PDA

View Full Version : What do you want from PSO2 to make it a better game.

FacelessRed
Jan 8, 2013, 04:39 AM
I hope this thread isn't done already, I gave it a quick search and didn't find anything (But I have terrible luck with forum searches)

I was just thinking about how the random nature of PSO2 is fairly fun, but they don't take it quite far enough. PSO is set in a futuristic environment mixed in with medieval and modern mechanics. But as far as I'm concerned we don't have enough of this randomness.

I was thinking the next cool thing would be on rail shooter emergencies. Using the gun turret's to do On-rails shooting missions. E.G. using a fighter campship or something to defeat space-fairing darkers or clearing the city with a fly over mission of some kind. Mostly because it seems unrealstic that a bunch of guys in skin tight suits are the only force that can defeat these enemies. Gun and spaceship battles surely happen!

With on-rails being discussed, what happened to de rol le ? I wouldn't mind doing a few boss fights on a moving raft, or a dropping elevator.

UnLucky
Jan 8, 2013, 04:54 AM
"Randomness" as in variety, huh? Yeah I can agree with that. Would break up the monotony of the mindless slog of general gameplay much better than bosses whose entire design is "lmao gl hunters." Game really does need some cool segments that are fun and good.

But take out some randomness in other areas. Especially gear grinding. Why not allow players to use up 50 grinders per shot for a better (non linear) increase to upgrade? Or what if I have 30 weapons with the same Soul on it, let me eat them all at once for a guarantee that it'll stick instead of forcing me to sit through a triple 30% chance five times in a row that might happen the first time or never at all. Plus the silly "same number of slots" requirement. Oh cool, this weapon has four or five abilities on it- *vendor trash*

gigawuts
Jan 8, 2013, 04:55 AM
Elder Falz is actually very reminiscent of de rol le. I love raft-style boss fights.

FacelessRed
Jan 8, 2013, 04:59 AM
"Randomness" as in variety, huh? Yeah I can agree with that. Would break up the monotony of the mindless slog of general gameplay much better than bosses whose entire design is "lmao gl hunters." Game really does need some cool segments that are fun and good.

But take out some randomness in other areas. Especially gear grinding. Why not allow players to use up 50 grinders per shot for a better (non linear) increase to upgrade? Or what if I have 30 weapons with the same Soul on it, let me eat them all at once for a guarantee that it'll stick instead of forcing me to sit through a triple 30% chance five times in a row that might happen the first time or never at all. Plus the silly "same number of slots" requirement. Oh cool, this weapon has four or five abilities on it- *vendor trash*

Yes, I absolutely agree. and have suggested such. I don't see why failing needs to be a staple design of "money control" Just make success more expensive. New gear will come along anyway and replace the old stuff. But yeah Randomness in game-play. And indeed "good luck hunters" is pretty much what the game suggests. Over-end. More like "Never get the important hit off without getting your face mulched using a horribly long attack animation".

Elder Falz is actually very reminiscent of de rol le. I love raft-style boss fights.

I can see where you are getting that from, but it's not really enough for me. The background is also static for the most part.

Lumpen Thingy
Jan 8, 2013, 05:51 AM
make everything grind wise cost 1 grinder,make affixing things cheaper,and make it to were you can actually earn 10 stars with a certain amount of enemy kills

Darki
Jan 8, 2013, 05:58 AM
I think that this game has too much character customization (not that I don't enjoy it) but lacks something that PSU had, which is mission variety.

The way this game handles missions, with the Emerency Code system, makes all missions for a certain area pretty much the same with little to no variation. If you run the free exploration mission for a given area, you'll be able to get everything in terms of codes and enemies than any of the Arks quests, leaving these to strategic and particular occasions like farming an uncommon enemy in the free field that has a sure spawn in any of these (Gilnas for example, or minibosses). With the addition of the new parallel worlds, Arks quests got a bit of a facewash and at least serves other purpose than running them twice and occasional run for a Client Order, but still, it's not that much of a difference. Then you have Time Attacks, which are entertainingto those who like, but to people like me who don't really care about that stuff, served no purpose till TACOs were implemented.

It feels like SEGA notices this, hence the implementation of parallel worlds as single party area missions and very rewarding COs for TAs, but still is pretty much the same. If you're looking for a parallel world you won't really play to do the Arks quest, and if you're doing TACOs most people don't really care about the "time attack" and just go for the rank and money. In the end, the thing is that we have only 7 areas. In PSU, having 7 areas would mean that we'd have at least between 14 and 21 missions, all of them somewhat different but equal in importance, with none in particular standing out as the "free field" mission, even if there were spotlights at a time like White Beast. But in PSO2, having 7 areas means that we have 7 missions, some of them already forgotten (like Tundra or Caves).

I think part of the problem is that free missions follow the same level-scalling as any other, making all these missions but the "last" one to become obsolete unless you're farming a particular item. If they were equal in level scalling, granting a somewhat similar exp per hour but having different enemies and drops, people would spread a bit more and enjoy other areas without feeling that they're wasting their time. It's already too late and would take too many changes to do this on the current difficulties, but I think that the very last difficulty this game may reach should have them equal. Another thing would be, which I assume they will do but just wanna emphasyze it, to ad way more areas and planets. C´mon SEGA, in the logo there are at least 7 planets, that whould make for a minimun of 14 areas... and that'd be already lame. <_<

Onto other unrelated issues, I wish elemental weaknesses were a bit more spead. After the first darker-themed boss being weak to fire and getting our first massive-ass "final" boss weak to lightning, I think this game should finally embrace the Metroid-ness and make some floating-energy-sucking darker bastards weak to ice. Ice needs more love. It's funny how wind and dark also have a similar situation being restricted to "half-an area" but are much more used than ice.

Also, make a line of common (from 1* to 6* rank) class free weapons for all weapon categories please... It really sucks that you can't have any real hybrid gameplay and have to restore to have your subclass as a skilltree wh*re until you get some impossible drops. As a Force/Hunter, I wasn't happy at all needing to get to level 48/50 to be able to use decent free class hunter weapons. It kinda killed my motivation for a whole month till I decided to get my ass to work (and playing as HU/FO having the "FO" part just for nurse chores was no fun). Expansing on this idea, they could give these weapons attributes aimed for hybridation, like making melee and ranged weapons with a decent amount of TATK, and giving some tech weapons a good special limit break related to other classes. A rod that boosted Guard Stance's effect would be reeeally sexy, for example. Or (lol) damage dealtto weak spots, for the lulzness of techs + Weak Bullet OP-ness.

NoiseHERO
Jan 8, 2013, 06:07 AM
EVERYTHING

EVERYTHING EVERYTHING

EVERYTHING EVERYTHING EVERYTHING!!!

ScarredBushido
Jan 8, 2013, 06:12 AM
i haven't gone far enough in it to complain...but open world would be hella fun

Darki
Jan 8, 2013, 06:15 AM

Problem comes when there are "worlds". xD

Maybe not open open worlds, but free missions could use some more square killometres... like a lot and maybe the option to jump from one to another area on a single planet (like, you go so far north in Forest that get to Tundra, then Ruins). Then give us vehicles (real ones, not the crap from PSU that was instance-based) and we'll be happy gamers.

Ryuvos
Jan 8, 2013, 06:21 AM
yeah probably everything...

More Class, More Zones, More items, More weapons, More bosses....

Sega releases end game contents that are easily completed within about 1 or 2 weeks every about 2 months. Dark falz was fun and exciting at the first week, yet it becomes repetitive and easy to defeat in about 1 or 2 weeks when everyone now knows what to do.

The end game content in this game is either to compete in TA time attacks, or just grind your way up into getting rare weapons (damn RNG), and luck and money in affixing and grinding to get best gear.

What i really want in this game, is a new system/mode or somethin as an end game content (not just releasing new zones and bosses, release some new modes, maybe PvP). If they still insist in releasing new zones and bosses, they should probably release it every month at least so that people would not need to repeat and get bored on grinding on the same zone.

Oh and i want more unique quests instead of just running around in Free field @_@

Oh and probably a mini scale open world (huge free fields with more than 12 players with unique landmarks or places like villages or somethin like that. also randomly generated)

Heat Haze
Jan 8, 2013, 06:51 AM
I'd say everything, but that'd be pessimistic. So instead.. I'll say this.

Everything that isn't character customization (kinda) and Time Attack (somewhat).

They get full marks on that, for sure. Very good character customization, and all that. But... well, that's all there really is. I can understand why though, it's hard to get people to pay in an F2P environment without having it Pay To Win, and usually the answer to that is cosmetics. Unfortunately, there's too much emphasis on it. Unless you're a male. Males get no outfits whatsoever. What the heck is a male newman anyway, aren't they extinct?

Time Attack is fun and all, but some special maps specifically designed for solo play would be awesome too (instead of rehashing current TAs with time sensitive buttons; that's just lazy). Also, Amu TA. Fix it. Jesus, the Gwana sits underground forever and it comes down to luck at that point rather than skill; besides the obvious variance of infection level at the Vol Dragon boss.

As for my complaints.. well.

1. Typical MMO tactics to get people to play more, rather than improving the game itself so players want to play. You won't understand what I mean by this (probably), but if I mention "gambling habits" and "punishment instead of rewards" you'll likely see where I'm getting at. And if you're not seeing where I'm getting at: RNG, Lottery-esque stuff and Grinding. The RNG and Grinding needs no explaination, but the Lottery-esque bit I should expand on. Falz Boss fight, near impossible drops that get people to log in and do said emergency. Then the Photon Tree (Log in and do TP. Or else it dies. Not to mention the premise of Teams itself, getting you to associate with people so you don't want to leave.) Expanding on the whole associating with people bit, you're punished heavily trying to do things solo. I get that it's an MMO, but my gosh. Sometimes I just want to run solo, can't even do that much with paltry EXP payouts and cheapshots where I can't revive myself (unless AC, but come on now).

2. Clumsy All-Class Weapon System. I complained about this before; doesn't need much explanation.

3. Lack of End Game Content / Artificially Lengthening the Game. End Game Content would be nice. No, introducing rares with impossibly low chances to get us to play more with the vain hopes of getting said rare does not count.

NoiseHERO
Jan 8, 2013, 07:02 AM
I'd say everything, but that'd be pessimistic

OOOooOOOoo Mister higher moral ground!

I'VE SUFFERED!!

TOO MUCH!!

EVERYTHING EVERYTHING EVERYTHING

FacelessRed
Jan 8, 2013, 07:08 AM
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who has issues with the current game (Not that I hate it). But it really feels like a basis not the finished product.

