PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Sega accepting foreign cards again for ARKS cash.

notachick
Dec 31, 2012, 09:29 PM
EDIT: NO LONGER WORKS

Not sure if this is news, but I just bought 5000 no problems, so did my friend. Happy new year.

EDIT: 3 People in this thread have said it didn't work, only one gave their location which was USA so maybe the other two are also American and those cards or still blocked, or it's some sort of bug?

EDIT2: USA Master card confirmed working for 1000 AC

EDIT3: Loads of people confirming it works, awesome!

Confirmed WORKING cards (Does not guarantee your one will work however this is just from what I have read in this thread):

Ulsterbank visa debit card (UK/IRELAND)
Mastercard (USA)
Wells Fargo Visa Platinum Debit Card (USA?)
UK VISA
Canadian VISA

EDIT: Good tip for people with issues:

If it's a mastercard, you can activate the security code online. My card now went through. o/

http://www.mastercard.us/securecode.html

For Visa:

https://usa.visa.com/personal/security/vbv/index.jsp

enjoy :-D

Rende
Dec 31, 2012, 09:49 PM
yeah, so did i, 5 days ago.

Xaeris
Dec 31, 2012, 09:52 PM
Will attempt to verify later. For now, I will tentatively cheer.

SupraMedical68
Dec 31, 2012, 09:55 PM
Not sure if this is news, but I just bought 5000 no problems, so did my friend. Happy new year.

Oh, say word son? If that's the case I might buy some points for myself.

I'll try to check it out tomorrow.

Shirai
Dec 31, 2012, 09:56 PM
I just tried it, didn't work.

notachick
Dec 31, 2012, 09:57 PM
Oh, say word son? If that's the case I might buy some points for myself.

I'll try to check it out tomorrow.

Yeah, for me living in Ireland this saved me a lot of money.

notachick
Dec 31, 2012, 10:01 PM
I just tried it, didn't work.

What country do you live in? I can confirm this has worked with Irish, English and Canadian cards.

EDIT: Nm saw your location, I used a visa debit card if that helps.

EDIT 2: How much did you try to buy?

Shirai
Dec 31, 2012, 10:08 PM
What country do you live in? I can confirm this has worked with Irish, English and Canadian cards.

EDIT: Nm saw your location, I used a visa debit card if that helps.

EDIT 2: How much did you try to buy?

Visa debit card also. I tried to buy 1,000 just to test it.

notachick
Dec 31, 2012, 10:21 PM
Visa debit card also. I tried to buy 1,000 just to test it.

I wonder if it's limited to higher amounts, I know that sounds silly but I remember last time it worked it was limited as well. I'll try to buy 500 and let you know.

notachick
Dec 31, 2012, 10:27 PM
I wonder if it's limited to higher amounts, I know that sounds silly but I remember last time it worked it was limited as well. I'll try to buy 500 and let you know.

Just bought 500

購入処理が正常に終了いたしました。

購入・確認画面に戻ります。[戻る]ボタンを押してください

Went through fine, I hope it's not just a ban on US cards, that would be lame. o_o

RocK_M
Dec 31, 2012, 10:40 PM
Sweet Merciful Goddess yes! If this works I will be jumping for joy! :D

The exchange rates from Yen to Dollar to AUD + fees was gettng annoying at times :D

Then again i can't reload until next pay day =P

Sp-24
Dec 31, 2012, 10:49 PM
Has anyone from Sega commented on this? I heard that PSU had a similar problem with foreign transactions at the beginning, and if it's the same case here, it's nice to see that they are working on it, and also that they don't learn from their mistakes.

NoiseHERO
Dec 31, 2012, 10:57 PM
I doubt this is intentional, but hey you might get all your money back like last time!

Crystal_Shard
Dec 31, 2012, 11:02 PM
It'll be nice if they've lifted restrictions on foreign cards. Hopefully this means they've sorted out any issues on their end and it's not some temporary glitch in ISAO. Pity I won't have funds to check this out for a while more.

Sp-24
Dec 31, 2012, 11:02 PM
Also, just how many people have managed to buy some AC? I see lots of posts, but looking closer at this thread, only 2 people say that they've been successful.

