
Dec 30, 2012, 01:34 PM
Which for all we know might be true, though the majority of us doubt it, but the best case would be to actually try the game without paying - you know, it being F2P and all? Try the version first, then say it IS crap if that's what happens - which of course I personally think is more than likely going to be the case, but as we're news starved I can't prove jack shit.
It doesn't cost money to try, but it costs "time". If they want me to try the english version, first they have to make it worth trying, if they want me to trust them, they need to earn that trust, especially after the past games.

Neith
Dec 30, 2012, 02:44 PM
It'd take a hell of a lot for me to trust a SoA game again; they made a complete mess of PSOBB and PSU (though, to be fair PSU was a mess from the minute it launched :wacko: ), but their support is almost non-existant.

I wouldn't trust anything SoA say, so with that in mind you'll find me staying on the JP version. Sorry, but SoA's past reputation puts me off anything they touch.

May0
Dec 30, 2012, 03:41 PM
blah de blah you're all mentally deficient.

it's (sort of) a joke, calm down

Then you're sort of an asshat...

just a joke of course ;-)

I think I speak for everyone who is "patiently waiting" and will say that PSO2 isn't the only game out there and if it does suck in the states and across the pond there's no subscription fee or initial purchase to make one feel remorseful about it. I feel like we've done this song and dance before but you, Mr Olaf, keep stoking the flames just to get sparks- I'll oblige though.

Allow me to place my nostalgia for PSO on the shelf for a moment... I dabble in various nefarious activities on the internet. To that end I'm not unfamiliar with how to mod game files and go the extra length to get something to work right (I've played on the PSO server that must not be named after all.) Nothing PSO2JP has shown me thus far made me feel I HAVE to play it- more specifically, go through the trouble it takes get it to work

Compared to what a lot of games offer in terms of content PSO2JP looks mediocre. If I have the time I'll check it out when its released in english but I'm not waiting in baited breath for a game I know won't be stellar (in Japanese or english).

Syklo
Dec 30, 2012, 08:57 PM
I'll still have the JP version available (after patching it) even if i stick to EN.

But the option's there, incase the EN's costumes really.....do....suck.

Cagedtaytay
Dec 30, 2012, 09:39 PM
I'll still have the JP version available (after patching it) even if i stick to EN.

But the option's there, incase the EN's costumes really.....do....suck.

Costumes?
Thats what you're worried about?
-_-

Z-0
Dec 30, 2012, 09:53 PM
No idea if you've played the Japanese version, but costumes is what everyone is bothered about. The most popular updates seem to be the scratches, and most people blow most of their meseta on aesthetics, then complain they're so poor that they can't grind / affix.

It's kinda sad, but whatever.

Xaeris
Dec 30, 2012, 10:32 PM
I don't think there's anything wrong with putting a focus on aesthetics. I have enough income that I can buy all the aesthetic items I like and affix my equipment reasonably well when I can be arsed to put up with Dudu's BS, but if I had to choose, I'd definitely choose aesthetics. For one thing, my costumes don't get made obsolete by the next release.

Noblewine
Dec 30, 2012, 10:38 PM
I'm hoping to get a chance to play PS02 but I wonder why they aren't releasing any information. Its strange.

Ezodagrom
Dec 30, 2012, 10:50 PM
I'm hoping to get a chance to play PS02 but I wonder why they aren't releasing any information. Its strange.
Well, maybe advertising Danica & All Stars Racing Transformed is more important than adverting PSO2... :wacko:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEhl8Xrtbc4

Noblewine
Dec 30, 2012, 10:53 PM
Well, maybe advertising Danica & All Stars Racing Transformed is more important than adverting PSO2...

I hope what I've been reading lately about how SoA "Gave up on PS02" because of how poorly they handle PSU" isn't true. =/
I really like the game but I hate how poorly it is handled.

Syklo
Dec 30, 2012, 11:00 PM
Costumes?
Thats what you're worried about?
-_-

and accessibility of the game of course.
if being behind in content is what most people are concerned about, pfft i pity them.
Big deal.

No idea if you've played the Japanese version, but costumes is what everyone is bothered about. The most popular updates seem to be the scratches, and most people blow most of their meseta on aesthetics, then complain they're so poor that they can't grind / affix.

at least purchasing costumes is fail-proof.

Rien
Dec 30, 2012, 11:12 PM

SoA has my complete trust. If they fail,
This feels quite contradictory, but okay. But really...

SoA has my complete trust.

complete trust

No. Don't do that.

blace
Dec 30, 2012, 11:29 PM
I hope what I've been reading lately about how SoA "Gave up on PS02" because of how poorly they handle PSU" isn't true. =/
I really like the game but I hate how poorly it is handled.
Seeing how Edward hasn't said anything on it but other games on his blog on the site and a somewhat recent comment about not being able to disclose further information in a comment replying to a comment, I don't see this going well.

No new information has been gleened from the official Sega site or posts by the community manager in the PSO2 (West) subforum there is concerning. I can live without the game, it just hasn't lived up to the PSO in its title.

Noblewine
Dec 30, 2012, 11:35 PM
Seeing how Edward hasn't said anything on it but other games on his blog on the site and a somewhat recent comment about not being able to disclose further information in a comment replying to a comment, I don't see this going well.

No new information has been gleened from the official Sega site or posts by the community manager in the PSO2 (West) subforum there is concerning. I can live without the game, it just hasn't lived up to the PSO in its title.

I wonder if that means they gave up on it then. =/

blace
Dec 30, 2012, 11:37 PM
I just wish Edward gave out an actual answer instead of avoiding it.

Finalzone
Dec 30, 2012, 11:43 PM
I would not mind about international release of PSO2 as long SOJ provides a better customer service worldwide through its branch located in different continents. Content needs to be in sync i.e. international version should be nearly identical to the japanese updated release.

Major fixes in security meaning replacing GameGuard by a much better designed security software, a quick brandaid means another disaster in happening that affected both PSO and PSU series. Apparently, NA/Europe has a much stricter security requirement that should be taken in account. Containing or hiring thinkerers would be a much greater asset.

Expand to growing platform other than Microsoft Windows system by using a crossplatform tool. Playstation Vita uses OpenGL so porting to say "Ubuntu" should be trivial as demonstrated by Valve.

Remember SOA and SOE were both reorganized. It is a matter of wait and see. The content must be really big, the hiring of voice-overs in different languages etc.

BIG OLAF
Dec 30, 2012, 11:55 PM

Someone seems a bit miffed that others don't put as much importance on the same aspects of the game as they do. People can put focus on what they want. Also, I've not seen very many people 'complain' that they "can't" grind/affix, and those that I have seen weren't people who 'blow' their money on aesthetics, anyway.

Laxedrane
Dec 31, 2012, 05:21 AM
I'm still one of those people who took to many shots of vodka and is hoping they just turn the JP servers international with a couple of blocks IP locked for players that don't want to play with the rest of the world.

Personally I think "blowing" your money over aesthetics is a great idea! Instant satisfaction. Never gets beaten by something else with better stats. Easy to obtain. Doesn't require extra resources to reach it's full potential. Finally, most of all, what's best is up to your own personal opinion period.

RedRaz0r
Dec 31, 2012, 01:21 PM

Well you gotta realize that his job is just to relay information from Sega to us. If they tell him not to say a word, it's his duty not to. Breaking that code would most likely result in him being unemployed. Sega uses him as a front man so that he will take the heat when they mess up.

Cagedtaytay
Dec 31, 2012, 03:27 PM
Well you gotta realize that his job is just to relay information from Sega to us. If they tell him not to say a word, it's his duty not to. Breaking that code would most likely result in him being unemployed. Sega uses him as a front man so that he will take the heat when they mess up.

He should do some Corporate Espionage.

TheRamosOnline
Dec 31, 2012, 06:39 PM
If I had to give an example of my trust in SoA and SoE, it would be this.

PSO2 is the reason I am currently taking a proper, paid Japanese course. And it wasn't cheap.
I have no faith what so ever if everything I heard about PSU is true.

Totori
Dec 31, 2012, 07:57 PM

The game is moving quite fine, but do remember that this title is needed to be handled a little bit differently because it's an online title, it's not like Sonic Transformed, or the console titles. There is a LOT of work that needs to be put down to make sure the game is going to be ran without problems, that's prolly why SOA has been quiet about the game.

If they gave up on the title, I'm sure they would have taken down the site, but if you ever followed other online games that needed to be translated, then you would know that it takes a bit of time to get the other version running. So all we can do is just wait, when it's time to say something, something will be said.

Nidramag
Dec 31, 2012, 08:25 PM
I would be okay with a friggin' official english text option/server.

To be honest, I don't understand some of the stuff they did in this game. I like the way they changed ranges to a more mobile class, and third person aiming, as well as multiple PA's on one weapon (other than rods).

But among several other complaints, it's a little cash shop happy and why on earth is there no character level anymore seriously WHAT THE HELL.

Shoulda just made PSP2i a PC game. - it's a little more worthy to succeed PSO.

Syklo
Dec 31, 2012, 08:45 PM
But among several other complaints, it's a little cash shop happy and why on earth is there no character level anymore seriously WHAT THE HELL.

I love that feature. Honestly, it's better than char. level IMO.
Because when I invite new friends over and they invite me to a party, instead of overkilling with them as a lv50 i can just switch over to some other class and be in their league :)

Ezodagrom
Dec 31, 2012, 08:52 PM
I think they mentioned before that there's separate classes levels so there's people in the early areas, to make it easier for new players to find parties.

Nidramag
Dec 31, 2012, 10:07 PM
I think they mentioned before that there's separate classes levels so there's people in the early areas, to make it easier for new players to find parties.

Yes, and I can understand well and all, but aside from trashing their old standards, it presents a new problem - one of the problems I have.

I have a few friends of mine whom I play with, all of us remaining around the same steady few levels. when I hit 30, I plan on switching to gunner, however, some of them plan on staying with force, or regular ranger. Now my friends that i frequently play with are going to be far out of my range, and it dampens their experience to play with me at a lower level or switch to another class at my level.

At that point they would have to play those other classes exclusively or I'm going to outlevel their low classes they have to play with me, so it's not fair to all of us.
Yeah I know the word 'fair' when it's just how things are but it's the best word

I can get over it, but it kind of bothers me. I have always been a big fan of the standard 200/100 level cap since I played PSO on the Dreamcast, and I liked it's evolution with a separate class level after PSU.
I personally never felt it hindered my experience the way this new system has.

And don't even get me started on paying to be able to TRADE

Edit : ~~~~
Oh yeah, and unless you all know otherwise (maybe you do), switching classes is a little less viable for fun's sake when you have to pay for a mag to help you along - it is part of standard gameplay. I love hunter - but my mag is level 90 and solely dedicated to R-ATK.

Ezodagrom
Dec 31, 2012, 10:11 PM
Yes, and I can understand well and all, but aside from trashing their old standards, it presents a new problem - one of the problems I have.

I have a few friends of mine whom I play with, all of us remaining around the same steady few levels. when I hit 30, I plan on switching to gunner, however, some of them plan on staying with force, or regular ranger. Now my friends that i frequently play with are going to be far out of my range, and it dampens their experience to play with me at a lower level or switch to another class at my level.

At that point they would have to play those other classes exclusively or I'm going to outlevel their low classes they have to play with me, so it's not fair to all of us.
Yeah I know the word 'fair' when it's just how things are but it's the best word

I can get over it, but it kind of bothers me. I have always been a big fan of the standard 200/100 level cap since I played PSO on the Dreamcast, and I liked it's evolution with a separate class level after PSU.
I personally never felt it hindered my experience the way this new system has.
Well, I think that is more a problem with requiring lvl 30 to unlock the new classes, not a problem with classes lvls being separate. ^^;

Oh, and there's also the subclass system, the higher lvl the subclass is, the better stats the main class gets from the subclass, plus they get more skills from the subclass skill tree than leaving it at lvl 1, so they can lvl up the subclass of their choice when you play as gunner.

Nidramag
Dec 31, 2012, 10:16 PM
Very true, it all just picks at me. Any response on the Edit?

SupraMedical68
Dec 31, 2012, 11:03 PM
Does anyone else feel it's odd that Sega can't commit to any of the players, I'm speaking in general to include the Japanese players.

One of the biggest problems that makes me not want to support the product is the lack of commitment. Who the hell wants to spend hundreds of hours on a character, losing sleep and spending money, only to have the servers taken away on a whim? This something I've been think about since the GameCube release, and is the reason why I never came back to PSU after I returned from Afghanistan back in 2011.

Could you imagine if Blizzard only committed the WoW servers for 2-5 years, and then came out with an almost identical game. EverQuest, RuneScape, Final Fantasy XI, and Anarchy Online are prime examples of sticking by your product.

If Sega can't get it the routine maintenance, updates, and server support right then they should just outsource to someone else. I wouldn't even care if they just lied to me and stated the servers will at least last 10+ or indefinitely, but at least make me believe something.

Otherwise they shouldn't be making online games, let only server side only online games.

Nidramag
Dec 31, 2012, 11:14 PM
Why do you think I played PSO on third-party servers for significantly longer than SEGA's?
and you all know which one I'm talking about.

This is another thing that kills me. This is a 'free to play' that gets very cash shop happy, as I said.

Right now, I believe it equates to more than US $15 a month -and only with the three month package- to get 'premium' with such gems as a room (which I've never given a care* about other than shops) and being able to trade items, with additional fees for AC scratch, mags and Scape Dolls.

Now, in most online games I understand that Resurrecting items like this usually do cost money... but not before in PSO/U.

They chunked out the experience into little pay-for nuggets. I would rather have this game pay to play than this kind of free to play - the experience takes some rather annoying blows.

It's just a bit too much. I don't feel as satisfied with this game as I feel I should for the kind of money it wants you to throw at it for it's features.

Ezodagrom
Dec 31, 2012, 11:20 PM
Does anyone else feel it's odd that Sega can't commit to any of the players, I'm speaking in general to include the Japanese players.