Regarding open world, the game is already very segmented that would make it nearly impossible. But I think having a semi instance based Ship would be nice. And yes it already is instance based but I mean things like: Housing and guild rooms. Why can we not maybe visit them physically. and walk in and around a city and have peoples homes randomly available to be visited. the top 10 or 50 houses will be physically visitable, Each environment type (space-snow-forest-default) could have it's own area.

gardening would be nice, planting the furniture you find in a garden instance for each home and taking care of it and maybe it can generate a % bonus to your daily FUN points.

This would allow you to spend time in the game without just hunting. (Kind of like how the Chao Garden was the best part of sonic adventure 2 lol)

More weapons yes, pso ep 1&2 still feels like it's taking a poop on PSO2's weapon choices. I want more equivilant weaponry. and more ways of upgrading current weapons. (perhaps a way of taking an old weapon and upgrading it to a new tier so that you can carry over aesthetics and make them equivilant weapons)

Syklo
Jan 8, 2013, 07:11 AM
More mission or e-code varieties, perhaps a sonic-the-hedgehog-escape style Arks quest(s).
Perhaps an easier grind system
More "lobbies" or "safe zones"
and if there will be yet another remap in environment/navigation

Flight.

NoiseHERO
Jan 8, 2013, 07:14 AM
For a more serious post related to what you said on "more weapons" I think as it is we've have a good number of weapons for how old the game is...

it's just that, weapons have no use other than their attack value. So even if my favorite wiredlance is day light scar(which it is) there's no difference between using that or using a gudda skela with only a few points of attack difference other than their appearance.

And now even worse, we just get ugly weapons or 10* in general(assuming that you can even get one and grind it to be better than a 50% weapon) that just makes everything under it completely useless.

Weapons no longer have a specific use, like PSO vet gigawuts can tell you in more detail. Especially endgame where the only thing you really have left to do is min/max and deal with dudu.

Heat Haze
Jan 8, 2013, 07:15 AM
OOOooOOOoo Mister higher moral ground!

I'VE SUFFERED!!

TOO MUCH!!

EVERYTHING EVERYTHING EVERYTHING

Doo Doo broke another person. :-(

NoiseHERO
Jan 8, 2013, 07:18 AM
Doo Doo broke another person. :-(

/cries puddle into table

Requiem Aeternam
Jan 8, 2013, 07:20 AM
Some of the things I would like to see are:

- Recolor tickets to be purchasable with AC.
- The ability to equip your Subclass's weapon types.
- Some hairstyles exclusively for male characters. I don't use a male character but I think it would be nice to see them get their own hairstyles for a change.
- More AC outfits for male characters.

gigawuts
Jan 8, 2013, 07:20 AM
If it uses an RNG and doesn't have some kind of safety net for assured success, i.e. market, guaranteed success items, it needs one.

That means you, 10* drops and grinding. You can buy 1-9*'s, you can even buy 20% success rate boosters and fodders for affixing (expanding slots needs a safety net). But 10* drops and grinding has NOTHING for people who roll a thousand snake eyes.

Fix those, and the game has no problems at all - besides taste with level design which can be fixed with more time attack-esque game types.

edit: Also weapons that do something besides having 100 more atk and 5% more JA. Gimme a subpalette button and make my weapon DO something.

NoiseHERO
Jan 8, 2013, 07:21 AM
Some of the things I would like to see are Recolor tickets to be purchasable with AC, the ability to equip your Subclass's weapon types and some hairstyles exclusively for male characters. I don't use a male character but I think it would be nice to see them get their own hairstyles for a change.

Ones that don't look lame.

game needs more anime protagonist spikey heads and more afro variations.

Valkyrie Lovrina
Jan 8, 2013, 07:24 AM
Their is no "Weapon Choices" in this game. all of it is selected for you. what they NEED to do is use PSP2/I's Weapon Proficiency System. case in point, I absolutely loathe Knuckles. I wish I could take them off of Fighter for something else(Twin Sabers!). but the current awful system is like (to bad, deal with it hue hue hue). no thanks. having weapon types divided like this. even PSO1 you could use almost anything on any character(with certain weapons like Holy Ray, Valkyrie, I'm pretty sure there was a wand, and just about every Mechgun and Slicer). PSP2/I's system was perfect. why should I be forced to use Knuckles? this was never in ANY of the previous games. I don't even have a selection of weapons anymore? everything is chosen for me?.... :nono:

I'm just more into having a weapon palette unique to my character, not my class. I don't mind switching and raising more class's. its just the forcible switching weapon types thing. it may be both to late and to early because this game feels unfinished and lazy with battle content slowly dripping out.

FacelessRed
Jan 8, 2013, 07:29 AM
For a more serious post related to what you said on "more weapons" I think as it is we've have a good number of weapons for how old the game is...

it's just that, weapons have no use other than their attack value. So even if my favorite wiredlance is day light scar(which it is) there's no difference between using that or using a gudda skela with only a few points of attack difference other than their appearance.

And now even worse, we just get ugly weapons or 10* in general(assuming that you can even get one and grind it to be better than a 50% weapon) that just makes everything under it completely useless.

Weapons no longer have a specific use, like PSO vet gigawuts can tell you in more detail. Especially endgame where the only thing you really have left to do is min/max and deal with dudu.

Too true, that's mostly because of the change to how you attack and stuff. I used my Brionac to suck MP and (unfortunately I forget what he weapon was called) and then my 2 handed sword to vamp HP, I'd then switch to a much quicker weapon with higher attack to kill.

Requiem Aeternam
Jan 8, 2013, 07:31 AM
Ones that don't look lame.

game needs more anime protagonist spikey heads and more afro variations.

I totally agree with this.

Kirine
Jan 8, 2013, 07:40 AM
I demand they open a special auction house in which the game will randomly pick five to ten random 10☆ weapons to auction in a single day.

Then for 2 minutes per item, everyone will go to a certain npc and try to big higher for the 10☆ weapon of their choosing and the winner at the end will receive the item at their collection storage then the next 10☆ item will go up for auction until all the 10☆ items are sold.

Can't get the 10☆ weapon you want? Save up all the money and when it comes in a random auction, try and buy it!

This will serve as both a testament of a money sink in game (we really need this) that effectively draws money from the economy instead of shifting it to other players and allows others to obtain 10☆ weapons they would not get to successfully dropped (since 10☆ are not tradable, only a true arsee will continue to buy said weapon twice, unless they go for 50 element).

Another potential money sink is the concept of durability on items costing a lot of money to repair... the highest the base stat and star, the higher the cost of repair, eventually allowing poorer players to step into traditional weaker weapons (unless they want to be perpetually poor) and richer players to throw their money at in upkeep.

You'll be surprised at how effectively the money sink be... everyone will soon complain that there isn't enough meseta.

VorpalMech
Jan 8, 2013, 07:49 AM
1- Weapon Skin Customization - The ability to reskin weapons to others of its type
2 - Broad Selection of Costuming/Armor & Shields - I'm sure there will be a fair amount coming, but this is always a healthy way to excite the fan base.
3 - A Layered Approach to New Content - While adding new maps and areas is great, continue to add dynamic reasons to go back to older locations.

I'm sure there's a good chance all of this is being tossed about and probably already in the works, but I'm simply excited to see what the future holds. Character customization and mission variety is probably more important to keeping the numbers rolling in than anything else.

Meji
Jan 8, 2013, 07:53 AM
You'll be surprised at how effectively the money sink be... everyone will soon complain that there isn't enough meseta.Cost of affixing a Black Wings unit is still at 30'000 Meseta though. And if you have to give it 30 tries before you manage putting the stuff you want in it, well, that's ~1 million.
Wealthy players sitting on about 1 billion Meseta isn't the reason behind this game's economy being fubar; Doodoo is.
Why are 7* costumes (AC Items) suddenly up at 210k in Ship 2? Because people are recycling them to prevent huge money losses when affixing and grinding.
Why are affixed units so expensive? Because you'll need to buy 20 of the same soul before you succeed.

Having an auction system where only the wealthiest players can win by throwing their pockets empty won't solve a thing.

Rien
Jan 8, 2013, 08:04 AM
Buff Hunters, give hunters and fighters a movement speed increase, serious PA overhaul (seriously, right now even if we have a lot of photon arts for every weapon there's no point to using a grand majority of them).

Make Sword Gear charge faster. Kill the hitstop on Knuckles (or make it less as gauge increases). Increase Wand melee speed.

The worst offenders for being bad PA/Techniques, in no particular order:
Razonde
Ride Slasher (Do I seriously have to charge this? ._.)
Gizan
Gimegid
Tri Impact
Sabarta (I know this is the strongest ice attack ever, but can we please have a shortened charge time?)
Serpent Air (I know a bunch of you disagree with me on this, but after the release of Addition Bullet you realize how crap the melee side of gunslashes are)
Rage Dance
Slash Rave (Really? The one shot at the end is stronger than all the slashes combined? Okay, it's strong, but damn, the melee factor of gunslashes are bad.)
Piercing Shell (seriously, without zondeel you're never going to get more than two targets at once. And that's if you're lucky.)
Impact Slider
Glory Rain (please, increase the damn range!)
Cluster Bullet (Someone said this got a lot stronger lv 11 and above, but I don't feel it at all)
Messiah Time
Illusion Rave
Fake Capture
Grapple Charge (This PA is just too slow...)
Assault Buster (Increase distance, decrease [or just eliminate] charging time)
Twister Fall
Flicker Jab
Quake Howling (needs slightly more range. Especially, you know, with how far the sfx goes when using Knuckle Gear...)

Also, put Upper Trap before Tool Mastery on the Ranger tree. That just makes no sense.

Z-0
Jan 8, 2013, 08:44 AM
Buffing Fighters and Hunters is completely unnecessary and if you think they are bad, I'm sorry to say, but you are probably a pretty terrible player.

FI/HU keeps up with Rangers and Forces very well, but if all you're doing is running around in circles in MPAs, you're not going to see this as it's obvious anyone with range is going to win out. There is a reason FI/HU is put in every TA group, with the most efficient Amdusica TA group containing 2 of them, even.

gigawuts
Jan 8, 2013, 08:53 AM
Fighter and hunter are pretty godtier for damage at arm's reach, but the issue is how limited that application is and how much larger the threat is outside of a controlled environment.

Give hunter flinch resistance or immunity right below iron will, dust off hands and call it a day. Fighter remains dedicated offense, hunter becomes better tank main or tank sub option, fi/hu and hu/fi get the last bit of lovin' they need.

FacelessRed
Jan 8, 2013, 09:42 AM
Hunter does need a buff, they do not keep up with rangers, not in any way shape or form. Rangers do more damage and take less damage. ~Weak bullet~ ALL THE DAMAGES!!1one, the end. Class balance doesn't come into play via group compatability, you can't consider damage as if weak bullet is a universal option for all classes. If weak bullet was something that ONLY worked for other players then maybe, but hunters are at extreme risk doing basically anything. And as a Hunter, I DON'T want to be a Tank. However I feel most of the issues with hunter and fighter are the flinches, and things like Over-End which is meant to be the equalizer gets you killed so often it's ridiculous ( un-interuptable cast time is over 5 seconds, and the enemy almost ALWAYS moves out of it during the long delay between 2nd hit and the final swing) and Knuckles get interuppted constantly.