.Jack
Dec 31, 2012, 11:08 PM
Tried it. Didn't work.

The Walrus
Dec 31, 2012, 11:17 PM
Didn't work for me either

notachick
Dec 31, 2012, 11:21 PM
Tried it. Didn't work.

Didn't work for me either

Can you guys tell us which country you're in?

Bellion
Dec 31, 2012, 11:22 PM
For those who say it didn't work, do you live in the U.S?

Alenoir
Dec 31, 2012, 11:23 PM
For those that failed, does your card support 3D Secure/Verified by Visa?

SolRiver
Dec 31, 2012, 11:23 PM
My mastercard went through. From USA. Bought 1000. Just now.

notachick
Dec 31, 2012, 11:25 PM

Oh sweet great to hear at least some people are getting through, thanks for listing the type of card, maybe we can pin point what's up.

The Walrus
Dec 31, 2012, 11:26 PM
For those who say it didn't work, do you live in the U.S?

For those that failed, does your card support 3D Secure/Verified by Visa?

Yup to both

sugarFO
Jan 1, 2013, 12:09 AM
I tried a few days ago for 500AC and my Mastercard was denied by them.

Zyrusticae
Jan 1, 2013, 01:17 AM
MINE WENT THROUGH YAAAAY

Relevant info:
It's a Visa Platinum Debit Card
It gave me the e-payment confirmation screen (or whatever it's called)
My bank is Wells Fargo

I am now doing a little dance. You can't see it, but it is suitably engaging.

eharima
Jan 1, 2013, 01:23 AM
hahaha thanks for the tip!

yeah mine went through UK visa, looks like they implemented the Verified by Visa
secure5.arcot.com page,
cheap ac or ac refund ahoy either way chicken dinner. GJ

Xaeris
Jan 1, 2013, 01:24 AM
Mine went through, hurrah. I bought 1k AC. ...That I have nothing in particular in mind to do with. Yeah, I didn't think this through. It's a good thing I have more disposable income than I do sense. Eh well, I'll sit on it until I need to renew premium.

Illumynus
Jan 1, 2013, 01:29 AM
I'm getting this ... error after submitting. It's something to do with 3D secure with Visa and Mastercard? This is annoying.. Can anyone help?

EDIT: I've tried Visa Debit, Credit, AMEX, and World Mastercard. Same error every time. T_T USA Btw

UnLucky
Jan 1, 2013, 01:29 AM
http://i.imgur.com/fiMFR.png
Canadian VISA

notachick
Jan 1, 2013, 01:42 AM
I'm getting this ... error after submitting. It's something to do with 3D secure with Visa and Mastercard? This is annoying.. Can anyone help?

EDIT: I've tried Visa Debit, Credit, AMEX, and World Mastercard. Same error every time. T_T USA Btw

Can you post the error even if it's in Japanese.

Illumynus
Jan 1, 2013, 01:50 AM
Can you post the error even if it's in Japanese.

Here is the verifying by bank of america page (my visa), then it flickers a few times... then goes to the error page below. Japanese and translated included.

http://imgur.com/F79N6

Thanks

notachick
Jan 1, 2013, 02:03 AM
Here is the verifying by bank of america page (my visa), then it flickers a few times... then goes to the error page below. Japanese and translated included.

Thanks

Did you get to verify it at all or does it just skip that? For me I had to enter the first fourth and sixth character of the password associated with my card, does it let you do this then give you the error?

Illumynus
Jan 1, 2013, 02:05 AM
Did you get to verify it at all or does it just skip that? For me I had to enter the first fourth and sixth character of the password associated with my card, does it let you do this then give you the error?

It skips and goes right to the error screen. I don't ever remember signing up for this... 3D secure thing... I tried to go register for it on VISA's website, but it brings up the exact same Bank of America "protecting" screen and ... nothing happens :/ BofA is broken apparently.

notachick
Jan 1, 2013, 02:08 AM
It skips and goes right to the error screen. I don't ever remember signing up for this... 3D secure thing... I tried to go register for it on VISA's website, but it brings up the exact same Bank of America "protecting" screen and ... nothing happens :/ BofA is broken apparently.

