PDA

View Full Version : So what with the B20 fiasco..

Cortte
Jan 3, 2013, 11:57 PM
Where are all of us NAs congregating? Ship 2 of course.

BIG OLAF
Jan 4, 2013, 12:00 AM
Could you clarify what the 'B20 fiasco' is? Most EN players still congregate there.

Cortte
Jan 4, 2013, 12:02 AM
Well people have have been having loads of errors on Ship B20. Unable to enter despite in not being full, and or it booting them after trying.

Whit
Jan 4, 2013, 12:02 AM
Block 20 isn't loading for some people it seems. A friend and I are currently unable to enter the block.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/JE2jO.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/wbgO5.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Cortte
Jan 4, 2013, 12:05 AM
Yes this is the case, but I am wondering where B20 is migrating because of this issue

AzureBlaze
Jan 4, 2013, 01:41 AM
I get error 614 too, if I try to go to block 20.
It's currently 138am on the 4th.

I would guess, unless this problem presists over multiple days, that there won't be some mass migration to some other block/perm change in eng community.

Does anybody know if any of the popular (ie 'always full') JP blocks are now emptied out due to a similar problem? I didn't memorize their popular blocks, so I can't tell at a glance. I'd imagine whatever this error is wouldn't be limited to just blk 20, somewhere else has got to be affected unless it was an attack (which I doubt also mostly) Hopefully this gets fixed soon,

Gama
Jan 4, 2013, 02:29 AM
same issue, dc if i try to go there.

ArcaneTechs
Jan 4, 2013, 03:40 AM
decided to see what people were doing on Blk 20 out of boredom, noticed that the block was almost empty (little unusual) and as soon as i try to move there it kicks me off the server and i have to re-login. oh well, doesnt bother me since i dont play on there anymore, wonder if theres gonna be some kind of compensation, or if some hacker is doing this to foreigners for the hell of it and its bots and cheats galore going on there

Ce'Nedra
Jan 4, 2013, 03:45 AM
Glad I never play in B20 :P I got this message a few times trying to enter B45 though. Just try again later and it should work.

Zephre
Jan 4, 2013, 06:48 AM
just go to 19 instead till 20 is up again?

gigawuts
Jan 4, 2013, 07:24 AM
Nobody said it yet? Okay.

IT'S A CONSPIRACY AGAINST THE GAIJINS

Vintasticvin
Jan 4, 2013, 07:45 AM
Nobody said it yet? Okay.

IT'S A CONSPIRACY AGAINST THE GAIJINS

That and the fact people are too stubborn around here to come up with an emergency meeting block should something and iirc our backup meeting blocks were 21-23

Ce'Nedra
Jan 4, 2013, 07:49 AM
People are spread out to much these days to even care for backup blocks. B20 isnt even the "official english block" anymore since people swarm arround 9-12 and 36-42 much more due to them being the VH and Ruins blocks kinda.

Coatl
Jan 4, 2013, 08:13 AM
I don't understand how blocks like 20 and 40 can be full and blocks 21 and 41 not even 1/4 full. It makes about as much sense as 6 people standing outside lobbies hoping to get a spot in a full ruins multiparty, except in a bigger scale.

Why don't people just start a new multiparty instead of waiting outside?
Of course, doing this is much harder when it comes to full blocks, so it ends up being much better just to see where you can squeeze in.

Temprus
Jan 4, 2013, 10:07 AM
Y'know, I got this error the other day when I tried to get into B05. Upon reloading the game again I BSoD'd and upon starting everything up again, all of my "saved" options were undone. :< This includes saving the username for logging in.

So annoying...

UnLucky
Jan 4, 2013, 10:38 AM
Foreign IP bans! English patch bans! False information for AC bans! Japanese players reported us for speaking in English and/or being rude!

Vintasticvin
Jan 4, 2013, 11:24 AM
Foreign IP bans! English patch bans! False information for AC bans! Japanese players reported us for speaking in English and/or being rude!