And yes I'm HU/FI with a 10* sword.

But I digress, this isn't so much a class balance improvement thread as i would like it to be about innovative features and gameplay changes to improve the game and flesh it out into a more appealing game.

Coatl
Jan 8, 2013, 09:44 AM
They just need more weapons.
Oh, and no more of this having to kill 20000 of the same boss with x weapon to unlock new classes.

Hrith
Jan 8, 2013, 10:14 AM
Fix grinding and affixing, it's utter BS at the moment.

Remove free MPAs and respawning enemies, it's what's killing the game.

I would like to see more differences in statistics between races, nothing as big as PSO or PSU, but statistical differences in PSO2 are so insignificant, race is mostly a cosmetic thing, now, which is really a shame.
All games I know that have races have significant differences in stats, whether they are online or offline games.

That said, the lack of difference between races is nothing that would ruin the experience of playing the game for me, but MPAs, grinding and affixing do.

Tcrusader51
Jan 8, 2013, 10:26 AM
- add a bit more stuff to do outside missions like mini games.

- hangout places other than the ark colony.

- improve skill up for techs

- add a second subjob slot

- pvp matches like battlegrounds

- team vs team matches (maybe add a pvp match for that too)

- bring back beast class

- bigger player number scale missions

Rien
Jan 8, 2013, 10:29 AM
Buffing Fighters and Hunters is completely unnecessary and if you think they are bad, I'm sorry to say, but you are probably a pretty terrible player.

FI/HU keeps up with Rangers and Forces very well, but if all you're doing is running around in circles in MPAs, you're not going to see this as it's obvious anyone with range is going to win out. There is a reason FI/HU is put in every TA group, with the most efficient Amdusica TA group containing 2 of them, even.

That's a FI/HU. I'm a HU/FI. Not having deadly archer really does make a big difference. My ungrinded Fossil Victor outdamages my max grinded vita arch with Acro Effect alone.

I didn't ask for fighter buffs (other than movespeed increase and the knuckle change but really you're just thinking about double sabers which proves the knuckles aren't even good enough to be mentioned)

I ask for Hunter buffs.

And you know what's worse?

Rods... dpsing harder than swords with normal melee >.>

Mizunos
Jan 8, 2013, 10:34 AM
- Remove the atrocious affix system entirely, fix the grind RNG
- Remove the unit system entirely, it just sucks. Bring back Armors + slots for units + shields instead, it was perfect.
- Give weapons special abilities that make sense
- Remove MPAs from arks quests and free fields, make them accessible only during emergency missions
- Make 10☆+ weaps tradable
- Very difficult quests
- Quests with fixed map layouts
- Better musics, 'cause they're just bad

Seany1990
Jan 8, 2013, 10:41 AM
- bring back beast class

Agreed. Seemed unnecessary to take them out.

plasism
Jan 8, 2013, 10:47 AM
Bows. I miss Bows T T

Rien
Jan 8, 2013, 10:48 AM
We need more swords here.

Elysion (a wand) having 100+ more S-att than the best Sword is just...

...Not to mention Psycho Wand has the same s-att as the best Sword. Granted, someone who mains HU will never realistically equip it, but still, this is ridiculous.

gigawuts
Jan 8, 2013, 10:59 AM
Agreed. Seemed unnecessary to take them out.

Seemed unnecessary to add them.

Oh boy here we go.

Rien
Jan 8, 2013, 11:03 AM

Oh boy here we go.

They may or may not come with the Dewmans.

Xaelouse
Jan 8, 2013, 11:09 AM
We need more swords here.

Elysion (a wand) having 100+ more S-att than the best Sword is just...

...Not to mention Psycho Wand has the same s-att as the best Sword. Granted, someone who mains HU will never realistically equip it, but still, this is ridiculous.

Wands and rods don't have PAs though. However Te/Fi with something as strong as Elysion can easily DPS more than any sword HU right now as long as Wand gear is filled

Bellion
Jan 8, 2013, 11:10 AM
Add in enemies killed record(same reset time for item drop records) for every quest and difficulty so that we can compare the amount of drops and enemies slaughtered; so that we can get an estimate of drop rates and then we can all be sad.

Oh, and maybe allow us to trade in 10 10* weapons in exchange for 1 10* weapon that we want? Might be a bad idea, but.. oh well.

Seany1990
Jan 8, 2013, 11:20 AM

Oh boy here we go.

Not necessarily, they filled the hole that ATP needed filling.

ShinMaruku
Jan 8, 2013, 11:34 AM
No it would make it worse. It would make them rely on you having bodies than having good gameplay.

Jakosifer
Jan 8, 2013, 11:35 AM
Make 10*+ tradeable.
Premium sales skyrocket.
There will then be a REASON to hunt stuff with your friends, as it is now be real, we're just using each other for those extra spawns hoping whoever we're with doesn't end up with what we have wanted forever. We can make nice all we want with "{blu}Congratulations!!" and shit, but real talk when it happens EVERYTIME you hunt with a friend, it gets old. As fuck.

Fix this RNG in general, it pretty bad and demoralizing. Though with a lot of people being alright getting dickslapped by the current system this shits not going to change lololol.

Advance Quests* please have better enemy AI. I remember a time when the Dagacha things werent stunlocking douchebags, those were (more) boring times.

Mankini. Gotta make canon knockle. ▲_▲

I also want a purple bellhat. Would legit make this game the best game ever. Just don't give it a stupid secondary color like lime green.

More on stuff like random blotches of lime green. Stop making outfits have that ONE PART that ruins the rest of the outfit. I'm sure there are plenty of ninjas who want their movement to be impeded by super leg guards that make no sense!

NoiseHERO
Jan 8, 2013, 11:39 AM
Make 10*+ tradeable.
Premium sales skyrocket.
There will then be a REASON to hunt stuff with your friends, as it is now be real, we're just using each other for those extra spawns hoping whoever we're with doesn't end up with what we have wanted forever. We can make nice all we want with "{blu}Congratulations!!" and shit, but real talk when it happens EVERYTIME you hunt with a friend, it gets old. As fuck.

Fix this RNG in general, it pretty bad and demoralizing. Though with a lot of people being alright getting dickslapped by the current system this shits not going to change lololol.

Advance Quests* please have better enemy AI. I remember a time when the Dagacha things werent stunlocking douchebags, those were (more) boring times.

Mankini. Gotta make canon knockle. ▲_▲

I also want a purple bellhat. Would legit make this game the best game ever. Just don't give it a stupid secondary color like lime green.

More on stuff like random blotches of lime green. Stop making outfits have that ONE PART that ruins the rest of the outfit. I'm sure there are plenty of ninjas who want their movement to be impeded by super leg guards that make no sense!

post of the year

kkow
Jan 8, 2013, 11:42 AM
get rid of rng quests and mob spawn plz. im sick of it already. there is still no challenge to be found. in other mmos/rpgs, preparation was everything. having the proper party comp, items, skills, equips, the list goes on. at the moment, there is no reason to switch classes/weapons other than zzzimboredofthisclass.

Zyrusticae
Jan 8, 2013, 11:49 AM
I knew it was a bad idea to look into this thread.

Goddamn, some people are outrageous in their demands...

ShinMaruku
Jan 8, 2013, 11:53 AM
I want Kojima to manage this game.
Now THAT is outrageous. :E

Zyrusticae
Jan 8, 2013, 12:00 PM
No, you're all whiny bitches and I'm sick of it.

I don't even know why I bother coming here anymore. I guess the screenshot thread is the only thing I should ever even bother looking at!

NoiseHERO
Jan 8, 2013, 12:04 PM

I don't even know why I bother coming here anymore. I guess the screenshot thread is the only thing I should ever even bother looking at!

What are you talking about?

Are you... crazy?

ShinMaruku
Jan 8, 2013, 12:07 PM

This place has always been whiny bitches. I just find the islands of discussion worth it.
Like the Screenshot thread. I don't come here expecting dissertation of Candide.

Jyasupa
Jan 8, 2013, 12:09 PM

For someone who makes threads whining about not being able to make money, find rares, or even have access to help to progress in the game, this is pretty damn funny.

Ezodagrom
Jan 8, 2013, 12:12 PM
I knew it was a bad idea to look into this thread.

Goddamn, some people are outrageous in their demands...
Some of the demands are quite understandable though, but even if SEGA managed to fix the most problematic issues, I bet some people would still find things to complain about. :\

NoiseHERO
Jan 8, 2013, 12:13 PM
This place has always been whiny bitches. I just find the islands of discussion worth it.
Like the Screenshot thread. I don't come here expecting dissertation of Candide.

Don't support this madmans spontaneous rage, he's just mad because no one fell for his argument bait.

FacelessRed
Jan 8, 2013, 12:16 PM

Hey...

Calm down.

I just wanted to see what other people thought would make the game a better game, not all of it was what I wanted, as I was looking towards more innovative idea's other than tweeks or fixes to the current system. But for the most part it's been pretty interesting.

Sayara
Jan 8, 2013, 12:21 PM
Look. All i'm gonna say is. I shouldn't be forced to do outrageous loop hopping if i want to see the ruins. Fight 5 Vol Dragons! Beat Q.Dragon in 45 minutes! Beat 5 of the last 3 bosses! etc.

I mean, locking up vhard or subclasses fine. That's something you have to earn fine. But I'd LIKE to see the goddamn dark-zones. Also, I know its bla bla bla jp game no bakagajiin allow but sheesh finding people not in locked games in ship10 is just hillarious. Since Im behind already,
"everyone who is anyone is Vhard 50+ gtfo nubs"

(also, add Rabbit Wand. You stupid shitheads.)

Seany1990
Jan 8, 2013, 12:27 PM
Well this thread turned sour very quickly

ShinMaruku
Jan 8, 2013, 12:34 PM
This forum is sour. :E

Ezodagrom
Jan 8, 2013, 12:34 PM
Well, to add something to the topic, things that I think would make PSO2 better, hmm, let's see...

- More things to do in the lobby, like minigames.

- Enemies should either get new attacks or their existing attacks should be improved every few difficulty modes.

- Different looking enemies and different environments starting with certain difficulty modes (kinda like ultimate in PSO ver.2, if the game ends up with 8 difficulty modes, I guess difficulty 4 and difficulty 8 would be nice places to have such a change, but I guess something like this would just make the size of the game unnecessarily bigger, maybe?).

- Refinements to the MPA system so everything isn't completely destroyed by 12 people groups.

- Rewards for S ranking quests so it's worth completing quests instead of doing mindless loops around MPAs.

