PDA

View Full Version : Are we fighting a losing battle? (Lore Question/Possible "spoilers"))

Ifrian-x
Dec 30, 2012, 09:47 AM
Ok so, the simple, short version is that the Profound Darkness cannot be destroyed and instead it can simply be contained within the seal, which is the reason Dark Falz keeps attempting to free itīs "master" whenever the seal weakens, right?

Doesnīt this mean that we are not really fighting to defeat it but simply to scratch a few more years of life for our system, and that the Profound Darkness can simply sit pretty and wait ( literally ) an eternity for us to screw up?

Does not this mean that the eventual freedom of the PD and our complete annihilation is an inevitable outcome (be it within 500 years or 1 bilion ) and that everything we do is (from a cosmical point of view ) pointless?

BIG OLAF
Dec 30, 2012, 09:50 AM
Yes, we're basically just fighting for more time. The Profound Darkness is evil itself, and you cannot just 'destroy' evil. It's not possible. So, the heroes in every Phantasy Star game are more or less just buying another ~1000 years or however long it is, so someone else can deal with it.

Now, let's hear some more needlessly complex theories-

lostinseganet
Dec 30, 2012, 09:57 AM
Yeppers, and if evil is destroyed it will only take another form in the future. But at least so many men are dead women finally get a fighting role against the evil...(^-0)

Zyrusticae
Dec 30, 2012, 09:59 AM
Such a defeatist attitude!

It's worth it even if all we get is a few more days. All we have to do is buy a few more days before those days are up, and do it again, and again, and again, and again...

If we lose the will to live before then, then we deserve what's coming to us. That's how it works!

krayaselius
Dec 30, 2012, 10:04 AM
and who knows whether we'll find the solution.

Throw logic to the curb, do the impossible!
Someone once said that.

Ifrian-x
Dec 30, 2012, 10:06 AM
I never meant to say we should not fight it, of course we should.

I just mean that from a single personīs point of view, it is a bit frustrating to not be able to prevent others from having to follow the same path we are forced to follow.

To know that all i can do is scratch a few more years for those to come, which of course is still a very worthy cause but...

EvilMag
Dec 30, 2012, 10:07 AM
Photons.

That is all.

Enforcer MKV
Dec 30, 2012, 10:13 AM
Isn't that what life is anyway? I mean, think about it, from a realist point of view: We're born, we grow up, start a family, raise our young, grow old, and then we die. That's life in an idyllic nutshell. We're constantly "fighting" in some form or another for our wages, our food...everything.

This is just another form of the fight. More severe in this case, but...the fight is still there, still constant.

"Time" has always been our greatest enemy. Why? Because time is insurmountable. Incapable of defeat.

DoubleCannon
Dec 30, 2012, 10:15 AM
Well however you look at it, It is either going to be evil that kills all OR a super nova from the system star that would eventually blow up, OR a big ass meteor could strike and cause the world to go into a unliveable place to live which then everyone would have to go search out ragol and live there and for some odd reason everywhere they go there is a falz seal! this game makes my head spin lol

NoiseHERO
Dec 30, 2012, 10:21 AM
Isn't that what life is anyway? I mean, think about it, from a realist point of view: We're born, we grow up, start a family, raise our young, grow old, and then we die. That's life in an idyllic nutshell. We're constantly "fighting" in some form or another for our wages, our food...everything.

This is just another form of the fight. More severe in this case, but...the fight is still there, still constant.

"Time" has always been our greatest enemy. Why? Because time is insurmountable. Incapable of defeat.

This.

BUT WE ARE NOT INDIVIDUALS, TOGETHER WE ARE JUST AS INFINITE AS TIME AND DARKNESS!

So make more babies keep and killing dark falz' cousins.

Mysterious-G
Dec 30, 2012, 10:55 AM
We don't know yet how the Profound Darkness is going to be portrayed in PSO2. The classic games' version, however, was destroyed in PSIV.

I am going to argue that we are not talking about the same Profound Darkness here, but that we will end up destroying this one as well. I am still thinking PSO2 is mirroring the classic series.