For sure if I go down its cause of IP, mod, and speaking the demonic language known as english out in the open. Guess its good I wasnt able to fill in the login correctly to try getting me Some of that fabled Arks Cash and I was always respectful and polite everyone I crossed path with and had a few twilight fan girl squeals when I saw several members for sure Gama and how much I wanted to punch his cute drawings still. >_<

Akaimizu
Jan 4, 2013, 11:43 AM
Most of the time I can't get on 20 due to it being full. Unless I somehow find myself up in the wee hours of the morning to jump in. I'm more likely to be found in 21.

Punisher106
Jan 4, 2013, 11:44 AM
Well JP players go to 3 for normal, 5 for Hard, and 7 for VH. Why not join in with them?

krayaselius
Jan 4, 2013, 11:51 AM
actually, they also gather at b40: Ruins VH, etc. :3

Ezodagrom
Jan 4, 2013, 11:53 AM
Well JP players go to 3 for normal, 5 for Hard, and 7 for VH. Why not join in with them?
The very hard block is 9, not 7. ^^;

Seravi Edalborez
Jan 4, 2013, 01:41 PM
To be more specific, the block names refer to what their intended purpose is for easier matchmaking. (Note: Intended purpose =/= what people actually use it for, unless it's a popular block)

B1 - B2: Beginner
B3 - B4: Normal
B5 - B8: Hard
B9 - B13: Very Hard
B14 - B20: Normal Forest, Volcano, Desert, Tundra, Tunnels, F.Cont., and Ruins in that order.
B21 - B27: Same as above but for Hard
B28 - B43: Same as above but for VH and with 2 blocks per area, 4 blocks for VH Ruins
B44: Time Attack
B45: Solo Play
B46 to the end are unnamed.

The blocks I tend to see most aside from 20 are B5 (General Hard), 36 (VH Tunnels, and 40 (VH Ruins). The general VH blocks also tend to fill up for Falz.

Zephre
Jan 4, 2013, 03:53 PM
Instead of everyone saying where everyone else plays, maybe lets say where we play so we can get an idea of where people are actually playing now instead of b20...

Im going beteen 3 and 9 at the moment since they seem to be most active and have come across quite a few english speakers there.

Will_Nonheim
Jan 4, 2013, 04:01 PM
Or y'know, how about this?
Everyone hitting that B-20 issue, go to B-21, next one down. It's usually empty anyway. Problem solved.

_Nue
Jan 4, 2013, 04:26 PM
tl;dr most posts.

So I plan to vacation to Ship 2 (from Ship 4) for a couple of weeks to visit some friends, how "bad" is it in block 20 or any other English blocks? I hear that a lot of NSFW SA's are spammed quite often, but what are the pros to it? (Other than avoiding block 20). Enlighten the tourist.

NoiseHERO
Jan 4, 2013, 04:36 PM
You rely on B20 to play with others?

All the "correct to your level/mission you want to play" will not only net you some WAY better parties, but it's a mix of JP AND EN players either way. @_@

(and it's not like people in B20 actually talk to each other.)

/And every time I end up in B20 for falz it always takes 15 minutes just to do a terrible job fighting elder while barely getting his arms. Yeah, like wtf.

Seravi Edalborez
Jan 4, 2013, 04:50 PM
tl;dr most posts.

So I plan to vacation to Ship 2 (from Ship 4) for a couple of weeks to visit some friends, how "bad" is it in block 20 or any other English blocks? I hear that a lot of NSFW SA's are spammed quite often, but what are the pros to it? (Other than avoiding block 20). Enlighten the tourist.

This is sort of sidestepping the question but: Unless you spend a lot of time in the lobby area, it really doesn't matter. Most time should be spent on quests killing stuff, not watching the lobby rats occasionally post colorful SAs, afk dance, and spam.

I don't see annoying lobby chatter (or any) in block 5 (Hard general), 9 (VH general), 36 (VH Tunnels), or 40 (VH Ruins) where I frequent. A simple "yoroshiku" for any JPs in an area and a "<t> <pos>" shortcut word (not if you go english patch) is all the "necessary" conversation needed during quests and that goes across language barriers.