- For "eye candy", more unique elements to the fields, parts that feel different while still feeling that they belong to the area (like the waterfall in ruins 1 or caves 2 in PSO).

- Add unique gimmicks not just to quests, but also to free fields (like the river that pulls players to the sides in the forest dagan quest, or the conveyor belts in the mines quests).

- Improvements to existing quests and fields in higher difficulty modes.

- More unique client orders.

- Occasionally add new content for low level areas as well (especially between lvl 1 and 30, this would be more for those who level up different classes to have more things in this level range).

- And there's the whole fix grinding, affixing, yada yada yada.

FacelessRed
Jan 8, 2013, 12:35 PM

I'm a little disappointing in some peoples reactions. But hey, At least I got to speak my ideas. And I personally think they were pretty good.

Be at peace: http://i.imgur.com/d3BCq.gif

Ezodagrom
Jan 8, 2013, 12:41 PM
Look. All i'm gonna say is. I shouldn't be forced to do outrageous loop hopping if i want to see the ruins. Fight 5 Vol Dragons! Beat Q.Dragon in 45 minutes! Beat 5 of the last 3 bosses! etc.

I mean, locking up vhard or subclasses fine. That's something you have to earn fine. But I'd LIKE to see the goddamn dark-zones. Also, I know its bla bla bla jp game no bakagajiin allow but sheesh finding people not in locked games in ship10 is just hillarious. Since Im behind already,
"everyone who is anyone is Vhard 50+ gtfo nubs"

(also, add Rabbit Wand. You stupid shitheads.)
Oh yeah, forgot about that. Well, the do previous 2 quests to unlock free fields and do free field to unlock next area client orders are not that bad, I don't mind those, but the beat 3 bosses 5 times each to unlock difficulty ones are just way too dull. 1 boss each should have been more than enough, instead of 5. ._.

NoiseHERO
Jan 8, 2013, 12:42 PM

Well that's what happens when you make a "what do you want?" thread, and people come in and act like you're wrong/stupid/a terrible person for simply wanting something in a videogame. And turn it into an argument for no reason. : D

Laxedrane
Jan 8, 2013, 12:58 PM
They may or may not come with the Dewmans.

When did they say Dewmans were coming at all?

Unless they make beasts actually look like cat or lion people.(And for the love of goodness choose one. I hate it when games make men lions and girls kitties. Although in sega defense their nano blast both look like a lion and lioness.)

Dewmans have the same problem. So unless they are going to be distinctly aesthetically different there's really no point to have them around. Personally I think we see Dragonkin as a playable race before these guys.(Which would be kind of awesome.)

However speaking of Photon blasts (Nano whatever for those races from universe/ portable) What the hell sega. You hit this part out of the park in universe.(Well maybe I should say you hit it out of the park in the 9th inning) In a series that has so much customization. Why did you stumble in this one?

We had so much variety at the end of Universe and portable. Look at your blasts right now you did it right, just not enough. Add more blast creatures. Let us use all their attacks as we want. And consider race specific blasts for more variety.

gravityvx
Jan 8, 2013, 12:59 PM
Lol stay classy psow. On topic, I would like it if they added unqiueness to the weapons, as in special abilities to most of em like in the original pso. They could also chill the hell out on the weapon grind rng, though that's not even remotely close to game breaking in any way or form, it's still an issue I suppose. Would also be cool if they added a "classic mode" where you travel through maps like in the original, like having to clear every room you enter to move forward. But only allows 4 members(including yourself), higher drop rates, far more agressive AI, non flinch enemies and final area would of course be a boss. Of course it's nothing new, but it's different, another alternative and would be much harder than traveling with 12 peeps in circles.

RedRaz0r
Jan 8, 2013, 01:02 PM
I'm a little disappointing in some peoples reactions. But hey, At least I got to speak my ideas. And I personally think they were pretty good.

Be at peace: http://i.imgur.com/d3BCq.gif

I'm happy with this thread, enough with the crap and lets get back to the point!

The only thing I think this game really needs is more variety. And I know it will come with time. Do you remember PSU when it first came out? There will be updates, especially if they want to keep people interested and keep making money. So basically, the only thing I think they need to add, will be added over time. Sounds good to me.

Alucard V
Jan 8, 2013, 01:02 PM
- add a bit more stuff to do outside missions like mini games.

- hangout places other than the ark colony.

- bring back beast class

- Remove the atrocious affix system entirely, fix the grind RNG
- Make 10☆+ weaps tradable

-Yes to more lobbies and mini games.(PvP being one of them) Something like a Casino Voloya(ish) arena would add to the feel of a sporting event over a mindless beating.
PSU's Airboard Rally would be a nice addition if they did it right. With the ability to build airboard from mech drops.(for the gearheads out there.)

-Adding Races would be hard seeing that the Photon Blast is back to Mag based system and without racial abilities seems a little pointless. Something like a Racial Skill Tree would help this a bit having the player unlock thing like Casts Trap Vision and Poison/paralysis resist or a 2nd type Photon Blast in a more balanced way.

-Being about to trade Weapons, Armor, and Units (not Meseta, outfits, or AC Tickets) with out Premium Package. Along with no limits on what and what not can by sold in a player shop.

-A Arks Cash shop for non-gameplay effecting items. Because the way they have it now seems a little backwards.

-Side Story Quest like what stuff like The Lost Bride, Seek My Master, and the Kireek battles were like in PSO.

That's just me tho.

Ezodagrom
Jan 8, 2013, 01:03 PM

Unless they make beasts actually look like cat or lion people.(And for the love of goodness choose one. I hate it when games make men lions and girls kitties. Although in sega defense their nano blast both look like a lion and lioness.)

Dewmans have the same problem. So unless they are going to be distinctly aesthetically different there's really no point to have them around. Personally I think we see Dragonkin as a playable race before these guys.(Which would be kind of awesome.)

However speaking of Photon blasts (Nano whatever for those races from universe/ portable) What the hell sega. You hit this part out of the park in universe.(Well maybe I should say you hit it out of the park in the 9th inning) In a series that has so much customization. Why did you stumble in this one?

We had so much variety at the end of Universe and portable. Look at your blasts right now you did it right, just not enough. Add more blast creatures. Let us use all their attacks as we want. And consider race specific blasts for more variety.
The talk about Dewmans/Dumans/whatever they're called comes from there being data in the game about them, in the data there's stats for that race along with the stats for Human, Newman and Cast.

The Walrus
Jan 8, 2013, 01:13 PM
-Make enemies stronger based on the number of players in the area

-Make free areas larger with more to do this just run up where the exit to the near area usually is. Add gates again, and simple switch puzzles or something.

-To go with the above make bosses at the end of free areas stronger. As it is they die way too fast right now. Make them actually give a decent amount of exp too

-Make enemies spawn more often so it's not just kill spawns then run around for a while looking for the next.

-Add quests, like the first one with unique area layouts

-Add variations of each client order for every difficulty

-Make rares worth hunting and easier to actually grind and affix once obtained.

-Give a reward for S-ranking, like exp for your subclass or a grinder or something.

-Get rid of the orders for unlocking sub classes and maybe the advanced classes too.

-Soccer lobby

-Music discs for playing during runs

-Make it so that MPA's aren't the only super efficient way of leveling quickly

NoiseHERO
Jan 8, 2013, 01:43 PM

Unless that new race of falz people count as the new "dumans" (people like falz posessed gettumhart obviously.) which would actually make a lot of sense...

I doubt we're getting them/still getting them.

But basically yeah all the info for dumans were found in the game's data. Including their stats at each level I think.

edit: Oh ezodaggit already beat me to that.

Tcrusader51
Jan 8, 2013, 02:22 PM
-Get rid of the orders for unlocking sub classes and maybe the advanced classes too.

This may be me just becoming too casual but I somewhat agree with at least the advance classes part. Not necessarily remove it but make it that one class becoming level 30 allows access to all advance classes. Again, it might be me but going hunter/techer is sort of a pain for my patient. I can't even imagine for those who want to do something like fighter/techer.

Saffran
Jan 8, 2013, 03:33 PM
I can't even imagine for those who want to do something like fighter/techer.

I dunno, while there is quite some content already, you tend to level up really fast when you actually do play the game.
I unlocked all areas with my hunter (only played hunter, seemed like the only interesting class), then decided I'd try out ranger and force too. Well, we're 4 weeks later and I'm lv 43/35/36/31/35/26.

I would fix the grinding RNG by giving odds-beating items in a meseta-based casino area.
Having mini-games with the chat functions, monkey see monkey do games with motions, a TPS mode minigame, etc. Also, dodgy NPC which you would go to for black market quests, like paying him 10% of your wealth (minimum 1million) to access some 10 stars and higher shop.
Fix the affixing system is necessary too but I haven't found any really sustainable/balanced fix that would not ditch the core concept altogether.
More Time Attack / Challenge Mode.
Limit MPAs to 1 (one) hour, ideally 30 minutes. The concept of running around in circles trying to find something to kill is not compatible with the game settings and story.
Kill off Franka. What would ppl say if I were to go in a foreign country, say, the USA, and wonder out loud "geez, look at these people, some of them are really fat, I wonder what kind of awesome steacks I could get out of them, hey, you over there, I'll give you 10 000 bucks if you poach about 50 of these, see you later". I mean, really, Sega...

Jakosifer
Jan 8, 2013, 03:39 PM
But Saffy.. Franka is my waifu... ;A;

Heat Haze
Jan 8, 2013, 03:53 PM
Kill off Franka. What would ppl say if I were to go in a foreign country, say, the USA, and wonder out loud "geez, look at these people, some of them are really fat, I wonder what kind of awesome steacks I could get out of them, hey, you over there, I'll give you 10 000 bucks if you poach about 50 of these, see you later". I mean, really, Sega...
Whaaaaaa..?

Ryock
Jan 8, 2013, 04:55 PM
There are three very particular things I'd like to see implemented.

1: Remove the cilent orders for sub class and advanced classes. Hitting 20 would simply unlock sub classing, while hitting 30 on a class would still be required for its mirror class. The client orders required to complete in order to use them would simply be removed, and the explanation of the class would be explained through a little pop up upon hitting the required level. I think it's kind of silly that for example, Ohza gives you a quest to unlock the quest for unlocking fighter.

2: Weapon specific PAs. PSO1 still has much more of a unique feel to its weapons than PSU or PSO2. While the combat was significantly less flexible in PSO1, when you got a weapon, it had an ability that was often unique to itself, like final impact having an exp stealing attack, guld milla absorbing hp, or another like psycho wand which had several abilities, both active and passive. I don't see why some weapons couldn't have their own unique PAs that could be unequipped like the rod's standard attack.