In any case, I would warn people not to think stuff is related just because the same terms pop up somewhere; just like Dark Falz appears in every PS game as a staple, but not every game being connected.

Ezodagrom
Dec 30, 2012, 11:08 AM
When it comes to the story, there's also the mysteries that are Shion and Matoi.

Shion is somehow making the player go back in time and play certain events in a different way.
Matoi, even though she has no memory of her past, she was the target of the masked man back in the first chapter.

CelestialBlade
Dec 30, 2012, 11:25 AM
It's like what Enforcer said. Think of every time we get sick or something...we work so hard to find a cure, just so we can prolong an inevitable death a little longer. Even if it's just one more year of new memories, it's worth the fight. Every day is worth fighting for, yeah?

The Walrus
Dec 30, 2012, 11:27 AM
I just like poking things with swords. Saving the universe is just a bonus

Shadowjesse626
Dec 30, 2012, 03:31 PM
This.

BUT WE ARE NOT INDIVIDUALS, TOGETHER WE ARE JUST AS INFINITE AS TIME AND DARKNESS!

So make more babies keep and killing dark falz' cousins.

Off topic but i love whats in Rock's headphones

Nidramag
Dec 30, 2012, 03:32 PM
>How the Dark Force has always been since the first Phantasy Star

LordChampion
Dec 30, 2012, 03:40 PM
Speaking of Rock's headphones, my brother found this Kimbra remix recently:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iz7UfKZhIHQ

Izdope.

gravityvx
Dec 30, 2012, 03:44 PM
There is nothing deep about it, it's simple, they have staple "final" enemies since the beginning of the series and they will keep coming back in every phantasy star you never actually kill them(in a sense). Hell, even in PSO they just shifted to Olga Flow, same dark entity just a different host. It's no different than Bowser in Mario, Ganandorf in Zelda, pretty much every damn warcraft villian....well you get the point, they enjoy milking things that people like.

ShinMaruku
Dec 30, 2012, 03:52 PM
A losing battle?
If each time that thing comes back and we beat it's ass that's a winning battle. It's not that evil comes back but we never stop kicking it's ass.
It's you overcoming the demons not them always coming back. :E

Zorafim
Dec 30, 2012, 04:13 PM
The profound darkness is the collective consciousness of a full community of the losing side of a civil war, twisted by anger and pain at being banished for millennium. Dark Force is a small collection of that collective consciousness, designed to weaken the seal binding him little by little every thousand years. Destroying the evil is as simple as jumping through the seal, and killing the host.

If we can't kill the source of Dark Force, we at least buy ourselves a large deal of time. Every time we do, our technology advances a great deal and we're better prepared for the next one. While Dark Force was the main villain in the first game, he was demoted in each subsequent game until PSO (which took place in a different universe. Which may actually of been more advanced, considering the seven year faster than light space travel they're capable of). Considering we get stronger while the Darkness stays the same strength or gets weaker, we're doing pretty good.

I should emphasize that this Falz may not be the same we're used to. There's no clear link between the Dark Falz' in each universe, so it could very well be a different entity. This one could just be a space demon, and killing the head may be all we need.

RocK_M
Dec 30, 2012, 04:17 PM
*cough*
Are we having a Chaz complex here are we? =P

Sorry couldn't resist xD

ShinMaruku
Dec 30, 2012, 04:29 PM
Chaz has Rika he has no excuse.

Laga
Dec 30, 2012, 04:44 PM
think of it this way. Fighting Profound Darkness and Dark Falz is a tradition that started back blah blah years ago (in real life it would be like 30 or so years) back then they beat him, killed it and he came back. They did it 2 more times and then he was defeated for good. after that they retell the story of the heroes who stood up to evil and saved us all. what we are actually doing is having a big intergalactic play of sorts (ever watch the big monitors?) as a kind of offering to our ancestors that gave all so that we may live peacefully. blah blah, blahblah, blahblah-blah. stuff...

