PDA

View Full Version : Bot's attempting to hack? or collect info?

ArcaneTechs
Jan 5, 2013, 08:36 PM
Now I know you guys see these bots all the times, either sitting at the Visiphone selling stuff, teleporting to the Quest Counter and then teleporting into the Quest
(and no I'm not lagging either, it happens all the time, especially when a bot just logged in) but do you guys get invited to parties with bots? I've gotten several invites from "eGGhyexvTT47Rhda" and "ignasEE7d24DDccbs" for example in which I always decline the invites and black list them. Is this like a way to get our IP and do whatever else they can get just by you joining them or even establishing a connection with you from the invite? Like in the past people saying they had they're accounts stolen (SoJ issued a password change like a month ago or so) but no leak of info was coming from SoJ.

Are any of you guys getting invited by bots? If so do they say anything? Do anything?

I'm more or less talking about Ship 2 but if your on other Ships please feel free to let us know. I know I can be in an all Very Hard block and I'll see bots doing normal field missions or hard because they know people dont usually run those in this those types of blocks

Vintasticvin
Jan 5, 2013, 08:41 PM
Y'know I too was scratching my noggin thinking whats the deal with them long jumble of letters doing as well... So far to me they seem inactive and not doing much and you did good by not accepting their group invite. Oh dear just when I get back in the game a "Profound Darkness" looms over the JP servers again >_<

FacelessRed
Jan 5, 2013, 08:43 PM
I haven't seen any bots for a long time on Ship 01 nor have I gotten any joining or invitin gme to parties. Hmmm.

Seany1990
Jan 5, 2013, 08:47 PM
I don't think it's possible to obtain an IP address from anything in game.

ArcaneTechs
Jan 5, 2013, 08:52 PM

well in game tools idk but i mean if its anything like a console game, (cant remember the name of the program) if that program is running you can get peoples IP's from game like idk halo or call of duty for example in matching making where once people are waiting for the match to start some could be collecting IP's. which I figure the same scenario for PSO2 where you can do it in the lobby or just by being in someones party or something

Shirai
Jan 5, 2013, 08:54 PM
I'm not exactly sure why the bots invite, but it's not wise to even join a party with them (even if its an MPA). There's a chance one could get banned for it, sega has already banned many for just being in the same MPA.

Syklo
Jan 5, 2013, 08:57 PM
I got invited by a bot named HH. After inspecting it's gear and stats (and ID), it seemed "legit" so i accepted.

Absolutely no activity for 5 minutes. I was like.......sht, why did i accept it.

That was 2 weeks before xmas, and I still have my account...
sooo I think all's good?

Bellion
Jan 5, 2013, 09:01 PM
If I had to guess, they send invites and occasionally type a random letter in public chat just to make SEGA think they are legitimate(lol.)

ArcaneTechs
Jan 5, 2013, 09:02 PM
I got invited by a bot named HH. After inspecting it's gear and stats (and ID), it seemed "legit" so i accepted.

Absolutely no activity for 5 minutes. I was like.......sht, why did i accept it.

That was 2 weeks before xmas, and I still have my account...
sooo I think all's good?

wouldnt be surprised if he was trying to do something to you while you didnt know. background wise but you should be good, if i remember correctly, SoJ said as long as you leave the mission immediately and report the person, you'll be fine, anyone caught staying in the quest field with them (like idk for an hour? I'm usually passing through sometimes and i see one instant killing but nothings happened to me so far) for a good while will be banned

ArcaneTechs
Jan 5, 2013, 09:03 PM
If I had to guess, they send invites and occasionally type a random letter in public chat just to make SEGA think they are legitimate(lol.)

not a bad cover up but they still stick out when pick up everything in the lobby as well

Syklo
Jan 5, 2013, 09:07 PM
wouldnt be surprised if he was trying to do something to you while you didnt know. background wise but you should be good, if i remember correctly, SoJ said as long as you leave the mission immediately and report the person, you'll be fine, anyone caught staying in the quest field with them (like idk for an hour? I'm usually passing through sometimes and i see one instant killing but nothings happened to me so far) for a good while will be banned
Didn't report him (didn't know how), didn't leave immediately (5 minutes), and there was no mission active.

Ever since then though, I have not seen a single bot in any MPA. Probably because they password their own instances now.

bardiche
Jan 5, 2013, 09:09 PM
Are those 'eGGhyexvTT47Rhda' sort of names really bots though ?
I initially thought it was some sort of name encryption option as security because after being gone for more than a month, I logged in November to find my character's name changed to something a lot like that. I then just fiddled with my character name display options to get it back to normal.

Syklo
Jan 5, 2013, 09:22 PM
I then just fiddled with my character name display options to get it back to normal.