One of the biggest problems that makes me not want to support the product is the lack of commitment. Who the hell wants to spend hundreds of hours on a character, losing sleep and spending money, only to have the servers taken away on a whim? This something I've been think about since the GameCube release, and is the reason why I never came back to PSU after I returned from Afghanistan back in 2011.

Could you imagine if Blizzard only committed the WoW servers for 2-5 years, and then came out with an almost identical game. EverQuest, RuneScape, Final Fantasy XI, and Anarchy Online are prime examples of sticking by your product.

If Sega can't get it the routine maintenance, updates, and server support right then they should just outsource to someone else. I wouldn't even care if they just lied to me and stated the servers will at least last 10+ or indefinitely, but at least make me believe something.

Otherwise they shouldn't be making online games, let only server side only online games.
The servers for an online game stay up for as long as there's people playing the game.
If the population for WoW went as low as PSU's 5 years after the launch, most likely it would have been shutdown like PSU.

The Walrus
Dec 31, 2012, 11:21 PM
To be fair the game is piss easy so its not like scape dolls are even really needed :/

Nidramag
Dec 31, 2012, 11:23 PM
True, it's just annoying when you mess up and it used to be a not-paid feature.

D-Inferno
Dec 31, 2012, 11:29 PM
I'm hoping that SEGA is simply waiting for the whole holiday sales shit to blow over before spilling more US server info.

I doubt that the US server will have -all- the JP content at start; but I also doubt it will simply start with Tundra (then agian, this is SEGA). Do recall that Sakai stated that the English version's grinding is lessened, and that the game would be :rebalanced".

Oh yeah, don't count out on Yukatas and Mikos being present (I won't miss them, personally).

Also, I don't miss Scape Dolls at all. Although i kind of dislike seeing an AC symbol every time I die.

SupraMedical68
Jan 1, 2013, 10:37 AM
The servers for an online game stay up for as long as there's people playing the game.
If the population for WoW went as low as PSU's 5 years after the launch, most likely it would have been shutdown like PSU.

It's the catch 22 with Sega. What self respecting MMO gamer wants his characters and all his work taken down every few years? That's if they're lucky enough to start at the beginning of the life cycle of the game. People have literally spent thousands of hours on PSO and PSU only to have the servers go down.

I'd almost rather be lied to at this point or at least told things will be better, opposed to Sega just doing whatever wants and keeping the players in the dark. A little false hope goes along way.

If WoW lost all it's players for some reason, people still believe it'll be there forever, even if that's not the case. Meanwhile no one has any confidence in Sega because there track record truly sucks.

Nidramag
Jan 1, 2013, 10:48 AM
It's a shame, I'm such a huge fan of the Phantasy Star Series (look at my damn signature), and yet I absolutely loathe how SEGA treats the West, and it's game series'.

On a side note, my hate for anime/manga style is beyond even my own comprehension, to the point the mere thought of it usually pisses me off, yet I've always found Phantasy star's art direction tolerable from my love of the series.

SupraMedical68
Jan 1, 2013, 11:15 AM
It's a shame, I'm such a huge fan of the Phantasy Star Series (look at my damn signature), and yet I absolutely loathe how SEGA treats the West, and it's game series'.

On a side note, my hate for anime/manga style is beyond even my own comprehension, to the point the mere thought of it usually pisses me off, yet I've always found Phantasy star's art direction tolerable from my love of the series.

I know what you mean. I wish I could just get into WoW and just be done with it, but I've always been a huge fan of the Phantasy Star series even prior to PSO.

Tenlade
Jan 1, 2013, 11:34 AM
Lets face it, even in the one in a million chance the english servers come out, they'll still fail.

there's no way it will have the latest content on launch, and with the english patch and jp servers possibly accepting credit cards again, The english version of this game will be competing with itself, which wont end well.

Nidramag
Jan 1, 2013, 11:38 AM
Well, I'm going to be honest, I've been comparing this game an awful lot to Vindictus.

My God do I hate Nexon, but in a lot of ways they're better than SEGA, for one, the cash shop is less rediculous (yeah I said it)

I just find myself wishing that PSO2 was a lot more like vindictus in a lot of ways - that game is making Nexon mad money and they allow, um, trading. And Player selling at a shop hub, For free

I think free-to-play is at it's best when the cash shop offers mostly cosmetic and gacha-style items, maybe even EXP boosts are acceptable.

PSO2's is just sloppy, sloppy, sloppy.

Edit: also, multiple characters.

Lets face it, even in the one in a million chance the english servers come out, they'll still fail.

there's no way it will have the latest content on launch, and with the english patch and jp servers possibly accepting credit cards again, The english version of this game will be competing with itself, which wont end well.

You know, I've been wondering something incredibly stupid.

If there's an english version, is it possible to splice the english text from the official release into the japanese version?

SupraMedical68
Jan 1, 2013, 11:45 AM

When or if the English severs go up, I'll be making a character on there and the continue to play on both. I think a lot of players may do the same. There's also probably a large group of English players that refuse to get on the JP servers that'll be coming out of the woodwork in 2013.

The good part is at least it's free to play this time, because I don't know if I'd even bother with one subscription this time, let alone two.

Well, I'm going to be honest, I've been comparing this game an awful lot to Vindictus.

My God do I hate Nexon, but in a lot of ways they're better than SEGA, for one, the cash shop is less rediculous (yeah I said it)

I just find myself wishing that PSO2 was a lot more like vindictus in a lot of ways - that game is making Nexon mad money and they allow, um, trading. And Player selling at a shop hub, For free

I think free-to-play is at it's best when the cash shop offers mostly cosmetic and gacha-style items, maybe even EXP boosts are acceptable.

If there's an english version, is it possible to splice the english text from the official release into the japanese version?

Why the hate on Vindictus? It kind of looks fun, I might try it out sometime.

Code-red
Jan 1, 2013, 12:08 PM
I'm hoping that SEGA is simply waiting for the whole holiday sales shit to blow over before spilling more US server info.

I doubt that the US server will have -all- the JP content at start; but I also doubt it will simply start with Tundra (then agian, this is SEGA). Do recall that Sakai stated that the English version's grinding is lessened, and that the game would be :rebalanced".

Oh yeah, don't count out on Yukatas and Mikos being present (I won't miss them, personally).

Also, I don't miss Scape Dolls at all. Although i kind of dislike seeing an AC symbol every time I die.

pretty much like it is mocking you for screwing up in that duel.

scape doll? it's yours my friend as long as you have enough AC

Sorry...... But i don't accept credit come back when you are MMMM richer.

UnLucky
Jan 1, 2013, 12:19 PM
Yeah, like those players with full skill trees and increased stats that only solo the highest unlocked area they have access to at that level. Really going to help the actual new players who are slowly progressing through the content.

Oh yeah, and unless you all know otherwise (maybe you do), switching classes is a little less viable for fun's sake when you have to pay for a mag to help you along - it is part of standard gameplay. I love hunter - but my mag is level 90 and solely dedicated to R-ATK.
~$3 to get a new mag that used to be normal drops and are essential to forming any specific build. And the kicker is it costs ~$5 simply to reset one to level 1. Shouldn't that at least be free? Paying to lose progress... It's like Sega really is pushing the line where players abandon their characters (or the game) instead of paying cash.

Nidramag
Jan 1, 2013, 04:32 PM
Why the hate on Vindictus? It kind of looks fun, I might try it out sometime.

Oh, it's not hate, I like Vindictus a lot. I was saying I think it did this style of game a lot better in some ways.

~$3 to get a new mag that used to be normal drops and are essential to forming any specific build. And the kicker is it costs ~$5 simply to reset one to level 1. Shouldn't that at least be free? Paying to lose progress... It's like Sega really is pushing the line where players abandon their characters (or the game) instead of paying cash.

Indeed, and this is after the 15 dollar a month charge to be able to trade.

as I have said repeatedly, I wish I could just pay the monthly fee and have a game not nickel and diming me to death to play properly

SkyLx
Jan 1, 2013, 04:36 PM
Lets hope PSO2 comes on Steam.
I will never play another nexon/perfect world game again, have bad experience with them.

Cagedtaytay
Jan 1, 2013, 04:52 PM
Oh, it's not hate, I like Vindictus a lot. I was saying I think it did this style of game a lot better in some ways.

Indeed, and this is after the 15 dollar a month charge to be able to trade.

as I have said repeatedly, I wish I could just pay the monthly fee and have a game not nickel and diming me to death to play properly

This.
I would prefer a monthly fee, and have all features available to me instead of having to pay for every little thing. I mean seriously. A cash shop is ok, but PSO2 is pushing it too far.

Nidramag
Jan 1, 2013, 05:17 PM
Cash shop should be cosmetics and minor play enhancements (I'm alright with exp boosts, resurrection, etc.), not large aspects of the game, like a mag. Without a proper mag you fall behind for your level.

I wonder when someone is going to point out I've been repeating myself to death.

On topic, am I worried about this game coming to america? No.

Am I worried about the game itself and it's sustainability in the long run? yes. Very yes

Para
Jan 1, 2013, 05:42 PM
The only way SEGA can get me to play PSO2 NA is by making my time on PSO2 JP not wasted. International ship transfers pls.

Lumpen Thingy
Jan 1, 2013, 05:55 PM
The only way SEGA can get me to play PSO2 NA is by making my time on PSO2 JP not wasted. International ship transfers pls.

sums up my thoughts pretty well

LK1721
Jan 1, 2013, 06:23 PM
Honestly, between PSO2's mediocre content and SOA's track record with server management, I am worried.

As much as I enjoy this game, the engaging content has been too far and few between. Not to mention some gigantic flaws in game mechanics and it is becoming more and more obvious as the game progresses how thinly they're stretching content. Unless PSO2 NA/EU can offer a little more than JP did at launch, I think there might be some problems. I will still probably be playing a character or two on the NA/EU servers, though.

Syklo
Jan 1, 2013, 06:50 PM

Don't SoA still have the rights/power to change the way AC works in their version?
I mean, don't expect a non-premium player market/trading feature but it's still possible, no?

Totori
Jan 1, 2013, 06:56 PM
Don't SoA still have the rights/power to change the way AC works in their version?
I mean, don't expect a non-premium player market/trading feature but it's still possible, no?

Yes they do, and that's one thing they talked about changing pricing. Cash shops are mostly likely going to cost around the same anyway, from what I see it.

Noblewine
Jan 1, 2013, 08:54 PM

Yeah same this is pretty lame to be honest though I guess I might as well try to find something new to play after PSU went offline and the psp games haven't been doing any better.
I'm repeating myself, this isn't based off of the "SoA gave up on NE/EU" thing I've been reading on here lately. =/

Nidramag
Jan 1, 2013, 09:19 PM
PSP2i/Vindictus.

Finalzone
Jan 2, 2013, 12:02 AM
To be fair the game is piss easy so its not like scape dolls are even really needed :/

To be fair, majority of Japanese games is easier than their international version. I think posters here forgot that point.

Syklo
Jan 2, 2013, 12:51 AM
To be fair, majority of Japanese games is easier than their international version. I think posters here forgot that point.
I still find this hard to believe.

Nidramag
Jan 2, 2013, 12:54 AM

Give me an example, because all I've ever known is the opposite.

Valimer
Jan 2, 2013, 01:02 AM

Jeez, I hope so. I'm really looking forward to being challenged like I was in PSO1.

Muffydiver
Jan 2, 2013, 01:05 AM
If it ends up not releasing for the US I'm not if I could take it lol. But I guess I would have to settle for the JP version...Meh...

Valimer
Jan 2, 2013, 01:07 AM
I am waiting for the US version, mostly because I want to see how it is officially translated and hopefully be able to understand the game a little better as well as experience the story. I also want it to be easier for me to spend money on the game, which I would like to do. Also, it would be easier to convince friends to lay the game.

But if all fails then I will still play the JP version

Muffydiver
Jan 2, 2013, 01:21 AM
I would like to play the JP version. I tried downloading the character creation demo earlier but was having issues :(.

Finalzone
Jan 2, 2013, 02:59 AM
Give me an example, because all I've ever known is the opposite.

Resident Evil 4,
Devil May Cry 3,
Sword of Bersek (Dreamcast Version)
River City Ransom
Street of Rage 3 (us version is more difficult)

Reference: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/DifficultyByRegion

Side note, remember The Unsealed Door quest in Dreamcast PSO1 on VH and Ultimate where players need to death De Rol Le boss and make sure Dr. Mome does not die in battle leading to failure? That quest was much easier in GameCube, Xbox and BB version due to gamers complain.

Totori
Jan 2, 2013, 04:24 AM

That may have occured to games of the "past" but with trophies/acheivements, it's rarely touched now days to ensure fairness. PSO2 is only "easy" to those who are prepared, IIRC this game was only meant to be played in short burst, not like an MMO. That's why we get updates the way we do.

Syklo
Jan 2, 2013, 04:35 AM
IIRC this game was only meant to be played in short burst, not like an MMO.

With the amount of repeatable CO's we have and the occasional EQs, I doubt it.

gigawuts
Jan 2, 2013, 04:55 AM
Not to mention the rarity of these freaking 10*'s. Think they're uncommon now? Imagine if nobody played except for the day or two after an update, like some other games. Geesh.

Totori
Jan 2, 2013, 06:21 AM
With the amount of repeatable CO's we have and the occasional EQs, I doubt it.

Occasional EQ's to make sure people who are busy won't miss certain content, people get off work and other things at different times. This game was only "meant" to be played that way, they know there are others who have more free time to play and accommodate them also.

Hence why finishing some CO's have been changed to a much easier pace.

Syklo
Jan 2, 2013, 06:54 AM
Occasional EQ's to make sure people who are busy won't miss certain content, people get off work and other things at different times. This game was only "meant" to be played that way, they know there are others who have more free time to play and accommodate them also.

Hence why finishing some CO's have been changed to a much easier pace.
Well, yeah i guess. I'm not the kind of person that puts away IRL commitments jsut for another falz run.

And I feel like Im suddenly on a 10* Burst since new years day.

3 10*'s in 3 days.

VorpalMech
Jan 2, 2013, 08:06 AM
I will be playing both versions. The way I see it, the NA version will work as a translator for the subtle elements of the JP version that I can't understand/translate. That way, if the NA version goes down early I'll have a better grasp of the JP version overall.