3: Much more intelligent and complex AI. It's not news to anyone that just about any enemy is really easy to kill. Majority of the enemies are slow to attack or super passive. Signos are dead before they can stand up, wolves circle forever before being super obvious and attacking, spardans either attack too slowly or blow up after waiting for a long time, etc etc. Hopefully when the next difficulty is released, it'll be this game's ultimate mode where the monsters are faster, stronger, and have resistances to certain types of attacks instead of one attack beats all.

Xaeris
Jan 8, 2013, 05:59 PM
I'm mostly enjoying myself, but yeah, there are a few improvements I'd be dancing with joy to see.

- The grinding and affix systems need help. I'm okay with the idea that it may take millions upon millions of meseta to take a weapon from 0 to 10. What I'm not okay with is the idea you can dump millions of meseta into your +5 weapon and walk away with a +2. Progress should be incrementally steady in proportion to the amount of meseta and grinders you invest into the weapon.

- I should be able to do something with all of these Daylight Scars and Talis Legacies. As it is, green star weapons (4-6) have more value than they do since they can be used as mag food. Letting me use garbage rares as mag food would work well enough, I think.

- I've pretty much given up on multi partying for any purpose other than emergency missions or leveling up my lowbies. My interest could be rekindled if maps spawned an appropriate amount of mobs for the amount of people there. This trickle of 4 or 5 enemies when you've got a small army running the place doesn't cut it.

- Let us trade 10*s. God damn. See, I go insane if I run the same thing over and over to farm an enemy. This has been true since Episode 1. So, instead of running the same thing over and over, I run a variety of things. And when something valuable that I had no use for dropped, that was fine, since I could just make a post on the trading board for something I did have a use for. I can't do that anymore.

- More clothes plx.

Cyclon
Jan 8, 2013, 06:55 PM
[SPOILER-BOX]Balance, balance, balance.

Nobody seems to care anymore, but make uncharged techs valuable, aka more powerful, A LOT if possible. Also make charged techs cost additional PP; this could potentially make the fire tree less overpowered as well.
Add some other gimmick to wand gear. Maybe something like, after three wand hits with filled wand gear, you get a free tech that deals additional damage(double? Triple? Dunno) but can't be charged. Also make wand gear fill out of uncharged techs instead/as well.
Ehancement of uncharged techs aside, wands also need some kind of dash attack. Maybe some sort of teleport attack halfway through mirage escape.

Make partizan PAs more efficient either by raising their damage or lowering their cost. Partizan gear also should be rethought entirely, or at least yield considerably better bonuses/give two charges per full twirl. Or, full twirls shouldn't automatically give charges; rather than that, twirling itself should raise the bar at a much faster rate(with maybe some small bonus if you complete one), which should vary depending on the PA/attack for the sake of balancing through utility along with damage.
Max number of charges stored should be higher. Also, make normal partizan attacks a bit stronger.

The new PAs for W.lances were a good idea, but they should be cancellable at some point somehow, and air pocket swing should be shorter(three swings would be plenty). They also should fill the gear gauge faster; to compensate for this, lower their damage. In a nutshell, these should make the gear easier to use, but not become your main source of damage, otherwise it doesn't make sense. Normal attacks should either be stronger or fill the gauge faster as well.
Also, grabs shouldn't make people lose their targetting anymore.

Swords are fine for the most part. Maybe discard/shorten the beginning of uncharged ride slasher so it can be used as an approach tool without having to jump(discarding the JA bonus in the process). Make overend useful even without a full gear gauge. For example, have it only do a stronger first hit at level 1, two hits with a stronger second one at level 2, then the whole attack at level 3. I can understand it's supposed to be a situational PA, but that's taking it a bit too far right now.

As always, nerf weak bullet. Maybe make it hit/damage related, so that once a certain number of hits/amount of damage has been reached, it disappears.

Tweak flinch somehow. Make it shorter basically, also maybe give a few invicibility frames at some point. Cheap deaths shouldn't be the main hazard of this game. Also make people take less damage when their face is down on the floor(wohohoho).

Finally, do some more PA balancing. The whole 10 to 11 rebalancing was nice, but there's still work to be done.

... guess that's about it for balance. Now on to personal preference...

Mechgun gear is a bit dull. Sure, mechguns are great weapons already without it, but that shouldn't be an excuse for a dull gear. An additional gimmick, just like wand gear, would be nice. No ideas on this one, though.

AT LEAST make weapon potentials unlockable from +7/+8 on any weapon. Anything beyond already gives good enough of a damage boost to be desirable anyway. Actually, I don't care how, but tweak this system. Making people gamble hardcore for more damage is acceptable, doing the same to let them unlock a weapon's ability isn't. This should be something everyone has access to, not just the richest/luckiest.

Tech bonuses per race/gender should make a comeback. I liked those. Along with these, PA/weapon bonus per race/gender maybe...?

Give people more of a reason to play solo, or at least as a group outside of MPAs.

That's about everything of importance, or that wasn't mentioned several times before, that I can think of.[/SPOILER-BOX]
Edit: Forgot to spoiler this.

Syklo
Jan 8, 2013, 07:11 PM
About enhancing t.mech gear:
(Keep the gear type as it is, not the "stock" type)

Add bullets per normal shot
Make each "bullet" hit multiple times?
Add special effects to certain PA's (Make infinite fire a piercing type for instance, or make aerial shooting charge faster like sword gear)
Enhance weapon action, perhaps increase distance covered by flips. Or even change behaviour entirely.

eh, one of the above

SociableTyrannosaur
Jan 8, 2013, 09:45 PM
You know what I think they should do for affixes is let you basically remove the affixes themselves from the item at a 100% rate, but charge 5-10 times what they currently charge to remove the affixes and just as much to place them on the gear more like the slots in armor/frames from PSO. Also make it so that slots cannot be added in this way and instead make it so that adding slots is its own form of grinding, but rather than use grinders, do it like affinity boosting and require a duplicate weapon, synthesizers and large sums of meseta.

Slots past maybe 4 would require more than one copy of the item to achieve and increase as you made your way up to 8. The idea would be that slots can't disappear but large sums of money would disappear from the economy as people affixed new equipment. This would also give all those daylight scars and similarly common "rares" value in that more common items are much easier to augment in this way.

Creating new affixes would follow the current formula of combining but again with a failure rate, where a failure resulted in the materials being lost; but people could essentially store affixes to be used later. These removed affixes would be treated the same way as mags in that they have their own inventory and are character bound.

Sega could then make it so that items augmented with these affixes could not be sold or traded without buying some kind of item (through AC/scratch) that "released" it from you - OR to make premium more enticing make the sale(not purchasing) of such equipment restricted to premium only. This way item customization wouldn't be a nearly the kind of hate and self loathing inducing experience it is now and we get a genuine money sink for all the Meseta generated through TA and such.

That's how you fix affixing.

Magus_84
Jan 8, 2013, 09:53 PM
-More clothes (including some stuff for the males that isn't horrid)

-Make 10*s tradeable, somehow.

-Higher enemy density, especially in MPAs.

-Make some of the current "garbage" rares into all-class weapons (Yasminkov 2000H!)

-More all-class weapons in general.

-Get rid of the class unlock COs. Make all three advanced classes unlock when you hit 30 on a single class. Once.

-Make difficulty unlock COs account-wide. You'd still need to meet the minimum level requirement though.

-Do something about the 20-25 drought (though it's better than when I took a break around the time of GW2 coming out)

-Make 10*s tradeable, even if they can't be posted in the My Shop. I will buy three months of Premium just to be able to do this. Sega, my money, you can has it.

-Weapon "save points" at grind levels. Once at + 3, +5, +7 and +9, a weapon can't lose grinds beyond that level. So if you get a weapon to +9 (or 3, or 5, or 7...), it'll never drop below +9, no matter how many times you fail. A grind fail that would be a "-1" or "-2" would just be a failed grind at those levels. Sega still gets their money sink, people don't go batshit insane. It's win-win. If you have to be all Sega-like and evil, make each grind failure increase the cost to grind until you hit another save point.

-Affix transfer. Make it possible to add affixes to a 0-affix item. Even if it's double the cost or something.

-More weapon types. I'm thinking Shotgun for Ranger, Longbow (gets three PA slots for either techs or gun-like PAs) for Force, Axe for Hunter, Twin Saber for Fighter, Crossbow (mini-shotgun with style) for Gunner, Whip (think single-handed wired lance with wide AoE and three melee-like PA or tech slots) for Techer.

Seany1990
Jan 8, 2013, 09:58 PM
-Get rid of the class unlock COs. Make all three advanced classes unlock when you hit 30 on a single class. Once.

I don't see why Fighter should unlock for getting Force to 30. I will agree with you about removing the CO though.

Laxedrane
Jan 8, 2013, 09:59 PM
The talk about Dewmans/Dumans/whatever they're called comes from there being data in the game about them, in the data there's stats for that race along with the stats for Human, Newman and Cast.

Oh wow I forgot about that. Ahh ok, still stand by what I said afterwards though.

Magus_84
Jan 8, 2013, 10:08 PM
I don't see why Fighter should unlock for getting Force to 30. I will agree with you about removing the CO though.

I'm lazy and the 20-25 range makes me want to break things, since I always end up hitting 20 right as my friends start doing free field MPAs.

Maybe hitting 30 on a class makes Koffie give you all three class-unlock COs? Then tweak the requirements to be doable on any class.

It's not like using Swords/Partisans/Wired Lances on Hunter, Launchers on Ranger or Rods on Force prepares you for using Fighter/Gunner/Techer weapons very well (okay, except Rods).

Syklo
Jan 8, 2013, 10:10 PM
-Affix transfer. Make it possible to add affixes to a 0-affix item. Even if it's double the cost or something.

It IS possible
wtf are you on about?

You know what I think they should do for affixes is let you basically remove the affixes themselves from the item at a 100% rate, but charge 5-10 times what they currently charge to remove the affixes and just as much to place them on the gear more like the slots in armor/frames from PSO. Also make it so that slots cannot be added in this way and instead make it so that adding slots is its own form of grinding, but rather than use grinders, do it like affinity boosting and require a duplicate weapon, synthesizers and large sums of meseta.

Slots past maybe 4 would require more than one copy of the item to achieve and increase as you made your way up to 8. The idea would be that slots can't disappear but large sums of money would disappear from the economy as people affixed new equipment. This would also give all those daylight scars and similarly common "rares" value in that more common items are much easier to augment in this way.

Creating new affixes would follow the current formula of combining but again with a failure rate, where a failure resulted in the materials being lost; but people could essentially store affixes to be used later. These removed affixes would be treated the same way as mags in that they have their own inventory and are character bound.

Sega could then make it so that items augmented with these affixes could not be sold or traded without buying some kind of item (through AC/scratch) that "released" it from you - OR to make premium more enticing make the sale(not purchasing) of such equipment restricted to premium only. This way item customization wouldn't be a nearly the kind of hate and self loathing inducing experience it is now and we get a genuine money sink for all the Meseta generated through TA and such.