EDIT: Also... if we really killed dark force/profound darkness for good, would you really be happy to see the end of Phantasy Star?

Anduril
Dec 30, 2012, 05:27 PM
The Profound Darkness may be some kind of Multiversal singularity that merely is fighting a war on multiple fronts to escape captivity, and its agents (the various Dark Forces/Falz) may have to conform to the laws of each universe it attempts to escape into, thus explaining the differences in form and modus operandi. Either way, even if we finish the fight in one universe there will be countless more for the Profound Darkness to try to escape to.

Alucard V
Dec 30, 2012, 05:30 PM
It might be a losing battle. But a battle we will fight non the less.

It's wiped are history blank, lift are Home World in ruin, and will not stop until all life is no more.
Not just humanity (Newmen & Cast included) but Dragonkin, Lilipan, Mobian Wisps, chao, and every other Sega related alien species out there.

We will fight so they don't have to.

Enforcer MKV
Dec 30, 2012, 05:33 PM
Every day is worth fighting for, yeah?

Every. Last. One.

Ce'Nedra
Dec 30, 2012, 07:03 PM
When it comes to the story, there's also the mysteries that are Shion and Matoi.

Shion is somehow making the player go back in time and play certain events in a different way.
Matoi, even though she has no memory of her past, she was the target of the masked man back in the first chapter.

What's the point of matoi to begin with? I just started MB6 but so far all she did was getting rescued. She just stands on the lobby doing nothing, I thought she would go play a important role in the story like Emilia does in PSP2 for example. Is there any point t o her being there? I can't read Japanese so I probably missed it.

Ezodagrom
Dec 30, 2012, 07:05 PM
What's the point of matoi to begin with? I just started MB6 but so far all she did was getting rescued. She just stands on the lobby doing nothing, I thought she would go play a important role in the story like Emilia does in PSP2 for example. Is there any point t o her being there? I can't read Japanese so I probably missed it.
I've only gone up to MB7, so dunno if there's anything about her in MB8, only thing I know is that she doesn't remember anything from before she was rescued and that the masked guy was targeting her, so it's likely that she'll play an important role eventually.

Ce'Nedra
Dec 30, 2012, 07:07 PM
I've only gone up to MB7, so dunno if there's anything about her in MB8, only thing I know is that she doesn't remember anything from before she was rescued and that the masked guy was targeting her, so it's likely that she'll play an important role eventually.

To be continued in episode 2 I assume. Would be nice to have her as npc

Syklo
Dec 30, 2012, 09:12 PM
If you've yet to notice, shion doesn't appear to actually be human or rather, living in this time.
heck she might actually be dead and just a manifestation of photons (A GHOST)
You might as well ask WHAT IS THE MATTER BOARD AND WHAT DOES IT DO? A series of investigations that just somehow shifts progress of time?

As for matoi; the fact that she's targeted by a masked man already makes it seem like she's a "key" for something : a key to the seal of the profound darkness perhaps?

and for dark vs light: For the sake of balance; one can't exist without the other.

I really have no knowledge of the phantasy star franchise

Ezodagrom
Dec 30, 2012, 09:15 PM
If you've yet to notice, shion doesn't appear to actually be human or rather, living in this time.
heck she might actually be dead and just a manifestation of photons (A GHOST)
You might as well ask WHAT IS THE MATTER BOARD AND WHAT DOES IT DO? A series of investigations that just somehow shifts progress of time?

As for matoi; the fact that she's targeted by a masked man already makes it seem like she's a "key" for something : a key to the seal of the profound darkness perhaps?

and for dark vs light: For the sake of balance; one can't exist without the other.

I really have no knowledge of the phantasy star franchise
About Shion, I'm not completely sure, but apparently the "great light" (basically the opposite of profound darkness) was referenced back in the first teaser trailer for PSO2. Maybe Shion is somehow related to that entity?

Syklo
Dec 30, 2012, 09:16 PM
About Shion, I'm not completely sure, but apparently the "great light" (basically the opposite of profound darkness) was referenced back in the first teaser trailer for PSO2. Maybe Shion is somehow related to that entity?
I have a feeling that fight against QD in chapter 7 might've been an event WITH the great light.