Ezodagrom
Jan 2, 2013, 08:15 AM
I will be playing both versions. The way I see it, the NA version will work as a translator for the subtle elements of the JP version that I can't understand/translate. That way, if the NA version goes down early I'll have a better grasp of the JP version overall.
For me it depends on how easy it is to have both versions in the same PC, if it's annoying or hard to have both versions, I won't even bother trying the english version. If it's easy to have both, I'll play the english version only for the story.

Nidramag
Jan 2, 2013, 08:36 AM
Resident Evil 4,
Devil May Cry 3,
Sword of Bersek (Dreamcast Version)
River City Ransom
Street of Rage 3 (us version is more difficult)

Reference: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/DifficultyByRegion

Side note, remember The Unsealed Door quest in Dreamcast PSO1 on VH and Ultimate where players need to death De Rol Le boss and make sure Dr. Mome does not die in battle leading to failure? That quest was much easier in GameCube, Xbox and BB version due to gamers complain.

Ah, I thought we were talking MMO's, because I know of quite a few MMO's that are made easier in the west.

gigawuts
Jan 2, 2013, 08:48 AM
Ah, I thought we were talking MMO's, because I know of quite a few MMO's that are made easier in the west.

Ah, well, there's an issue with the meaning of difficuly in MMO's. Many (in the west, anyway) would not consider reducing time required to be playing something easier. Grinding 800 hours for one level in an MMO isn't really "hard," it's just boring and time consuming. "Easy" tends to mean, well, either skill or some sort of ability.

i.e. reducing exp requireents for pso2's cap from 18m to like 6m did not make it easier, just less time consuming.

So I'd say they made it less grindy, yeah, but not easier. Dumbing or handicapping the AI, sure, if they did that then they made it easier. Reducing time spent in a dark room staring at a screen, no, not so much.

But this is semantics, so take it with a grain of salt.

VorpalMech
Jan 2, 2013, 11:19 AM
For me it depends on how easy it is to have both versions in the same PC, if it's annoying or hard to have both versions, I won't even bother trying the english version. If it's easy to have both, I'll play the english version only for the story.

I'm quite curious as to how much of a hassle this might be as well. I'm gonna do some digging once NA is released.

Rootsuki
Jan 2, 2013, 01:05 PM
Maybe a little off topic, but the JP version is getting pretty stale, I find myself sitting in the lobby a lot. And it's not like I don't play the game like a lobby whore. The game has just become so boring, and grinding feels like a chore. I loved the feeling this game gave me when it first came out, but playing this game makes me feel like playing psu. I'm tired of sitting in the lobby waiting for falz.

Lumpen Thingy
Jan 2, 2013, 01:16 PM
Maybe a little off topic, but the JP version is getting pretty stale, I find myself sitting in the lobby a lot. And it's not like I don't play the game like a lobby whore. The game has just become so boring, and grinding feels like a chore. I loved the feeling this game gave me when it first came out, but playing this game makes me feel like playing psu. I'm tired of sitting in the lobby waiting for falz.

and what level are you?

Cypher_9
Jan 2, 2013, 01:26 PM
I will say here as I said to others - I will wait to see, till further notice, hablabla. The most we can do is play guessing games as we have on the JP server within our experience.

Seeing that the months have passed, with the current content out - we already know what is coming; it would be the matter of catch-up regarding US/EU or if it would least get a decent flow. (I have read the concern about that somewhere but, most would say its doubtful in the regard of catch up - with all the transliterations and such).

Most reflect upon SoA with PSU and their focus in the regard of updates - which was near non-existant for those who played PS2/PC servers. Most don't want the fate of this game to end the same way; from what we already know now from the PSO2-JP, the US/EU has a glimmer.

I would, however play US/EU for the story, so i can immerse myself into it; as well as join up with family and friends from other games on it to help... other than that, I am a permanent resident of JP Servers.

Dragonlily
Jan 2, 2013, 01:32 PM
I would, however play US/EU for the story, so i can immerse myself into it; as well as join up with family and friends from other games on it to help... other than that, I am a permanent resident of JP Servers.

I agree. I want to understand the story better. I have a lot friends waiting to play but rather play the NA version. I have my concerns as well due to past relations with SoA. Never know tho, they may pull thru. I will be keeping my JP account and continue to play it as long as I'm not blocked out.

GreenArcher
Jan 2, 2013, 02:02 PM
I'd be worried if only for that fact that so many of us are on the JP server already

VorpalMech
Jan 2, 2013, 02:17 PM
I'd be worried if only for that fact that so many of us are on the JP server already

What would be more concerning would be if SoA decided to boot NA/EU players from the JP servers, forcing all to jump to NA/EU servers that would still potentially suffer the same fate as psu. Long run: Left out in cold with no access to either.

Ok, I'm just going to assume that's not going to happen. Back to my happy place.

blace
Jan 2, 2013, 02:27 PM
Don't you mean SoJ? SoA will only have jurisdiction over the version they oversee.

VorpalMech
Jan 2, 2013, 02:34 PM
SoJ, yes. My mistake.

Ok, this all got me thinking (warning). I'm sure there's a multitude of reasons why this isn't feasible, but why doesn't SoJ just utilize an English version within their existing server structure. If servers are needed for extended growth, add as needed. Make the global aspect centralized in Japan. CCP does it with EVE (granted the parameters are different).

GreenArcher
Jan 2, 2013, 02:48 PM
Sakai stated that varying laws would make for a difficult international version of the game

VorpalMech
Jan 2, 2013, 02:55 PM
Sakai stated that varying laws would make for a difficult international version of the game

Well that just sucks on a number of levels. It makes it easier for SoJ to cut any outside ties because they're hamstrung from the get go. No wonder they just dabble outside their borders rather than diving in head first.

Cypher_9
Jan 2, 2013, 02:56 PM

Silly countries and their laws, makes me wonder what laws are in place for the US. It would probably just make me laugh, other than that, the internet itself is an ambiguous body that harbors many, many dark secrets that are not so secret. This is where I wish the rulings thereof is more like TRON... Google should hurry up and take everything over so we can have our united servers to play a game... ... xD (Erm I mean, play as one - the dream WILL be realized... keeuieheueu)

The downside of it, well... is up to the suggestive thought...

VorpalMech
Jan 2, 2013, 03:34 PM
I suppose I'll just continue to slowly learn a foreign language and dish out coinage to SoJ ;) The rest will take care of itself.

SociableTyrannosaur
Jan 2, 2013, 10:12 PM

You do know there's a patch that lets you view all the menus and most of the COs in English right? It's already been stated that the people behind that project will continue even after the NA release.

Syklo
Jan 2, 2013, 10:21 PM
You do know there's a patch that lets you view all the menus and most of the COs in English right? It's already been stated that the people behind that project will continue even after the NA release.
By subtle elements i believe he means things like message packs and other dialogues

SociableTyrannosaur
Jan 2, 2013, 10:29 PM
I count those with the story, so I didn't really think "subtle". I can see what you're saying though.

Rootsuki
Jan 3, 2013, 05:50 AM
and what level are you?

Right now im using my 50/50 HuFi, and I started getting my RA to 43 and my GU to 17.

VorpalMech
Jan 3, 2013, 08:29 AM

I did know, yes, but is this allowable? I'm not particularly keen on getting banned.

If it's useable without recourse, I'll DL it tonight.

Zeota
Jan 3, 2013, 08:49 AM
While it is technically against the ToS, it's more or less undetectable unless you use <t> in chat and you're targeting something with an English name. If you were to, for example, target a rappy and say it in chat, it would show up as "Rappy" to everyone else in lieu of "ラッピー”.

bluefan
Jan 3, 2013, 02:14 PM
Not terribly worried, because killing off the localization after setting up an official site and showcasing at their booth at PAX Prime 2012, it would be another suicide move by Sega.

But to not hear a single peep since then, nothing in Facebook, Twitter, updates to the official site since then? I'm just going to assume their community manager and team are just very inept :-?

hbmizzle10
Jan 3, 2013, 04:01 PM
i miss sonic team. they knew how to handle those sonic and phantasy star games we love

Lumpen Thingy
Jan 3, 2013, 04:13 PM
i miss sonic team. they knew how to handle those sonic and phantasy star games we love

did you not play PSU or the sonic 06?

blace
Jan 3, 2013, 04:33 PM
Those were done by Sonic Team, not the same staff of people that worked on past titles.

Syklo
Jan 3, 2013, 05:28 PM
While it is technically against the ToS, it's more or less undetectable unless you use <t> in chat and you're targeting something with an English name. If you were to, for example, target a rappy and say it in chat, it would show up as "Rappy" to everyone else in lieu of "ラッピー”.

There is a file which you can either backup yourself or download (again) to keep all target names in japanese (except npcs, but includes shop terminals).
So that shouldn't be an issue....unless you use <t> with npc names in a JP party.

Nidramag
Jan 3, 2013, 05:29 PM
I remember how exciting it was when the first PSO2 trailer had some english subtitles in it. Everyone was like 'HOLY SHIT POSSIBLE SIMUL-RELEASE IN JAPAN AND THE WEST?!?!!'

and just look at it now.

EvilMag
Jan 3, 2013, 05:39 PM
There were so many hints are global servers.

-What Nidramag mentioned
-JP person who ran the facebook page spoke English
-American holiday lobby events that were datamined.
-English credits in the beta (Interesting enough about this is that it has the dark blue SEGA logo iirc)
-Language option in the launcher

its also pretty funny how not only did you have a ton of english version hints, you had Sakai mentioning us in that interview, and that he said we were good folk on his blog. What do we get with SoA. I recall Edward calling all the angry customers "petulant brats" because they were pissed at the piss poor service they were getting (And they had a good reason to be pissed.)

Pretty sad how SoJ shows that they care more about us than SoA.

Cagedtaytay
Jan 3, 2013, 05:50 PM

-What Nidramag mentioned
-English credits in the beta (Interesting enough about this is that it has the dark blue SEGA logo iirc)

its also pretty funny how not only did you have a ton of english version hints, you had Sakai mentioning us in that interview, and that he said we were good folk on his blog. What do we get with SoA. I recall Edward calling all the angry customers "petulant brats" because they were pissed at the piss poor service they were getting (And they had a good reason to be pissed.)

This. Yes. Edward, I am disappoint.

Caledonia
Jan 3, 2013, 07:22 PM
Yet, if one goes to the "Official" site (pso2.com) there is a fairly prominent link to here.

I don't know if that's clever advertising for this place or what, but SoA/SoE must know that PSO-world updates frequently and is quite honestly where most of us will hear the news when/if it's announced.

Not that this excuses them from a lack of news, but it's understandable then why they (possibly) don't have a marketing team (who they'd have to pay) updating their own sites.

...Anyone happen to know whom SoA/SoE's marketing director is? If I can find out I'll send a strongly worded email... begging them to let me do that update work for them for free just so I'd know.

Syklo
Jan 3, 2013, 07:54 PM
Yet, if one goes to the "Official" site (pso2.com) there is a fairly prominent link to here.

I don't know if that's clever advertising for this place or what, but SoA/SoE must know that PSO-world updates frequently and is quite honestly where most of us will hear the news when/if it's announced.

Not that this excuses them from a lack of news, but it's understandable then why they (possibly) don't have a marketing team (who they'd have to pay) updating their own sites.

...Anyone happen to know whom SoA/SoE's marketing director is? If I can find out I'll send a strongly worded email... begging them to let me do that update work for them for free just so I'd know.
Did not notice that.

Intriguing...

Cagedtaytay
Jan 3, 2013, 08:07 PM

Hey, more attention for pso-world. Since SoA sucks at providing news for their own version of the game.

Seany1990
Jan 3, 2013, 10:41 PM
I think that it will definitely see the light of day. I anticipate long delays though, 6 months is my guess.

Totori
Jan 4, 2013, 12:11 AM

-What Nidramag mentioned

No, no, no. That's no proof for global servers. That's pretty basic stuff, actually.

-What Nidramag mentioned "Japan uses English also, check out a company called FALCOM"
-JP person who ran the facebook page spoke English "Because they wanted to answer everyone who posted on their facebook"
-American holiday lobby events that were datamined. "Yes because SOJ are the developers of the game, for an internation version, like the one that's coming out."
-English credits in the beta (Interesting enough about this is that it has the dark blue SEGA logo iirc) "They are the developers of the game, and if you know how most translation work is done, then that shouldn't be too hard to see why.
-Language option in the launcher "IIRC this was mostly meant for Asia, as they also use a heavy amount of english, and it would take out problems in the future for the internation version"

Kamal
Jan 5, 2013, 02:23 AM
im gonna wait, i started the download process but then i realised that i didnt want my gaming experience with pso be affected by the jap servers and language. i would be mostly lvling and not hunting rares like back on pso ep 1 and 2. If it comes NA then i will play it, but if it doesnt, thats to bad and i will simply ignore it.

Lumpen Thingy
Jan 5, 2013, 03:54 AM
im gonna wait, i started the download process but then i realised that i didnt want my gaming experience with pso be affected by the jap servers and language. i would be mostly lvling and not hunting rares like back on pso ep 1 and 2. If it comes NA then i will play it, but if it doesnt, thats to bad and i will simply ignore it.

I love it when people say this. THERE'S AN ENGLISH PATCH. I would give the game a chance even if its not in all English that patch helps alot and there's plenty of videos on how to install it.

blace
Jan 5, 2013, 03:59 AM
Dude, stop pointing out the obvious already. Let them choose what they want, you haven't really done much but say "JP PSO2 is obviously better lololol". Like I've said in that other thread, lay off what people want to choose.

Honestly, the patch is mentioned a lot and tons of other PSO fansites have links to it, it's hard to not know about it.

Lumpen Thingy
Jan 5, 2013, 05:14 AM
Dude, stop pointing out the obvious already. Let them choose what they want, you haven't really done much but say "JP PSO2 is obviously better lololol". Like I've said in that other thread, lay off what people want to choose.