Damn yeah it definitely sounds like you don't have it set up on that card, I don't even remember how I got it with mine, I think I was buying something someday and it made me set it up. Although I doubt this is the case is your card an old one? Maybe newer cards were issued with this secure thing tied to them?

Illumynus
Jan 1, 2013, 02:13 AM
Damn yeah it definitely sounds like you don't have it set up on that card, I don't even remember how I got it with mine, I think I was buying something someday and it made me set it up. Although I doubt this is the case is your card an old one? Maybe newer cards were issued with this secure thing tied to them?

I think I had this issued... 2-3 years ago? So relatively new. But even so, I tried my parent's World Business Mastercard and various of my other CC's and it gave the exact same error. It went to the Mastercard "protecting" page and instantly skipped it and went right to the error screen. I seriously have no clue what's going on heh... Thanks for trying though. Maybe one day I'll get this to work without hassle.

Yunfa
Jan 1, 2013, 02:13 AM
......i wonder what was it that refunded everyone's money from before

Sp-24
Jan 1, 2013, 03:24 AM
No idea, but Sega probably wasn't legally allowed to accept international transactions, and had to refund them in order to avoid some massive fines and/or taxes. Since really, there's only so many ways your money could come from.

Crysteon
Jan 1, 2013, 03:42 AM
Mine worked. I just tried to purchase 1k AC and it went through all the steps successfully.

I used a Mexican "Verified by Visa" credit card.

FOnewearl-Lina
Jan 1, 2013, 05:06 AM
Mine went through no problems, New Zealand "Verified by Visa" card.
http://i47.tinypic.com/2w347xd.jpg

Illumynus
Jan 1, 2013, 05:16 AM
It feels like everyone but USA...

Welp, time to move countries

blace
Jan 1, 2013, 05:19 AM
It feels like everyone but USA...

Welp, time to move countries

So far, just one, I tried myself and hasn't worked me either.

Zyrusticae
Jan 1, 2013, 05:28 AM
I am in USA and it worked for me.

blace
Jan 1, 2013, 05:32 AM
Right, forgot about your post. Couldn't find it for some reason.

Silver_Wyrm
Jan 1, 2013, 05:44 AM

Thanks

I'm getting this too, not even sure what it means. BoA visa as well, newer card/account, only a few months

Kierto
Jan 1, 2013, 08:25 AM
Payment success confirmed.

VISA Debit Card (UK). Success.
Mastercard Credit Card (UK). Success.

Both went through an additional bank verification.

This is awesome, cheapened the cost of AC for me by A LOT.

Another blow for western PSO2 huhuhu~

Crystal_Shard
Jan 1, 2013, 08:53 AM
Pretty tempting now to go over budget and grab some AC after hearing all these success stories. ^^;

EXPFULL
Jan 1, 2013, 09:49 AM
Not sure if this is news, but...

10300AC ! Happy days. Thanks NotA' :D

Noc Codez
Jan 1, 2013, 09:50 AM
Just bought my shop a few days ago.. FML I'm going to have to wait till its 30 days are up to purchase my premium.. So happy/bitter moment for me...

BIG OLAF
Jan 1, 2013, 09:52 AM
They're letting us buy AC with foreign cards again?

IT'S OBVIOUSLY A TRICK TO LULL US INTO A FALSE SENSE OF SECURITY SO THEY CAN IP-BAN US SFSDGR5GTEFREADFQER3E4IGRTB4IEGTFPO3GWRDSGBDKBFIPD F

The Walrus
Jan 1, 2013, 10:35 AM
^
This guy knows whats up

FacelessRed
Jan 1, 2013, 10:51 AM
Hmm I'm going to try this now, I'm so glad I don't get hangovers... just a random fyi.

Holy crap it worked.

UK Lloyds TSB Visa/Debit card. WOOT it works again Q_Q!

Sp-24
Jan 1, 2013, 10:54 AM
SFSDGR5GTEFREADFQER3E4IGRTB4IEGTFPO3GWRDSGBDKBFIPD F

Should at least wait and see if they refund it again before a bold statement like that. Because, you know, having to continuously return money to foreigners while providing them paid services for free may be considered a problem that warrants a... Wait, what is it called again? Oh yeah, IP ban. But then again, what are the chances of a company that considers banning people for being interested in their game doing the same to stop them from causing actual trouble? It's not like Sega ever did anything correctly, lol, am I right?

