PDA

View Full Version : Can someone register an account for me for pso2?

Kenoke
Jan 3, 2013, 09:19 PM
Hi guys I don't understand JP in the slightest and REALLY want to play this game. Can someone help me out by registering for me????

Syklo
Jan 3, 2013, 09:22 PM
Hi guys I don't understand JP in the slightest and REALLY want to play this game. Can someone help me out by registering for me????
google translate wants to be friends with you

Kenoke
Jan 3, 2013, 09:25 PM
Only problem im having is the captcha at the botom haha... i need help!!!

BIG OLAF
Jan 3, 2013, 09:26 PM
Use this: http://www.lexilogos.com/keyboard/katakana.htm

Just switch it to the Hiragana option.

Kenoke
Jan 3, 2013, 09:39 PM
still difficult as i dont know which symbol to use......

blace
Jan 3, 2013, 09:41 PM
It's only natural since you're starting it now. Alternatively, you could wait for the english version. Whenever that may be.

terrell707
Jan 3, 2013, 10:48 PM
still difficult as i dont know which symbol to use......

Just try ad guess. The Captcha doesn't change even if you get it wrong so you can keep guessing. Shouldn't take long. (Unless something changed)

blace
Jan 3, 2013, 10:50 PM
Just try ad guess. The Captcha doesn't change even if you get it wrong so you can keep guessing. Shouldn't take long. (Unless something changed)

The time to enter the correct captcha was shortened, so that would make it more difficult.

terrell707
Jan 3, 2013, 10:56 PM
The time to enter the correct captcha was shortened, so that would make it more difficult.

Oh wow...that sucks. Guess it may be harder but he/she can still do it :)

Vintasticvin
Jan 4, 2013, 12:08 AM
So that explains why logging into my account via site and registering a third account has been a pain they really are working to keep us gajins out lol

fires2dust
Jan 4, 2013, 12:20 AM
It's not a very good idea to have someone else know your account details. o-o' they could access your character at any time and mess with it. Not that I think anyone here is capable of doing that but it's not something I'd recommend. I wouldn't feel safe knowing someone else can get into my account either.

Just give it a shot. It's not that hard, some of us aren't all that knowledgable in Japanese either but we still manage. It'd actually help you some to study a bit of hiragana and katakana, none of the item names are translated in the English patch.

Anduril
Jan 4, 2013, 12:26 AM
It's not a very good idea to have someone else know your account details. o-o' they could access your character at any time and mess with it. Not that I think anyone here is capable of doing that but it's not something I'd recommend. I wouldn't feel safe knowing someone else can get into my account either.

Just give it a shot. It's not that hard, some of us aren't all that knowledgable in Japanese either but we still manage. It'd actually help you some to study a bit of hiragana and katakana, none of the item names are translated in the English patch.
In addition to that: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=194241

May0
Jan 4, 2013, 01:09 AM
I considered having someone do this for me but fires2dust outlined my reasons not to. If its really that hard I'd wait for the english version unless there's someone you trust here who you'd want to do it for you.

Alternatively maybe they could set up a temporary password and then you could change it later? Can that be done with JP Sega IDs? Either way I'll resign myself to waiting in the mean time. Good luck in either case.

blace
Jan 4, 2013, 01:13 AM
Yes it can be done, but honestly, would you want them knowing the personal details?

May0
Jan 4, 2013, 01:49 AM
Yes it can be done, but honestly, would you want them knowing the personal details?

You're losing me. My main concern is the password (in theory) that you would tell the person setting up your account. They could put whatever info they wanted as long as you changed it later.

Once the account was set up you would need to know how to change your password (thats what I'm curious about). I would assume there would be no way for them to access your account after you change your email that's registered to your account.

blace
Jan 4, 2013, 02:02 AM
That and the corresponding individual that helped create the account wouldn't have access unless they knew the password to the email or risk the ever constant verification needed to play the game.

But yes, there wouldn't be a way for anyone to access that information if that is changed.

Noc Codez
Jan 4, 2013, 03:32 AM
The laziness of people is so sad.. Think anyone helped us Register? Most people said here follow this guide and most of us did.. stop being Lazy and Register an account.. took me 20 mins to do it myself and I don't know a lick of Japanese..

SupraMedical68
Jan 5, 2013, 03:50 PM
The laziness of people is so sad.. Think anyone helped us Register? Most people said here follow this guide and most of us did.. stop being Lazy and Register an account.. took me 20 mins to do it myself and I don't know a lick of Japanese..

Quoted for truth

If a nobody like myself with absolutely no interest in computers can put together a computer from scratch, download, and then play the game, anyone can do it. Mind you, I'm not that interested in their culture that I've actually learned any Japanese either.

I think the secret to the Capcha is just being persistent and then eventually you get used to it. Even though I can't read the characters I now can at least recognize them.

If you're going to play the game you'll eventually have enter the Capcha at some point, even just to change the password...

r00tabaga
Jan 5, 2013, 05:04 PM
just wait like me for the English version. The captcha bullshit wasted 10 mins of my life that I'll never get back.

Syklo
Jan 5, 2013, 08:34 PM
just wait like me for the English version. The captcha bullshit wasted 10 mins of my life that I'll never get back.
Typing that post wasted 5+ seconds of your life that you'll never get back.

Deal with it.

SupraMedical68
Jan 5, 2013, 08:47 PM

Why so he can get treated like shit by Sega, receive late updates, and then have the servers shut down before the JP servers even though the English will be released a year after...

Is the Capcha that serious?

r00tabaga
Jan 5, 2013, 08:52 PM
Edited: I'm not a PC nerd so the Jap Cap is not something I care to waste any of my time on. Woulda been nice w/ my new Asus but oh well. I can play other games while I wait for NA ver.

Seany1990
Jan 5, 2013, 08:53 PM
Why so he can get treated like shit by Sega
The only argument that statement can make is to boycott the entire IP, not just the NA version.

Vintasticvin
Jan 5, 2013, 09:03 PM
Why so he can get treated like shit by Sega, receive late updates, and then have the servers shut down before the JP servers even though the English will be released a year after...

Is the Capcha that serious?

Yeeeah the Capcha means busines and gotta be inhuman or a well versed in the hiragana to get passed it.

SupraMedical68
Jan 6, 2013, 12:31 AM
The only argument that statement can make is to boycott the entire IP, not just the NA version.

Yeah, because we definitely haven't been getting treat worst than our Japanese counterparts. We don't even have an active PSO/PSU server at all for English speaking people. At least their servers for PSU lasted until PSO2 JP was ready.

Not to mention while everyone on PSO2 US is waiting for the updates they'll always be a year behind Japan if not worst. The JP players are always going to be two steps ahead on probably every Phantasy Star game.

Why would you even bring up Boycotting something that's free...