PDA

View Full Version : Offline Mode for PSO2?

NicorTheDuke
Jan 4, 2013, 09:25 PM
Dont mean to waste space on the forums,but I was curious and wanted to know if there would be an offline mode for us player who dont have a constant source of internet.I know is Phantasy Star "Online" but i thought since previous PS games had an offline mode this game might.

ashley50
Jan 4, 2013, 09:33 PM
Nope.

Well, maybe the Vita version will have it.

yunamon
Jan 4, 2013, 09:38 PM
Nope.

Well, maybe the Vita version will have it.

Nope. Sega has been explicitly said Vita will need 3G to run, or WiFi as recommended by them.

scarecrow36
Jan 4, 2013, 09:40 PM
Nope. Sega has been explicitly said Vita will need 3G to run, or WiFi as recommended by them.

there will be a offline char creator...

May0
Jan 4, 2013, 10:58 PM
PSO is all about the multiplayer though. The only reason I played offline back in the DC/GCN days were because I had no internet at all. Interesting note, PSO is the only game I've ever fell asleep playing.

UnLucky
Jan 5, 2013, 12:07 AM
yeah, outside of the char creator (separate install), everything requires a constant connection

just one blip and all quest progress is lost, suck it

ChibiBecca
Jan 5, 2013, 12:42 AM
Speaking as someone with a randomly bad connection, it can drive you crazy. :/ i do miss the offline made we had back in PSO.

Courina
Jan 5, 2013, 06:58 AM
there's story mode for ya single player lover... but you still has to be online thought...

and no, so far seems only PSO2 Android seems goin have offline mode...

Gama
Jan 5, 2013, 09:18 AM
well

http://developer.android.com/tools/help/emulator.html

you can try this

with the offline android version i guess?

SupraMedical68
Jan 6, 2013, 10:39 AM
That really sucks about the Vita version. I was really hoping that it would have an offline mode of some sort. Even it was just a separate character like PSU's offline.

H-Hanzo
Jan 7, 2013, 05:12 PM
so if I buy the Special Package ( and I want that special package), I will not have the possibility of play with my game wherever I go even if I have no network?? that's lame

Seany1990
Jan 7, 2013, 05:14 PM
so if I buy the Special Package, I will not have the possibility of play with my game wherever I go even if I have no network?? that's lame hmmm

There aren't many MMOs that have an offline mode. All the big hitters don't anyway.

H-Hanzo
Jan 7, 2013, 05:29 PM
but this is pso2 on vita not PC, phantasy star offline has always existed on consoles
well, I got nothing complaining, depends on the creator's anyway

Laxedrane
Jan 7, 2013, 05:37 PM
That really sucks about the Vita version. I was really hoping that it would have an offline mode of some sort. Even it was just a separate character like PSU's offline.

The game completely free. Why play offline unless you don't have an online connection? Which you would need anyways to download the client.. I guess you could get a flash drive and download it on a friend or family member's pc but Internet is so standard these days it's almost like not having cable.