Vintasticvin
Jan 4, 2013, 04:58 PM
You rely on B20 to play with others?

All the "correct to your level/mission you want to play" will not only net you some WAY better parties, but it's a mix of JP AND EN players either way. @_@

/And every time I end up in B20 for falz it always takes 15 minutes just to do a terrible job fighting elder while barely getting his arms. Yeah, like wtf.

So what yer saying is blocks 3,4, and 45 are right up my ally?

_Nue
Jan 4, 2013, 04:58 PM
This is sort of sidestepping the question but: Unless you spend a lot of time in the lobby area, it really doesn't matter. Most time should be spent on quests killing stuff, not watching the lobby rats occasionally post colorful SAs, afk dance, and spam.

I don't see annoying lobby chatter (or any) in block 5 (Hard general), 9 (VH general), 36 (VH Tunnels), or 40 (VH Ruins) where I frequent. A simple "yoroshiku" for any JPs in an area and a "<t> <pos>" shortcut word (not if you go english patch) is all the "necessary" conversation needed during quests and that goes across language barriers.

Ah, well I'm just really curious about the community there. Of course I won't spend most of my time in the lobby, just grinding with a few friends. It's not like all that will affect my playing anyway.

NoiseHERO
Jan 4, 2013, 05:01 PM
So what yer saying is blocks 3,4, and 45 are right up my ally?

I'd use any block over 20, but yeah I just follow my level and play with the JP players...

Forget about lobby rats, I always find terrible parties/MPAs in general in B20.

EvilMag
Jan 4, 2013, 05:09 PM
I'd use any block over 20, but yeah I just follow my level and play with the JP players...

Forget about lobby rats, I always find terrible parties/MPAs in general in B20.

Yes. I remember I went to B20 for the Falz EM. Worst mistake I ever made. >_<

Shirai
Jan 4, 2013, 05:20 PM

B20 is terrible for all missions.

Vintasticvin
Jan 4, 2013, 05:25 PM

:o When was this and I met some okay folks in the lobby area and quest hubs. >_< Yeah I still mingle with the crowd and Falz Elder was pretty fun.

Ezodagrom
Jan 4, 2013, 05:51 PM
I play alot in block 20 and haven't really had much problems with the groups there. o_o
If anything, playing in the Falz EQ in a japanese block left me with a kinda bad first impression (like not being revived in the arms part even though I revived others alot), and the Elder fight took about just as long with around just as much broken arms as a random group in b20. o-o;

blace
Jan 4, 2013, 05:56 PM
In the Japanese blocks it's about efficiency. Normally they wait for two or three to be downed before reviving, making the most out of your moon atomizers.

The same can be said for their MPA's, they won't revive you unless another person is down or about to clear the area.

NoiseHERO
Jan 4, 2013, 06:36 PM
I always get revived instantly in JP blocks, if someone see's me. o_o

Ezodagrom
Jan 4, 2013, 06:36 PM
In the Japanese blocks it's about efficiency. Normally they wait for two or three to be downed before reviving, making the most out of your moon atomizers.

The same can be said for their MPA's, they won't revive you unless another person is down or about to clear the area.
I died very close to the end of the arms fight, when the fight ended, everyone just went to pick up the drops.
I waited for a bit (around 30 seconds or so) and returned to the camp ship, since nothing special dropped and I was doing the mission more for exp than drops... Well, I guess I was just unlucky with the group, or is picking drops first and reviving later something common?

blace
Jan 4, 2013, 06:40 PM
I died very close to the end of the arms fight, when the fight ended, everyone just went to pick up the drops.
I waited for a bit (around 30 seconds or so) and returned to the camp ship, since nothing special dropped and I was doing the mission more for exp than drops... Well, I guess I was just unlucky with the group, or is picking drops first and reviving later something common?

Probably just a bad group, I get revived mostly under those conditions and sometimes immediately.

