PDA

View Full Version : Need help fast please!

DoubleCannon
Jan 2, 2013, 10:04 PM
Ok so I am atempting to buy AC but I do not know wth to do at this point lol.

I am on the sega site, logged in and clicked buy Arks cash, I clicked visa and I am now having to fill out personal info.

They want name and then name in katakana?? address, Zip Code? I live in ontario so I just put my postal code however it says (Numbers)? Does any of this info matter or can I skip this? At the bottom it says register the click button.

What do I do!? lol

SociableTyrannosaur
Jan 2, 2013, 10:05 PM
pretty sure they want a JP address there

DoubleCannon
Jan 2, 2013, 10:07 PM
ya which how did people go about that? If I put false info wouldnt it look suspicious to the visa people? people are buying AC now from US and canada. I am lost how they have this set up

Edit: This is what they want

Please enter your first and last name.
Last name: Name:
* Last Name (example): (8 double-byte characters each) Taro name: Sega
Please enter your first and last name in katakana.
Last name (kana): Name (kana):
* Last Name (example): (8 double-byte characters each) Taro name: Sega
Please enter your zip code. (Numbers)
〒:- 123-4567 * (Example)
Please enter an address.
Address:

* Cho 1-1, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo ○ ○ (Example) (up to 50 characters)
Please enter your phone number. (Numbers)
Tel: - -
03-1234-5678 * (Example)
Please select your gender.

SociableTyrannosaur
Jan 2, 2013, 10:10 PM
You can set up a different billing address iirc. This is general account info you're inputting now.

DoubleCannon
Jan 2, 2013, 10:14 PM
oh I see.. hmm gonna need help I can not leave anything blank. what did others do? how to input japan info?

Anduril
Jan 2, 2013, 10:18 PM
oh I see.. hmm gonna need help I can not leave anything blank. what did others do? how to input japan info?
I registered for an account at tenso.com. They give you an address that you can use to shop at websites that don't have international shipping, so putting that address isn't technically falsifying info since it is more or less like having a PO box and is a legitimate address.

SociableTyrannosaur
Jan 2, 2013, 10:19 PM
I used fake info for my name, but I found a legitimate JP address. The old alpha signup guide should have all the info you need.

SociableTyrannosaur
Jan 2, 2013, 10:20 PM
I registered for an account at tenso.com. They give you an address that you can use to shop at websites that don't have international shipping, so putting that address isn't technically falsifying info since it is more or less like having a PO box and is a legitimate address.

Or that.

DoubleCannon
Jan 2, 2013, 10:20 PM
Ah ok. Thanks for the info. Now for the name part, my name being Trevor Wybenga how do type that into katakana cause the keyboard failed lol

I got.. tレヴオr wyベンガ

Its not right

SociableTyrannosaur
Jan 2, 2013, 10:24 PM
Lexilogos is your friend.

I'd spell it like this: トレイバ ワイベンガ

try it yourself if you like though (http://www.lexilogos.com/keyboard/katakana.htm)

DoubleCannon
Jan 2, 2013, 10:25 PM
lol thats exactly what I used. I am just noob at it I guess haha thanks though

Anduril
Jan 2, 2013, 10:26 PM
I got トレバー(Trevor) ウァイベンガー(Wybenga) from this site: http://www.sljfaq.org/cgi/e2k.cgi

ashley50
トレヴァー ウィベンガ  choose what you think is correct.

SociableTyrannosaur
I just typed it phonetically, didn't bother with conversion.