PDA

View Full Version : Co-OP Possible?

xBladeM6x
Jan 7, 2013, 08:31 PM
Even though the game is no longer running online, do you think it'd be hard / possible to make a mod for the game that you could just manually connect to a friend's IP? (Kinda like how Minecraft works when connecting to a server)

I know this is probably one of those questions that would raise eyebrows in it's absurdity, but yeah. Doesn't stop my curiosity. Lol

Seany1990
Jan 7, 2013, 08:41 PM
Even though the game is no longer running online, do you think it'd be hard / possible to make a mod for the game that you could just manually connect to a friend's IP? (Kinda like how Minecraft works when connecting to a server)

I know this is probably one of those questions that would raise eyebrows in it's absurdity, but yeah. Doesn't stop my curiosity. Lol

Nobody is currently working on Peer to Peer. There was a private server in development but was scrapped before it was finished.

xBladeM6x
Jan 7, 2013, 09:14 PM
Nobody is currently working on Peer to Peer. There was a private server in development but was scrapped before it was finished.

I actually played on the private server when it was in testing. I wonder if it was scrapped, or if it's just under the table until it's ready.

Noblewine
Jan 7, 2013, 11:53 PM
Yeah the person who was working on it wasn't able to make any progress. I'm disappointed too since it wouldn't been nice to be able to play online again.

GrandYith
Jan 16, 2013, 06:58 AM
I've read somewhere that everybody who tried to make a private server for PSU gave up cos there was odd data on the encryption. They just couldn't handle it. Or maybe that was an excuse, cos PSU is not so dearly as PSO (funny thing, PSU, on the story mode, seems to feel much better online than PSO). I thought about co-op too and a friend suggested GameRanger, but both of us didn't knew we could only open a room for a game supported by the program. I made a thread on the forums there a few days ago, but nobody answered D: Indeed, it'd be nice if there was a way to make this work on co-op :/

Noblewine
Jan 16, 2013, 11:18 PM
I've read somewhere that everybody who tried to make a private server for PSU gave up cos there was odd data on the encryption. They just couldn't handle it. Or maybe that was an excuse, cos PSU is not so dearly as PSO (funny thing, PSU, on the story mode, seems to feel much better online than PSO). I thought about co-op too and a friend suggested GameRanger, but both of us didn't knew we could only open a room for a game supported by the program. I made a thread on the forums there a few days ago, but nobody answered D: Indeed, it'd be nice if there was a way to make this work on co-op :/

I don't know the real reason why its impossible to fix the problems with psu but alot of people have tried. The reason why people were turned off by PSU was how watered down and simplistic the mechanics were. I liked it and didn't mind how time consuming the gameplay was when it came down to leveling pa's. Agreed I love to be able to play online again and give Roar of Flames and other event maps another chance but its possible if someone can acutally figure the how the coding and whatnot works.

GrandYith
Jan 17, 2013, 05:47 AM
I don't know the real reason why its impossible to fix the problems with psu but alot of people have tried. The reason why people were turned off by PSO was how watered down and simplistic the mechanics were. I liked it and didn't mind how time consuming the gameplay was when it came down to leveling pa's. Agreed I love to be able to play online again and give Roar of Flames and other event maps another chance but its possible if someone can acutally figure the how the coding and whatnot works.

Indeed D: Trouble is, if people tried before and couldn't succeed, now with PSO2, I guess they won't try again so soon. But Everytime I play PSU, I still hope that some kind GUARDIAN will make that happen online xD

JCGamer
Jan 17, 2013, 07:13 AM
peer to peer can be possible with the right info and knowledge but in this case no not on a console but in some way portable emulator can be a possibility. so far I been conducting a investigation on the subject on Nintendo NDS emulator running a wi fi software program that can connecting NDS games with other player with there computer. but so far I been seeming encounter a lot failure with the software while trying to use with Phantasy Star Zero. so far me and my friend fail to connect but the thing is that the software we used is still an early stage. ^^ there many possibility but they all end up with failure depending what your doing with it :)

Noblewine
Jan 17, 2013, 01:21 PM
Indeed D: Trouble is, if people tried before and couldn't succeed, now with PSO2, I guess they won't try again so soon. But Everytime I play PSU, I still hope that some kind GUARDIAN will make that happen online xD

I'm sure someone will but the game is hard to figure out since Segac coded it. I wish the online mode was playable again too. :/

peer to peer can be possible with the right info and knowledge but in this case no not on a console but in some way portable emulator can be a possibility. so far I been conducting a investigation on the subject on Nintendo NDS emulator running a wi fi software program that can connecting NDS games with other player with there computer. but so far I been seeming encounter a lot failure with the software while trying to use with Phantasy Star Zero. so far me and my friend fail to connect but the thing is that the software we used is still an early stage. ^^ there many possibility but they all end up with failure depending what your doing with it :)

I didn't know that was even possible. O.o

GrandYith
Jan 17, 2013, 01:28 PM

Guess I've heard about that... I guess some guys on a Pokémon forum I access does something like this, guess they call it Hamachi. Don't remember in which emulator they do, maybe VBA. And well, Desmume have wi-fi support, is it possible to connect PSZ through it? I've never tried since it's slow here and I frankly rather the console than the emulator D: I guess it'd be cool to play Mario Party DS using peer to peer, since it has no online support xD

Seany1990
Jan 17, 2013, 01:31 PM
Hamachi is a VPN application that tricks networks into thinking they are on a LAN. If anything would work to support P2P PSU then that would be how you would do it.

JCGamer
Jan 18, 2013, 03:19 AM
Guess I've heard about that... I guess some guys on a Pokémon forum I access does something like this, guess they call it Hamachi. Don't remember in which emulator they do, maybe VBA. And well, Desmume have wi-fi support, is it possible to connect PSZ through it? I've never tried since it's slow here and I frankly rather the console than the emulator D: I guess it'd be cool to play Mario Party DS using peer to peer, since it has no online support xDHamachi is not best choose for peer to peer if you truly trust the person conducting a pc with another person that bit highly risky so I say is not recommended. for the DeSmuME few Gamers been using the software called wincap for Pokemon games but that also a complicated software and cause many problem with the error 50002 Connection and can cause problem if you don't how to run or set it the right way or if you don't know what to do with it as well. but the problem is connection with DeSmuME can have lot of lag and not meant be used on router type. :-) but also peer to peer can be cause problem if not handed carefully

JCGamer
Jan 18, 2013, 03:23 AM
Hamachi is a VPN application that tricks networks into thinking they are on a LAN. If anything would work to support P2P PSU then that would be how you would do it.well there 85% of psp emulators can run Phantasy star portable 2 but not 100% stable and most these psp emulator require a lot processioning and GPU in general but there not 100% functional with the peer to peer atm. Emulator can be unpredictable at time XD but that also depending on the programer with there route coding :)

Noblewine
Jan 19, 2013, 10:58 PM
I never heard of any of these programs. However, if it is possible I love to see an online version of psu again.