PDA

View Full Version : The new DB saber

Ifrian-x
Jan 5, 2013, 08:23 AM
Let us use this thread to nominate the DB saberīs successor as the most useless rare in the history of videogaming when it comes to the PSO2 rare weaponry!

Post your candidates and explain why folks!

gigawuts
Jan 5, 2013, 08:33 AM
braolet

spardaion

talis legacy

Mysterious-G
Jan 5, 2013, 08:34 AM
If you think DB Sabers were bad, you clearly weren't Pinkal.

consume
Jan 5, 2013, 08:37 AM
braolet

spardaion

talis legacy

daylight scar

ridultiv

strike broom

gigawuts
Jan 5, 2013, 08:46 AM
lambda kuscha nebula

basically any item from hard mode drops like candy in VH, and it gets pretty tiresome to see a redbox near an enemy that drops a 10* you want only to see it has the wrong icon

it's even worse if it's the right icon, and winds up being a trash rare anyway

those poor demonic fork hunters...

Rien
Jan 5, 2013, 10:01 AM
Spiritia.

BIG OLAF
Jan 5, 2013, 10:01 AM
Vraolet. Anyone who has been playing since the very beginning knows why.

The Walrus
Jan 5, 2013, 10:07 AM
Friggin Vraolets

Gama
Jan 5, 2013, 10:14 AM
Vraolets...

StoopidRyoko
Jan 5, 2013, 10:37 AM
Definitely Vraolets

Ifrian-x
Jan 5, 2013, 11:33 AM
So far seems like Vraolets will take the badge as the new DB saber xD

TDoun LMekko
Jan 5, 2013, 11:41 AM
I'll nominate Adaman Rod. If only because it's the only thing Dark Falz has dropped for me and I've stopped caring about him dropping me rares due to it... Hell, I was Fo/Te when it started and only had Te at level 25ish and already had a better wand! Sold off 4 of those stupid things at this point >_<

gigawuts
Jan 5, 2013, 11:44 AM
Seems like everything everyone hates is a rare from a lower difficulty. Mace of Adaman is from normal falz, lol.

BIG OLAF
Jan 5, 2013, 11:46 AM
Seems like everything everyone hates is a rare from a lower difficulty. Mace of Adaman is from normal falz, lol.

In case anyone's not getting it, Gigababe is saying that ITEMS FROM FUCKING NORMAL (and Hard) DIFFICULTY SHOULDN'T EVEN DROP ON VERY HARD.

Eman2417
Jan 5, 2013, 11:47 AM
Seeing as how vraolets actually provide something useful I'm gonna disagree.
I would say talis legacy or mace of adaman.

EvilMag
Jan 5, 2013, 02:38 PM
But..but...but AXEON!

jooozek
Jan 5, 2013, 02:41 PM
But..but...but AXEON!

Saw today a team named Axion. True story.

Kirine
Jan 5, 2013, 02:47 PM
What is DB Saber?

Vraolet has a use.

I lost count of how many riduvults I found doing Ruins MPA... which is the only MPA that's really grinded too often.

Alenoir
Jan 5, 2013, 04:00 PM
Vraolet before they had a use. I probably pulled about 10 or so of them when I first started my PSO2 life.

ChibiBecca
Jan 5, 2013, 05:03 PM
What is DB Saber?

http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=498&sortby=name
This thing. While I personally was always fond of its design, it did drop a lot.
The idea of this thread is "what is the new common rare that drops so much you're sick of seeing it, AND doubles as being fairly useless in combat AND is worthless".

And on that note : Yes. Vraolet.

Angelo
Jan 5, 2013, 06:35 PM
Vraolet is the new Virista.

Ce'Nedra
Jan 5, 2013, 07:02 PM
Vraolet's potent unlock is the best one in the game atm so on that front Vraolet isn't worth this title. That is the only reason why it shouldn't, but if we don't count it then yes Vraolet.

Xaeris
Jan 5, 2013, 07:15 PM
Vraolet has Fortunate Omen and has equipment requirements that can be met by everyone, so I wouldn't say that. I'd say Daylight Scar: worthless piece of garbage that inexplicably drops in Very Hard mode.

Macman
Jan 5, 2013, 09:26 PM
Vraolet. I call it DB's Varista.

And to people praising it's placebo drop boost potential, you have LAMBDA Vraolet which isn't quite as terrible, with the same potential!

Bellion
Jan 5, 2013, 09:29 PM

And to people praising it's placebo drop boost potential, you have LAMBDA Vraolet which isn't quite as terrible, with the same potential!