Honestly, the patch is mentioned a lot and tons of other PSO fansites have links to it, it's hard to not know about it.

lets see we all know it will be and what if he didn't know about the English patch? Alot of people I knew on PSO2 had no idea about it and they've been playing for months without the game being in English.

Seany1990
Jan 5, 2013, 08:13 AM

I would say it's definitely worth waiting for the NA release at this point. If it reaches March and still no release date or press release from SoA/SoE then the japanese version is still worth playing.

kornkid212
Jan 5, 2013, 02:39 PM
Neither me or my friends are going to play the Jp version.

Sega stop ignoring your fans and release this game worldwide for god's sake!

Caledonia
Jan 5, 2013, 02:53 PM
If there were an offline mode, I probably would play the Japanese version (with the English patch) just for the fun of it.

As there is not, I'd rather wait for the European servers so the events would be in my own time zone. Not that it's difficult to translate times, but even playing western MMOs I often find guild/group activities and server events planned for times that made sense in America, but translated to 2am for me. And server updates happening during my play time etc...

RedRaz0r
Jan 5, 2013, 02:57 PM
Neither me or my friends are going to play the Jap version.

Sega stop ignoring your fans and release this game worldwide for god's sake!

I hope to god you meant JP and not the word you said.

IIKookaburra
Jan 5, 2013, 05:55 PM
I hope to god you meant JP and not the word you said.

Since when was Jap a bad word? :-?

jooozek
Jan 5, 2013, 05:58 PM
Since when was Jap a bad word? :-?

Since around WW II, I think.

Noblewine
Jan 5, 2013, 06:25 PM
So which sites have information on pso2?

Caledonia
Jan 5, 2013, 06:28 PM

This one. Theoretically pso2.com, certainly pso2.jp -if you can read Japanese.

Noblewine
Jan 5, 2013, 06:30 PM
This one. Theoretically pso2.com, certainly pso2.jp -if you can read Japanese.

Thanks, I will give both a shot.

I know Sean but I am trying to be optimistic regardless of how bleak things look at the moment.

Seany1990
Jan 5, 2013, 06:30 PM

Regarding the NA version? SoA/SoE haven't released any information since the original announcement.

SociableTyrannosaur
Jan 5, 2013, 07:42 PM
Think you'd have to care about the NA release to be worried about it.

Vintasticvin
Jan 5, 2013, 09:01 PM
Think you'd have to care about the NA release to be worried about it.

^--- What this person said and its not easy to look at any game the same after playin pso2 either D: Kinda hard to find a good game that has combat as frantic as pso2 >_<

MaxNewman
Jan 5, 2013, 10:03 PM
^--- What this person said and its not easy to look at any game the same after playin pso2 either D: Kinda hard to find a good game that has combat as frantic as pso2 >_<

Ture. But i strongly think SoA will release PSO2 over here.

Vintasticvin
Jan 5, 2013, 10:28 PM
True. But i strongly think SoA will release PSO2 over here.

Thats true It will be released outside of japan the thing is when and its kinda driving people bonkers an impatient which is why being oblivious is sometimes the best but we're fans and well we all know how crazy fans are about getting what they want *Looks at the "Beliebers" and shudders*

The Walrus
Jan 5, 2013, 10:31 PM
The real question isn't when will it get here, but rather how quickly will it die

Tcrusader51
Jan 6, 2013, 12:18 AM
The real question isn't when will it get here, but rather how quickly will it die

I believe what this person is trying to say (though in a very negative view) is how much content will be given to us upon US/EU release. As a supporter of the US/EU servers, I think it's safe to say for the most of us that we probably won't be too happy if, after over 6 months, we only get Japan's July 4th content.

I will say for myself that I would discard my support and stay in jpn servers (if still allowed) if I don't see enough content. Till then, I will remain positive that the next announcement for US/EU release will be very good news.

UnLucky
Jan 6, 2013, 12:43 AM

We taking bets? Someone start a community event. Whoever's guess is closest gets JP AC.

I say 3 months for the playerbase to die and barely fill a block, 4 for the first ship merge, and 8 when the servers shut down for good.

ZIE creations
Jan 6, 2013, 01:08 AM
We taking bets? Someone start a community event. Whoever's guess is closest gets JP AC.

I say 3 months for the playerbase to die and barely fill a block, 4 for the first ship merge, and 8 when the servers shut down for good.

I think you all underestimate how powerful the free to play model is... there are games that are absolutely terrible, but because of the free to play model, people still play.

SEGA will not make nearly the amount of money in other countries as they will in Japan, but they for sure won't reach broke from them.

SociableTyrannosaur
Jan 6, 2013, 02:38 AM
how many people do you really think are going to pay 6.50 for a character slot? or for a raffle to MAYBE get the costume they want or MAYBE get something that they can't sell on the market for more than 150K? Sega will have to drop prices drastically in the US and that alone is reason for them not to want to bring it this way. I'm betting they realized that now which is why the silent treatment. and why they allowed US/Eu credit cards to be used again.

Dana
Jan 6, 2013, 03:08 AM
SEGA always want more money. That has never been clearer than PSO2's microtransaction system. I do not see why they would not release the game to the US/EU. They will make a sum of money from it just because you'll always have people that want those AC items and those premium accounts.

I'm rather them just make the Japanese game international and if and when the US/EU versions are released, make the servers connected. I doubt they will though. It is SEGA afterall. They are the retarded cousin of the industry. :disapprove:

scarecrow36
Jan 6, 2013, 03:37 AM
7/4/12? This is the 1st date I have seen
I'm posting this from my phone sooo yeah..
Gamefly app

Seany1990
Jan 6, 2013, 03:47 AM
7/4/12? This is the 1st date I have seen
I'm posting this from my phone sooo yeah..
Gamefly app

I would like to know what their source is.

SociableTyrannosaur
Jan 6, 2013, 03:57 AM
lol that's the day the jp version went live. look at the date again. 2012. it's 2013

Caledonia
Jan 6, 2013, 08:07 AM
SEGA always want more money. That has never been clearer than PSO2's microtransaction system. I do not see why they would not release the game to the US/EU. They will make a sum of money from it just because you'll always have people that want those AC items and those premium accounts.

I'm rather them just make the Japanese game international and if and when the US/EU versions are released, make the servers connected. I doubt they will though. It is SEGA afterall. They are the retarded cousin of the industry. :disapprove:

All that said, they got PSO right. Multi-national launch, mixed servers...

It's not too hard to believe PSO2 will be awesome as well (sure they messed up on the launch part, but we can hope for frequent content updates at least).

And they'll release in the US/EU to recuperate what they've already spent in (at least) translating the Character Creator/Demo Play that they took to the Penny Arcade expo last year. I don't think they could possibly ignore the hype even the PSO2 merchandise got there.

If they're smart (and there must be an ideas man or two somewhere in the company) they'll be doing something similar to the English Patch -only in French, German, Spanish, Polish and Italian... that will probably take a while.

And yes, SociableTyrannosaur, I would pay $6.50 or Ģ4 or whatever for an extra character slot. And then I'd probably spend more on the raffle, that's the way addiction works =D

SociableTyrannosaur
Jan 6, 2013, 03:48 PM
you misunderstood. some of us will. the hardcore fans, but this is to appeal to casual gamers too and here in the US those prices are a bit absurd by most standards, especially since the 6.50 doesn't actually get you a new character slot, but just lets you make a new character one time.

Ezodagrom
Jan 6, 2013, 03:53 PM
you misunderstood. some of us will. the hardcore fans, but this is to appeal to casual gamers too and here in the US those prices are a bit absurd by most standards, especially since the 6.50 doesn't actually get you a new character slot, but just lets you make a new character one time.
The prices of course won't be the same in the english version. Also, 500 AC isn't even $6.50 right now, it's more around $5.67~$5.68 today (exchange rates change every day).

Caelion
Jan 6, 2013, 03:57 PM
how many people do you really think are going to pay 6.50 for a character slot? or for a raffle to MAYBE get the costume they want or MAYBE get something that they can't sell on the market for more than 150K? Sega will have to drop prices drastically in the US and that alone is reason for them not to want to bring it this way. I'm betting they realized that now which is why the silent treatment. and why they allowed US/Eu credit cards to be used again.

SW:TOR does the exact same thing, and their numbers are booming. It just goes to show how dedicated, or gullible, a playerbase can be. Despite the faults, however, I'm looking forward to NA/EU.

Caledonia
Jan 6, 2013, 04:00 PM
And hopefully SoE and SoA will take a page from western MMO models and have extra character slots available anyway

(Am nothing if not deluded an optimist)

Seany1990
Jan 6, 2013, 04:39 PM
And hopefully SoE and SoA will take a page from western MMO models and have extra character slots available anyway

(Am nothing if not deluded an optimist)

NA getting something that JP doesn't? I think hell would freeze over first.

Ezodagrom
Jan 6, 2013, 04:45 PM
There's actually going to be some extra content that the english version will get that JP won't, there's data for special event lobbies specific to the english version, like a lobby for the 4th of July, for Memorial Day, and there's also 2 different new year lobbies, one called NewYearJapan and another called NewYearAmerica.

Heat Haze
Jan 6, 2013, 04:47 PM

"Since game culturalization will be necessary, there may be some changes to the game’s contents to reflect each nation."

Hell froze over pretty quick.

bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-star-producer-satoshi-sakai-addresses-his-foreign-fans/ (www.bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-star-producer-satoshi-sakai-addresses-his-foreign-fans/)

Noc Codez
Jan 6, 2013, 05:03 PM
"Since game culturalization will be necessary, there may be some changes to the game’s contents to reflect each nation."

bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-star-producer-satoshi-sakai-addresses-his-foreign-fans/ (www.bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-star-producer-satoshi-sakai-addresses-his-foreign-fans/)

LMAO.. And you believe that ? This is the same guy who said we'll have Universal servers..Silly Rabbit tricks are for kids..

Ezodagrom
Jan 6, 2013, 05:11 PM
LMAO.. And you believe that ? This is the same guy who said we'll have Universal servers..Silly Rabbit tricks are for kids..
Except that he didn't say that we would have universal servers.

Seany1990
Jan 6, 2013, 05:15 PM

Granted I was wrong, I wouldn't necessarily say that anything mentioned on that blog post is going to sell the NA version to many people.

Caledonia
Jan 6, 2013, 05:17 PM
Being slightly less optimistic than usual; those are cosmetic changes rather than fundamental.

If I want "Auld Lang Syne" piped through the lobby at new years I'll mute the music and put it on myself...

Something like an extra character slot per account however...

Sierhiet
Jan 6, 2013, 05:19 PM

Same guy who said he didn't want to enact any IP ban on foreign players, whilst still retaining that little TOS clause. Hasn't stopped a select group of players from using that statement as incentive to not worry about an IP ban.

I suggest withholding any judgement, and waiting to see what happens. You never know.

Heat Haze
Jan 6, 2013, 05:23 PM
Of course I believe it, because that guy hasn't been wrong as far as facts go as he states his facts with credible sources.

Perhaps you read an opinion of his, and mistook it for a fact. (i.e: "I 'wish' for international servers.'" ---> 'z0mg int3rn4t10na1 s3rvrs?'"

Granted I was wrong, I wouldn't necessarily say that anything mentioned on that blog post is going to sell the NA version to many people.

Unfortunately true, can't imagine what exactly would get the NA version to sell; besides being in.. well. English.

I'd rather have stable, reliable service from SoA than exclusive content. Pretty sure just good service alone would have it sell, but people are skeptical. With good reason.

Ezodagrom
Jan 6, 2013, 05:28 PM
reliable service from SoA
That is a really hard thing to imagine. o-o;

Caledonia
Jan 6, 2013, 05:30 PM
I'd rather have stable, reliable service from SoA than exclusive content. Pretty sure just good service alone would have it sell, but people are skeptical. With good reason.

I'm beginning to suspect this is why it's impossible to find any email or contact details for SoA/E

-they know we'd break the inbox given an hour.

r00tabaga
Jan 6, 2013, 08:38 PM
Caledonia NY???

SociableTyrannosaur
Jan 6, 2013, 09:59 PM

Uh...we were promised "global support" which many people hoped meant universal servers. We were were never promised universal servers though.

Noc Codez
Jan 7, 2013, 12:15 AM
I remember them saying that oh well it's w/e.. SOA is still a bad company.. Pso/psu is testimony to that.

Skyly
Jan 7, 2013, 03:47 AM
Have got a gut feeling that the next update on the PSOW homepage will be the release date for the US/EU version.. Fingers crossed.

Lumpen Thingy
Jan 7, 2013, 07:18 AM
I remember them saying that oh well it's w/e.. SOA is still a bad company.. Pso/psu is testimony to that.

you forgot PSO xbox, PSO game cube, PSZ, PSP1, PSP2 and PSOBB. All of them were lacking in content and support compared to the Japanese versions

Caledonia
Jan 7, 2013, 08:33 AM
Caledonia NY???

Qué?

Have got a gut feeling that the next update on the PSOW homepage will be the release date for the US/EU version.. Fingers crossed.

No, it'll be a review of the latest PSO2/JP update... or an announcement for their next update... They'll probably be planning Valentines day soon.

Which, if there are any Sega executives lurking (one can hope) would be an acceptable marketing campaign: "Released F2P To show our love for you this valentines day"

A better one would be "Surprise! We got it all ready and released. Go download now~"

Ezodagrom
Jan 7, 2013, 09:19 AM
A better one would be "Surprise! We got it all ready and released. Go download now~"
Releasing PSO2 in the west without any sort of public testing would be a really bad idea from SoA.
Even after several tests, character creation had to be locked in almost every ship due to too many players when the JP version was launched, plus the connection was really laggy during peak times.
If they didn't do any public tests though, the PSO2 JP launch could have been much worse.

Poubelle
Jan 8, 2013, 06:19 AM
Wow, you guys are pessimistic!

I think the game will do well. It's going to make a lot of money which = more employees = more support.

Fans of MMOs don't have anything to play right now, so it's a good time for PSO2 to be released. People will flock to it.