Maybe what you saw was your player ID or team name rather than your character's name.

bardiche
Jan 5, 2013, 09:30 PM
Neither of those look like a long jumble of random letters and numbers though, and I still remember that I always set it to 'character name+health bar' before my long hiatus. Too bad it slipped my mind to take a screenshot of it first.

Either way if it sounds too far-fetched, just think of me as crazy or something, lol.

Saffran
Jan 5, 2013, 09:38 PM
Yeah, they have names that are impossible to remember, use the base characters and move around teleporting to the counters and to the exits as they only do free fields in password protected rooms. No way in hell they could be farming bots.

Considering Sega banned 78000 in one single month, I'm guess they have a script, but damn do we see an awful lot of these lately.

Anon_Fire
Jan 5, 2013, 10:54 PM
Many of them are involved in "Real-money Trading" or "RMT".

Inazuma
Jan 6, 2013, 03:26 AM
Those bots are everywhere. There are like 30 of them on every block. They have invited me to join their party a few times as well. I decline and blacklist them too.

SupraMedical68
Jan 6, 2013, 10:33 AM

Is that really so prevalent in this game?

I'm still new, but I can't really see much use for Meseta in this game. Especially considering you can't even buy or trade 10* or above.

Angelo
Jan 6, 2013, 05:58 PM
I dont understand why the bots have such ridiculous character names.

It's not like names are limited in this game.

gigawuts
Jan 6, 2013, 07:12 PM
Is that really so prevalent in this game?

I'm still new, but I can't really see much use for Meseta in this game. Especially considering you can't even buy or trade 10* or above.

Dark wings, grinders, affixing fodder, all that is way more to grind for than the 10* itself.

Syklo
Jan 6, 2013, 07:17 PM
For the first time, i saw a character with a russian/greek name.

O_O

Seany1990
Jan 6, 2013, 07:41 PM
I dont understand why the bots have such ridiculous character names.

It's not like names are limited in this game.
They probably just have a script that generates passable data for the account creation form

SupraMedical68
Jan 6, 2013, 09:33 PM
They probably just have a script that generates passable data for the account creation form

I think they personally should use Sword Art Online names, such as Kirito or Heathcliff. That way they'd fit in with everyone else on Block 20.

Syklo
Jan 6, 2013, 10:01 PM
I think they personally should use Sword Art Online names, such as Kirito or Heathcliff. That way they'd fit in with everyone else on Block 20.
|<IR|TŘ

yep, too many variants for that.

Terrax
Jan 6, 2013, 11:03 PM
these 'bots' were always in the top 20 of -opened rare container- with a ridiculous amount of numbers on ship 10

edit:

ah- and they invited me too but in 0.0001 secons after i logged into the game lol

NoiseHERO
Jan 6, 2013, 11:05 PM

2nd best post this week.

Saffran
Jan 7, 2013, 06:28 AM
Almost 189k accounts banned in december, and they're still infesting every pore of the servers.
This is starting to be really silly. I wonder how long Sega will play nice.

NoiseHERO
Jan 7, 2013, 06:36 AM
Usually in US games bots sort of just go away after month if nothings working ou-

Oh wait I've been playing unsuccessful US games.

Also not sure how bad botting gets in eastern countries.

But I don't really care, if anything I think this game DESERVES bots.

ArcaneTechs
Jan 8, 2013, 01:09 AM
For the first time, i saw a character with a russian/greek name.

O_O

I've seen a few guys with these kinds of names around, they dont act like bots though

Meji
Jan 8, 2013, 03:56 AM
This basically sums it all up.

They're people using cheats to easily kill everything, grab all the money, and sell it for real-life money. Since this is strictly against the ToS (in pretty much any game out there), SEGA's letting their ban-hammer go berserk.

Syklo
Jan 8, 2013, 04:02 AM
This basically sums it all up.

They're people using cheats to easily kill everything, grab all the money, and sell it for real-life money. Since this is strictly against the ToS (in pretty much any game out there), SEGA's letting their ban-hammer go berserk.
"Woops my hand slipped."

Mystil
Jan 8, 2013, 01:50 PM

Our accounts still safe though..

Jakosifer
Jan 8, 2013, 02:20 PM
I always accept bot invites and tell them that I LOVE how they scuttle around at lightspeed like a cockroach, it brings me many hours of holiday esque cheer. Then leave the party because bots are awkward to try to converse with.

Usually in US games bots sort of just go away after month if nothings working ou-

Oh wait I've been playing unsuccessful US games.

Also not sure how bad botting gets in eastern countries.

But I don't really care, if anything I think this game DESERVES bots.

A bot advocate! BAN THIS MOTHERFUCKER >0