PDA

View Full Version : Available items. Few questions

Writhes
Jan 4, 2013, 09:59 AM
Alright, so I have heard two conflicting explanations about what this is and although I have an idea I feel a bit unsure.

Something I have seen floating around is that available items refer to the last two items looted from the missions.

Another thing I have heard is that every hour available items are randomly chosen and given a higher drop rate.

The second explanation seems a lot more reasonable than the first considering the fact that items are often items that are not even available to the selected missions. For example snow banther items could never be the last item to drop in sub.tunnels yet these types of items often show up as available items in these missions.

Something I find myself wondering is that if the available items are random items with higher drops rates then how high exactly are these drop rates? Is there any point in actually farming specific 10* items without them being the available item?

IndigoNovember
Jan 5, 2013, 02:29 AM
For example snow banther items could never be the last item to drop in sub.tunnels yet these types of items often show up as available items in these missions.

Parallel Areas is the answer you're looking for. Since any rare boss can spawn in one, you can get things like Snow Banther units (drop from rare Snow Banther/Banshee) in Subterranean Tunnels.

As for the other two questions, the items shown in the quest record is a reflection of all of last week's findings. As for whether or not drop rates are boosted on a randomly selected item, I highly doubt that.