Vintasticvin
Jan 4, 2013, 06:43 PM

I think it was the anti foreigners you wound up with sadly :( *Waits for Gama to rush in to the Japanese's defence* And Rock the reason you might get Insta revied is cause they either have respect for or you're a pretty bad ass member of the group :3

jooozek
Jan 4, 2013, 06:49 PM
I don't even look at the ground at falz, I just look at my the moon icon, if its hi-lighted, popping it and to be honest I can count on my fingers times when I wasn't revived instantly in any MPA.

Piddle
Jan 4, 2013, 06:51 PM
I've also had a similar experience once, and I was even in a full group of four when no one revived me and left for campship.

Anon_Fire
Jan 4, 2013, 08:01 PM
We might as well migrate to a new block.

Bunansa
Jan 4, 2013, 08:19 PM
We might as well migrate to a new block.

Or we could free up some space and just go to blocks that are planned accordingly to its title reference.

Resanoca
Jan 4, 2013, 08:23 PM
Or we could free up some space and just go to blocks that are planned accordingly to its title reference.They'd swarm and spam up the good blocks with their stupidity though. Do you really want that?

The Walrus
Jan 4, 2013, 08:27 PM
You guys really need to stop breaking the block :/

Yamishi
Jan 4, 2013, 08:31 PM
I managed to get onto Block 20, finally. Don't know if that means it's fixed, or if it's just random good luck.

Heat Haze
Jan 4, 2013, 08:46 PM
Had some B20 spillover on block 40, speaking English and everything. Also ignorant of how to fight Falz properly, where JP players had to rely on Google translate mid-fight. Yeeeeep..

Vintasticvin
Jan 4, 2013, 08:50 PM
I managed to get onto Block 20, finally. Don't know if that means it's fixed, or if it's just random good luck.

Me too I on B20 but had an uneasy feel that something wasnt roght so I high tailed it to 3&4 also creeping around 36&40 in hopes of seeing someone from here :)

Bunansa
Jan 4, 2013, 08:55 PM
They'd swarm and spam up the good blocks with their stupidity though. Do you really want that?

Well, if everyone on PSOW does agree to do a block change: I really hope the block you guys choose will be in the 45+ Blocks, because the other blocks managed for a specific title always gets filled up with unnecessary deployment from not just PSOW, but from other English-speaking communities that have found out the propaganda of the "English Ship and block" that should really be filled up for what the priority of the block's title is.

UnLucky
Jan 4, 2013, 09:24 PM

Moreso than most blocks, I've found. But it's not the sort of chatter you'd find interesting, engaging, or worthwhile.

blace
Jan 4, 2013, 09:27 PM
Moreso than most blocks, I've found. But it's not the sort of chatter you'd find interesting, engaging, or worthwhile.

I remember idling away in block 20 once, the chatter was about anime and ended with talk about sex and penis based SA's.

If I go to block 20 it's usually on the other side of the lobby where Hans stands around. Much quieter than where Koffee stands.

NoiseHERO
Jan 4, 2013, 09:42 PM

half and half,

Seems everyones extremely socially awkward.

But JP players at least talk in parties. (half the time even when they don't even know what I'm saying.)

English players I find won't even greet each other half the time. 8D

Xaeris
Jan 4, 2013, 09:48 PM
There's a difference between social awkwardness and just not wanting to talk with every stranger who thinks 1. chat is his personal blog.

NoiseHERO
Jan 4, 2013, 09:57 PM
There's a difference between social awkwardness and just not wanting to talk with every stranger who thinks 1. chat is his personal blog.

And with strangers there's also something called common courtesy like for something as simple as GREETING someone that's playing a videogame with you.

ESPECIALLY after someones greeted you.

Yeah I think I'm allowed to call that an act of SOCIAL AWKWARDNESS.

The lobby, though, yeah who cares. But I've already stated that the lobby isn't exactly why I think B20 is terrible. (everyone in it is boring anyway.)