Nidramag
Jan 1, 2013, 10:54 AM
How exactly do you get to the payment page... also, what's the conversion rate of USD to Yen?

Hmm I'm going to try this now, I'm so glad I don't get hangovers... just a random fyi.

:fire: On a side note, I'd really like to know how you have achieved the physically impossible :fire:

notachick
Jan 1, 2013, 11:07 AM
How exactly do you get to the payment page... also, what's the conversion rate of USD to Yen?

In the game hit escape, go to the shopping cart, it's the first option in that menu then hit charge ac.

The conversion isn't as good for US as it is some other countries but 2000ac would cost at time of this post:

2,000.00 JPY = 23.0595 USD
Japanese Yen ↔ US Dollar
1 JPY = 0.0115298 USD 1 USD = 86.7320 JPY

Sierhiet
Jan 1, 2013, 12:53 PM
Should at least wait and see if they refund it again before a bold statement like that. Because, you know, having to continuously return money to foreigners while providing them paid services for free may be considered a problem that warrants a... Wait, what is it called again? Oh yeah, IP ban. But then again, what are the chances of a company that considers banning people for being interested in their game doing the same to stop them from causing actual trouble? It's not like Sega ever did anything correctly, lol, am I right?Eloquent.

serenade
Jan 1, 2013, 01:15 PM
jusr tried my visa debit card and my Amex credit card.

neither worked. :(

eharima
Jan 1, 2013, 01:57 PM
Just bought my shop a few days ago.. FML I'm going to have to wait till its 30 days are up to purchase my premium.. So happy/bitter moment for me...

Why?
I'm 87% sure that shit stacks, I remember being premium then using a shop ticket and getting 3day extension on the duration.

Tcrusader51
Jan 1, 2013, 01:57 PM
I know I'm most likely getting my hopes up but I pray that this and the english on the patches awhile back is a sign of Sega changing it's mind and making international servers.

Eman2417
Jan 1, 2013, 02:18 PM
Just bought 1k ac with my Visa credit card. It was indeed verified.
USA btw.

SupraMedical68
Jan 1, 2013, 02:27 PM
I attempted to purchase ArkCash, and uploaded my CC info on the Sega Website.

Only problem is I'm stuck on the personal information page. I'm not sure why either because I can't translate the error message.

notachick
Jan 1, 2013, 03:19 PM
I attempted to purchase ArkCash, and uploaded my CC info on the Sega Website.

Only problem is I'm stuck on the personal information page. I'm not sure why either because I can't translate the error message.

Well paste it in here, can't help you if you don't give us the info :p

SupraMedical68
Jan 1, 2013, 04:16 PM
Well paste it in here, can't help you if you don't give us the info :p

Doesn't look like something I can paste

ashley50
Jan 1, 2013, 05:19 PM
take a screenshot?

Nidramag
Jan 1, 2013, 05:22 PM
I've been using the google translate from pictures for android. Sometimes the results are hilarious, but you can make out what they're saying most of the time.

I wish I had enough time to pick up a second language completely and utterly different from my native tongue so I could play this game more effectively.
If only.

Sasamichan
Jan 1, 2013, 06:38 PM
Success.

Mastercard debit card from my credit union. Verified too.

Bought 5000AC.

Saved ~$13 than buying from sutocorp.

CyberNei
Jan 1, 2013, 07:46 PM
Woah! Good news :3

FOnewearl-Lina
Jan 1, 2013, 08:01 PM
http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=408

As outlined in the link above, their billing system now uses 3-D Secure (since 17th October) as an extra level of security when processing the transaction, card holders will need to verify with their bank that their card is Verified by Visa / Mastercard Securecode capable and have that activated on their card. Some people have managed to get it done online via the web but I'm not sure how that works since I've only ever had to do that once on my card.

10月24日(水)17:00以降、American Express(アメックス)のクレジットカードによる お取り扱いを停止いたしました。
From 24 October, we will no longer accept purchases from American Express credit cards.

