PDA

View Full Version : I need some class questions answered.

Zuken
Jan 3, 2013, 03:57 AM
So I played PSO for the longest time. Had a hunter, ranger, and force. I liked force the best, but in PSO2 I played ranger for the time that I was online. I didn't want to burn myself out on PSO2 so I just played until around lvl 20. I thought ranger was fun, but I think I'd like a force better. Basically I just want to know everyone's experience with their class and why they like playing the class they do. I'd like Ranger more if there were spread/shotguns in this game, but since there aren't I'm either going with Hunter or Force. I figure the game has been out for some time now, and I think most people know what's good and what isn't. I couldn't really find any discussion on this on the internet.

Ok basically force, but just tell me what's fun about force/hunter or why either of them are worth choosing. I appreciate the opinions in advance.

EDIT: One more thing, I heard that race doesn't matter with class anymore. So can I make a CAST force now?

jooozek
Jan 3, 2013, 04:18 AM
Seeing how they remade the non-rare shots from PSO into rare launchers I imagine it's pretty safe to assume we aren't getting shots ever even if they were to add a new ranged class. The closest thing to shots is the Diffuse Shell PA on assault rifles but even that doesn't come close to them because PP limits your usage.

Hunter is fun because well, instead of standing away from the monsters you have to get close in with them, it uses the block/evade mechanics the most.

You can make a FOcast/FOcaseal now, yes but you will lose out quite a chunk of base technique attack (it's like 60 points difference between lv. 40 FOcasts and FOnewearls).

Zuken
Jan 3, 2013, 04:26 AM
Seeing how they remade the non-rare shots from PSO into rare launchers I imagine it's pretty safe to assume we aren't getting shots ever even if they were to add a new ranged class. The closest thing to shots is the Diffuse Shell PA on assault rifles but even that doesn't come close to them because PP limits your usage.

Hunter is fun because well, instead of standing away from the monsters you have to get close in with them, it uses the block/evade mechanics the most.

You can make a FOcast/FOcaseal now, yes but you will lose out quite a chunk of base technique attack (it's like 60 points difference between lv. 40 FOcasts and FOnewearls).

Out of the two, which would you say is more efficient in combat and in groups? Or even more fun to play?

jooozek
Jan 3, 2013, 04:35 AM
Whichever you pick will be fine generally. Force is easier IMO to be efficient until you get good equipment as Hunter. Both are fun to me. You can always level both since we can now switch classes whenever we want outside of quests.

What I play generally depends, nowadays its force.

Angelo
Jan 3, 2013, 05:03 AM
I enjoy Hunter and Fighter the most since they play in a really dynamic way.

The only downside is that the effort does not pay off compared to just about every other class.

Hunter is arguably the most difficult class to play since it's more about twitch reflect and timing than micromanagement. The majority of players I've talked to who started with FO or RA and start playing HU say "Man, this is hard".

I remember in PSO1, the classes had difficulties. HU was for beginners, RA was for intermediate, and FO was for advanced. In PSO2 RA/GU are easy mode, FO/TE are still pretty easy, and HU/FI are harder/advanced to play but it's not really as rewarding in MPA, or boss fights, or... anything.

If you plan on soloing a lot and really want to grasp the action dynamic of PSO2, go with Fighter. If you just want to win against everything you look at go with Gunner.

Zuken
Jan 3, 2013, 05:25 AM
I enjoy Hunter and Fighter the most since they play in a really dynamic way.

The only downside is that the effort does not pay off compared to just about every other class.

Hunter is arguably the most difficult class to play since it's more about twitch reflect and timing than micromanagement. The majority of players I've talked to who started with FO or RA and start playing HU say "Man, this is hard".

I remember in PSO1, the classes had difficulties. HU was for beginners, RA was for intermediate, and FO was for advanced. In PSO2 RA/GU are easy mode, FO/TE are still pretty easy, and HU/FI are harder/advanced to play but it's not really as rewarding in MPA, or boss fights, or... anything.

If you plan on soloing a lot and really want to grasp the action dynamic of PSO2, go with Fighter. If you just want to win against everything you look at go with Gunner.

When you say Hunter and Fighter, what does that mean? I've also heard Force and Techter or something. What's the difference?

blace
Jan 3, 2013, 05:33 AM
Two different classes, or rather specializations. Hunters specialize in two-handed weaponry and can defend themselves by blocking, whereas Fighters specialize in more quick up close combat with dodges and dealing alot of numbers.

Forces are the run of the mill mages of sorts, specializing in fire, ice and lightning. Techers/Techtors are more support based as their skill trees boost the effectiveness of Shift and Deband as well as increasing damage done with light, dark and wind techs. Specializing in light allows you to have greater range when using techs like Resta as well.

To use Fighter, Techtor, Gunner you first need to reach level 30 in Hunter, Force and Ranger respectively.

Zuken
Jan 3, 2013, 05:45 AM
Two different classes, or rather specializations. Hunters specialize in two-handed weaponry and can defend themselves by blocking, whereas Fighters specialize in more quick up close combat with dodges and dealing alot of numbers.

Forces are the run of the mill mages of sorts, specializing in fire, ice and lightning. Techers/Techtors are more support based as their skill trees boost the effectiveness of Shift and Deband as well as increasing damage done with light, dark and wind techs. Specializing in light allows you to have greater range when using techs like Resta as well.

To use Fighter, Techtor, Gunner you first need to reach level 30 in Hunter, Force and Ranger respectively.

Can forces hit many targets at once like in PSO still? Also will I only be able to specialize in a single school of technic? Like only Barta, Zonde, or Foie based technics? That seems very odd to me.

blace
Jan 3, 2013, 05:51 AM
All techs can hit multiple targets even Foie can hit multiple targets if the main bolt of fire isn't intercepted.

