PDA

View Full Version : is it known if lucky rise applies before crystal is broken?

Silver_Wyrm
Jan 1, 2013, 11:33 AM
I was wondering if it is known if luck up effects apply before or after crystal is broken, someone said it was after, but considering deband drinks with give rare up, end after quest before crystal I was under the impression it applies on the boss's death

is it actually known how it applies?

UnLucky
Jan 1, 2013, 11:59 AM
that would take hundreds of trials to even get a hint

but you can leave the area before it's broken and come back to a ring of drops, right? Or not, I don't know how it helps to prove anything either way

Kierto
Jan 1, 2013, 12:06 PM
Complete a boss drop item Client Order in advance but do not hand it in. Hold full quantity of items in your inventory.

Defeat boss. Do not break crystal. Deposit one Client Order item to storage.

Break crystal. Client Order item can re-drop (confirmed via multiple times and sources).

Draw your own conclusions~

gigawuts
Jan 1, 2013, 01:10 PM
Given lucky rise is +5% droprate, and boss crystals seem to operate differently from everything else, I don't think anyone is willing to test enough kills and account for the random factor on top of it. It's one of those things nobody really knows, but they have their beliefs in anyway.

Me, I don't think LR applies to bosses at all. I think drinks might, if they're not removed when the crystal breaks. Honestly, I have NFI.

gravityvx
Jan 1, 2013, 01:51 PM
Luck rise is the only drop rate increase that actually effects the boss drops if anything. I know for a fact the drinks fall off right as the boss dies, so it's not applied to the crystals. So with that I will just keep pretending my 20% luck rise is working.

Eman2417
Jan 1, 2013, 01:53 PM
Yeah the rumor is you have to kill the boss with lucky rise on.

jooozek
Jan 1, 2013, 02:02 PM
Why don't you test it with a weapon that has that a meseta boosting ability?

Silver_Wyrm
Jan 1, 2013, 02:07 PM
Why don't you test it with a weapon that has that a meseta boosting ability?

next time I get a junk rare tekked I'll do just that

dablacksephiroth
Jan 1, 2013, 02:59 PM
Go to Jean. Grab Jean's Client order "Add Abilities to your favorite items".

Affix something that is guarunteed to fail first, then do one that will succeed.

As you hit the "Add ability" button, you will note the Client Order completes, when you succeed, before the (gear-looking) animation of affixing moves to the next menu showing you've succeeded or failed.

Your victory or failure was already determined.

To relate: Your boss kill is you hitting the "Add ability" button. Breaking the crystals for loot is the (gear-looking) animation that plays as you're moving to the succeed or fail menu.

Your victory or failure was already determined at the boss's kill. Why do you think your EX fades and you still get the benefits right after the boss's death? Your increase of the RNG's favor was calculated. Leaving and coming back won't change what was already determined in your crystal.

Like other games, your player ID was saved to that particular instance until the instance is destroyed or the player picks up the items or they get overwritten by an abundance of other drops.

Meji
Jan 1, 2013, 04:21 PM
If you're speaking of drinks, the answer is NO.

How did I figure this out? Very easy.
You see all of those +10% Meseta Tickets you have in your storage? Try bringing one of these to the boss room, and activate it AFTER you've killed the boss. When you open up the sphere, all Meseta-drops will have been boosted by 10%. This shows that what's inside the sphere actually spawns when it's destroyed, not when the boss dies.

Z-0
Jan 1, 2013, 04:33 PM
Added to this, you can receive boss drops without actually being there when the kill happens, providing the boss crystal is not destroyed when you arrive.

We do this a lot in TA, since Mizer usually dies as I'm running to him, so we leave the crystal so I can still get some Mizer Souls. \o/

gigawuts
Jan 1, 2013, 04:38 PM
I'm interested to know if the drop count can be raised after the boss is killed. I don't think it can be, but I've had instances where a boss that shouldn't have dropped more than 4 items did. Either there's RNG-driven variation in even 0 kill-point boss drops, lucky rise DOES influence it, or kills between death and crystal breaking were counted.

I should test this later on.