Xaeris
Jan 4, 2013, 10:13 PM
Sure, those people are rude. But unless everyone (or most people, seeing as 'everyone' was likely hyperbole) on B20 has failed to return your greeting with equal courtesy, you're calling a fair amount of people whose only offense was not wanting to speak with you socially awkward.

Meji
Jan 4, 2013, 11:05 PM
I love how sometimes in other lobbies, you can catch a glimpses of Japanese players mentioning B-20 every now and then. Stuff like "That block is gone for, wwww" etc.

Aquayoshi
Jan 4, 2013, 11:17 PM
I actually stick around English-speaking blocks and players (i.e. B20) because I'm afraid I'll embarrass myself in front of Japanese players.

I totally feel like a fish out of water when everyone's chatting in Japanese and I have no idea what they're saying. I feel like they could be making fun of me for being a "baka gaijin wwwwwww" and I wouldn't even know it. I realize I sound incredibly insecure for saying this, but around people from other countries, I'm more embarrassed than proud to be an American sometimes. :-( It doesn't help that the game is their turf, so I feel like I'm intruding...

Vintasticvin
Jan 4, 2013, 11:32 PM
I actually stick around English-speaking blocks and players (i.e. B20) because I'm afraid I'll embarrass myself in front of Japanese players.

I totally feel like a fish out of water when everyone's chatting in Japanese and I have no idea what they're saying. I feel like they could be making fun of me for being a "baka gaijin wwwwwww" and I wouldn't even know it. I realize I sound incredibly insecure for saying this, but around people from other countries, I'm more embarrassed than proud to be an American sometimes. :-( It doesn't help that the game is their turf, so I feel like I'm intruding...

Long as you dont speak publicly and keep all chstting in privater yer good also keep all SAs out of the lobby as well

Seravi Edalborez
Jan 4, 2013, 11:36 PM

As someone who doesn't really know a lick of useful Japanese (just katakana so I can read names of stuff)... don't worry about it. They're never gonna press you up against the wall and say "yo why you being a dumb gaijin w". I pretty much only ever talk to my (English speaking) team occasionally and just hitchhike "solo" in multiparties. Rarely need to strike up small talk.

Basically: silence isn't going to hurt you.

Aquayoshi
Jan 4, 2013, 11:48 PM
As someone who doesn't really know a lick of useful Japanese (just katakana so I can read names of stuff)... don't worry about it. They're never gonna press you up against the wall and say "yo why you being a dumb gaijin w". I pretty much only ever talk to my (English speaking) team occasionally and just hitchhike "solo" in multiparties. Rarely need to strike up small talk.

Basically: silence isn't going to hurt you.

Same here as far as Japanese knowledge. To me, it's more fun if I can talk to my party members, but silence is golden, I guess, and JP MPAs are generally better. I guess it's just kind of out of my comfort zone.

I must sound really really lame, haha... ^^;

Ezodagrom
Jan 5, 2013, 12:00 AM
I guess it's just kind of out of my comfort zone.
Pretty much the same reason I usually stick to block 20. ^^;

Miwako
Jan 5, 2013, 12:03 AM
Same here as far as Japanese knowledge. To me, it's more fun if I can talk to my party members, but silence is golden, I guess, and JP MPAs are generally better. I guess it's just kind of out of my comfort zone.

I must sound really really lame, haha... ^^;

Don't worry so much. Your probably not the only one that ends up feeling that way. Just the only one with the guts to admit it... Hell even i feel uncomfortable around people talking and I haven't a clue what they could be saying. In a lot of the EQs especially Falz I wonder off to 9-13 and end up with a lot of people that are japanese players and it's a grand mix of the both (which is a bit more comforting) so knowing this I made shortcuts (basic things) Good Evening, Good Morning, Thank you, Grats and help and so on... both in japanese and english. I went through a personal friend that knows japanese but common phrases aren't hard to find on the stickies.