That's how you fix affixing.
what dafuq.
Just ...........just NO.
Affixing is perfectly fine as it is for me, except it's a tad too expensive but i can adapt.

Unless what you're saying is that instead of paying to "affix" abilities onto items, you pay for "slots" so that the affixing of those abilities is guaranteed?
Hmm...I guess that's fine?

Magus_84
Jan 8, 2013, 10:15 PM
It IS possible
wtf are you on about?

I may be mistaken, haven't tried it in a few months. You can use a 0-affix item as a target?

Figured grinding would be a better use of the meseta after failing a bunch of transfers early on.

Spoilers: It wasn't.

Vashyron
Jan 8, 2013, 10:33 PM
First off, actual difficulty. When the game has that I'll bother adding some constructive critisim, because without that alone I lack extreme motivation to play after the "new neat game/combat mechanics" phase has worn off for anything else to matter to me.

So unless they are going to be distinctly aesthetically different there's really no point to have them around.

Let's remove the Newman race then. :wacko:

Already been mentioned but eh they are in the data, but before someone says they could easily be a unfinished thing, in updates to the system like the FI GU TE one they also got stats added there.

I would also mention you could thank Dewmans being the sole reason why there are no eyepatch accessories around, haha.

.Jack
Jan 8, 2013, 10:33 PM
I may be mistaken, haven't tried it in a few months. You can use a 0-affix item as a target?

If you have something with nothing on it, you can add 1 thing to it..
If you have something with 1 thing on it, you add 2 things to it..
If you have something with 2 things on it, you can add 3 things to it.. ect.. ect..

---

I would personally like to see something similar to PSU's casino added or some sort of game room where you can play games outside the lobby. :-D

Seany1990
Jan 8, 2013, 10:37 PM
I would personally like to see something similar to PSU's casino added or some sort of game room where you can play games outside the lobby. :-D

And you use AC to buy casino coins? Fund it Sega

SociableTyrannosaur
Jan 8, 2013, 11:13 PM
It IS possible
wtf are you on about?

what dafuq.
Just ...........just NO.
Affixing is perfectly fine as it is for me, except it's a tad too expensive but i can adapt.

Unless what you're saying is that instead of paying to "affix" abilities onto items, you pay for "slots" so that the affixing of those abilities is guaranteed?
Hmm...I guess that's fine?

What I'm saying is affixing and slots should be guaranteed but at a much higher cost.

Laxedrane
Jan 8, 2013, 11:13 PM
Let's remove the Newman race then. :wacko:

Already been mentioned but eh they are in the data, but before someone says they could easily be a unfinished thing, in updates to the system like the FI GU TE one they also got stats added there.

I would also mention you could thank Dewmans being the sole reason why there are no eyepatch accessories around, haha.

There's a distinct difference between a new concept in the series and a distinct aspect of the series that's been with it from the beginning.

Unless your just trying to poke at me or just be sarcastic in which case I will have to go to the bathroom and get this pie off my face.

Anyways I should change the tone of what I said. I personally don't mind if they add Dewmen or beasts. I just would like them to be aesthetically distinguishable.

They don't have to have their own clothes but maybe make them look more darker or demony for dewmen. Make beast more animal looking either taking the human with cat ears and a tail concept or going all out into furry territory. Hell since this game is already over fetishist, mines well make them that way.

Dextro
Jan 8, 2013, 11:14 PM
the random nature of PSO2 is fairly fun, but they don't take it quite far enough.
I read this and instantly wanted to set your house on fire.
...but then I realised you were talking about the actual environment, and not Dudu and the RNG ^^;

Sebastian & PSO
Jan 8, 2013, 11:26 PM
I would like longer indoor levels that felt more like PSO epI&II which actually took a while, and a huge effort to reach the boss.

I would also like some more creepy enemies that shoot things like medgid and can kill one hit. My favourite level so far is the tunnels because of the open spaces in certain rooms and the music and sound give it a darker effect.

It would also be cool if Jellen and Zalure were added into the game.

So tougher enemies, longer maps and more techniques.

Syklo
Jan 8, 2013, 11:47 PM
I'd like to see the wind series get their "territory" technique since all hte other elements have at least one.

Perhaps make it a speed buff, or do the opposite of zondeel and "triggering" it causes an all-round knockback blast.

Fleuret
Jan 8, 2013, 11:58 PM
An option for players to choose their own standing stance. Right now the normal standing stance is kinda intimidating than normal. So something like being able to pick between slouching, normal, intimidating etc etc.

Same with fighting stance. I don't like the hunters current fighting stance. Only when I was frozen during an action did I find a possible fighting stance.
[spoiler-box]http://puu.sh/1Luxa.png[/spoiler-box]

Syklo
Jan 9, 2013, 12:02 AM
that's one for EVERY WEAPON
yikes.

Grady219
Jan 9, 2013, 02:53 AM
Something I'd really like to see is a bit of a speed up in the weapon switching. You know it would be awesome to launch something up into the air with your partizan, then switch to your T. Machineguns to knock them up higher, and switch to your sword to finish the combo off with a twister fall.

Darki
Jan 9, 2013, 02:56 AM
Something I'd really like to see is a bit of a speed up in the weapon switching. You know it would be awesome to launch something up into the air with your partizan, then switch to your T. Machineguns to knock them up higher, and switch to your sword to finish the combo off with a twister fall.

OH FUCK, THIS.

Seriously.

What is the use for being able to teleport weapons out of thin air if you can't do this.

SteveMotosuwa
Jan 9, 2013, 03:03 AM
PSO2 wouldcbe good if they had a planet similar to Neudaiz, or it can be Neudaiz itself.. :3

The Walrus
Jan 9, 2013, 03:07 AM

Part of the problem with that is that weapon switching is affected by the connection

Shiyo
Jan 9, 2013, 03:43 AM
make everything grind wise cost 1 grinder,make affixing things cheaper,and make it to were you can actually earn 10 stars with a certain amount of enemy kills

None of the best, or even close to best gear in the game is required to kill anything, it's dumb to make all the "best" gear easy and "standard". if this was a normal MMO with gear checks, sure, but for this game? You can solo everything with a 6 star weapon and decent SDEF units that cost 1k. No need to hand out gear to everyone when it's not needed, keep +10's, 10 stars, etc unique and rare for players to aim for, not something that's expected everyone to have.

やすはら だいすけ
Jan 9, 2013, 04:57 AM
What would I want to make it a better game...

How 'bout the NA/EU Releases? Sounds good to me :P

I'd probably still stick to the japanese servers too, since I fear the "NA/EU gets content 1 year later than Jp" issue...

Darki
Jan 9, 2013, 04:59 AM
What would I want to make it a better game...

How 'bout the NA/EU Releases? Sounds good to me :P

I'd probably still stick to the japanese servers too, since I fear the "NA/EU gets content 1 year later than Jp" issue...

And that would make PSO2 a better game, how? xD

gigawuts
Jan 9, 2013, 04:59 AM

Imagine PSO2 without b20.

Darki
Jan 9, 2013, 05:01 AM
Imagine PSO2 without b20.

You mean PSO2 with a set of ships made of b20s?

Or the fact that it would mean the JP b20 going there and leave JP?

やすはら だいすけ
Jan 9, 2013, 05:02 AM

That's easily explained, you'd actually understand 100% of everything instead of 10-20% :'D

Darki
Jan 9, 2013, 05:14 AM
That's easily explained, you'd actually understand 100% of everything instead of 10-20% :'D

Since when story mode of this game makes 80~90% of it? <_<

やすはら だいすけ
Jan 9, 2013, 05:15 AM
Since when story mode of this game makes 80~90% of it? <_<

Am not only talking 'bout story mode, but everything, not translated >_>'

Including Quests, Item Names, ETC!

gigawuts
Jan 9, 2013, 05:18 AM
Well, we get where you're coming from...but that topic has been the cause of many many arguments.

Suffice to say, some people aren't bothered by the japanese text, and some are even picking it up as they go. I think it's best to leave it at "I'd like it if..." for that one.

Just trying to prevent an unnecessarily long and probably angry few pages of text.

Darki
Jan 9, 2013, 05:20 AM
^This. After playing since release I understand pretty much everything in the menus and even NPC cut-ins during mid-mission... It was a problem at first of course, but I'd rather have that than all the problems that the US release will probably have. And for anything else, you've got the english patch (I don't even bother with it lately). Story mode, I admit I would like to get it better, but considering this is an online game, I don't really care much.

やすはら だいすけ
Jan 9, 2013, 05:20 AM
Well, we get where you're coming from...but that topic has been the cause of many many arguments.

Suffice to say, some people aren't bothered by the japanese text, and some are even picking it up as they go. I think it's best to leave it at "I'd like it if..." for that one.

Just trying to prevent an unnecessarily long and probably angry few pages of text.

True, infact I joined the JP servers, hoping I'll get some japanese down myself.

^This. After playing since release I understand pretty much everything in the meus and even NPC cut-ins during mid-mission... It was a problem at first of course, but I'd rather have that than all the problems that the US release will probably have. And for anything else, you've got the english patch. Story mode, I admit I would like to get it better, but considering this is an online game, I don't really care much.

You can get used to it, if you try long enough, I'm using the english patch but will remove it eventually, once I've gotten everything memorized a tad.

Also, what problems are you expecting from the US release? :P

Darki
Jan 9, 2013, 05:28 AM
Also, what problems are you expecting from the US release? :P

None at the moment, but considering that they're already fucking with the community even BEFORE the game is out, with this massive lack of information about it, the little hopes I could have that they's do a better work this time are slowly fading away...

Still, I wasn't planning to switch because none of the people I play with will as far as I know, and I'm comfortable enough already.

やすはら だいすけ
Jan 9, 2013, 05:30 AM
None at the moment, but considering that they're already fucking with the community even BEFORE the game is out, with this massive lack of information about it, the little hopes I could have that they's do a better work this time are slowly fading.

Still, I wasn't planning to switch because none of the people I play with will as far as I know, and I'm comfortable enough already.

Don't forget that they might actually put in an IP-Block once the other servers are up and running, I kinda expect that to happen.

Or did they actually say, they won't?

I'll probably play on the eng server, but I won't leave the japanese and will continue playing on it aswell, given that they won't block us.

Darki
Jan 9, 2013, 05:33 AM
Why would they do that? Personally I think that's a silly idea, if they were to kick us out they would have done so when they announced the US servers. By keeping us all this time they're just losing potential players. If I were to be banned in summer, I would probably not even bother switching over to the US. <_<

I like the game, and play it because I have stuff here already, but I burned already all my excitement for it, I wouldn't like to start over after a whole year playing and having to wait for all the shit I already have and expect. I would wait at least for when content got to where I was... and honestly, I'd rather play Pokémon.