VISA、MasterCard、JCBのクレジットカード決済においては、3Dセキュアのパスワードが必 要となります。
A 3D secure password is necessary to make purchases with Visa/Mastercard/JCB card.

Aeris
Jan 1, 2013, 08:25 PM
Guess my card is useless until i get a new bank account with a visa card since American Express already gave me issues at first start.

.Jack
Jan 1, 2013, 09:47 PM
If it's a mastercard, you can activate the security code online. My card now went through. o/

CODE5
Jan 1, 2013, 09:50 PM
They're letting us buy AC with foreign cards again?

IT'S OBVIOUSLY A TRICK TO LULL US INTO A FALSE SENSE OF SECURITY SO THEY CAN IP-BAN US SFSDGR5GTEFREADFQER3E4IGRTB4IEGTFPO3GWRDSGBDKBFIPD F

Wonder if thats SOJ evil plan... Guess we'll find out in a few weeks when people start making topics that there ip banned

Illumynus
Jan 1, 2013, 10:22 PM

Would anyone happen to know what the version of this for VISA would be?

.Jack
Jan 1, 2013, 10:27 PM
Would anyone happen to know what the version of this for VISA would be?

Did a quick google and I think it's this one.

Illumynus
Jan 1, 2013, 10:35 PM
Did a quick google and I think it's this one.

I was hoping you wouldn't link to that one hehe... I tried this all night and one of my cards errors out and the other says not eligible :( I guess I need to use my family's Mastercard heh :X The lengths I'm going to in order to buy AC...

EDIT: Just tried using the Mastercard signup page... It says System not Available... Everything that could possibly go wrong, IS.

The Walrus
Jan 1, 2013, 10:59 PM
Huh, just tried again for the hell of it and it worked this time when I bought 500 AC.

EDIT: Yeah it doesn't seem to be working for anything over 500 AC for me.

TheszNuts
Jan 1, 2013, 11:55 PM
Works for me now with 1000 AC, been a long time since I heard the AC ding...

Ezodagrom
Jan 2, 2013, 06:41 AM
Successfully purchased 1000 + 500 AC.

EDIT:

Why?
I'm 87% sure that shit stacks, I remember being premium then using a shop ticket and getting 3day extension on the duration.
Make it 100%, got premium a few weeks ago which was going to end in January 21st, used a 2nd 30 days ticket today, now I have premium until February 20.

Ce'Nedra
Jan 2, 2013, 08:09 AM
ANyone tried buying more then 1000 AC at once? In the beginning I could also only buy my AC in stacks of 1000 but not higher.

I think I will just keep using Webmoney, might be bit expensiver but at least safer.

Opy
Jan 2, 2013, 03:21 PM
I bought a prepaid amex card the other day (don't have it yet) in hopes that it would work, does anybody know if these still work?

Yunfa
Jan 2, 2013, 03:42 PM
本人認証サービス」のパスワードが登録されておりません。
登録方法についてはカード発行会社へお問い合わせください。

Skye-Fox713
Jan 2, 2013, 04:15 PM
I bought 5k AC yesterday with an US Visa credit card went through just fine.

.Jack
Jan 2, 2013, 04:22 PM
本人認証サービス」のパスワードが登録されておりません。
登録方法についてはカード発行会社へお問い合わせください。

That's what I used to get before. Call and ask if you can set up the security code feature if you can't do it online.

kkow
Jan 2, 2013, 04:50 PM
damnit, mastercard here and my bank doesnt offer secure code thingy. this sucks.

Mysterious-G
Jan 2, 2013, 05:08 PM
Still hoping for this to be a mistake.
I want back the money I spent.

Eman2417
Jan 2, 2013, 07:03 PM
Just bought another 1k ac.
And this is no mistake.

VectormanX
Jan 2, 2013, 07:08 PM
I bought 5k AC yesterday with an US Visa credit card went through just fine.

Same here. But beforehand, I had to set up "verified by visa"

Husq
Jan 2, 2013, 07:50 PM
When you people say "went through" or "accepted", was money actually taken from your cards? Meaning have you guys check your statements/card accounts?