UnLucky
Jan 5, 2013, 12:03 AM
all ya need is hello, thank you, and ラグね <pos>

NoiseHERO
Jan 5, 2013, 12:13 AM
Sure, those people are rude. But unless everyone (or most people, seeing as 'everyone' was likely hyperbole) on B20 has failed to return your greeting with equal courtesy, you're calling a fair amount of people whose only offense was not wanting to speak with you socially awkward.

Over all I'm not sure who you're trying to make excuses for here.. I'm talking about a majority of B20ers being socially awkward or rude or whatever you want to describe it, which I'm pretty sure a lot of people can easily agree on, since it doesn't have it's rep for no reason. Regardless of people who can't think for themselves that just mimic the opinion of "B20 IS TERRIBLE."

And my main assumption, lets just get to the point there... is that YOU ignore people you find obnoxious when playing on B20. Which is even more ironic because it further proves the general thought that yeah B20 is terrible, hell I do it too. I'm actually talking about situations where YEAH a normal person WOULD respond to something you say to them, most likely a greeting and nothing more.(as one example at least)

So as jerky as I'm saying this, any further and we're just arguing with complaints on two separate situations. Just contradicting each other halfassedly so that neither of us is technically wrong. When it wasn't the case to begin with.

edit: As for the fear of embarrassment, Japanese players don't care, I've probably made like 20 JP players on my buddy list talking in all chat. (Or hitting on lolis)

blace
Jan 5, 2013, 12:37 AM
I'm always silent in MPAs, unless someone talks to me directly. Most Japanese I've met try some basic english or enough of it just so I don't feel left out during the large scale raids in desert. Not everyone of them may talk to you, but they're courteous enough to acknowledge your presence in the group. Just don't run on ahead or run off from the main group, follow their lead and they'll wait for you and who knows, make a few friends. Or do what Rock does.

Ezodagrom
Jan 5, 2013, 01:13 AM
When it comes to the lobby, other than the occasional idiots, B20 is not as bad as some people make it seem to be.

When it comes to parties and people not greeting, it's very rare for me to join other players parties, I tend to make my own parties and either lock them or set them to friends only, so I can't really say anything about the not greeting thing.

Xaeris
Jan 5, 2013, 01:28 AM
You're comfortable making a conclusion about an entire population and ascribing a pretty serious character flaw to it based on a few samples? You shouldn't be. Given the way chat and symbol art works, it only takes a handful of people to make a block seem like a wretched hive of scum and villainy when, in fact, there are dozens of people in the block minding their own business and not saying a word. It's not at all fair to say "it has that rep for a reason." There's a whole litany of things wrong with that kind of reasoning, all validated by history, but I'll just settle for pointing out that a reputation isn't necessarily created by the whole village.

As for your main assumption, it breaks down right out of the gate seeing as anyone who knows me can tell you that the amount of time I spend on B20 is roughly equal to how long it takes me to transfer off when the game dumps me there on login (not because of scum and villainy, but I just prefer my own company) so you're not saying anything about me with this socially awkward business.

But for the sake of argument, let's say I do play on B20. It doesn't assist your point at all that I ignore obnoxious people on B20. Your point is that most people on B20 contribute to its poor reputation. Me ignoring obnoxious people on B20 doesn't tell you exactly how many people I'm ignoring. Could be anywhere between 2 and the entire block.

See, I'm not making excuses for anyone. It's just that, you're using some extremely suspect reasoning to ascribe a pretty critical character flaw to a large group of people. As I'm a minority in real life, you can understand why this would sit poorly with me, I'm sure.

I'll tell you why we're in disagreement right now, Eastwood. First, you're calling a pretty large amount of people socially awkward. That, in of itself, would not be so terrible had been able to substantiate it. But your criteria was that they don't talk in parties. Seeing as that's laughably weak cause to call anyone socially awkward, I felt it worthwhile to push. When I challenged you, you clarified and said you were calling them socially awkward because they wouldn't return a greeting. Now, let's just put aside the fact that even that's not really socially awkward and remember that you were calling most (dialed down from 'everyone') B20ers socially awkward and, by extension, accusing most B20ers of this behavior.

