PDA

View Full Version : Not the best specs.

oG Epik
Jan 4, 2013, 08:59 PM
So im gonna be playing PSO2 on a laptop with a good graphics card but not the best cpu am i gonna run into alot of problems? or might just not be the best quality of a game?

SociableTyrannosaur
Jan 4, 2013, 09:08 PM
what sorts of specs are we talking about? the game is meant to e able to run on a 5 or 6 year old machine, so I dont see it as being an issue if you have a newer laptop with a good GPU

Aeris
Jan 4, 2013, 09:08 PM
Post your laptop specs here and people will tell how well it will run on it.

oG Epik
Jan 4, 2013, 10:02 PM
4gbs of ram 2gb video card and AMD e300 apu with radeon HD graphics (2 cpus) 1.3ghz

SociableTyrannosaur
Jan 4, 2013, 10:05 PM
so it's using the graphics processor on the apu then?

oG Epik
Jan 4, 2013, 10:16 PM
I believe so lol i just started looking into cpu etc so thats why i asked

Syklo
Jan 4, 2013, 10:26 PM
If you already have it installed and ready to go, just try it and see how it goes for yourself.

if it starts to get too hot / laggy, lower the graphic settings or change the shader type (from launcher)
There's a guide on how to do that on bumped.org

Dan Maku
Jan 4, 2013, 10:44 PM
If it's a recently-built laptop, you should be able to manage PSO2 just fine. My laptop is a fairly basic cheapo-depot model I got almost a year ago, yet it runs PSO2 better than it can run Minecraft. :3

Ezodagrom
Jan 4, 2013, 11:12 PM
4gbs of ram 2gb video card and AMD e300 apu with radeon HD graphics (2 cpus) 1.3ghz
Actually the graphics are not that good either, most likely it's a Radeon HD6310, which is the graphics that are integrated in the AMD E300 processor.
Both the processor and graphics are made for netbooks or budget/low-end laptops, at best it'll play PSO2 at minimum settings.

Seany1990
Jan 4, 2013, 11:50 PM
CPU is very rarely the cause of a computer being unable to run a video game. However, without a dedicated card it will struggle. I would say that it's still worth downloading, installing and patching to find out.

domokun1134
Jan 5, 2013, 10:56 AM
My i5 with Intel HD 3000 integrated GPU runs PSO2 fairly well at graphics level 2. Granted it runs hot as hell (100C) but with a laptop cooler it should be okay.

PhantasmalCat
Jan 5, 2013, 03:37 PM
My laptop runs Pso2 on virtually the lowest possible graphics as possible, with similiar specs as yours. I have a AMD e-300 cpu with Radeon HD 6310M graphics. Granted I have about 1.5 GB of ram, I can run the game well, but there seems to be a frame skip every 3 seconds, and that's while sitting in the lobby.

CJ Johnny
Jan 5, 2013, 04:28 PM
Let's put this in a simple from.

When or if you have Lag or Frame Drop from YouTube.
(view at 720 or 480)
You should or will have problems to run games.
Not just PSO2.
Unless the games are 1 of those Flash Games for killing time, or Ad's.

You can run a CPU that is not as fast or High Spec.
(Remember not to do Video Capture or Live Stream)

Video or Graphics side, set as game default 1st.
When you experience frame drop or lag.
Reduce to lower setting.

Not sure they still have the Benchmark for PSO2.
If you can get it, run it.
Score 2k+ or little less you should not have any problem running it.
That is with a clean Laptop or PC.

Good luck.

Ezodagrom
Jan 5, 2013, 04:36 PM
My laptop runs Pso2 on virtually the lowest possible graphics as possible, with similiar specs as yours. I have a AMD e-300 cpu with Radeon HD 6310M graphics. Granted I have about 1.5 GB of ram, I can run the game well, but there seems to be a frame skip every 3 seconds, and that's while sitting in the lobby.
Pretty much what I thought it would be capable of, his is also AMD E-300 and HD6310M graphics. ^^;

Syklo
Jan 5, 2013, 08:35 PM
My i5 with Intel HD 3000 integrated GPU runs PSO2 fairly well at graphics level 2. Granted it runs hot as hell (100C) but with a laptop cooler it should be okay.
Mother of god....

and I'm worried getting anywhere near 80°C...
is this Core or GPU temp?

Aeris
Jan 6, 2013, 04:48 AM
Probably ment his core since the integrated gpu in the the processor itself but yeah this game puts a load on the gpu when playing, whould be wise to clean out the heatsink fan exhaust vent free of dust since it does get clogged there after a while.

Sarthraa
Jan 6, 2013, 01:41 PM
Hey, if it helps, I use my Toshiba Satellite with a 2.2GHz Dual-Core Intel B960 processor with Intel HD Graphics and 4 GB of RAM. I run PSO2 on Simple shaders but with textures and all in-game options maxed and I still get 100 FPS on the campship and anywhere from 45 - 75 FPS in dungeons. 45 FPS when the screen is filled with enemies and players but 75 FPS while exploring.

Also note, 1366x768 resolution. Runs like a champ. Not quite sure about CPU temp, though, since I have it set to VGA out and I use my Xbox 360 controller to play. :P

Syklo
Jan 6, 2013, 07:23 PM
Hey, if it helps, I use my Toshiba Satellite with a 2.2GHz Dual-Core Intel B960 processor with Intel HD Graphics and 4 GB of RAM. I run PSO2 on Simple shaders but with textures and all in-game options maxed and I still get 100 FPS on the campship and anywhere from 45 - 75 FPS in dungeons. 45 FPS when the screen is filled with enemies and players but 75 FPS while exploring.

Also note, 1366x768 resolution. Runs like a champ. Not quite sure about CPU temp, though, since I have it set to VGA out and I use my Xbox 360 controller to play. :P
Hey i use the exact same resolution! :O

IIRC, you can't set any "visual artifacts" with simple shaders in-game...

But yeah, simple shaders + high res textures still makes this game enjoyable enough.

Aeris
Jan 6, 2013, 08:01 PM
Best have your fps capped at 30 or 60 unless you have a gpu powerful enough and monitor that can do 120hz, its a waste unless you have both and puts more work on your gpu at higher frames.

Syklo
Jan 6, 2013, 08:48 PM
Best have your fps capped at 30 or 60 unless you have a gpu powerful enough and monitor that can do 120hz, its a waste unless you have both and puts more work on your gpu at higher frames.

Playing in virtual fullscreen prevents me from going higher than 30 FPS :|
But regular fullscreen lets me reach 60.

There were very few instances where VFS mode (not in pso2 but other games) resulted in a 60fps cap rather than 30, but I have no idea how.