The Walrus
Jan 2, 2013, 09:27 PM
hasn't fully gone through yet but i see the hold for it

TheszNuts
Jan 2, 2013, 09:30 PM
Mine is has been taken out already, not pending.

Xaeris
Jan 2, 2013, 09:36 PM
It's a Christmas miracle. God bless us, everyone!

DoubleCannon
Jan 2, 2013, 09:39 PM
ugh wth everytime I try to log into my account on the sega site I get I failed to authenticate.
There is an error in the input.

I am doing the characters perfectly! I want AC so bad need help!!

Quick help meee!!

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/2029/passh.jpg

Xaeris
Jan 2, 2013, 09:42 PM
Are you entering your username in all lowercase?

DoubleCannon
Jan 2, 2013, 09:45 PM
uhh no.. i thought that wouldnt matter? lol let me try in all lowercase

Edit:....... you may slap me as you wish.. wow I feel stupid lol.. It worked :/

.Jack
Jan 2, 2013, 09:45 PM
せなこくて

Kimil Adrayne
Jan 2, 2013, 09:50 PM
Confirmed to work for Canadian Visa
- 5000 AC purchased :D

And the Canadian Dollar is up, so it was only 56$! Hurrah!

DoubleCannon
Jan 2, 2013, 09:55 PM
Um need help here, Kimil how did you pay with the visa! I am CAD aswell using visa but this page! says enter your zip code! and enter my name in Katakana!? My name being Trevor Wybenga wth is that in katakana lol

This says enter your personal information page :/

And enter A address... how have people set all this up? Then I gotta click on register at bottom

Quatre52
Jan 2, 2013, 10:18 PM
Didn't work for me.

seems about like my luck..

Yunfa
Jan 2, 2013, 11:44 PM
That's what I used to get before. Call and ask if you can set up the security code feature if you can't do it online.

What do you mean

blace
Jan 2, 2013, 11:48 PM
What do you mean
Meaning that if you can't get your card registered through the previous sites, you'll need to either call up your bank and or the company that has supplied you with the card to create a security password for purchases.

In my case, my MasterCard is from Capital One. I was able to register a Secure Code through the MasterCard site that allows use with Capital One and its services and set up a password for online purchases.

RocK_M
Jan 3, 2013, 02:04 AM
Payday = Ark Cash charge day!

And yup worked perfectly fine on my end
AU Visa Card

I think due to the randomness of rejections I think it's really more of a provider/bank problem then SEGA's. My card used to have issues w/ some online shops because of the authentication procedures. A quick call w/ my bank fixed that up. I would probably recommend buzzing your bank about your purchase to see if the rejections are happening on the bank side!

.Jack
Jan 3, 2013, 02:21 AM
What do you mean

There should be a phone number on the back your card. Call that number and ask if that option is available.

SupraMedical68
Jan 3, 2013, 03:18 PM
Finally got mine to go through and purchased 5000 points. I went 5000, because I'm not doing that crap again anytime soon.

I ended up pencil whipping the information on the personal registration page. I also only used numbers and Japan characters. I didn't write anything at all in English.

Even once I got through that screen finally I still had a problems with the first credit card I entered for some unknown reason. I switch over to my Citibank Visa card and it went through no problem.

Oh, and if no one has said it lately then I will... I hate Sega's stupid Capcha, now and forever. I'm getting quicker at it, but I still hate it.

*Edit - So now that I have the 5000 points I guess I'll be holding on to them, the only thing I want is the wedding tuxedo and it's out of circulation on scratch. Oh well...

untrustful
Jan 3, 2013, 03:53 PM
Anyone got a link to a guide on this?

Laxedrane
Jan 3, 2013, 05:53 PM
Anyone got a link to a guide on this?

http://bumped.org/psublog/purchasing-arks-cash-in-phantasy-star-online-2-japan/

The link at the start of topic to register your master card was what I needed to get my card to work! Thanks guys:D Now to figure out how to buy things with AC...

finalbillybong
Jan 4, 2013, 07:32 AM
Well I can't buy any, In the UK using a VISA which is set up for 3D Secure. Weird.