Anyway, im guessing matoi's more closely related.

gigawuts
Dec 30, 2012, 09:26 PM
I don't know about the present, but between falz' sheer magnitude, strength, and influence, plus the ruins on naberius, it looks like someone else has already lost.

I'm not really any kind of lore buff for PS, but I do know two things. One is falz surfaces every ~1,000 years. The other is a big fan theory is that after a time travel whatsit at the end of a game prior to PSO1, there were two falzes (zelda style). This second falz is offset by a few hundred years.

I also know we beat one falz in PSO, the other wasn't accounted for since then. This game is meant to take place a few hundred years after PSO1, based on things sakai has said.

I figure the last time that other falz surfaced, it was not defeated, and here we are fighting it.

Nerd overload.

Temprus
Dec 30, 2012, 09:29 PM
What I find interesting is that ever since the Profound Darkness was destroyed in Phantasy Star IV, is that every Falz after that has required a host to go about its business (from PSO onward).

And that doesn't seem to of changed even now. Even with the supposed Profound Darkness enemy hearsay says we're gonna eventually face in some PSO2 episode.

Courina
Dec 31, 2012, 12:51 AM
wish i can read japanese, i'd love to collect lore from those cutscene... as im collecting datacube laying in field... (due they can be gtranslated, despite most of translation make no sense...)

and about falz... so far i know we have multiple falz isnt we? sometimes im even want to paint myself to be one... seems cool... purple hair,black armor, red eye , purple light...

Crystal_Shard
Dec 31, 2012, 04:00 AM
As this is the Japanese version of Phantasy Star, Falz is basically the equivalent of a footsoldier that the collective consciousness/race making up the PD manages to send out every 1000 years. There's precedent for having more than one Falz around at any one time - observe that there are at least three simultaneous Falz' during PSIV (Kuran, Garuberk, Seth), and two during PSO. (setting aside whether or not they take place in the same universe)

As for needing a host, I wonder if that's more to do with alternate universes/timelines than a specific style change.

Generally speaking, PD tends to win the early skirmishes, then loses strategically to whichever set of heroes is rampaging against him in that universe/era. I think the various universes are all doing fine really. Besides, given what Falz's name was originally romanized to, think of it this way. Every 1000 years, PD gets his privates diced up by the Protectors/Hunters/Guardians, and has to spend the next 1000 years nursing it back to health. I like to think that's a win for everyone involved, except for PD of course. :3

Mysterious-G
Dec 31, 2012, 06:01 AM
The 1000 year rule was not mentioned in PSO, instead the number 100 was written on one of the pillars. At that point most people guessed they simple changed the number from 1000 to 100 for no real reason, and when Episode III finally came along the following could be said:

After Falz and Olga Flow (a being based on Falz DNA) had a big fight that was provoked by their respective Hosts Rico and Heathcliff, both were destroyed; however, two new beings came to be, one being the Human(?) Endu, and another being the Amplum Umbra, which turned out to be the leftovers of Dark Falz that would finish regnerating in 100 years and lead to Dark Falz' resurrection.

Given that the pillar mentions the same amount of years, I tend to believe they changed the formula for PSO, removing the Profound Darkness completely. That's also why I believe the classic series and PSO are (in contrary to how initially planned) not connected.

Also, can someone clarify what exactly happened in Episode IV? It's a shame, but I never came around to play it. I only know that Rupika (The Fonewearl on the Gran Squall, Episode I quest) like Flowen was also infected with Falz DNA, but I have no idea what that meteorite even is about.

@Temprus: The host observation is neat, it never even occured to me. It's not entirely true as seen in PSZ, but that's interesting regardless.

gigawuts
Dec 31, 2012, 06:09 AM
In Ep 4 a meteor hits Ragol and you kill a space worm.