You're saying that most people on B20 won't return a simple 'hi' when you join their games. Here's our point of contention: I don't believe you. And this isn't a 'I don't think that's the case, but I respect the experience that you're reporting' kind of disbelief. This is a straight up, 'that's preposterous and you must think I'm stupid if you think I'd believe that' kind of disbelief.

TL;DR version, because you strike me as the type that mocks people who put effort into articulating their thoughts: you said something you'd be very hard pressed to prove.

UnLucky
Jan 5, 2013, 01:57 AM
wow ok there buddy

1. "Everyone" was referring to both the people who fear standing out around foreigners AND the 20ers who shouldn't have an excuse. "Every" as in both groups, not every individual.

2. Active parties of which you are a participant. Not the lobby, which can easily go to all hell with just one person. Would you care to share your reasons for avoiding the big two oh for running quests?

3. If you make a point to ignore or avoid an entire group and take notice of these "few outliers" within it, then that is proof enough that the entire group has been soured and worth ignoring.

4. "I've found the foreigners to be quite friendly and responsive, despite the commonly shared fears of embarrassing silence, and actually noticed a disturbing trend among those who one would expect to more easily reciprocate my advances." WOW YOU RACIST SCUMBAG HOW DARE YOU MAKE SUCH BASELESS ASSUMPTIONS OF MY PEOPLE??

Xaeris
Jan 5, 2013, 02:09 AM
1. Really. So is that why, later, he walked it back to, "I'm talking about a majority of B20ers being socially awkward..." which clearly indicates he's talking about individuals?

2. I already said why; "I prefer my own company." As in, I like to solo. I do this in blocks apart from 20 to spare my frame rate the grief of a crowded lobby.

3. No. Like, no, seriously, does anyone really need me to expound on this one? Please, speak up and I'll tear it down properly, but if not, I think a simple 'no' works fine here.

4. No one said anything even remotely like this, and I find your lack of reading comprehension....disturbing, if that's what you gathered.

Jyasupa
Jan 5, 2013, 02:43 AM
Xaerischan I dunno why you're getting heated up over Rock's calling people socially awkward, and I think you're very confused.

If you went up to someone and asked them how they were and they ignored you, shiet gets awkward.

I don't see the point in your responses unless you're trying to troll??? Please get at least five pages of drama if you are XD

NoiseHERO
Jan 5, 2013, 02:46 AM
TL;DR version, because you strike me as the type that mocks people who put effort into articulating their thoughts: you said something you'd be very hard pressed to prove.

Since you've technically asked for it since you did put effort into articulating your thoughts on to this intense internet forum bout that is just being made unnecessarily bigger which I'm mocking with this long sentence. I'll just summarize, not just for the stupid socially awkward thing, but my opinion of B20 in general:

If I play an MPA in the JP blocks, I'll NEVER EVER see most of the things I have to put up with playing in block 20. That alone is enough for why I say "they have their rep for a reason." Whether it's a LOT that ruin block 20 or ENOUGH. which to me ENOUGH to ruin something is a LOT. Or "EVERYONEEEE"

As for your TL;DR: whatever I said that you made complicated, that I'd be "hard pressed to prove" I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be hard pressed to prove, because I wouldn't bother, and I wouldn't need to prove it to a lot of people. As far as I know at least.

Xaeris
Jan 5, 2013, 03:20 AM
If you recognize that's it's not necessarily all B20ers, or even a majority of them that's responsible for your perception of B20, then my work here is pretty much complete.

...But just for lolz. It's odd that you find investing effort into conversation mockworthy, Eastwood. It's generally considered acceptable to politely confront a statement you find questionable with your own opinion on the matter, given an appropriate venue. In fact, it's so acceptable, it's the basis for a staple of social interaction we call 'disagreement.' Perhaps you should consider if you're not socially awkward yourself?

NoiseHERO
Jan 5, 2013, 03:33 AM
If you recognize that's it's not necessarily all B20ers, or even a majority of them that's responsible for your perception of B20, then my work here is pretty much complete.