I definitely don't have complete faith what with PSU and all that, but the situation isn't hopeless

I am waiting for the western version because I couldn't understand a lot in the JP ver, even with the english patch. it felt like I was only understanding bits and pieces of the game, and I didn't like that feeling

Ezodagrom
Jan 8, 2013, 08:53 AM
Wow, you guys are pessimistic!

I think the game will do well. It's going to make a lot of money which = more employees = more support.

Fans of MMOs don't have anything to play right now, so it's a good time for PSO2 to be released. People will flock to it.

I definitely don't have complete faith what with PSU and all that, but the situation isn't hopeless

I am waiting for the western version because I couldn't understand a lot in the JP ver, even with the english patch. it felt like I was only understanding bits and pieces of the game, and I didn't like that feeling
Well, we have good reasons to be pessimistic, and SoA being completely silent about PSO2 for 4 months doesn't make me want to trust them.

Seany1990
Jan 8, 2013, 09:03 AM

I would like to believe this, I really do.

Mystil
Jan 8, 2013, 01:30 PM
Well, we have good reasons to be pessimistic, and SoA being completely silent about PSO2 for 4 months doesn't make me want to trust them.

Yeah, they are already being their classic selves we've come to know before the game even gets here.

AoiChi
Jan 8, 2013, 05:05 PM
All I can say is only bug them if there are bugs, hope there won't be people trying to sabotage the game, and hope that they'll give us surveys onto what we want to be done. Of course, we have to worry about the people who don't understand this. As players, we're supposed to give feedback, not insults. The more insults, the more unlikely we are going to have what we want. In other words, make them happy enough to do things for us. Behind the face of being a community, they are also people like us. They're hoping for a successful run for PSO2 here. Who knows? Maybe they'll make the game independent of SoJ's. Just maybe.

striker0
Jan 8, 2013, 11:34 PM
Honestly, I could care less if it gets released sometime this year, or if even at all.

Between reading what has been posted on this thread, and from a couple people that I know that play the JP server, the game sounds like a major bomb. I was really looking forward to this, because it also gave me a reason to finally upgrade my aging PC. But now, I'm not too sure.

I think I would rather go back to playing Ragnarok Online.

Raging Ghost
Jan 9, 2013, 02:58 PM
I'm waiting for the Vita version to come in.

The Walrus
Jan 9, 2013, 03:28 PM
You'll be waiting for a long time friend

Raging Ghost
Jan 9, 2013, 03:31 PM
You'll be waiting for a long time friend

Although I'll get the PC version, but when the Vita one is available, I'll be dumping it.

Seany1990
Jan 9, 2013, 03:33 PM
I'm waiting for the Vita version to come in.

JA Vita I seriously hope

Ezodagrom
Jan 9, 2013, 03:33 PM
Although I'll get the PC version, but when the Vita one is available, I'll be dumping it.
You could also play both Vita and PC versions, the Vita version won't be exactly the same as the PC version, it will have smaller maps, less enemies, but more emergency codes and longer PSE bursts, apparently.

Sierhiet
Jan 9, 2013, 04:11 PM
Honestly, this discussion has become redundant, and this thread was over pages ago. We are dealing with the same narcissistic group borderline praying for the EN version to fail for whatever self justifying reason. The same selective speculations while overlooking the key deviation: the game is F2P. That fact, in and of itself is the most important out of anything to merit a bit of intrigue, faith, or what have you in our native release.

Once again, it isn't as if the game is in development. This isn't a scenario similar to expecting posts from a Sakai blog, with never before seen content from an impending release. That stage is over. There is literally a small handful of questions which need answering, and that is it. How much content will we begin with. What are the slight differences in aesthetic content we will have in our release? When are we getting it?

The flow of information we are getting now is just as dry as the flow we were getting upon the initial JP release, and the game came out fine. Only difference is, any potential EN player can look upon what's happened with the JP release, and utilize that as a rough estimate as to what we should expect, where as we didn't have that same luxury whilst waiting for our the JP release until about closed beta.

Ezodagrom
Jan 9, 2013, 04:51 PM
Once again, it isn't as if the game is in development. This isn't a scenario similar to expecting posts from a Sakai blog, with never before seen content from an impending release. That stage is over. There is literally a small handful of questions which need answering, and that is it. How much content will we begin with. What are the slight differences in aesthetic content we will have in our release? When are we getting it?
Development is not "over", the game is in constant development, getting new content every few weeks.
Also, while we are aware of what Japan is getting, there are many who may not even be aware that PSO2 exists, it's SoA's job to advertise the game to the western community, but instead they're being silent.

The flow of information we are getting now is just as dry as the flow we were getting upon the initial JP release, and the game came out fine. Only difference is, any potential EN player can look upon what's happened with the JP release, and utilize that as a rough estimate as to what we should expect, where as we didn't have that same luxury whilst waiting for our the JP release until about closed beta.
That is completely false, there have been news about PSO2 JP every month since the blog was first created sometime after the first alpha test. While SoA has been silent for 4 months already.

Xaeris
Jan 9, 2013, 04:53 PM
At this point, it's easier to just wait and let reality vindicate our faithlessness than argue with the spin machine.

Sierhiet
Jan 9, 2013, 07:06 PM
Development is not "over", the game is in constant development, getting new content every few weeks.
Also, while we are aware of what Japan is getting, there are many who may not even be aware that PSO2 exists, it's SoA's job to advertise the game to the western community, but instead they're being silent.I'm talking about initial development. Pre-launch development which dictates how successful the launch will be. Not post launch development which will dictate the flow of content.

That is completely false, there have been news about PSO2 JP every month since the blog was first created sometime after the first alpha test. While SoA has been silent for 4 months already.

Excuse me, but it's completely factual and your arguing in a separate context. I'm comparing gaps of silence from initial announcement. PSO2 was announced in the middle of September, 2010 for our JP counter part. We didn't get anything else until Sakai made some mentions of it in a Dengeki interview. This didn't leak until the end of January. There is your 4 months, sir. Just like what we are experiencing now. Check the pso-world archives for yourself.

http://www.pso-world.com/news/new-topics/pso2?page=10
And that was just a small scrap of information.

Your right, we had a bit of consistency with the Sakai blogs, but once again that was during initial development and well after the initial announcement. We didn't get that until after alpha. That point is a bit moot. If we are going to compare respectively, then those waiting for the EN release still have a bit to wait for something that mirrors the Sakai blogs. I'm going by a timeline similar to what the JP release experienced.

Raging Ghost
Jan 9, 2013, 07:21 PM
Wait. When is the Vita version of the game becoming available?

Shadowth117
Jan 9, 2013, 07:29 PM
Wait. When is the Vita version of the game becoming available?

February 28th or so of this year if I recall.

Ezodagrom
Jan 9, 2013, 07:31 PM
Excuse me, but it's completely factual and your arguing in a separate context. I'm comparing gaps of silence from initial announcement. PSO2 was announced in the middle of September, 2010 for our JP counter part. We didn't get anything else until Sakai made some mentions of it in a Dengeki interview. This didn't leak until the end of January. There is your 4 months, sir. Just like what we are experiencing now. Check the pso-world archives for yourself.

http://www.pso-world.com/news/new-topics/pso2?page=10
And that was just a small scrap of information.

Your right, we had a bit of consistency with the Sakai blogs, but once again that was during initial development and well after the initial announcement. We didn't get that until after alpha. That point is a bit moot. If we are going to compare respectively, then those waiting for the EN release still have a bit to wait for something that mirrors the Sakai blogs. I'm going by a timeline similar to what the JP release experienced.
Well, you said "JP initial release", so I thought you were either talking about when the game was released or when it had its first test, not about when it was first announced.  ̄ω ̄

Ok, there was a long time without news after the first announcement, but we're past that point with the english version, they showed a demo at PAX, which is pretty much the same demo as TGS 2011, which is when PSO2 JP started getting news every month.
Plus the english version was announced for early 2013, that is sometime in the next 3 months or so, being this silent about the game so close to release is not a good sign.

Seany1990
Jan 9, 2013, 07:38 PM
Plus the english version was announced for early 2013, that is sometime in the next 3 months, being this silent about the game so close to release is not a good sign.
Oh I think its safe to say that a release before April isn't happening. We might get a public beta in March but that's the best i'm hoping for.

Ezodagrom
Jan 9, 2013, 07:49 PM
Oh I think its safe to say that a release before April isn't happening. We might get a public beta in March but that's the best i'm hoping for.
There's also the possibility that there could be no public testing for the english version (which most likely would result in a very bad launch). :\

Sierhiet
Jan 9, 2013, 08:02 PM
Well, you said "JP initial release", so I thought you were either talking about when the game was released or when it had its first test, not about when it was first announced.  ̄ω ̄

Ok, there was a long time without news after the first announcement, but we're past that point with the english version, they showed a demo at PAX, which is pretty much the same demo as TGS 2011, which is when PSO2 JP started getting news every month.
Continue down the archive, sir. The most we got for the JP details was closed beta testing information a month following. To be fair, we might not even get / need a closed beta test for our release. Once again, small tidbit details. Fast forward to April.
We finally get to see what the game looks like.

You absolutely have to compare the two fairly, and the only way to do that is to compare timelines. So recap. JP got their announcement in September. We got a small scratch of info from the Dengeki interview in January, the following year with actual game footage not showing up until April. 4 month intervals. The EN version on the other hand was announced in July of 2012. We got to actually see the game, in action, with a playable demo, ect. At PAX 2 months following that. (September I believe?) So who exactly had to wait longer, gentlemen? Because from my perspective, and compiling the facts, we've been treated rather decently when comparing the timelines.

Plus the english version was announced for early 2013, that is sometime in the next 3 months or so, being this silent about the game so close to release is not a good sign.

I will concede that the fact that they set an early 2013 would lead some to be a bit concerned, but that doesn't really have much to do with information flow, as stated above.

Macman
Jan 10, 2013, 05:45 AM
Sierhiet, the game was actually being DEVELOPED pre-JP release, so that would justify the silence during those few months.

SoA's sitting with their thumbs up their collective asses with the game already made.
All they have to do is translate/localize it and come up with their own server structure and we're just left sitting in the dark being told to F-off whenever we ask for any sort of information.

やすはら だいすけ
Jan 10, 2013, 06:01 AM
I was waiting for the PSO2 EN release for quite some time, ever since I found out, it's happening, by now I've gotten impatient, hence why I joined the japanese servers.

It won't take much from SEGA NA/EU to actually make me stay on the JP servers and only there, as I don't have much faith left for'em.

The PSU thing was a horrible experience and I'm not keen on going through that crap again.

It also depends on the content on release, if we're no-where close to the JP servers, they can go and screw themselves for all I care.

Sierhiet
Jan 10, 2013, 07:24 AM
Sierhiet, the game was actually being DEVELOPED pre-JP release, so that would justify the silence during those few months.

SoA's sitting with their thumbs up their collective asses with the game already made.
All they have to do is translate/localize it and come up with their own server structure and we're just left sitting in the dark being told to F-off whenever we ask for any sort of information.

I understand what your trying to say, but I already pointed that out in my explanation. That is being completely biased. The discussion was, should we be worried about our native release considering the the silence we've heard since PAX. My answer is absolutely not. We've gotten valuable information in less than half the time. Your trying to shift the argument from "We should be worried because of the info drought" which basically has been proven false, to "We should be getting information fast because the game is out of pre-dev." Which is neither true, nor factual.

The overall assumption that we're being shafted or starved of data is a complete lie, fabrication, or in some cases, over exaggeration of the true matter at hand.

The game is off of pre-development. Yes. But that only plays right into my point. Naturally, it would be OK to assume we would get some information a little faster. But that doesn't mean we are entitled to it. We are getting information as fast (or slow) as our JP counter part. The only difference is, we as EN players have the fortune of looking at what the JP servers have gotten, in order to measure what we can assume for our release.

Darki
Jan 10, 2013, 09:17 AM
The problem comes when you sum up this with pretty much everything else, like most PS series past releases in the US, and then is when you start to worry. In any case, this paragraph called my attention:

Honestly, this discussion has become redundant, and this thread was over pages ago. We are dealing with the same narcissistic group borderline praying for the EN version to fail for whatever self justifying reason. The same selective speculations while overlooking the key deviation: the game is F2P. That fact, in and of itself is the most important out of anything to merit a bit of intrigue, faith, or what have you in our native release.

You know, the fact that many people find hilarious the blind faith that other people like you show for SEGA and their international policies doesn't mean that we are a "narcissistic group" praying for the downfall of rhe EN version. The problem comes when you have a group, SoA, who doesn't get to grow balls yet to face SoJ's almost-xenophobic attitude with their foreign releases, and SoJ's attitude itself. But in any case, I think your attitude towards people who don't support the NA release is way past the line of politeness. Narcissistic... That's a new one. I wonder if you just throw insults out of spite or you actually think about their meaning before doing so.

The problem is that they're not going to change their way of mistreating you, and I mean you personally, and any other who thinks like you (understand that as a spanish player in the JP servers, the fate of the NA servers don't really affect me too much), unless they consider said way of handling things as something negative to their business, and sadly, the only thing they seem to care lately is about their pockets. Many of us don't see fair that because of the way you seem to drop your pants and bend over, SEGA won't ever learn the lesson and start doing things better, hence the seemingly eagerness for the EN release's downfall.

Maybe if they don't get a damn buck for it, they actually try better next time. Because throwing money at their faces doesn't seem to make them work better.

Seany1990
Jan 10, 2013, 09:24 AM
Maybe if they don't get a damn buck for it, they actually try better next time. Because throwing money at their faces doesn't seem to make them work better.
You think playing the JP version will improve this? No, they simply won't make an NA version because Europeans and Americans will play anyway.

Darki
Jan 10, 2013, 09:28 AM
You think playing the JP version will improve this? No, they simply won't make an NA version because Europeans and Americans will play anyway.

I never said that playing the JP version would improve anything. I don't play the JP version for that, I play it because it's the only one available and I don't feel like waiting for the US version.

But it doesn't seem that supporting the NA releases improve anything either. It didn't do for any of the franchise's previous games, not even once. Personally right now I'm out of ideas. Supporting their western version just makes them take the money for granted and work like shit till the games die out. Not supporting their version apparently would make them drop the game. What would make them actually do their damn job then?