That's...really it. I don't think anyone ever found any connection to PD, falz, anything at all. There just happened to be a giant space worm egg meteor headed for ragol all this time. I'd love it if someone could correct me, because that is really boring, but I'm pretty sure that's all ep 4 was.

Ce'Nedra
Dec 31, 2012, 06:34 AM
EP4 seems to me more to be made to milk out the success of PSO and make it more appealing for people to play the game in general because it was also on the PC. If it was just the exact same content as PSO GC had then not many people who had the GC would go play Blue Burst, aside maybe the fact they don't need a Modem to head online.

Mysterious-G
Dec 31, 2012, 07:30 AM
Well, I do know that the giant space worm is Rupika who was infected with Falz DNA from surviving the explosion caused by Falz. (The track playing at the fight also is an IDOLA one.)

I also do know (I think?) that the principal of Ep.4 wanted Rupika to get to the meteor, probably so that he could activate its or her powers.

Just what the heck is that meteorite, though? How is it connected to Falz? Um, Sinue? You there? :-?

Syklo
Dec 31, 2012, 07:37 AM
Well, I do know that the giant space worm is Rupika who was infected with Falz DNA from surviving the explosion caused by Falz. (The track playing at the fight also is an IDOLA one.)

I also do know (I think?) that the principal of Ep.4 wanted Rupika to get to the meteor, probably so that he could activate its or her powers.

Just what the heck is that meteorite, though? How is it connected to Falz? Um, Sinue? You there? :-?
It's falz's poop

Getintothegame
Dec 31, 2012, 08:20 AM

See this post, along with the others:

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=893257&postcount=11

I believe you're also thinking of Leo Grahart. He was the 'evil' guy, per se.

So, in short: D-Cells. Also, this meteorite may have also very much influenced Episode 3.

That's...really it. I don't think anyone ever found any connection to PD, falz, anything at all. There just happened to be a giant space worm egg meteor headed for ragol all this time. I'd love it if someone could correct me, because that is really boring, but I'm pretty sure that's all ep 4 was.

The meteor was non-threatening before somehow changing trajectory. See here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfF-mqLNnok

I do not believe we as an audience ever find out exactly what caused it to crash into Ragol.

Mysterious-G
Dec 31, 2012, 08:43 AM
Thanks Game, that's a pretty informative thread right there. I am surprised there are so many loose ends concerning Ep. IV that never really were cleared up. Especially about Leo apparently being brain-washed and the origins of the laser hitting the meteorite. As far as I am aware of, none of these questions really were answered in Ep. III. And even if the meteorite that impacted Coral (and possibly was what brought Falz onto it as seen in PSZ), where did that meteorite hitting Ragol come from? It seems connected to the D-Cells as well, no? I could make a wild guess and say it really was an ordinary meoteorite until either Falz or Flow hit the meteor to damage Pioneer II and thus infecting said meteorite with D-Cells, but yeah, lack of evidence and all that.

Man, unlike PSO2, PSO had so many interesting facettes, military plots and origanizations. Everything just seemed really complex.

Temprus
Dec 31, 2012, 09:54 AM
See this post, along with the others:

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=893257&postcount=11

I believe you're also thinking of Leo Grahart. He was the 'evil' guy, per se.

So, in short: D-Cells. Also, this meteorite may have also very much influenced Episode 3.

The meteor was non-threatening before somehow changing trajectory. See here:

PSO: Blue Burst Episode 4 intro - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfF-mqLNnok)

I do not believe we as an audience ever find out exactly what caused it to crash into Ragol.

Well, it's clear that Falz is drawn or draws photons to it (probably due to the hatred of the Profound Darkness has for the Light and things of the Light). Pretty much all D-Cell Seedforms (that's right, I'm calling them Seedforms! ;p ) have lovely neon light photon effects on them after all. So I'd say that, that meteor was probably a very pure photon source.

An Episode V and VI where people left Ragol to search for more of them or even the origin of it would of been interesting to say the least.

