PDA

View Full Version : Moving PSO2 around

Not Crazed
Dec 31, 2012, 06:19 AM
So, i finally bought a new computer, but dont wana have to do the massive download for PSO2, so im going to transfer it over from my laptop to my new desktop, but my USB key only holds 7GB and all the files take up around 9GB.

Can i split the files up in anyway? And just move them in several parts? I dont want to break the files or anything, so thats why im asking ;)

Thanks for the help once again guys!
Crazed

jooozek
Dec 31, 2012, 06:54 AM
You can always store them without compression in part archives in some compressing software like winrar.

Syklo
Dec 31, 2012, 07:02 AM
Alternatively store them over a network (drive).
Or if you're copying the actual game folder rather than the setup, just copy in batches. (archiving them into batches may make it easier, but it's no different than split archiving like jooozek suggested)

Gama
Dec 31, 2012, 07:43 AM
id just pick all the exes and half the win32 folder, then the other half

Not Crazed
Dec 31, 2012, 08:11 AM
I am technologically disabled so could you say specifically say what i cannot seperate and what i can? :l Also, what cloud storage can i use that lets me upload almost 10GB? :o

Thanks,
Crazed

Syklo
Dec 31, 2012, 08:15 AM
I am technologically disabled so could you say specifically say what i cannot seperate and what i can? :l Also, what cloud storage can i use that lets me upload almost 10GB? :o

Thanks,
Crazed
Well what i meant was that you could connect the 2 computers to your local area network and basically copy from computer to computer over that network

It is still stored onto that computer....sort of.

Not Crazed
Dec 31, 2012, 08:16 AM
Oh, and how would i do that?:o

Gama
Dec 31, 2012, 09:25 AM
its a good idea, but looks like it might not be very easy to accomplish to Crazed.

i still think you should just copy half the data and then the other half.

you can use 7zip to acomplish this.

RedRaz0r
Dec 31, 2012, 01:25 PM
Oh, and how would i do that?:o

If you're technologically challenged, just split up the files and put em on a usb drive in batches. You can split em up any way you like, just make sure they all stay in their original folder. (IE in your PHANTASYSTARONLINE2 folder, there is the pso2_bin folder, and in that is the data folder. Make sure the data files don't end up in the win32 folder or any other place then where they are currently. Everything has to stay in the same place they are)

Good luck!

Syklo
Dec 31, 2012, 08:52 PM
For winrar, when you add files to an archive, it will ask in the lower right of the archive settings "Split to volumes, size"

Here you can set the limit of how big each "part" should be. In your case, probably 6gb per volume.
Winrar will automatically split the files being archived accordingly (which is presumably your entire game folder).

then just copy-paste over, and extract from your new computer. So you need win-rar on both computers.