PDA

View Full Version : Striking or Ability mag

Adronicus
Jan 5, 2013, 05:31 PM
For starters I am a hunter and I was just wondering what's the huge difference between a striking and a abilty mag and what are the pros and cons of having either a striking or ability mag?

Sparzyle
Jan 5, 2013, 05:41 PM
I choosed the ability/striking because I didn't liked the big arm with tiny head mag :L

Does that count?

Lumpen Thingy
Jan 5, 2013, 05:51 PM
well dex blows so go striking

Adronicus
Jan 5, 2013, 06:10 PM
Is that the only reason why you didn't like striking Third Twin? And lumpen why does dex suck?

Z-0
Jan 5, 2013, 06:15 PM
All Dex/Ability does is increase your minimum damage. It's not very significant and the only use really is to be able to equip items which require DEX (mainly the wings or Falz units). It's best avoiding it and going straight into power.

I put 30 DEX on my HU mag and wish I didn't, lol.

Gama
Jan 5, 2013, 06:18 PM
75 dex and 75 t atk on mine.

cant complain.

Fleuret
Jan 5, 2013, 06:23 PM
Should go with striking imo. Add a little dex while at it so you can use some of the all class weapons when using a weak main/strong sub class. The mag's look doesn't really matter if you're planning on using a mag device on it in the future.
[spoiler-box]http://puu.sh/1K3ma.png[/spoiler-box]

Adronicus
Jan 5, 2013, 06:26 PM
Oh ok thanks for clearing that up Z-0, but I was also just wondering with like the mags special ability with invincibility and like giving pp. Does these things occur often or just every know and then?
And why can't you complain Gama?

Adronicus
Jan 5, 2013, 06:35 PM
Should go with striking imo. Add a little dex while at it so you can use some of the all class weapons when using a weak main/strong sub class. The mag's look doesn't really matter is you're planning on using a mag device on it in the future.
[spoiler-box]http://puu.sh/1K3ma.png[/spoiler-box]

Sorry, I'm still new to the whole mag thing so what is a mag device?

Gama
Jan 5, 2013, 06:38 PM
well i think most mags give invincibility "for a brief time" when the pb is ready.

pp restoration occurs in one of the "force" photon blasts.

Fleuret
Jan 5, 2013, 06:39 PM
Sorry, I'm still new to the whole mag thing so what is a mag device?

Ah sorry meant Mag Evolve Device to make it more clear. They change the look of your mag.

Adronicus
Jan 5, 2013, 06:44 PM
Oh that then yea I know what the mag device is and I'm probably not gonna use it Fleuret.
Ahh ok Gama, if they do as you say then it doesn't really matter really what kind of striking mag I get then

Seravi Edalborez
Jan 5, 2013, 07:23 PM
http://cirnopedia.frostsabre.com/

Go to Others > Mag Devices, scroll down to the section with Support Device / (whatever). These are possible Trigger Actions for Mags. Some are exclusive to specific evolutions but most can be relatively easily obtained.

The level 0 mag has 3 trigger slots. When it evolves for the first time at 30 and 100 it will gain another slot, filled by whatever trigger that evolution has (IE, HP Restore J for Lyra the lv30 striking mag). Triggers can be overwritten but the ones that exclusive to evolution can never be obtained again. Each trigger has an (invisible) cooldown before they can be used again, so don't always count on one to activate when needed.

As an aside I would not recommend evolving a mag specifically for its Photon Blast as you can get devices to change that regardless of the mag's form. Tailor your mag's stats to what stats you need to equip certain units or weapons, then dump the rest into your desired attack stat (Striking Range or Tech).

SociableTyrannosaur
Jan 5, 2013, 07:48 PM
well i think most mags give invincibility "for a brief time" when the pb is ready.

pp restoration occurs in one of the "force" photon blasts.

Force mags get a periodic PP restore as well.

Adronicus
Jan 5, 2013, 08:48 PM
Oh ok I will just do as you say and lvl up the things that I will most need