やすはら だいすけ
Jan 9, 2013, 05:40 AM
Why would they do that? Personally I think that's a silly idea, if they were to kick us out they would have done so when they announced the US servers. By keeping us all this time they're just losing potential players. If I were to be banned in summer, I would probably not even bother switching over to the US. <_<

I like the game, and play it because I have stuff here already, but I burned already all my excitement for it, I wouldn't like to start over after a whole year playing and having to wait for all the shit I already have and expect. I would wait at least for when content got to where I was... and honestly, I'd rather play Pokémon.

I get your point, I'm hoping for everything to remain the way it is myself, though I've only been around in PSO2 for about a week.

Oh well, lets wait and see what happens..

BoredHuman
Jan 10, 2013, 09:56 PM
In all honesty, this game lacks much non-combat gameplay. Now, I haven't learned about the story much or gotten to a very high level, but all I've done so far is go to different planets and make what ever is there get dead. And that's all fine and good; The combat and gunplay is comfortable as all get-out, but by the end of the day, when the Emergency Quest has died down, and the client order only half-filled, I get bored.

What I liked about PSU was that there were places (Albeit, not many nor very exciting) outside of combat that I could go to and explore. Places like the beach, the club, that shrine, and most importantly, the casino. But here, in PSO2, there's only two lobbies, and very few shops (Events excluded). And I'm not really willing to spend money on getting My own room until the US release. The game just feels stagnant after a while, because you see the same old things after a while.

Without much of a world to explore, the game-world doesn't mean much to me. It feels empty and lifeless. Back in Gurhal, you had civilizations to explore, cities to walk around in (again, limited and banal in several areas). All I get in PSO2 is wildlands and beasts. The EQ's that take place on the ARKS ships are a wonderful exception, but they are only available for so long.

But it might be because I've yet to get very far, level wise (Lvl 20 Ranger), but I see a lack of anything else to do. I just wish this game was a little more like PSU in it's world building.

Seany1990
Jan 10, 2013, 10:05 PM
What I liked about PSU was that there were places (Albeit, not many nor very exciting) outside of combat that I could go to and explore. Places like the beach, the club, that shrine, and most importantly, the casino.
The Universe part of its name was an indirect reference to the number of different lobbies that it had.

Daniel death
Jan 10, 2013, 10:10 PM
First post I think there should be more moving platform battles to^^;

Syklo
Jan 10, 2013, 10:15 PM
First post I think there should be more moving platform battles to^^;
I read this.

Immediately thought : Skylands platforms rotating each other.
You, on one and crys draal on the other.

Then i thought.......POKEMON!

jooozek
Jan 11, 2013, 06:43 AM
A goddamn S-Rank counter that is visible on HUD so we don't have to count the monsters or overkill to clear COs. Seriously.

Dana
Jan 11, 2013, 07:37 AM
I know it must have been said countless times. But really. I really utterly despise the grinding system. Over 200 Grinders just to get a shitty 9* rod from +9 to +2 then back to +9 then to +5...then to +4...then back to +9...then to +5 THEN to +7 before I run out.

I despite it...

That and AC is silly

I'd like enemies that have more HP and hit for less damage. All enemies in this game are pretty much Glass Cannons. Being hit for 65% of your HP by a Dagan...rly? srs

Cagedtaytay
Jan 11, 2013, 09:57 AM
In all honesty, this game lacks much non-combat gameplay. Now, I haven't learned about the story much or gotten to a very high level, but all I've done so far is go to different planets and make what ever is there get dead. And that's all fine and good; The combat and gunplay is comfortable as all get-out, but by the end of the day, when the Emergency Quest has died down, and the client order only half-filled, I get bored.

What I liked about PSU was that there were places (Albeit, not many nor very exciting) outside of combat that I could go to and explore. Places like the beach, the club, that shrine, and most importantly, the casino. But here, in PSO2, there's only two lobbies, and very few shops (Events excluded). And I'm not really willing to spend money on getting My own room until the US release. The game just feels stagnant after a while, because you see the same old things after a while.

Without much of a world to explore, the game-world doesn't mean much to me. It feels empty and lifeless. Back in Gurhal, you had civilizations to explore, cities to walk around in (again, limited and banal in several areas). All I get in PSO2 is wildlands and beasts. The EQ's that take place on the ARKS ships are a wonderful exception, but they are only available for so long.

But it might be because I've yet to get very far, level wise (Lvl 20 Ranger), but I see a lack of anything else to do. I just wish this game was a little more like PSU in it's world building.

All of this. I agree. Yes. Just, all of it. We need bigger hub lobbies to go hang out in, not just 40 blocks of the same ship, over and over and over.

NoiseHERO
Jan 11, 2013, 10:27 AM
I remember before this game came out a lot of people (and by people I mean your friendly neighborhood psycho SEGA fanboys) were all "ugh I hated PSU's lobbies they just wasted space"

Like what year is this game being made in. >___________>

But yeah they can EASILY just make the blocks have different visual lobbies.

An indoor beach like lobby especially. D:

Meji
Jan 11, 2013, 10:39 AM
Value of bikinis and swimtrunks would rise by 200%.

Ezodagrom
Jan 11, 2013, 11:02 AM
I remember before this game came out a lot of people (and by people I mean your friendly neighborhood psycho SEGA fanboys) were all "ugh I hated PSU's lobbies they just wasted space"

Like what year is this game being made in. >___________>

But yeah they can EASILY just make the blocks have different visual lobbies.

I wouldn't want for the lobby system of PSU to return, but different visuals for the lobbies in each block would be nice, maybe the lobby visuals could fit the purpose of the block, like the forest block having a forest theme and such (unlikely to happen though). ^^;

Seany1990
Jan 11, 2013, 11:06 AM
I wouldn't want for the lobby system of PSU to return
Why? What was so bad about having PSUs lobby system? I liked the variety.

Ezodagrom
Jan 11, 2013, 11:29 AM
Why? What was so bad about having PSUs lobby system? I liked the variety.
I didn't like it more because of how each lobby had its own quest list, it either spread the community way too much, or resulted in the great majority only playing in a few popular missions.

Darki
Jan 11, 2013, 11:49 AM
I didn't like it more because of how each lobby had its own quest list, it either spread the community way too much, or resulted in the great majority only playing in a few popular missions.

Yeah, you actually had to walk around and even talk to an NPC to warp you to those lobbies. Teh labour.

About the community spreading, I might understand, but like in all MMOs at the end there's always one area that becomes the centre for most people to gather. I suppose they could simply add the same quests to the quest counter, but honestly, saying that having 20 lobbies (most of them forgotten) separates the community... Then what aout having 50 "blocks"?

About the popular missions, that happens even now in PSO, the only problem being that where we have 7 major missions and 3 TAs, in PSU we'd have over 30 already.

Z-0
Jan 11, 2013, 11:51 AM
At this point I don't care about "non-combat" stuff. This game needs an improve in its actual gameplay. SEGA should focus on that first, before we come up with "more lobbies", "minigames" and ideas such as that.

As much as they'd be nice, I'd feel like I'm not logging onto PSO2 for PSO2, which is rather silly.

Darki
Jan 11, 2013, 11:54 AM
What combat stuff in particular? Personally, the one thing I'm really satisfied with in this game is combat system, I would love that we could cycle through all our 6 subpalettes without having to "equip" them, and maybe more weapon slots, but other than that, it's the first time that I like playing with all classes, more or less, in this franchise.

The Walrus
Jan 11, 2013, 11:58 AM
Making it actually difficult?

Only reason I even die anymore is cause something one shots me out of nowhere or I get stunlocked by the MYRIAD OF FUCKING NORMAL ENEMIES DERPIN IN MAH FACE and then boss takes advantage of it

Seany1990
Jan 11, 2013, 12:17 PM
Making it actually difficult?

Only reason I even die anymore is cause something one shots me out of nowhere or I get stunlocked by the MYRIAD OF FUCKING NORMAL ENEMIES DERPIN IN MAH FACE and then boss takes advantage of it

PSO/PSU and now PSO2 have never had very intelligent AI. I think you're asking for a lot here.

Z-0
Jan 11, 2013, 12:33 PM
What combat stuff in particular? Personally, the one thing I'm really satisfied with in this game is combat system, I would love that we could cycle through all our 6 subpalettes without having to "equip" them, and maybe more weapon slots, but other than that, it's the first time that I like playing with all classes, more or less, in this franchise.
It's more like the "design" of the game really, not necessarily pertaining to the combat itself. For example, how everything is randomly generated, the fields feel like playgrounds instead of going on a quest, MPA'ing is how you "hunt" for items, there's hardly any guaranteed reward, how only one weapon of each category is the "best", etc. etc.

The game is getting old fast because there's hardly anything to hold peoples' attention: SEGA needs to fix this. Bringing out new stuff is just a temporary fix really. What we need is something they bring out that has a lot of longevity. I don't have any specific suggestions myself, but this game is getting old fast and I want to see it improved.

Ezodagrom
Jan 11, 2013, 01:02 PM
Yeah, you actually had to walk around and even talk to an NPC to warp you to those lobbies. Teh labour.

About the community spreading, I might understand, but like in all MMOs at the end there's always one area that becomes the centre for most people to gather. I suppose they could simply add the same quests to the quest counter, but honestly, saying that having 20 lobbies (most of them forgotten) separates the community... Then what aout having 50 "blocks"?

About the popular missions, that happens even now in PSO, the only problem being that where we have 7 major missions and 3 TAs, in PSU we'd have over 30 already.
It's not the part of having to walk around, but more the part of having to go through several loading screens just the reach the mission I want to play.
Also, even with 50 blocks, it's alot easier to know if there's people in a block or not (thanks to the bars showing how many players there are in the block), and it's faster to reach any of the blocks than how it was in PSU, especially when compared to vanilla PSU (if a player wanted to play a mission on a specific planet, and then play a mission in a different planet, the player had to go through a bunch of lobbies and loading screens in AoTI, or, in the case of PSU, having to go through missions that he didn't really want to do just to reach the one he wanted).

The Walrus
Jan 11, 2013, 01:03 PM
PSO/PSU and now PSO2 have never had very intelligent AI. I think you're asking for a lot here.

The problem with it is that back in those games you have few defensive options. In this, god, you have so many defensive options it's ridiculous. Enemies are nowhere near aggressive enough to compensate for all this.

Hell the Banthers, Hunar and maybe Quartz are the only enemies in the game that are actually aggressive and quick enough to really be a threat. Everything else is just pathetic

Enforcer MKV
Jan 11, 2013, 01:14 PM
Hm, well, first off, they need to just flat out improve rare drop rates across the board. I'm not say it should suddenly start raining rares; They need to have it to a level where drop rate boosts are still wanted, hell, most peeps don't even want them now because of just how ungodly bad they really are. But if somebody puts in a week of hard work, or spends over a month grinding a certain enemy, They should have something to show for it, besides a heavier coin purse.

