PDA

View Full Version : Better resolution??

Redboigoi
Jan 8, 2013, 04:05 PM
Reading randomly threads on here is making me wonder? There's a way to make the game look better than it already does??

Seany1990
Jan 8, 2013, 04:08 PM
Well you can change the resolution using the second box from the top on the launcher. There is a way to change the language of the dialog box to english but it eludes me currently. (On phone so can't test)

Redboigoi
Jan 8, 2013, 04:10 PM
Well you can change the resolution using the second box from the top on the launcher. There is a way to change the language of the dialog box to english but it eludes me currently. (On phone so can't test)

Well, I know that much. I just thought someone made or found a way to boost the game.

Ezodagrom
Jan 8, 2013, 05:25 PM
Reading randomly threads on here is making me wonder? There's a way to make the game look better than it already does??
Depends if you have an AMD or Nvidia graphics card.
For AMD cards it's possible to force anisotropic filtering through the graphics drivers, which makes far away textures look better.

For Nvidia cards, I'm not completely sure since I don't have one, but it should be possible to force anisotropic filtering as well. It's also possible to force ambient occlusion (there's a guide for it in the forums).
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=196162

Ether
Jan 8, 2013, 05:29 PM
There's a file you can edit to change to non standard resolutions. For me it's located in

C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\SEGA

but it may be different depending on your OS and username. Anyways, go there, and find the file named "user.pso2". Make a copy of this before messing with it. You can open this in notepad and edit some settings manually, including resolution.

Meji
Jan 8, 2013, 07:17 PM
As Ezodagrom said, the only way to make it look even better is to force the game into another resolution via the nVidia Control Panel. This will make the edges look smoother (if 16xCSAA isn't enough for you). I usually do this myself, when hunting for nice screen shots (Example (http://meji.se/nedra.jpg)).
Other than that, you can't do much. And SEGA doesn't want us tinkering with the game files, so I'm guessing you're not actually allowed to use custom higher-resolution textures, etc.

Seany1990
Jan 8, 2013, 07:29 PM
And SEGA doesn't want us tinkering with the game files, so I'm guessing you're not actually allowed to use custom higher-resolution textures, etc.

That's never stopped us before ^^