Seany1990
Jan 10, 2013, 09:33 AM
I never said that playing the JP sersion would improve anything. I don't play the JP version for that, I play it because it's the only one aviable and I don't feel like waiting for the US version.

But it doesn't seem that supporting the NA releases improve anything either. It didn't do for any of the franchise's previous games, not even once.

The only way SoA will improve is if Non-Japanese boycott both versions.

Darki
Jan 10, 2013, 09:37 AM

How do you know? Same as with your previous statement, that's just a conjecture. That might just make them lose completely any shred of willingness to make any further western release. Is not like we get here all games from Japan anyways, one more wouldn't be a surprise, even if it's a franchise as popular as this. Hell, even games like the Tales series, that has so many fans here, and we didn't get Tales of the World 3 for the PSP being an awesome game, much better than the only one (the first) that we got.

Seany1990
Jan 10, 2013, 09:49 AM
How do you know?

The western market is far too big to ignore.

Darki
Jan 10, 2013, 09:53 AM
The western market is far too big to ignore.

Many companies ignore it partially. Is not like SEGA's only franchise is Phantasy Star series, and we get plenty of Sonic here.

Also I don't really get what do you mean with boycotting their JP version. You mean like those hackers?

Sierhiet
Jan 10, 2013, 10:05 AM
You sound exuberantly bitter, Darki, and loose as a cannon. The last time you and I had a discussion, you yourself weren't even keen to the facts and ended up looking entirely misinformed, so I would hope you wouldn't want a repeat of such. I'll humor you though.

The problem comes when you sum up this with pretty much everything else, like most PS series past releases in the US, and then is when you start to worry.

This has been discussed billions of times before. The discussion of this thread in particularly though was, should we be worried considering the lack of information flow. I have already proven we aren't deviating far from what the Japanese got in terms of information flow. Stay on topic, sir. If you want to go over the same tired argument of before, you can refer to threads of the past. Or, I'd be happy to have the discussion again.

You know, the fact that many people find hilarious the blind faith that other people like you show for SEGA and their international policies doesn't mean that we are a "narcissistic group" praying for the downfall of rhe EN version. The problem comes when you have a group, SoA, who doesn't get to grow balls yet to face SoJ's almost-xenophobic attitude with their foreign releases, and SoJ's attitude itself. But in any case, I think your attitude towards people who don't support the NA release is way past the line of politeness. Narcissistic... That's a new one. I wonder if you just throw insults out of spite or you actually think about their meaning before doing so.

Alright, did you even take the chance to read any of the fallacies coming from the peanut gallery? Anything other than my post? Or did you simply see my name in the most recent post, and just had to retort, in any way possible. It is not blind faith when I'm coming in with factual reference to disprove or support something. It is, however, blind rage when you get posts from individuals on the lines of "SOA doesn't give a shit about PSO2" with absolutely nothing supporting the ideal, other than past poor experiences (while simultaneously ignoring other data). Now Darki, you could either go back and sift through the stream of EN release bashing yourself, or I'd be happy to go through and hand pick every single post for you, and quote in my next post. Pick your poison. Also...

Narcissistic - egotistic: characteristic of those having an inflated idea of their own importance.

When you think 2 month intervals (EN) of information flow in comparison to 4 (JP) is unfair, and are perpetuating the ideal that this is a foreshadow of bad things to come, than yes, I think the above term would sum up the sense of entitlement some of us have had fairly nicely.

The problem is that they're not going to change their way of mistreating you, and I mean you personally, and any other who thinks like you, unless they consider said way of handling things as something negative to their business, and sadly, the only thing they seem to care lately is about their pockets. Many of us don't see fair that because of the way you seem to drop your pants and bend over, SEGA won't ever learn the lesson and start doing things better, hence the seemingly eagerness for the EN release's downfall.

This final quote is the most bitter, hate filled cluster of bile I think I've ever seen from you. Forget everything else for a second, but in the bolded your basically submitting that you want the EN release to fail financially so that we get a better game next time? Sir, are you serious? Am I reading that right? And then back to the top. All of that is absolute scornful bullshit. Your mad, and its oozing through that entire paragraph. The JP servers have been taking opinions from it's user base since day one, and applying changes (some I wouldn't agree with at all), so that whole bit about SEGA considering said ways of handling things, and only caring about their pockets isn't fair at all.

And that whole bit about us EN hopefuls dropping our pants in optimism? So what exactly are you doing when you jump ship to JP, ignore the TOS (or pretend it doesn't exist :wink:), are cut off officially AC wise, and then proceed to jump through more hurdles just to give THEM your money, while simultaneously dealing with a foreign client (languages). You are a hypocrite.

Sierhiet
Jan 10, 2013, 10:10 AM

This is exactly what the fuck I tried to tell them before. If you don't want to support the release, that's fine. No one is crucifying you for going JP. This entire forum is less of a condemnation of EN players supporting the JP release, and more so a defense of the EN release entirely. Daily. But don't sit here and add any bit of your opinion to the discussion of whether or not the EN release will be successful with selective reasoning because your impatient, or pissed about before, and not reasoning anything.

Ezodagrom
Jan 10, 2013, 10:20 AM
You absolutely have to compare the two fairly, and the only way to do that is to compare timelines. So recap. JP got their announcement in September. We got a small scratch of info from the Dengeki interview in January, the following year with actual game footage not showing up until April. 4 month intervals. The EN version on the other hand was announced in July of 2012. We got to actually see the game, in action, with a playable demo, ect. At PAX 2 months following that. (September I believe?) So who exactly had to wait longer, gentlemen? Because from my perspective, and compiling the facts, we've been treated rather decently when comparing the timelines.

I will concede that the fact that they set an early 2013 would lead some to be a bit concerned, but that doesn't really have much to do with information flow, as stated above.
As I see it, if they announced the game for, for example, the 2nd half of 2013, there would be no reasons to be concerned about the lack of information, but they announced it for early 2013, that could be anytime between now and march~april, it's not really about the "flow of information", but more about being so close to the supposed release date and having no new info for 4 months, seeing them not doing anything to advertise the game.

Sierhiet
Jan 10, 2013, 10:29 AM
As I see it, if they announced the game for, for example, the 2nd half of 2013, there would be no reasons to be concerned about the lack of information, but they announced it for early 2013, that could be anytime between now and march~april, it's not really about the "flow of information", but more about being so close to the supposed release date and having no new info for 4 months and seeing them not doing anything to advertise the game.

I agree with the bolded, but that wasn't the argument you were making a few posts ago. This thread is filled with posters basically saying we haven't heard anything and that JP got more info, more frequent. None of that is true. The only reason any of you are really concerned at this point is because of the close release date. Not because of a lack of advertisement or no new info. JP didn't even get to see what the game looked like for 8 months. Forget advertising. And before that, as I highlighted, we only got little drops of info. They would have been better off not setting potential release date for some of you. From my observation, it's caused a certain level of anxiety in everyone.

Darki
Jan 10, 2013, 10:34 AM
You sound exuberantly bitter, Darki, and loose as a cannon. The last time you and I had a discussion, you yourself weren't even keen to the facts and ended up looking entirely misinformed, so I would hope you wouldn't want a repeat of such. I'll humor you though.

Last time we got a discussion we were talking about something entirely different, namely, a rule in SoJ's TOS, in which yes, I was wrong, but because that rule had been changed (not that I was coming up with it entirely); And the fact that the same situation had been up for all of JP PSU's life and none of the consequences you spoke of arose.

I admitted my mistake concerning the fact involved with that matter, not with the matter itself (because I didn't have to).

This has been discussed billions of times before. The discussion of this thread in particularly though was, should we be worried considering the lack of information flow. I have already proven we aren't deviating far from what the Japanese got in terms of information flow. Stay on topic, sir. If you want to go over the same tired argument of before, you can refer to threads of the past. Or, I'd be happy to have the discussion again.

As it has been stated in this thread already, the situation with the JP release and the US one are entirely different, so it's only logical that we treat differently matters regarding said releases.

Alright, did you even take the chance to read any of the fallacies coming from the peanut gallery? Anything other than my post? Or did you simply see my name in the most recent post, and just had to retort, in any way possible. It is not blind faith when I'm coming in with factual reference to disprove or support something. It is, however, blind rage when you get posts from individuals on the lines of "SOA doesn't give a shit about PSO2" with absolutely nothing supporting the ideal, other than past poor experiences (while simultaneously ignoring other data). Now Darki, you could either go back and sift through the stream of EN release bashing yourself, or I'd be happy to go through and hand pick every single post for you, and quote in my next post. Pick your poison.

Honestly, I could care less about your name in this forum, but as it has happened previously, it surprised me the attitude of your past answer and couldn't help myself to answer, although I don't remember showing any hatred in my own answer towards you. It's you the one who take my post and overreacts completely.

Also, I love how you talk about ignoring other data when you're the first who deems much of that previous data as "past por experiences". The fact that you niptick the information that supports your point to make it stand out as the information against, doesn't make it equal.

Also...

Narcissistic - egotistic: characteristic of those having an inflated idea of their own importance.

Which proves my point. When did we show that behaviour?

When you think 2 month intervals (EN) of information flow in comparison to 4 (JP) is unfair, and are perpetuating the ideal that this is a foreshadow of bad things to come, than yes, I think the above term would sum up the sense of entitlement some of us have had fairly nicely.

I would entirely agree with you if that was the only issue, but of course you'd answer me now that this is now what the thread is about.

This final quote is the most bitter, hate filled cluster of bile I think I've ever seen from you. Forget everything else for a second, but in the bolded your basically submitting that you want the EN release to fail financially so that we get a better game next time? Sir, are you serious? Am I reading that right? And then back to the top. All of that is absolute scornful bullshit. Your mad, and its oozing through that entire paragraph. The JP servers have been taking opinions from it's user base since day one, and applying changes (some I wouldn't agree with at all), so that whole bit about SEGA considering said ways of handling things, and only caring about their pockets isn't fair at all.

But I see that you just take the words and interpret them as you see fit to demonize my point of view. In which part of that sentence (and the following posts that weren't adressed at you, but about the same matter) did I ever show any sort of eagerness or wish for the EN release to fail. Interestingly yu don't seem to have anything against the one who talked about boycotting not only the US but also the JP release to make the point clear.

The fact that I wonder what could possibly make SEGA work on this release for a change doesn't mean that I support any of those possibilities. The thing is that, we've been willing pets on previous releases and that didn't change anything, so I didn't think that was neccessary to add to my statement. Suggesting that maybe a financial failure this time might cause this change of attitude doesn't mean that I wish, expect and even enjoy said future.

And that whole bit about us EN hopefuls dropping our pants in optimism? So what exactly are you doing when you jump ship to JP, ignore the TOS (or pretend it doesn't exist :wink:), are cut off officially AC wise, and then proceed to jump through more hurdles just to give THEM your money, while simultaneously dealing with a foreign client (languages). You are a hypocrite.

Why would I be a hypocrite for playing the only version of the game available at the moment and that has the most chances to success?

Also, you're assuming 1) that I'm ignoring the TOS, which I know perfectly of (but hey, use that mistake of mine now and every future discussion, I was expecting that sort of behavior), but I simply consider the pros and cons of breaking that one rule; 2) that I jump though more hurdles to play in the JP servers (I hope you enumerate them, I simply registered in a page, downloaded a game and started playing) and 3) that me dealing with one foreign client would cause me any more problems that dealing with another foreign client.

About the money, I suppose you're not as naive as to think that what you'd pay for the US release is going to stay there. SEGA is an international corporation, and what you will pay in the US supports the JP server as much as the opposite does.

Will_Nonheim
Jan 10, 2013, 10:54 AM
Actually, I'd say your comparison is a bit skewed, Sierhiet. You're comparing the time it took Sonic Team/Sega of Japan to make a full game and put it online to the time it's taking the American team to just translate it and put it online.

I seem to recall a patch translates quite a bit of the game, the bits remaining untranslated being due to the data being server-side; patch made by a fan in his or her spare time, rather than something a professional is paid all day to do.
Just some little details I thought were worth imputting.

Seany1990
Jan 10, 2013, 10:58 AM
Actually, I'd say your comparison is a bit skewed, Sierhiet. You're comparing the time it took Sonic Team/Sega of Japan to make a full game and put it online to the time it's taking the American team to just translate it and put it online.

I seem to recall a patch translates quite a bit of the game, the bits remaining untranslated being due to the data being server-side; patch made by a fan in his or her spare time, rather than something a professional is paid all day to do.
Just some little details I thought were worth imputting.

A community will always get things done faster than an official representative.

Will_Nonheim
Jan 10, 2013, 11:00 AM
A community will always get things done faster than an official representative.

Yeah, you're probably right. Still, the comparison sticks : we're comparing making a full game vs. a translation job, really. Not exactly a direct comparison, is it?

Cagedtaytay
Jan 10, 2013, 11:00 AM
Well. I would say this thread has gone down the toilet.
Just look at all the stupid.

Ezodagrom
Jan 10, 2013, 11:08 AM
I agree with the bolded, but that wasn't the argument you were making a few posts ago. This thread is filled with posters basically saying we haven't heard anything and that JP got more info, more frequent. None of that is true. The only reason any of you are really concerned at this point is because of the close release date. Not because of a lack of advertisement or no new info. JP didn't even get to see what the game looked like for 8 months. Forget advertising. And before that, as I highlighted, we only got little drops of info. They would have been better off not setting potential release date for some of you. From my observation, it's caused a certain level of anxiety in everyone.
Sometimes I'm not really good at making my point clear (plus I had some time to think about my opinion better)... ^^;
About the bolded part, it's not exactly how you say. The reason for being worried or for the lack of trust in SoA is because of the lack of advertisement and lack of info this close to the release date, it's basically because of both things together.
Little drops of info every now and then would have been alot better than this complete silence from SoA. It's not even just the lack of info, but also the lack of posts from SoA representatives in the official forums and facebook page, this just gives an impression that they don't care about the game, I mean, they could be talking with the community without revealing info that they can't reveal, right?