Also ^.^ :

http://i899.photobucket.com/albums/ac197/TemprusofTime/PhantasyStar/MyPSpics/Akasha-PSO/pso1320450937.jpg

TheRamosOnline
Dec 31, 2012, 06:33 PM
I think in PSO2, we're not actually meant to be fighting it.
Dark Force literally just plowed into Oracle and the ARKS by chance, from what I understand, and we're literally fighting it to defend what ships it hasn't already destroyed.

Not far into the MB yet, so I can't say for sure...

PrinceBrightstar
Jan 2, 2013, 01:03 AM
Once again I'm going to bring up that Sega may have already let us know the plan for this Falz and PD. Way back in the teaser they made a direct reference to the Great Light, the winners of the war. They helped in PS IV. Perhaps Matoi and Shion are them?

Sparzyle
Jan 2, 2013, 02:38 AM
Right now I want to hear info about that Chrome Dragon that appeared in the Vita PSO2 video. I think he'll be the main focus on the "next episode" of the story being the most powerful native of Amduscia and getting under the influence of Falz or something (Like De Rol Le on Caves or Vol Opt at Mines)

Also I want that Leo Grahart's outfit to make a comeback :L that'll be good against the lack of nice looking male costumes or lack of male outfits

NoiseHERO
Jan 2, 2013, 02:50 AM
wad happened to this series' music?

Syklo
Jan 2, 2013, 04:18 AM
wad happened to this series' music?
It got better.

King_Rappy
Jan 6, 2013, 04:30 AM
No one ever reads my posts when I post in topics like these, but here goes! :P Go go gadget wall-of-text!

In the original series, the profound darkness and great light were two spiritual entities that split from a larger one and warred against each other. The great light sealed the profound darkness using the Algol star system's 3 planets, but every 1000 years the seal would weaken and a portion of the profound darkness's pure hatred would escape, forming a Dark Falz. This cycle continued until the profound darkness was defeated in PSIV. In addition to this, as seen in Phantasy Star III (as well as PSO), a Dark Falz that is not truly defeated will resurrect itself every 1000 years. The Dark Falz that escaped the Algol star system on the world ship that PSIII takes place on is one of these.

PSO takes place in an entirely different system, but the ship that its Dark Falz is sealed in was originally supposed to have Searen (from PSIII) on it before he was cut for time. So at least during development PSO's Dark Falz was meant to be the one from PSIII. The fact that the year in PSO (though with a similar yet different calendar prefix) is exactly 1000 years after PSIII supports this.

However, as a whole, the PSO saga kind of did its own thing. Sega stated in the Episode 3/4 art book that they currently treat the overall story as its own thing, but not necessarily its own continuity. They say that left it open for fans to interpret. They offer the PSIII -> PSO connection as the most likely/popular one, but say that fans could interpret the 3-planet seal from PSO as being the Gurhal system as well. Or that Rappies being on many planets connect them (...). But judging from the great light and profound darkness being mentioned in PSO2, I'm fairly sure that the first option is most likely.

On the subject of PSO2 taking place in the same universe, Sakai stated that it's its own self-contained story arc, but that he'd like fans to consider it part of the same universe.

On the subject of PSO:

In PSO, the inhabitants of the planet Coral discover a meteorite from Ragol containing D-Cells, which are later found out to be what Dark Falz (the one sealed in the PSO ruins ship at any rate) is made up of. D-Cells are used to create Mags and photon mirages (the PB summons). These experiments are part of the MOTHER project, which is continued on Ragol. The purpose is to create a superior kind of existence, one that can solve their planet's environmental crisis (the reason the Pioneer project was started.)

D-Cells are used in PSO to create the altered beast type enemies and the dark type enemies, as well as Olga Flow. Rupika also contains some D-Cells and is used to make the weapon/monster in Episode 4. At the end of Episode 3, all D-Cells on Ragol are wiped out. However, it's important to note that there may still be some on Coral.

