PDA

View Full Version : What the hell is DEX/Ability?

Cortte
Dec 30, 2012, 07:45 AM
I feel like I remember hearing it effects the damage of photon arts/technics. Is this accurate? And if that is the case. Would it not be more benefitial to get gear with DEX on it? Such as those 6 star excube units?

UnLucky
Dec 30, 2012, 08:29 AM
It raises your minimum damage. With enough dex, the same attack on the same target will do exactly the same amount of damage every time. Including crits, which unlike most games, is just your max regular damage.

DS23
Dec 30, 2012, 02:02 PM
Nobody knows! It's believed to help your success in hitting stuff from a distance as a RA/Gunner maybe.

Nidramag
Dec 30, 2012, 03:29 PM
Raises Minimum Damage

Zorafim
Dec 30, 2012, 04:15 PM
Theoretically, increasing Dex increases your damage and defense of all your stats. There has been no clear connection between Dex increase and DpS or defense increase through testing, however, signifying that it takes alot of Dex to increase your performance. You're better off forgetting it exists.

Cry0
Dec 30, 2012, 04:17 PM
as stated, increases minimum damage, which is good to have, but shouldn't be focused on.

However, there are also a lot of good units and weapons that require DEX, and thus are very good for equipping on all classes (seeing as all classes benefit from dex).

Zorafim
Dec 30, 2012, 04:21 PM
I don't have any dex increases on any of my classes, and I seem to be able to equip all the units and weapons that require dex and an early level. In other words, dex required equipment means I don't have to worry about increasing stats to equip it.
Meaning, once more, to forget dex exists.

FacelessRed
Dec 30, 2012, 06:34 PM
Dex modifies your skill damage... Low dex, Low skill bonus damage.

Alenoir
Dec 30, 2012, 06:42 PM
I don't have any dex increases on any of my classes, and I seem to be able to equip all the units and weapons that require dex and an early level. In other words, dex required equipment means I don't have to worry about increasing stats to equip it.
Meaning, once more, to forget dex exists.

Falz units requires 400 Dex/Ability to equip. >.>

Zyrusticae
Dec 30, 2012, 06:43 PM
I don't think it's a good idea to completely ignore Dex. If you do and see your damage numbers varying by over 500 at a time, you know you did something wrong...

gigawuts
Dec 30, 2012, 06:43 PM
Dex stabilizes minimum damage relative to the target's dex stat. Enemy has higher dex -> you need higher dex to stabilize your minimum damage.

Conversely, if the enemy's dex stat is below yours, its minimum damage is reduced.

So remember EVP and ATA? It's both in one stat, but instead of missing 10% of the time average damage is reduced 10% (Not exact figures, but it's the gist of the idea and most people understand it easily this way).

Syklo
Dec 30, 2012, 09:15 PM
Dex stabilizes minimum damage relative to the target's dex stat. Enemy has higher dex -> you need higher dex to stabilize your minimum damage.

Conversely, if the enemy's dex stat is below yours, its minimum damage is reduced.

So remember EVP and ATA? It's both in one stat, but instead of missing 10% of the time average damage is reduced 10% (Not exact figures, but it's the gist of the idea and most people understand it easily this way).
Sounds more like a willpower stat rather than Dex/abi.

Coatl
Dec 31, 2012, 05:52 AM
Having a higher rarity weapon also serves as a higher dex modifier supposedly.
For example, if you were to hit things with a *10 rather than a *7, your average damage would be more consistent.

Woah, did not know this.
Thanks.

Theoretically, increasing Dex increases your damage and defense of all your stats. There has been no clear connection between Dex increase and DpS or defense increase through testing, however, signifying that it takes alot of Dex to increase your performance. You're better off forgetting it exists.

Considering you're a RAcaseal I totally believe that. The combo that nets the most Dexterity naturally. >.>
The rest of the races and non-rangers can't wear the Luxoir Soir (Black Wing Set) without adding some ability to their mags, like 5 or less though.

Gama
Dec 31, 2012, 07:50 AM
well currently my mag is 75 dex and 75 atp "apus" and my main class is fighter and secondary class is techer.

i find it curious that i usualy get less damage from atacks sometimes its ridiculous the diference. id like to compare numbers with someone if possible.

also before someone starts hating on my mag.

its cute and i wub it :3

but yeah damage is pretty consistent for me. not sure if related but equiping a an elemental weapon and then using it on an enemy thats weak to that element, gives me lots of criticals. not sure if dex related.

---------

i would supose that my getup would lead to a weaker fighter but i honestly die less then most fighters "well duh resta" but i supose damagewise im not as eficient.

also being able to equip a new weapon takes ages.

Syklo
Dec 31, 2012, 07:53 AM
well currently my mag is 75 dex and 75 atp "apus" and my main class is fighter and secondary class is techer.

i find it curious that i usualy get less damage from atacks sometimes its ridiculous the diference. id like to compare numbers with someone if possible.

also before someone starts hating on my mag.

its cute and i wub it :3

but yeah damage is pretty consistent for me. not sure if related but equiping a an elemental weapon and then using it on an enemy thats weak to that element, gives me lots of criticals. not sure if dex related.

---------

i would supose that my getup would lead to a weaker fighter but i honestly die less then most fighters "well duh resta" but i supose damagewise im not as eficient.

also being able to equip a new weapon takes ages.
I know dat feel.

Heck, im a FI/TE lv 50/40, still using cruel flougas.