Caledonia
Jan 10, 2013, 11:09 AM
Yeah, you're probably right. Still, the comparison sticks : we're comparing making a full game vs. a translation job, really. Not exactly a direct comparison, is it?

To be fair, there is probably an element of rebalancing happening as well. I doubt if, when the game comes "Hard" will be as "Hard" as on the JP servers.

To be a zealous, indignant fangirl, that could be done in a beta that they could have announced by now.

Darki
Jan 10, 2013, 11:15 AM
To be fair, there is probably an element of rebalancing happening as well. I doubt if, when the game comes "Hard" will be as "Hard" as on the JP servers.

To be a zealous, indignant fangirl, that could be done in a beta that they could have announced by now.

Even a rebalancing can't take as much as making a game from scratch... <_<

And to be honest, I doubt they'll do that. If by raising the difficulty you mean raising the numb4rz of the monsters stats, maybe yes, but that's not what makes the game generally easy as hell, is also the fact that some enemies prefer to dance for 15 seconds before attemping an attack, and stuff like that. That involves enemy AI tweaking... I don't think they'll touch that.

Caledonia
Jan 10, 2013, 11:19 AM
Even a rebalancing can't take as much as making a game from scratch... <_<

Have you ever tried to read someone else's code?

Actually I agree, hence the zealous, indignant fangirl comment. I'm just setting out that there is likely more than simple translation going on.

Sierhiet
Jan 10, 2013, 11:20 AM
As it has been stated in this thread already, the situation with the JP release and the US one are entirely different, so it's only logical that we treat differently matters regarding said releases.
Basically a reiteration of what I said, so I agree. But I assume in terms of different matters, your still trying to make a point of highlighting past experiences which is fine if you want to go that route. But once again, don't dance around everything else. I was pin point on topic.

Honestly, I could care less about your name in this forum, but as it has happened previously, it surprised me the attitude of your past answer and couldn't help myself to answer, although I don't remember showing any hatred in my own answer towards you. It's you the one who take my post and overreacts completely.
Spare me. I was having a civil discussion with another poster, and you dropped in with that gem.

Also, I love how you talk about ignoring other data when you're the first who deems much of that previous data as "past por experiences". The fact that you niptick the information that supports your point to make it stand out as the information against, doesn't make it equal.
Once again, you didn't read the entire post. The discussion was, "Should we be worried about the EN release because of the lack of information these past 4 months? Are we being treated any worse than the JP fan base?" I'm not nitpicking anything. Past experiences simply factor into the broader argument, which I said I would be happy to have with you again.

Which proves my point. When did we show that behaviour?
When your complaining about being fed information worse, or less frequent then you think you should, when we are simply getting information at a pace similar to our JP counter part. Not you in particularly, as this is your first post in this thread. I'm talking about previous posters, which is why I said to go back and read the thread.

I would entirely agree with you if that was the only issue, but of course you'd answer me now that this is now what the thread is about.
Refer to the above. If you want this broader argument again, then let me know.

But I see that you just take the words and interpret them as you see fit to demonize my point of view. In which part of that sentence (and the following posts that weren't adressed at you, but about the same matter) did I ever show any sort of eagerness or wish for the EN release to fail.
I would suggest going back and reading your previous post, over, and over, and over again. And then reading mine. Your backpedaling. I quoted exactly what you said and asked you specifically if you were serious, and thought that it would help anything. I didn't make any assumptions whether or not you were sworn to your statement. It's a silly thing to propose, irregardless, especially if you yourself don't fancy it a good idea.

Interestingly yu don't seem to have anything against the one who talked about boycotting not only the US but also the JP release to make the point clear.
I don't see why not? He's not being a hypocrite about the situation.

The fact that I wonder what could possibly make SEGA work on this release for a change doesn't mean that I support any of those possibilities. The thing is that, we've been willing pets on previous releases and that didn't change anything, so I didn't think that was neccessary to add to my statement. Suggesting that maybe a financial failure this time might cause this change of attitude doesn't mean that I wish, expect and even enjoy said future.

Refer to the above.

Why would I be a hypocrite for playing the only version of the game available at the moment and that has the most chances to success?
I'm not going to bother answering this. You basically answered your own question. Your trying to pump your personal experience, or reason for doing something, and applying it as fact when you know as well as I do, that is not the reasoning behind everyone else's reasoning to act.

Also, you're assuming 1) that I'm ignoring the TOS, which I know perfectly of (but hey, use that mistake of mine now and every future discussion, I was expecting that sort of behavior), but I simply consider the pros and cons of breaking that one rule; 2) that I jump though more hurdles to play in the JP servers (I hope you enumerate them, I simply registered in a page, downloaded a game and started playing) and 3) that me dealing with one foreign client would cause me any more problems that dealing with another foreign client.
Sure whatever, downplay the facts of the matter. That's your opinion, and you are entitled to it. Let's go back to your previous post though. How exactly are we EN hopefuls bending over for anything by factoring in reasons for a bit of optimism? Because that hasn't been addressed yet, and your the one who made the accusation starting this entire shmeel.

About the money, I suppose you're not as naive as to think that what you'd pay for the US release is going to stay there. SEGA is an international corporation, and what you will pay in the US supports the JP server as much as the opposite does.
You assumed correctly. :smile: Is this a clever way of attempting to tell us that it doesn't matter what server we play on? Then why exactly did you open your mouth at all to tell us how blindly optimistic we are, and how profoundly correct you are in not wanting to play EN? Moot point.

Darki
Jan 10, 2013, 11:22 AM
Have you ever tried to read someone else's code?

As a matter of fact, I've done. But I don't think stuff like character and enemy parameters, and in-game text to be translated, would be entirely integrated into the code and not into a separated spreadsheet. Even if it was my own code, I wouln't do that or else need to modify everything whenever I wanna add something new or modify the old. It'd be a pain in the ass, to be honest.

That's what I meant with the enemy AI. Parameters I don't think are that hard to tweak (they'd be harder to test, I guess), but to modify the enemy's AI they can't do anything else but change code, I suppose.

Sierhiet
Jan 10, 2013, 11:23 AM
Sometimes I'm not really good at making my point clear (plus I had some time to think about my opinion better)... ^^;
About the bolded part, it's not exactly how you say. The reason for being worried or for the lack of trust in SoA is because of the lack of advertisement and lack of info this close to the release date, it's basically because of both things together.
Little drops of info every now and then would have been alot better than this complete silence from SoA. It's not even just the lack of info, but also the lack of posts from SoA representatives in the official forums and facebook page, this just gives an impression that they don't care about the game, I mean, they could be talking with the community without revealing info that they can't reveal, right?
It's cool friend, and yes. Some communication is always better then no communication. I agree. But I wouldn't go as far as to say it's an indication of their lack of care or ineptness.

Cyrusnagisa
Jan 10, 2013, 11:25 AM
I am worried about one thing, not the game itself but what goes on around it....... As we see, it is starting to look like PSU again, in terms of treatment outside JP. What I am really worried about though is this self hurting cycle of destruction I am already starting to notice in some members. As much as I am starting to dislike Sega's practices in reference to this game in general, I will support the International release. Want to know why? The cycle I talked about......

People who are playing the JP version right now say that if the IN version does not have "this" or "that" they will not bother and stay with the JP version.... but you know what that tells Sega? It tells them that they do not have to bother updating the IN version, as they already have their main player base happy with the JP version, and we will have the PSO/PSU cycle happen all over again.

I will say it here...... if you continue to play the JP version after the IN version is released, the only thing you are accomplishing is the faster downfall of the IN version.

I myself an fooling around with the JP version myself, but once the IN version hits, I am dropping it like a grenade as I would like to be able to understand EVERYTHING in the game, and to me, that is more important then having every feature available at launch.

Nexoz
Jan 10, 2013, 11:29 AM
I'm a little worried due to the lack of information about the EU/NA version of the game since PAX 2012.

I'm hoping that the reason for this lack of info is because that they're hard at work on translating on what they got.

Ezodagrom
Jan 10, 2013, 11:33 AM
I am worried about one thing, not the game itself but what goes on around it....... As we see, it is starting to look like PSU again, in terms of treatment outside JP. What I am really worried about though is this self hurting cycle of destruction I am already starting to notice in some members. As much as I am starting to dislike Sega's practices in reference to this game in general, I will support the International release. Want to know why? The cycle I talked about......

People who are playing the JP version right now say that if the IN version does not have "this" or "that" they will not bother and stay with the JP version.... but you know what that tells Sega? It tells them that they do not have to bother updating the IN version, as they already have their main player base happy with the JP version, and we will have the PSO/PSU cycle happen all over again.

I will say it here...... if you continue to play the JP version after the IN version is released, the only thing you are accomplishing is the faster downfall of the IN version.

I myself an fooling around with the JP version myself, but once the IN version hits, I am dropping it like a grenade as I would like to be able to understand EVERYTHING in the game, and to me, that is more important then having every feature available at launch.
And...why should we (the ones staying in JP) care about the english version failing or not?
One of the jobs for the western branches of SEGA is to make players interested in the english version of the game, if all they do is staying silent when we're getting close to the supposed release date, if they don't show that they care about the western version, then I won't care either.

Darki
Jan 10, 2013, 11:46 AM
Spare me. I was having a civil discussion with another poster, and you dropped in with that gem.

Spare me, then, as I though posting in a forum meant that the discussion is open to other people. =/

Look, I understand your point of view, and I don't have any problem on discussing the way we're doing on this particular single post. But excuse me if sometimes I get irked at the way you start calling names so easily, and labelling people, like you did in the post I first quoted (and then on your first answer to me), which causes me to use a similar tone. You might notice a more civic way of answering now that correlates to yours, I hope.

Once again, you didn't read the entire post. The discussion was, "Should we be worried about the EN release because of the lack of information these past 4 months? Are we being treated any worse than the JP fan base?" I'm not nitpicking anything. Past experiences simply factor into the broader argument, which I said I would be happy to have with you again.

I read the post, but I don't really think is that easy to completely ignore the rest of the argument and center it only in the issue of the lack of information itself. Poeple fear this lack of information precisely because of all the other issues, that's all I meant.

When your complaining about being fed information worse, or less frequent then you think you should, when we are simply getting information at a pace similar to our JP counter part. Not you in particularly, as this is your first post in this thread. I'm talking about previous posters, which is why I said to go back and read the thread.

But I can't entirely agree with you, because as Ezodagrom said, the situation is different. Is not that "I" think I deserve more information (honestly I don't really care, not because of whatever NA version hatred that you want to think about but because I usually preferto forget about any game I'm waiting for until is released just to avoid the stress of following every tiny bit of info). It's just that considering what SoA has to do with the game, which is much less than SoJ at this point, it's weird the lack of info.

And that, specially considering that SoA must be the first one aware of the fanbase's general opinion on their ways, to be honest. I guess they simply don't care.

Refer to the above. If you want this broader argument again, then let me know.

Wouldn't have any problem with it, but I don't think we'd reach any different oppinion with it.

I would suggest going back and reading your previous post, over, and over, and over again. And then reading mine. Your backpedaling. I quoted exactly what you said and asked you specifically if you were serious, and thought that it would help anything. I didn't make any assumptions whether or not you were sworn to your statement. It's a silly thing to propose, irregardless, especially if you yourself don't fancy it a good idea.

Yet, you called me hypocrite assuming what you just say you didn't. Swift. There are ways and ways of "asking", and yours was everything but subtle. If you want a direct answer, while I don't think it's a good solution, I wonder if it would be the one that would work, since the opposite doesn't seem to. But I don't believe I hinted any sort of eagerness and happiness on that idea. I'm the first one who would be happy if the NA server succeeded, but for real, not what happened in PSU.

I don't see why not? He's not being a hypocrite about the situation.

Neither am I.

I'm not going to bother answering this. You basically answered your own question. Your trying to pump your personal experience, or reason for doing something, and applying it as fact when you know as well as I do, that is not the reasoning behind everyone else's reasoning to act.

Exactly, what personal experience in particular are we talking about?

Sure whatever, downplay the facts of the matter. That's your opinion, and you are entitled to it. Let's go back to your previous post though. How exactly are we EN hopefuls bending over for anything by factoring in reasons for a bit of optimism? Because that hasn't been addressed yet, and your the one who made the accusation starting this entire shmeel.

Of course it's my opinion, since you asked me personally. Why would that be wrong?

But you're the one who make the accusation of us EN "hopeless" (to use some different term) to wish for NA server's downfall and even enjoy the idea, when many of us are just of a similar opinion to what I mentioned a bit above.

I just like the idea of you making that accusation as less as you like that one I made.

You assumed correctly. :smile: Is this a clever way of attempting to tell us that it doesn't matter what server we play on? Then why exactly did you open your mouth at all to tell us how blindly optimistic we are, and how profoundly correct you are in not wanting to play EN? Moot point.

Not really, it was simply an answer to one of your questions, which I wouldn't understand you asking unless it supposed a problem for you. Why do you ask for the purpose of some of my answers, when you're the one who asked for them? =/

Caledonia
Jan 10, 2013, 11:49 AM
if they don't show that they care about the western version, then I won't care either.

That's just defeatism. (You) We are customers/consumers we have expectations and rights, and the best platform in the world (the internet) to make our voices heard. -We're just not using it very effectively at the moment, if we're only hashing this out between ourselves.

To make my point: If Amazon (UK) didn't care about UK deliveries any more, and the service slipped compared to Amazon (US) who's service continued you can bet there'd be a public backlash. Why should Sega be any different?

Perhaps you, specifically won't feel this way, as you are happy with your service. But it's entirely a two-way industry -if enough consumers care, a company can be made to answer. (If Sega (JP) didn't care, would you stop playing or complain?)

I'm a little worried due to the lack of information about the EU/NA version of the game since PAX 2012.

That worries me too. You'd think they'd have at least updated the teaser site with pictures from the event.

Darki
Jan 10, 2013, 11:55 AM

That cycle started when SEGA, not the players, decided to drop the content and the support to the game gradually, which made the players to lose interest in it, and I assume, that led to SEGA giving even less support as the playerbase started to shrink.

