PDA

View Full Version : Questions

Dualbird12
Jan 2, 2013, 07:39 PM
I'm a huge fan of the first PSO and PSU was pretty good while it lasted so when I heard about PSO2 coming out I had to try it.

Unfortunately when I tried to play PSO2 on my laptop it turned out my graphics card isn't good enough to play it.

So right now I'm leaning for towards the PS Vita version but I don't have one.

My question is, Is PSO2 a good enough game for me to invest in a Vita just so I can play it??

Also I don't know Japanese (yet) so how hard would it be for me to understand the basics of playing??

plasism
Jan 2, 2013, 07:57 PM
Did you try lowering the graphics on the launcher to try to play the game? Or are you the kind of person who won't play a game w/o optimum graphics?

Dualbird12
Jan 2, 2013, 08:30 PM
Did you try lowering the graphics on the launcher to try to play the game? Or are you the kind of person who won't play a game w/o optimum graphics?

I could only get the game to open up in the lowest graphic setting and when it launched I saw a cool looking cinematic then the game would close. Never found a fix for it. So I figure it was just my graphics card since I it seems to be the culprit 90% of the time.

Nidramag
Jan 2, 2013, 08:46 PM
No, PSP2i is superior in virtually every way.

Totori
Jan 2, 2013, 08:54 PM
I'd say it's worth a Vita and who knows, you might find some other games that you like from that deal also. So if you wanna play PSO2 then yeah, that might be your only way.

Dualbird12
Jan 2, 2013, 09:06 PM
I was just looking at some screen shots some people have posted on here of the game and I have to say I like what I see. It looks very similar to the first one with updated graphics and other goodies.

Only bad thing is it's about $250 for a vita then about $60 for the game. That's a lot of money and I don't like spending a lot of money.

Totori
Jan 2, 2013, 09:10 PM
Well if it matters, the Vita PSO2 is free. So you won't have to worry about that. I still say it's much cheaper than having to update a really old PC if you want to play.

Anduril
Jan 2, 2013, 09:12 PM
I would recommend checking out what other games you might want to play for the Vita before deciding to get one. Getting a system for one game usually isn't the best investment. Also keep in mind that you will most likely need to get two memory cards since you need to have a Japanese PSN account to play PSO2 and you can't have two PSN accounts on a single memory card.

blace
Jan 2, 2013, 09:26 PM
Let's not forget, some games are free without PS+ and discounts and more free games for PS+.

There was confirmation that PSO2 Vita is free to download or using the game cartridge for $60. Additional memory cards are a bit costly however, ranging from $30-$100.

SociableTyrannosaur
Jan 2, 2013, 10:17 PM
I might save up for a new PC tbh. Vita's library is pretty limited. I have one and as of now I only have a few games that I actually wanted enough to go out and buy. Also, PCs have the luxury of an english patch (violates the ToS, but I haven;t heard of anyone getting banned for it yet). Whereas Vita you're stuck with the JP version or NA if you go that route.

ALSO from what I understand you'll need a JP PSN account which if you want to use your NA PSN account will mean two memory cards since you can't run multiple account son one memcard. By the time you're done with all this you could have nearly bought a PC already. I saw a link in another thread for an acer laptop for (I think?) under 600 with a GTX640M which is more than enough to run the game.

domokun1134
Jan 3, 2013, 12:33 AM
What are the specs on your laptop? My laptop is an i5 with a lousy Intel HD 3000 integrated GPU and it ran the game fine on graphics level setting 2.

Ezodagrom
Jan 3, 2013, 12:41 AM
No, PSP2i is superior in virtually every way.
I don't think it's really fair to compare PSPo2i with PSO2.
PSPo2i is the result of many years of evolution of the PSU series, while PSO2 is still in its infancy.
Unless SEGA screws up badly, it's very likely that in a few years PSO2 will be superior in nearly every way when compared to PSPo2i.