PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Events

terrell707
Jan 6, 2013, 10:34 PM
So its already been revealed that Sega is planning an event for PSO2 around Valentine's day so I was wondering what you guys expect from events in this game. I never really did events in PSO so idk how those were handled, but I do know that in PSU events went from being a few different missions, to just one mission that was spammable for a few weeks. To this day, I still think that Firebreak, 1up Cup, and the Thunder Festival were the best events that PSU had because they gave us something different from beating up enemies and getting to the end, and they were also challenging. So I guess my question is, what do you expect from events in PSO2? Do you want one mission that is maybe an MPA? Or do you want it in the form of an Emergency Mission that pops up rather often? What do you want?

Z-0
Jan 6, 2013, 10:40 PM
I want something that doesn't involve waiting around for it to pop up because there's not much reason to play anything else. (lol the recent Falz event)

I also want something that isn't MPA.

Just a good mission would be fine. >_>

NoiseHERO
Jan 6, 2013, 10:40 PM
They are?

This being the JP version you'd think we would've had 2 major events by now..

When the actual game starts to get dull... Events that come around with 500% drop rates and 500% exp and something new to do in general that ALSO brung everyone together, were always what woke everyone back up. If this is going to be a MAJOR event and it'll be anything like PSU's (I know PSO had them but I'm not sure how great they were.) Then valentines day can't come sooner.

terrell707
Jan 6, 2013, 10:44 PM
They are?

This being the JP version you'd think we would've had 2 major events by now..

When the actual game starts to get dull... Events that come around with 500% drop rates and 500% exp and something new to do in general that ALSO brung everyone together, were always what woke everyone back up. If this is going to be a MAJOR event and it'll be anything like PSU's (I know PSO had them but I'm not sure how great they were.) Then valentines day can't come sooner.

The Future of PSO2

The next series of updates for Winter will start in late January, titled “Courageous Leader.” Like always, this update is split up into parts and will be delivered through February. The first half of the update will feature class level 55, and a Valentines Day Event. In February, they will introduce “Advanced Quests” for end game content. This system update should help make it easier to obtain some of those rare items you’ve been clamoring for.
Once the PlayStation Vita version comes out, in late February through March, expect to see a new boss, new story quests, and more things coming to the Premium Set.
In April, yet another new field is coming, and you can unlock an even higher class level.
In May, another kind of highly difficult quest is coming. (Ultimate mode?)
In June, we’ll have a 1 year anniversary event.
In addition to these updates, they will continue to update the scratch, improve existing features, and fix bugs like they always do. In the summer, they will introduce yet another new system update, and provide measures to improve the game for starting players.

I'm actually surprised they haven't had a major event also. I mean unless you count Dark Falz and the Merry Christmas holiday event.

Seany1990
Jan 6, 2013, 10:46 PM
I didnt really like Firebreak, that photon phaser device was a mechanic that I certainly don't miss. The 1up cup was awesome though. I would definitely like to see more of that.

NoiseHERO
Jan 6, 2013, 10:51 PM
I loooved firebreak, but that being during PSUs prime helped so there was a lot of factors into why I found it fun...

When the ice equivalent of firebreak FINALLY came out, there clearly wasn't much hype.

I'd say PSU died after the first mag though. Everyone started getting a bunch of gamebreaking errors mid way into the event, when the playerbase was already small and afterwards the 2nd MAG wasn't nearly as fun then there was giant content/event drought.

As for PSO2 I hope event means what this thread is discussing... and what was already mentioned, not like our "falz event" or a promotion. Otherwise that's one more thing this game downgraded from that past games had/did better...

Noc Codez
Jan 7, 2013, 12:06 AM
If they do it like PSU.. It will be a special mission that were all gonna spam the hell of..lol

BIG OLAF
Jan 7, 2013, 12:09 AM
Yeah, I'm hoping it's like PSU with a few special missions that you can run, each different in their own ways. I'm looking forward to 'event' missions, since they usually incorporate unique mixes of enemies and obstacles/challenges.

Noc Codez
Jan 7, 2013, 12:19 AM
Looking forward to it blue.. I know you are lol :)