PDA

View Full Version : Strong thoughts on coming back

Egner
Jan 7, 2013, 07:26 AM
Well, I've mostly been patiently waiting for an english client to come out for quite a while and am well aware it's been doubted and has very unsure thoughts due to lack of updates on any english version. It was announced however and that singular announcement is convincing enough to have me wait I suppose. But even with that I'm extremely interested in just hopping on now to the JP version because PSO is a one of my all-time favorite games and well...Too much time away hurts =P, so I'm very interested in trying it out again. I got to about level 20 many months back so I only have a few questions.

Besides little patch updates, what major things have been released since day 1? i.e. Bosses, level cap increase, new photon arts, how many new weapons, new areas etc....

(I know this isn't to be strongly discussed so a quick slipped answer would be appreciated) How much does the english patch for english players cover? My strong concern is translating weapons, PA's, and character text so I can possibly follow the storyline and what people are saying. I guess the easier might be though, what doesn't the patch translate? Thanks for any answers on that!

How strong is the population on the game and how is the english community?

Is the game showing signs of falling apart or becoming to glitchy, hacked, or buggy?

And finally, is it worth my effort to redownload the game, reapply the patch, and pour plenty of hours into fun? :D

Thanks for any related answers/post! ^.^

blace
Jan 7, 2013, 07:37 AM
Well for new content, subclasses were introduced so you can use another classes abilities, ie. Hunter with Force techs; level cap is now 50, soon to be 55; Very Hard mode as well as a whole area for Very Hard, Parallel world; tons of new PAs and techs, but only a few of the new PAs are useful; 10* weapons are available, but can't be traded; new classes unlockable at 30, Fighter, Gunner and Techer/Techtor; Ruins is a new area; Dark Falz being the most notable new boss as it is a 12 player MPA. As for reinstalling, assuming you're using the old installer, you're looking at about 12-14GB worth of updates.

There are other things I'm missing, but it's currently really late for me and with the lack of sleep comes lack of thought.

Edit: the homepage also covers a lot of what's coming and what has already been released, so take a look there.

Zeota
Jan 7, 2013, 07:41 AM
If you feel that strongly, it couldn't hurt to reinstall then mess around with a few things and go from there.

Vintasticvin
Jan 7, 2013, 07:57 AM
Yes OP..... Do it, reinstall it we're on ship 2 waiting for you. On a side note everyone isnt clumprd at B20 we've fanned out these days.

Grifs Astoni
Jan 7, 2013, 08:01 AM
Do you have a team or a company of friends? It can get boring again if you play it on lone wolf mode, just saying. You must dig through the dirty pits of Block 20.

Redboigoi
Jan 7, 2013, 10:21 AM
I just came back last week. Best thing I ever did.

Noc Codez
Jan 7, 2013, 10:43 AM
Egner you should come back played a lot of MMOs since the fall of PSU and nothing out there compares to PS titles.. Just wish I joined earlier when my friends did maybe they'll still be around :(

Vintasticvin
Jan 7, 2013, 10:46 AM
I just came back last week. Best thing I ever did.

Same here I got back last week and most fun ever so hard to put down even though Im lonewolfing it til I can get into the higher levels so I can party out with the forum :3 kinda wishing I started out as ranger instead of hunter.... Fighting falz as a baby isnt the best idea but you get a level or two per phase.

Seany1990
Jan 7, 2013, 11:36 AM
I was also waiting for the NA release as we are getting closer and closer. Although it's looking increasingly unlikely that an early 2013 release is happening.

Midori Oku
Jan 7, 2013, 11:37 AM
Looks I will be seeing another familiar face running around. :)

Egner
Jan 7, 2013, 06:38 PM
Haha, very possibly Midori! And yes Noc, I feel the urge =P

I mean, I played it at release and I'm too lazy to learn the symbols so I kinda just guess checked everything. I think I will give it a go but I'm also going to see if I can pull a few friends with me so I can have a group to hang with, after PSU finally dying out of my system the urge only grows more as it does with everything that sits around waiting for attention. But if the game really has grown as promising as it sounds I'll probably get started this week ^.^, probably download tonight, tomorrow, or wenesday when I get started on my 10 page paper =/...

One more thing actually, are we allowed to purchase arks cash with bank debit cards now? Or is it still region related? Thanks!