...But just for lolz. It's odd that you find investing effort into conversation mockworthy, Eastwood. It's generally considered acceptable to politely confront a statement you find questionable with your own opinion on the matter, given an appropriate venue. In fact, it's so acceptable, it's the basis for a staple of social interaction we call 'disagreement.' Perhaps you should consider if you're not socially awkward yourself?

No, I already know I'm socially awkward in my own way.

But I do know my preferred time, place, topic, mood, and the tone you use for when I want to... put it bluntly: contradict someone. for the sake of conversation, argument or disagreement.

And the way I see it, you kind of took my "hyperbole" a little too literally for the base of your "disagreement" which already puts me in a cruel "what are you ACTUALLY defending and why?" questioning position.

Xaeris
Jan 5, 2013, 03:49 AM
I'm surprised Eastwood. I was sure this was going to be the part of the thread where you reveal you weren't serious the entire time and that people are silly for taking you of all people seriously and that PSOW is too serious. It's not too late to claim troll status and make a graceful retreat you know. You should. It's classic Rock Eastwood.

Kuronen
Jan 5, 2013, 03:55 AM
Come in to read thread to figure out what's going on. See argument. Sigh and remember PSO:BB and PSU days.

Happy times.

Xaeris
Jan 5, 2013, 04:02 AM
There's no incarnation of Phantasy Star where the forums didn't have people having disagreements. Well, maybe the Genesis ones, but I'd chalk that up to AOL not being a thing yet.

Kuronen
Jan 5, 2013, 04:03 AM
There's no incarnation of Phantasy Star where the forums didn't have people having disagreements. Well, maybe the Genesis ones, but I'd chalk that up to AOL not being a thing yet.

Do not put those three letters together in your writing, such a sinful act!

But no, I actually cracked a smile reading all the conversation. It reminded me of old times (honestly, no sarcasm intended) and that's not a bad thing tbh.

NoiseHERO
Jan 5, 2013, 04:43 AM
I'm surprised Eastwood. I was sure this was going to be the part of the thread where you reveal you weren't serious the entire time and that people are silly for taking you of all people seriously and that PSOW is too serious. It's not too late to claim troll status and make a graceful retreat you know. You should. It's classic Rock Eastwood.

Is that how how you see my "arguments" or my sense of humor? No wonder we're having this "discussion."

I see we've passed the predictable "wheres your proof" part and reached the "personal" insults part now. Maybe I'm not the one that should "give in" But I'm sure this arguments already over by now. So we're just at the "who got the last hit" phase by now.

Ezodagrom
Jan 5, 2013, 08:50 AM
Saying that "everyone" or the "majority" of b20 are socially awkward based on a few situations where people didn't reply to your greetings is just like saying that the majority of japanese players don't want westerners in their servers, or someone new to the forums who visited PSOW a few times having a bad experience saying that the majority of PSOW users are rude.

Judging the majority of people in a certain place based on a few bad situations is no good. ^^;

Also, I don't see how a person that doesn't reply to a greeting is socially awkward, there could be a reason for not replying, like being afk, not paying attention to the chat, not knowing english, a newbie who still doen't know how the chat feature works and replied in the wrong chat, could be someone who plays with a controller and doesn't have a keyboard nearby, or it's just a rude person.

SupraMedical68
Jan 6, 2013, 11:21 AM

I feel you bro, I'm not even that good at PSO2 as it is. I don't want to embarrass myself and poorly represent for the English speaking community by playing with the JP players. It's nothing against them, but the language barrier is too much.

Also someone there could call me a "chocolate demon" or something and I wouldn't even know what's going on.

I also don't get all this drama about B20. Yeah, it gets spam and the general tomfoolery, but beyond that it's not that serious. It's actually more civil (from what I've seen) than Ship 1 was on PSO or the 4th floor of PSU. The Dream Cast and GameCube had some of the most immature players I've ever. Not to mention, everyone wanted to be Clould, Sephiroth, or Vash the Stampede.