Next, this latent abilities system...it's a nice system in theory, it really is. It's just that it's implementation was a bit sour. The initial ability, I think, should be already unlocked on the weapon, with maybe a 2~3% rate. This would mimic weapon abilities from PSO on a base level. Each time you grind it to +10 and reset the grind limit, you get an additional 2~3% boost. That way, at level 5, you have a 10~15% bonus to your weapon ability. and think up more abilities for weapons to have, and add them to "All" weapons, not just rares.

For 1~6* weapons, maybe just put on a straight Atk up, so in terms of raw power, if you wanted to use a lower level weapon, it's not so gimping. I am "Not" saying make them more powerful than the rares, I'm saying just make it less of a pain to use weapons you think might fit your character from a looks standpoint.

This makes lower tier weapons still applicable for those characters who continue to use them, while still giving rares something unique. Obviously, this depends on what kinds of abilities Sega thinks up, but hey, if they "really" need a base point, they could just copy the abilities from PSO. I don't think a lot of people would complain, because those who never played PSO wouldn't know any better, and those who know better would probably be nostalgia-ing too hard to care. :lol:

...also, grinding. The problem with grinding right now is that even as a paying customer, you have to have a 100% success rate just be feel comfortable with grinds. First give paying players a +30% success rate, just because they're shelling out money for your game, Sega. Yes, 30%. If you treat your paying customers right, they will gush on you and make other people want to pay for real benefits. Next, give players that option to shell out 2x, 3x, even 5x for improved chances, and actually improve their chances. Have them pay a bit more, as well, just not an obscene amount, unless you plan on reversing your "fix" for the economy, then you can ask for a "little" bit more meseta.

xBladeM6x
Jan 11, 2013, 01:47 PM
To be able to purchase the game for $60.00 one time, and then pay a monthly subscription of $5.00-10.00 per month for access to everything in the game, as only good games should be. I enjoy PSO2 a lot, but I'm hating the Free To Play model on all the games that could be 1000x better without it.

Seany1990
Jan 11, 2013, 01:57 PM
To be able to purchase the game for $60.00 one time, and then pay a monthly subscription of $5.00-10.00 per month for access to everything in the game, as only good games should be. I enjoy PSO2 a lot, but I'm hating the Free To Play model on all the games that could be 1000x better without it.

It's an outdated model, SWTOR had such low numbers for a long time because it followed the same model and it was only when they made it F2P that they were able to recover.

Personally I would like it where you pay a baseline fee for the game and everything in the AC store is the same except you buy the gacha items that you want rather than the current scratch system.

MetalDude
Jan 11, 2013, 02:16 PM
The problem with the F2P model in this case is that stupid design decisions were made that even paying can't get around (terrible drop rates, grinding, and affixing outside of 100% setups).

Darki
Jan 11, 2013, 02:16 PM
It's not the part of having to walk around, but more the part of having to go through several loading screens just the reach the mission I want to play.
Also, even with 50 blocks, it's alot easier to know if there's people in a block or not (thanks to the bars showing how many players there are in the block), and it's faster to reach any of the blocks than how it was in PSU, especially when compared to vanilla PSU (if a player wanted to play a mission on a specific planet, and then play a mission in a different planet, the player had to go through a bunch of lobbies and loading screens in AoTI, or, in the case of PSU, having to go through missions that he didn't really want to do just to reach the one he wanted).

I agree with all you said, but if you look at your words you'll notice that the problem wasn't the number of lobbies in itself but everything else in that system.

PSO2 is a very aesthetical game, proof of this is that clothes and other fashionable items are as demanded as any other item and some clothes can be as expensive as the rarest weapons (of course, taking in account the fact that they're AC items, but still clothes used to be relatively cheap until they added yet another aesthetical item, the recolor ticket, that made their prices skyrocket).

People like accessing all missions from the same place (and considering we fly in spaceships that can open wormholes it doesn't get too much out of place that you can go everywhere from a single lobby), but many would love to have some lobbies just for the sake of sightseeing. I would love to have a walk around a non-destroyed Arks city, or a lilipan-populated area in Lilipa, or maybe a dragonkin settlement where the inhabitants don't plan to murder us yet. <_<

Ezodagrom
Jan 11, 2013, 02:18 PM
I agree with all you said, but if you look at your words you'll notice that the problem wasn't the number of lobbies in itself but everything else in that system.

PSO2 is a very aesthetical game, proof of this is that clothes and other fashionable items are as demanded as any other item and some clothes can be as expensive as the rarest weapons (of course, taking in account the fact that they're AC items, but still clothes used to be relatively cheap until they added yet another aesthetical item, the recolor ticket, that made their prices skyrocket).

People like accessing all missions from the same place (and considering we fly in spaceships that can open wormholes it doesn't get too much out of place that you can go everywhere from a single lobby), but many would love to have some lobbies just for the sake of sightseeing. I would love to have a walk around a non-destroyed Arks city, or a lilipan-populated area in Lilipa, or maybe a dragonkin settlement where the inhabitants don't plan to murder us yet. <_<
From the previous page. ^^;

I wouldn't want for the lobby system of PSU to return, but different visuals for the lobbies in each block would be nice, maybe the lobby visuals could fit the purpose of the block, like the forest block having a forest theme and such (unlikely to happen though). ^^;
I have nothing against the aesthetic side of different lobbies, the lobby system in PSU was rather bad though, a nice idea badly implemented.

Darki
Jan 11, 2013, 02:26 PM
Hmm, what about the lobby system after the third update, in JP PSU? To be honest, it was messy as fuck in my opinion, but I suppose it happened because of having to work on a premade setup. Still, I prefer having a centralized area as the "main" one unline in PSU that we had Clyez city being so big and empty at the end (with everybody being in 4th or 5th floor).

But I wouldn't like it being like you say, dependant on block. Simply add a set of lobbies in a planet for each area, and allow the access from the camp ship once you unlock the free exploration mission, maybe.

Ezodagrom
Jan 11, 2013, 02:46 PM
Hmm, what about the lobby system after the third update, in JP PSU? To be honest, it was messy as fuck in my opinion, but I suppose it happened because of having to work on a premade setup. Still, I prefer having a centralized area as the "main" one unline in PSU that we had Clyez city being so big and empty at the end (with everybody being in 4th or 5th floor).

But I wouldn't like it being like you say, dependant on block. Simply add a set of lobbies in a planet for each area, and allow the access from the camp ship once you unlock the free exploration mission, maybe.
Accessible from the camp ship...you mean...small lobbies limited at 4 or 12 players?
That doesn't sound like a good idea honestly, doesn't planet or area settlements replacing the current lobby in specific blocks sound better than that? o-o;

Darki
Jan 11, 2013, 04:03 PM
Oh, not like that, I used the camp ship as the in-between place since it's the transport that takes us from the motherships to each planet. I simply mean that I'd rather have all the available lobbies on the same block, so you're in the docking area and then you just travel to the desired place without needing to change blocks. But they shouldn't have party size limitations, of course.

I just don't like the idea of the main lobby changing shape depending on the block.

xBladeM6x
Jan 11, 2013, 05:32 PM
It's an outdated model, SWTOR had such low numbers for a long time because it followed the same model and it was only when they made it F2P that they were able to recover.

Personally I would like it where you pay a baseline fee for the game and everything in the AC store is the same except you buy the gacha items that you want rather than the current scratch system.

Better model financially or not, I don't think anyone would deny, it would be a more quality / better game. Just sayin'. :P

Darki
Jan 11, 2013, 05:37 PM
Yeah, the problem of a F2P is that there's no real regulation on what constitutes the "premium" package and what not. While it has the benefit of being able to play for free, which is obviously good (I haven't spend money for AC in months, mainly because I had to buy new parts for the computer and I'm broke), the fact that there's no limit on what can they use to drain you of money sometimes is a bit too... vampyric. <_<

If I had money for it I'd rather play a P2P than a F2P with premium functions, to be honest.

Saffran
Jan 11, 2013, 05:40 PM
A pay to play model only brings so much in. A F2P model can let players spend virtually an infinite amount of money. And as saddening as it is, there are some people who will spend 300$ each month in AC scratch just because they can.

Seany1990
Jan 11, 2013, 05:43 PM
A pay to play model only brings so much in. A F2P model can let players spend virtually an infinite amount of money. And as saddening as it is, there are some people who will spend 300$ each month in AC scratch just because they can.

AC Scratch is the only bad thing about the F2P model

Ezodagrom
Jan 11, 2013, 05:43 PM
The F2P model also alows players to be able to play the game without spending anything, or spending less than they would in a monthly subscription based game (like, buying AC or premium once every 2 or 3 months).

Syklo
Jan 11, 2013, 08:06 PM
Accessible from the camp ship...you mean...small lobbies limited at 4 or 12 players?
That doesn't sound like a good idea honestly, doesn't planet or area settlements replacing the current lobby in specific blocks sound better than that? o-o;

Oh, not like that, I used the camp ship as the in-between place since it's the transport that takes us from the motherships to each planet. I simply mean that I'd rather have all the available lobbies on the same block, so you're in the docking area and then you just travel to the desired place without needing to change blocks. But they shouldn't have party size limitations, of course.

I just don't like the idea of the main lobby changing shape depending on the block.

I think what he means is....
Everyone that goes to campship for a freefield of ____ zone, goes through the portal to enter a sub-lobby (instanced) of sorts for that particular zone (on that block/across all blocks?).
After that, you may take an exit point from there to enter one of many MPA instances for that zone.

Put technically:
Lobby > Campship > Zone instance > Smaller MPA instance.
Instance an instance.

Basically, an interactive improvement of the "Search on other blocks" feature

gigawuts
Jan 11, 2013, 08:07 PM
Abduction-style levels as a gametype.

Syklo
Jan 11, 2013, 08:11 PM
Abduction-style levels as a gametype.
Escape-type missions like that in the VITA intro.

Seany1990
Jan 11, 2013, 08:19 PM
The F2P model also alows players to be able to play the game without spending anything, or spending less than they would in a monthly subscription based game (like, buying AC or premium once every 2 or 3 months).

I always assumed that most players would spend less than a sub fee per month on a game. I've played GW2 since launch and PSO2 since August and not spent a penny on microtransactions for either game.

lostinseganet
Jan 11, 2013, 08:24 PM
I want 16 player
I want to henshin
I want mags that can talk to you like apples siri
I want an animated series too :)

Syklo
Jan 11, 2013, 08:30 PM
I want 16 player
I want to henshin
I want mags that can talk to you like apples siri
I want an animated series too :)