Tried about ten times now. It just keeps saying the transaction couldn't be completed and to contact my card provider.

krophiquon
Jan 4, 2013, 11:45 AM
Well I can't buy any, In the UK using a VISA which is set up for 3D Secure. Weird.

Tried about ten times now. It just keeps saying the transaction couldn't be completed and to contact my card provider.

have you tried contacting your card provider?

Also, it worked for me about a week ago. Purchased 3000 AC. US, verified VISA

kkow
Jan 4, 2013, 05:11 PM
has anyone tried out those gift visa cards? i dont really feel like signing up for another card just for this.

Whit
Jan 4, 2013, 05:48 PM
Anyone else having an issue trying to enroll in Verified by Visa? When I enter in my card info on their website, I'm sent to a processing page and then back to the page requesting card information ad infinitum.

I bank with BoA if that matters.

Cloudstrife xx
Jan 4, 2013, 06:19 PM
I got it to work yesterday bought 5000, visa card from the UK

Zeota
Jan 4, 2013, 07:51 PM
Anyone else having an issue trying to enroll in Verified by Visa? When I enter in my card info on their website, I'm sent to a processing page and then back to the page requesting card information ad infinitum.

I bank with BoA if that matters.

I too am grappling with the exact same thing yet I've been in that program for the past 10 years. Oddly enough the VBV page did let me enter my info once but then I get an error on Sega's page afterward. That system has been known to cause a good deal of grief to some folks. Might need to get on the horn with BoA.

SupraMedical68
Jan 5, 2013, 03:34 PM
I too am grappling with the exact same thing yet I've been in that program for the past 10 years. Oddly enough the VBV page did let me enter my info once but then I get an error on Sega's page afterward. That system has been known to cause a good deal of grief to some folks. Might need to get on the horn with BoA.

I believe the same thing happened to me with my JP Morgan Chase card and then I switch to my other CC and it went through with no problems.

Mysterious-G
Jan 5, 2013, 07:47 PM
Weird, I bought plenty AC these past few days, but now I am having the common people VISA verified problem.

RocK_M
Jan 7, 2013, 05:12 AM
Odd... I just got the VISA issue myself =O

Is SEGA blocking payments again? Coz that would... suck =(

saneo
Jan 7, 2013, 03:02 PM
AC website gave me this message when I tried to use my visa card to purchase AC

"
ネットワークが混雑しています
しばらくしてからもう一度やり直してください
"
I tried several times and always got the same message.

It looks like someting about network. But my cable connetion is good. I also used the same credit card to order a pizza without problem a few minutes ago.

Anyone know what might be wrong?

Thanks in advance

ation when

untrustful
Jan 7, 2013, 03:45 PM
Either they're blocking payments, or you guys didn't check to see if your cards are registered under the two links in the first page, or your cards don't qualify for extra protection.

RocK_M
Jan 8, 2013, 02:05 AM
@untrustful: I get the feeling their blocking CC's again. I got the same error when i tried to add 2k points this week. It worked perfectly fine the week before... actually i need to call my bank coz the previous payment that was still pending got cancelled.... last thing i want is my account to go kaput because my bank didn't send the funds >.<

RedRaz0r
Jan 8, 2013, 12:56 PM
@untrustful: I get the feeling their blocking CC's again. I got the same error when i tried to add 2k points this week. It worked perfectly fine the week before... actually i need to call my bank coz the previous payment that was still pending got cancelled.... last thing i want is my account to go kaput because my bank didn't send the funds >.<

I sure hope this is not the case...do to a short last pay check and lots of expenses, I was only able to afford 500....I WAS GOING TO BUY MORE ON FRIDAY! NYOOOOOOO!!!

Eman2417
Jan 8, 2013, 07:05 PM
Yup I think their blocking it again, my visa card just stopped working.
And right when I needed a new mag...

Arika
Jan 8, 2013, 11:28 PM
ネットワークが混雑しています
しばらくしてからもう一度やり直してください
^
it say they have network problem, not about your card issue.

FOnewearl-Lina
Jan 8, 2013, 11:44 PM
It says the network is congested, but he already said "something about network" in his post.
Try it again after maintenance, if it still doesn't work, panic.