Not every class combination has the requirements to equip the Lambda version.

Z-0
Jan 5, 2013, 09:59 PM
Is it even proven that (Lambda) Vraolet increases the chances of rares dropping? Judging from the English description, it sounds like it just increases the chance of a rare weapon dropping boxed.

Which is kinda useful but not that useful and definitely not worth the meseta of grinding.

Coatl
Jan 5, 2013, 10:36 PM
Is it even proven that (Lambda) Vraolet increases the chances of rares dropping? Judging from the English description, it sounds like it just increases the chance of a rare weapon dropping boxed.

Which is kinda useful but not that useful and definitely not worth the meseta of grinding.

Iunno. Surely it is an expensive investment now, but it won't be replaced by something better every 2-3 months or so. Once you have it you'll be able to utilize its benefits forever.

Ce'Nedra
Jan 6, 2013, 06:27 AM

Lamba Vraolet Requirments: 514 R-ATK
Vraolet Requirments: 172 R-ATK

You tell me. Only if you sub or main RA or GU you will be able to equip said Lamba Vraolet. Unless of course you are having a pure 150 Dex Mag...then maybe you can equip it without using RA or GU.

Another example why Vraolet over Lamba is that Lamba comes with a set Burn III affix and I'm not sure if it can also have Shock or Freeze etc. Vraolet can. I use a Vraolet with Omen level 1, Shock 2 and Lucky Rise and it works like a charm for Dark Falz for example which is vurnable to shock.

Rien
Jan 6, 2013, 07:25 AM

You tell me. Only if you sub or main RA or GU you will be able to equip said Lamba Vraolet. Unless of course you are having a pure 150 Dex Mag...then maybe you can equip it without using RA or GU.

>requires R-attack
>150 dex mag

Am I missing something here?

Priest
Jan 6, 2013, 07:31 PM
>requires R-attack
>150 dex mag

Am I missing something here?

DEX was the stat for equipping guns in PSO, wouldn't ya know!

Macman
Jan 6, 2013, 11:40 PM
Fair enough. I have a bad habit of ignoring gunslash requirements since I main ranger. :-?

Kamal
Jan 7, 2013, 12:05 AM
Do they still have the monkey king bar that can be turned into the black king bar or the arigato swords?

Rien
Jan 7, 2013, 10:21 PM
Do they still have the monkey king bar that can be turned into the black king bar or the arigato swords?

It can't "turn" into anything else, but we do have the monkey king bar.

Black King Bar is in game data, but not released.

FacelessRed
Jan 7, 2013, 10:25 PM
If you think DB Sabers were bad, you clearly weren't Pinkal.

I was Pinkal... (melts)

Opy
Jan 8, 2013, 08:00 AM
DB Saber and Shield were actually a pretty good combo for lower lvls. I think most people were hyper leveling their characters too quickly past the point where the saber was useful.

+ some people liked the goal of collecting all of the different models.

Kamal
Jan 10, 2013, 07:24 PM
yes collecting rare weapons was one of my hobbies.

Ryudo
Jan 11, 2013, 07:35 AM

haha my group call it DB's Varista too

gigawuts
Jan 11, 2013, 07:40 AM
The thing is though, varistas were good on some classes. HUcast benefited tremendously from that racial bonus to paralyze special (especially when comboed with freeze traps, extending the freeze), low ata req, and decent stats. Find enough and you were bound to get one with hit, too (I never actually did get one with even 15 hit though).

Macman
Jan 11, 2013, 07:45 AM
Find enough and you were bound to get one with hit, too (I never actually did get one with even 15 hit though).
That's because rare weapons never started dropping with hit% until Very Hard, and Varista was mostly only found in Hard. If you wanted to abuse paralysis, you were probably better off with an S-Rank Handgun or Slicer/J-Cutter with Arrest put on it.

gigawuts
Jan 11, 2013, 07:48 AM
Really?

Ten year old game, still learning new things. Hah.

Z-0
Jan 11, 2013, 08:28 AM
Hit could definitely drop outside of VH, lol. I've found plenty of stuff with hit in Normal and Hard.

Macman
Jan 11, 2013, 09:05 AM
Were they rare weapons or just normal ones with specials that needed to be tekked? Granted, 90% of my playing time in PSO1 was in Ultimate, but I don't think I've ever encountered any hit% weapons on Hard.

Galax
Jan 11, 2013, 10:13 AM
^I had a 30% hit Crush Bullet. That was when it was untekked, so it ended up with 45 hit. I got it in hard caves on a certain server. Yes, you can get hit in hard mode on PSO1.