I used this example already but it fits perfectly here. Basically you're telling me that instead of going to a supermarket at the other side of the town to buy my groceries which always got generally good quality products even though I gotta drive there, I should throw money at a grocery store near my door that started selling half-expired shit and whose clerk insults me when I pass near the door and don't buy.

Shouldn't the grocery store be the one improving their services, and showing that improvement first, to atract the clients? That's how business is made, you know.

Ezodagrom
Jan 10, 2013, 11:57 AM
That's just defeatism. (You) We are customers/consumers we have expectations and rights, and the best platform in the world (the internet) to make our voices heard. -We're just not using it very effectively at the moment, if we're only hashing this out between ourselves.

To make my point: If Amazon (UK) didn't care about UK deliveries any more, and the service slipped compared to Amazon (US) who's service continued you can bet there'd be a public backlash. Why should Sega be any different?

Perhaps you, specifically won't feel this way, as you are happy with your service. But it's entirely a two-way industry -if enough consumers care, a company can be made to answer. (If Sega (JP) didn't care, would you stop playing or complain?)
This is not a physical product though, this is a digital product, and if the SoA version of the product is not good enough in my eyes, I won't support it and will support the SoJ version instead.

Darki
Jan 10, 2013, 12:02 PM

But there was a public backslash... =/ Or it wasn't enough that the US servers of PSU died due to lack of support? Unfortunately I live too far from SoA HQs to go there with torches and hooks (I mean, for if the death of their servers wasn't enough, y'now), but it's SEGA who decided to drop the game instead of trying to improve the services, when they got that backslash. Why would be that the customers' fault? =/

But as I said before, we've been in that position already. Many of us have been throwing money at SoA's faces for much more than PSU (and PSPo) deserved. We can do it again, but some of us don't have that much money to throw to begin with... Maybe if we try something new, like SEGA showing uss some love to begin with, instead of us? In a love relationship, is both parties who gotta support it. <_<

Caledonia
Jan 10, 2013, 12:02 PM
This is not a physical product though, this is a digital product, and if the SoA version of the product is not good enough in my eyes, I won't support it and will support the SoJ version instead.

The "Service" of my example is not a physical product either. So I don't know what point you're making by bringing that up.

And I'm not suggesting support either; more like complaint/feedback. If the SoA version doesn't measure up, let them know what you don't like so they can attempt to correct it. Even while you continue to give Sega (JP) all your money ^^

Seany1990
Jan 10, 2013, 12:04 PM
will support the SoJ version instead.
In my opinion this is a poor attitude, but each to their own.

Darki
Jan 10, 2013, 12:05 PM
In my opinion this is a poor attitude, but each to their own.

No, it's called business.

Seany1990
Jan 10, 2013, 12:09 PM
No, it's called business.

Business for who? SoJ? Why should I care about them? I'm European.

Edit: I already know that Sega games are made in Japan before somebody mentions that.

Caledonia
Jan 10, 2013, 12:10 PM
But there was a public backslash... =/ Or it wasn't enough that the US servers of PSU died due to lack of support? Unfortunately I live too far from SoA HQs to go there with torches and hooks (I mean, for if the death of their servers wasn't enough, y'now), but it's SEGA who decided to drop the game instead of trying to improve the services, when they got that backslash. Why would be that the customers' fault? =/

But as I said before, we've been in that position already. Many of us have been throwing money at SoA's faces for much more than PSU (and PSPo) deserved. We can do it again, but some of us don't have that much money to throw to begin with...

Maybe if we try something new, like SEGA showing us some love to begin with, instead of us? In a love relationship, is both parties who gotta support it. <_<

I'm not saying it'd work. Just that this is the way the consumer industry is set up currently.

Yeah, Sega could show some love (that'd be great in fact) but as they're not why are we only complaining to ourselves? How do we 'support' the game as you say with only our own input?

Ezodagrom
Jan 10, 2013, 12:11 PM
The "Service" of my example is not a physical product either. So I don't know what point you're making by bringing that up.

And I'm not suggesting support either; more like complaint/feedback. If the SoA version doesn't measure up, let them know what you don't like so they can attempt to correct it. Even while you continue to give Sega (JP) all your money ^^
Amazon performs physical deliveries, that's why I brought up physical products, if Amazon UK was shutdown it wouldn't be as simple as the international version of PSO2 being shutdown or a store that sells digital products only being shutdown. ^^;

When it comes to buying digital products (for example digital games), I buy from stores that I can trust and buy from the one that has the best price, I don't side with specific companies, I just go to the ones that offer me the best service.
Kinda the same thing here, it's SoA's job to make customers interested in their game, if they fail at doing that, I go somewhere else (SoJ).

Cyrusnagisa
Jan 10, 2013, 12:16 PM
That cycle started when SEGA, not the players, decided to drop the content and the support to the game gradually, which made the players to lose interest in it, and I assume, that led to SEGA giving even less support as the playerbase started to shrink.

I used this example already but it fits perfectly here. Basically you're telling me that instead of going to a supermarket at the other side of the town to buy my groceries which always got generally good quality products even though I gotta drive there, I should throw money at a grocery store near my door that started selling half-expired shit and whose clerk insults me when I pass near the door and don't buy.

Shouldn't the grocery store be the one improving their services, and showing that improvement first, to atract the clients? That's how business is made, you know.

that example does not fit here -.- and yes Sega started it, and we should be the ones to end it.

The bottom line is that instead of voicing their opinion to Sega, they do it here instead, and "stick with the JP version" that is not the correct or smart thing to do.

Play the IN version, if it is not up to snuff, send in feed back, it is that simple. It is down right asinine to continue to support the JP version, when you should be supporting your own country's version instead.

I am tired of seeing Phantasy Star treated as it is outside Japan, but it is not all Sega's fault.

Sierhiet
Jan 10, 2013, 12:17 PM
Spare me, then, as I though posting in a forum meant that the discussion is open to other people. =/
Then discuss. Don't tell me, or anyone else that we're dropping our pants while waiting for a native game release. That is not what you did.

I read the post, but I don't really think is that easy to completely ignore the rest of the argument and center it only in the issue of the lack of information itself. Poeple fear this lack of information precisely because of all the other issues, that's all I meant.
I understand, but it is what it is. I'm going by topic. We've had the other argument numerous times before.

But I can't entirely agree with you, because as Ezodagrom said, the situation is different. Is not that "I" think I deserve more information (honestly I don't really care, not because of whatever NA version hatred that you want to think about but because I usually preferto forget about any game I'm waiting for until is released just to avoid the stress of following every tiny bit of info). It's just that considering what SoA has to do with the game, which is much less than SoJ at this point, it's weird the lack of info.
I understand this as well, but once again, I think you should read the thread. I answered the situation concerning the data flow. We aren't getting treated any different, so the "They don't care" argument is moot. Also, you seem to be ignoring the bulk of EN release hate posts, which is who I'm referring to with my narcissistic comment. It isn't EN hopefuls criticizing English JP players, its the other way around. That is a fact.

Yet, you called me hypocrite assuming what you just say you didn't. Swift. There are ways and ways of "asking", and yours was everything but subtle. If you want a direct answer, while I don't think it's a good solution, I wonder if it would be the one that would work, since the opposite doesn't seem to. But I don't believe I hinted any sort of eagerness and happiness on that idea. I'm the first one who would be happy if the NA server succeeded, but for real, not what happened in PSU.
I'm calling you a hypocrite for numerous reasons, not just that. One reason being your basically ignoring the other posts within the thread. Your selective reasoning when weighing pros and cons in considering the EN release. Ect.

Exactly, what personal experience in particular are we talking about?
You personally aren't worried about the TOS (risks vs. gain) You personally don't have an issue with using the JP client, or aren't worried about installing the patch. You personally are either playing without AC, or don't have an issue with going through the process of purchasing webmoney. Interest included.

Of course it's my opinion, since you asked me personally. Why would that be wrong?
Because you were arguing in broad terms, defending EN "hopeless" (who aren't just hopeless, they are bashing the hell out of the release, and anyone who supports it). Your flip flopping between your personal opinion, to the opinion you feel everyone on your side shares.

Not really, it was simply an answer to one of your questions, which I wouldn't understand you asking unless it supposed a problem for you. Why do you ask for the purpose of some of my answers, when you're the one who asked for them? =/
I didn't ask you anything about that statement. You just threw it in.

Caledonia
Jan 10, 2013, 12:19 PM
Amazon performs physical deliveries, that's why I brought up physical products, if Amazon UK was shutdown it wouldn't be as simple as the international version of PSO2 being shutdown or a store that sells digital products only being shutdown. ^^;

Okay, bad example on my part, it does get confusing differentiating between "service" and "product" but I hope you get the point I was actually making about the consumer voice being a powerful force.

Kinda the same thing here, it's SoA's job to make customers interested in their game, if they fail at doing that, I go somewhere else (SoJ).

And I'm cool with that -but when you do could you let SoA know where/why they fail so they have the consumer feedback? If people just disappear in silence nothing changes.

NoiseHERO
Jan 10, 2013, 12:20 PM
Can't wait till this chatroom comes out.

Ezodagrom
Jan 10, 2013, 12:29 PM
And I'm cool with that -but when you do could you let SoA know where/why they fail so they have the consumer feedback? If people just disappear in silence nothing changes.

It's not even just the lack of info, but also the lack of posts from SoA representatives in the official forums and facebook page, this just gives an impression that they don't care about the game, I mean, they could be talking with the community without revealing info that they can't reveal, right?
And I did give feedback in their official forums, even made a topic about making suggestions for the english release there, but with no one from SoA even posting in the official forums, it's like the feedback is falling into deaf ears.

unicorn
Jan 10, 2013, 12:36 PM
Phantasy Star could really be a kick-ass series internationally, but SEGA doesn't promote it and lacks customer service.

Caledonia
Jan 10, 2013, 12:36 PM
And I did give feedback in their official forums, even made a topic about making suggestions for the english release there, but with no one from SoA even posting in the official forums, it's like the feedback is falling into deaf ears.

-If the forums/facebook don't work, find a bigger, more public venue.

Though, I'm beginning to sound a bit revolutionist here. Which is scary o_0

Darki
Jan 10, 2013, 12:38 PM
Business for who? SoJ? Why should I care about them? I'm European.

Edit: I already know that Sega games are made in Japan before somebody mentions that.

Then why do you consider it a poor attitude to support the JP version? For the record, I'm european too, you know.

With business, I mean that if we reduce it to the minimun terms, we get that SEGA sells two products: US and JP servers. The fact that someone would "buy" the better product (if proven better, of course) just makes the most logical outcome, don't you think?

I'm not saying it'd work. Just that this is the way the consumer industry is set up currently.

Yeah, Sega could show some love (that'd be great in fact) but as they're not why are we only complaining to ourselves? How do we 'support' the game as you say with only our own input?

I'm not entirely sure of what you mean here. Consumer industry, nowadays, I don't see it any different in terms of videogames as for anything else. You create a product, if people likes it they will buy, if not, they wont. End of story. I think it'd be a bad turn that this exchange turned into a "customers beg for a product to be done, if company delivers customers pay, if not they beg more for it".

that example does not fit here -.- and yes Sega started it, and we should be the ones to end it.

The bottom line is that instead of voicing their opinion to Sega, they do it here instead, and "stick with the JP version" that is not the correct or smart thing to do.

Play the IN version, if it is not up to snuff, send in feed back, it is that simple. It is down right asinine to continue to support the JP version, when you should be supporting your own country's version instead.

I am tired of seeing Phantasy Star treated as it is outside Japan, but it is not all Sega's fault.

That example fits perfectly, It's SEGA who has to make their product appealing to their customers, not the other way around, and that's the only thing there is to it. Trying to blame the fanbase when most of use have supported this franchise even at it's worst is really unfair, particulary when, actually, it's not even MY OWN COUNTRY (and SEGA decidedto entirely drop the european branch, by the way, very nice from their part eh?). And sorry but adding patriotism into the equation when we're talking about this sort of busines is as lame as it gets. In any case, for me there's no real reason to choose US over JP, but if you wanna do it out of love for your flag, I respect that.

Cyrusnagisa
Jan 10, 2013, 12:39 PM
-If the forums/facebook don't work, find a bigger, more public venue.

Though, I'm beginning to sound a bit revolutionist here. Which is scary o_0

Viva la Phantasy Star !

Cyrusnagisa
Jan 10, 2013, 12:42 PM
Then why do you consider it a poor attitude to support the JP version? For the record, I'm european too, you know.

With business, I mean that if we reduce it to the minimun terms, we get that SEGA sells two products: US and JP servers. The fact that someone would "buy" the better product (if proven better, of course) just makes the most logical outcome, don't you think?

I'm not entirely sure of what you mean here. Consumer industry, nowadays, I don't see it any different in terms of videogames as for anything else. You create a product, if people likes it they will buy, if not, they wont. End of story. I think it'd be a bad turn that this exchange turned into a "customers beg for a product to be done, if company delivers customers pay, if not they beg more for it".

That example fits perfectly, It's SEGA who has to make their product appealing to their customers, not the other way around, and that's the only thing there is to it. Trying to blame the fanbase when most of use have supported this franchise even at it's worst is really unfair, particulary when, actually, it's not even MY OWN COUNTRY. And sorry but adding patriotism into the equation when we're talking about this sort of busines is as lame as it gets. In any case, for me there's no real reason to choose US over JP, but if you wanna do it out of love for your flag, I respect that.

do not stick crap in my posts that are not there -.- I am not spouting patriotism -.- I am saying that it makes more since to support the IN version of the game, the one that is meant for us, rather then to continue to support JP, that helps us out in no way what so ever.

I am not blaming fans, but again Sega is not 100% fault here, some of it is on us.

Caledonia
Jan 10, 2013, 12:48 PM

I'm not talking about "product" though I'm talking about the service that supports it. If you go into a department store and see the product (game) you want, but in the wrong colour (language) you ask if they have it. If the shop attendant (SoA) is unhelpful/rude you complain.

You're complaining because the service was bad, not the product.