BIG OLAF
Jan 9, 2013, 12:15 AM
Change that to

"KEEP CALM and GET IP BANNED"

Speakinawhich, how come no one has shit their pants about that in this thread yet?

Income Taxs
Jan 9, 2013, 12:34 AM
When I read this thread a few days ago I got all excited and found my debit and credit cards to both work (MC). Now... even with securecode... nothin :( Back to webmoney...

Enforcer MKV
Jan 9, 2013, 12:38 AM
Speakinawhich, how come no one has shit their pants about that in this thread yet?

I'd like to think people are actually starting to learn and realize that not every little thing means IP ban.

..Just watch, replying to that starts something.

When I read this thread a few days ago I got all excited and found my debit and credit cards to both work (MC). Now... even with securecode... nothin :( Back to webmoney...

Gotta hate that....stupid bait and switch.

Dana
Jan 9, 2013, 05:01 AM
Doesnt like either of my cards. ,_, UK Visa, LLoyds and Santander.

Or UKMC

FOnewearl-Lina
Jan 9, 2013, 04:14 PM
Ok I tried it again today and it looks like it's still working on my Visa card.
Panic averted +^_^+

Dwaynas
Jan 10, 2013, 09:51 AM
What can you buy with lets say 5k AC and how much does it cost?!

RocK_M
Jan 10, 2013, 10:06 AM
@Dwaynas: 5K AC = 5K Yen. For a list of stuff to buy here's the list from PSO blog - http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-the-ac-store-and-fun-scratch-guide/

@FOnewearl-Lina: ZOMG HOW?! =O SEGA is still taking issue w/ my card >.<

Oh on a general note I've rang my bank and it seems the issue is on SEGA's side. They are blocking cards again.... sort of. Basically the reason why it seems to get rejected even after completing the whole net code/visa secure stuff is the fact that for some reason even when its verified SEGA is not taking the funds out from your card. ie. the transaction works, the bank says they can take the money after confirmation... but SEGA "cancels" the transaction by not actually withdrawing the cash (hence my earlier AC charge on my CC is in a state of limbo at the moment >.<)

FacelessRed
Jan 11, 2013, 07:11 PM
well damn.. it's stopped working for me =( they are blocking again.

Kierto
Jan 18, 2013, 11:51 AM
Bumping this.

Anyone had success or updates regarding this?

Now when I tried to purchase AC I received the "入力されたクレジットカードで決済することができませんでした。クレジットカード会社に直接お問い合わせく ださい。/ We could not settle the transaction contact your card issuer" message. This is after going through Securecode fine and everything working smoothly to that point.

I contacted my card issuers (tried both debit and credit cards) and they both confirm they have not stopped the transaction at any stage, Securecode was all good etc and that Sega instead just refused to take the money.

Edited to Add: Also, one AC payment from earlier this month was reported as 'cancelled' and no fund was withdrawn even though at the time it was marked as 'taken' (and AC received).

Daiyousei
Jan 18, 2013, 12:22 PM
This is just like before when Sega didn't take the money but instead refunded at a later date.

RedRaz0r
Jan 18, 2013, 02:17 PM
When this thread was first posted, I tried my VISA and it worked perfectly. Now, I get the old error. They aren't accepting them again.

Sp-24
Jan 18, 2013, 03:12 PM
So, Sega's attempts at opening up to international banks leads to them receiving transactions from foreign players that Sega has no right to accept and is forced to cancel, which, due to the billing system that Sega uses, means that those people essentially get paid services that they have no rights to receive for free?
...Again?

Eman2417
Jan 18, 2013, 03:13 PM
When this thread was first posted, I tried my VISA and it worked perfectly. Now, I get the old error. They aren't accepting them again.
Same^

Crysteon
Jan 18, 2013, 05:51 PM
Yuuup, they stopped accepting our filthy gaijin moneyz again :0

I tried purchasing 500 AC myself just now and it marks the very same error Kierto reports.

Back to WM, I guess : ohgodwhy:

_Nue
Jan 18, 2013, 07:25 PM
tl;dr

Since my bank doesn't appear for Securecode for Mastercard, I was wondering if I can still purchase from the site without it.

Z-0
Jan 18, 2013, 07:57 PM
No, because they're rejecting foreign cards again.