PDA

View Full Version : Item We've been Screwed on Twin Sabers

knight85
Jan 5, 2013, 08:55 AM
Am I the only one here who feels like we've been shafted when it comes to synthesising Twin Sabers?

you go from the twin brand synthesis board which gives you a semi decent weapon once its done. and then the next weapons up, the Twin Florescent Bulbs and Twin Harrisen Battle Fans require items that i've barely seen. the Neta Note, Inverter Circuit and the not yet seen Kubara Wood.

if things keep the way they are i'll wind up having to use elemental variants of the Twin Brand until i can get the death dancer board

Lumpen Thingy
Jan 5, 2013, 09:55 AM
6 years too late dude

Seany1990
Jan 5, 2013, 11:50 AM
Episode 1 or extra mode?

knight85
Jan 5, 2013, 12:05 PM
i'm aware it's 6 years too late, but i just got this game again for christmas.

and it's for episode one in offline.

my general plan is just to wait until the next chapter and redo the 'what's in the ruins quest' as a hunter, trying it as a force is too risky with the hp and defence drop at the minute. and if i dont get the kubara wood i'll just reset and try again since i already have 2 svaltus edges.

it wouldnt even be an issue for me if i'd known that i couldnt leave the rafton relics once i was in area B2. i'd just have gotten the kubara wood then and just used my ar max codes to replicate it to my dark little hearts desire. live and learn i guess.

it just pisses me off that they stuck us with a weapon that requires such rare materials for the mid level twin sabers and the starter synthesis sabers

Noblewine
Jan 5, 2013, 05:07 PM
Episode 1 or extra mode?

He probably means ep1.

The problem with story mode is the stuff that is available until you complete a chapter. Until you get further your stuck synthesizing neutral weapons until the middle of the game. =/

Midori Oku
Jan 5, 2013, 05:31 PM
They are actually not rare. Just keep looking, and you will find them sooner or later. Just keep in mind there are rarer items than those in the offline, and I don't want to start on how rare stuff was in the online.

Welcome (late as it may be) to the grind, or what's left of it.

knight85
Jan 6, 2013, 07:03 AM
lol thankfully i was able to get one piece of kubara wood by redoing 'what's in the ruins' all i need to do now is get another inverter circuit from the train rescue mission next chapter and then get an S rank on the first mission in chapter 6 and i can get my second piece of kubara wood and start replicating it for all the goodies i seek

probably the only reason i got back into this game was cause i watched some guys do nothing but screw it up on youtube and decided to spring £20 to get a new copy of the game and guide.

Noblewine
Jan 6, 2013, 09:13 PM
Congrats on finding kubara wood. Stuff will get a little easier to find once you unlock the other missions by progressing through story mode.

I hope you enjoy the game since the story/extra mode is the only thing that available. PSP and PSP2 are decent games but one lacks a network mode and the other one has some issues.

knight85
Jan 7, 2013, 06:58 PM
thanks noble.

however as i progress i'm seeing the very same problem that made me sell this game the last time round. doing the side missions over and over again trying to get items and the good skills from my party members (i want hyuga's twin saber skill and leo's sword and spear skills) gets so tedious after a while.

however i've discovered a solution that i hadnt the last time. play the game while i'm reading on my pc, that way i have something to do in between.

now if i could just get my hands on a PAL ar max code for stopping the timer on missions i'd be golden

Noblewine
Jan 7, 2013, 11:55 PM
Np enjoy the game.