On Phantasy Star Zero:
This brings us to PS0! In this game, civilization on Coral has been decimated and forced underground due to Mother Trinity, the presumed result of Coral's MOTHER project. Frustrated with society constantly ignoring every solution she developed, a Dark Falz of some sort took advantage or this and ended up driving her insane. She wiped out most of the surface life with photon noise and poison gas. In PS0 she and Dark Falz are defeated, but as usual Dark Falz is said to revive again and again. This Dark Falz's origin is never explained, but it can be easily speculated to be a result of the D-Cells used to start the MOTHER project. Perhaps it's an offshoot of PSO's DF's cells? Who knows. In any case, this is the last we hear about the Ragol/Coral story arc.

On PSU:
PSU is never stated to be in the same continuity, and all levels and items from PSO are stated to be from a different dimension. There is a bonus fan service quest in PSP2 Infinity that has a cross-over, but it's not canon. At the end of Infinity though, the Gurhal system's Dark Falz is sealed away on a ship. However, the ship resembles Pioneer 2 and the interior looks nothing like the PSO ruins ship. It's most likely just a nod to PSO the same way most of the plot is a nod to the original series.

So where does PSO2 fit into all of this?
PSO2's initial trailer contains the phrases "stirrings of the profound darkness" and "Why is the great light no longer with us?" along with the possibly-related "Unforseen consequences of the final battle." This could suggest that PSO's profound darkness is the same as the one in PSIV, and somehow survived or resurrected. But it could easily be its own separate thing as well. In PSO2, there are 4 Dark Falz that we know of. The first is the one that was sealed away 40 years ago and now is possessing Gettemhart, Dark Falz Elder. After defeating Elder we find out from the cutscene that there are 3 more: Apprentice, Double, and the masked man, a "new face" called Persona. Since Elder doesn't recognize Persona, we can infer that he was born within the past 40 years at some point.

There's more about Apprentice, its host, the events 10 years ago that changed Zeno/Gettem, Shion, Matoi, the 3 Dark Falz types mentioned in the teaser trailer, and the great light but I'll spare those details for a different post if any of you want me to post them. This post is way too long already.

NoiseHERO
Jan 6, 2013, 04:45 AM
It got better.

trollan

PrinceBrightstar
Jan 6, 2013, 12:27 PM
PSO takes place in an entirely different system, but the ship that its Dark Falz is sealed in was originally supposed to have Searen (from PSIII) on it before he was cut for time. So at least during development PSO's Dark Falz was meant to be the one from PSIII. The fact that the year in PSO (though with a similar yet different calendar prefix) is exactly 1000 years after PSIII supports this.

I was unaware of this. What is the source on Searen being part of development? Also the 1000 years thing isn't the absolute truth. Consider the dates between PS1 and PS2.

Jakosifer
Jan 6, 2013, 12:42 PM
Losing battle? With Dinel on our side? Yall remember how the Super Star Destroyer got taken out? Dinel is our guy.

gigawuts
Jan 6, 2013, 12:50 PM
I was unaware of this. What is the source on Searen being part of development? Also the 1000 years thing isn't the absolute truth. Consider the dates between PS1 and PS2.

That's where the second falz comes in, from a time travel thing.

Do keep in mind how many theories incorporated time travel and split timelines with zelda games, which are all connected in a distant chronological way (windwaker is some period of time after OOT, for instance, but the two games are standalone and the links aren't the same people etc - ganon/dorf however IS the same).

Only recently was the zelda timeline officially released (It was originally intended never to be released). Before then, there was a lot of speculation about timelines and the like, but just because Nintendo didn't say what the "official" timeline was until the recent zelda book doesn't mean they didn't have one to reference themselves.

That's a part of game design, honestly. It's important to keep the game world interesting and connected so players who find only that aspect fascinating will keep coming back for more. Or, in other words, pay money.

I'm sure there's a handful of connections Sega has that have never even been noticed. How long did it take to notice the seal on the monoliths in PSO1 was actually the crest of some royal family in a previous PS game?

untrustful
Jan 6, 2013, 02:57 PM
How long did it take to notice the seal on the monoliths in PSO1 was actually the crest of some royal family in a previous PS game?

OMG das crazeh