You can specialize in all three trees if you'd like, but most take advantage of either fire or lightning, raw damage or decreased PP usage. Ice tree is mediocre and doesn't offer much with the exception of taking some of your HP and converting it into T-ATK for increased damage. Fire tree allows you to charge PP while charging your techs and increases damage done with charged techs. Lightning tree offers decreased PP usage with Zonde based techs and increases the damage through Just Attacks.

Edit: Mess around with the skill tree here (http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.html) and see the effects of each skill in each tree for all 6 classes.

Zuken
Jan 3, 2013, 02:08 PM
All techs can hit multiple targets even Foie can hit multiple targets if the main bolt of fire isn't intercepted.

You can specialize in all three trees if you'd like, but most take advantage of either fire or lightning, raw damage or decreased PP usage. Ice tree is mediocre and doesn't offer much with the exception of taking some of your HP and converting it into T-ATK for increased damage. Fire tree allows you to charge PP while charging your techs and increases damage done with charged techs. Lightning tree offers decreased PP usage with Zonde based techs and increases the damage through Just Attacks.

Edit: Mess around with the skill tree here (http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.html) and see the effects of each skill in each tree for all 6 classes.

Do Hunters deal more dps for having to stand in the line of fire? I remember in PSO that wasn't really the case. Force kinda took the dps charts. Or Ranger if you had a Spread Needle.

UnLucky
Jan 3, 2013, 05:37 PM
They're more sustained damage, I suppose, since you regain PP from normal attacks. The dash attack skill really improves their approach, and I guess you can do some fancy dash cancel footwork to move around fast.

Running around as a Hunter is a lot of fun, though, since you can easily have a build with everything available without sacrificing much. Get all the weapon gears, then either automate or more general damage. With Force it's either all fire, or mostly fire and 10 skill points to make lightning techs cost the same as everything else.

Syklo
Jan 3, 2013, 05:53 PM
When I first started, I chose hunter, because I was expecting sabers.

Not....gigantic freaking slow buster swords. At least partizans were a good alternative.
Wired lance was the shit back when i played. Was really enjoyable when I got my first PSE burst on my 2nd or 3rd run of dagan extermination :P.

But once I unlocked fighter.......I never looked back.
EVER.
To this day, since unlocking fighter, I have never touched hunter. and I probably wont for a long time (unless I wanna try out some new PA's....like air pocket swing :3)

As for why choose that over force.......i dunno, force seemed kind of bland to me at first before i switched. having more techs makes it more enjoyable though.
I still prefer speed > anything, so fighters ftw!!!

Kirine
Jan 3, 2013, 06:03 PM
Forces still devastate MPAs and trash mobs, but Gunners are no doubt the bane of every monster out there, including bosses.

blace
Jan 3, 2013, 06:06 PM
Forces still devastate MPAs and trash mobs, but Gunners are no doubt the bane of every monster out there, including bosses.

Assuming Gunners are using Elder Rebellion and spamming it then sure they dominate everything.

Kirine
Jan 3, 2013, 06:14 PM
Assuming Gunners are using Elder Rebellion and spamming it then sure they dominate everything.

I was thinking more along the lines of -boss is stunned for a few moments and exposes its weak core (zesh, ragne, falz arm, falz elder, big varder)- weak bullet on weak spot, chain hit to 20~30 chain, then elder rebellion with the following:

+10 yas9000/lamda rag (with lv.3 special ability) with Mizer Soul + Shoot III, and 50 element (Lightning, Light, or Fire)
Varder/Falz set with Mizer Soul + Shoot III
Lv.50 Gunner/Lv.50 Ranger
Maxed out weak hit advance
Max out zero range as much as possible (basically touching the boss' weak point and core)
Just attack to take advantage of more damage, even more when using a Lamda Rag with lv.3 immediate justice.
+cake for +30 r-attack
Shifta, though shifta items can work for its 30 second intended use

Literally, any boss that takes the full combo of elder rebellion under those above conditions will be limping if not dead from such a deadly combo to their weak point.

You don't even need zero range advance... you can still deal 20k~30k per shot instead of 30k~40k with zero range advance.

So let's say gunners deal 20k for the initial 6 hits, 26k for the last 3 hits.

(20,000 * 6) + (26,000 *3)
120,000 + 78,000 = 198,000 damage

That's 198,000 damage dealt to a boss within a short time frame.

Though often I see gunners deal 25k~30k per shot with just 20~30 chain with good equipment.

If the gunners are fast enough, before chain and weak bullet disappears, one can deal the first 3 hits of another elder rebellion for astounding additional damage.

blace
Jan 3, 2013, 06:17 PM
Which is one on one. In large groups not so effective.

Kirine
Jan 3, 2013, 06:21 PM
Which is one on one. In large groups not so effective.

Pretty much for 1 v 1.

For Gu/RA, they need to rely on launchers for good damage in terms of area damage.

Personally I own craft plosion and on VH I can only deal 3k area damage with cluster bullet and the launcher only has 599 r-attack. Imagine how much more area damage a gunner can do with flame visit whose r-attack with proper affixes goes over 1,100?

That means with a flame visit launcher and cluster bullets, Gu/Ra can deal 3k~5k area damage with cluster bullet while having access to great pp recovery and single damage dps with twin mech guns, along with a rifle to add weak bullet to the team for support.

Though that's really just the ideal, forces still dominate gunners in terms of AOE mob control.

Whoever thought of letting gunners have access to decent to the strongest launcher probably wasn't thinking correctly in augmenting its AOE damage.