PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 NA/EU Rumor - SEGA Blog

Kuronen
Jan 8, 2013, 06:43 PM
Dunno if there is already information on this available but...I've been following the SEGA America blog for PSO2 and, after a lot of heated words from the fans, something came down from an account by the name of Sonic. It, like all the official company accounts, is a blue-hyperlinked account that leads back to SEGA Japan...

http://blogs.sega.com/2012/07/09/phantasy-star-online-2-is-coming-west/#comment-85397

It's comment 212 and it reads...

"21.2"

This could be the date Feb. 21 2013 or just something else. Figured I'd share for those hopefuls still waiting for the NA/EU release of the game.

RedRaz0r
Jan 8, 2013, 06:47 PM
Interesting...I'm going to dig deeper into this

EDIT: Unfortunately, we'll just have to wait and see. It appears as if he has some relation to Sega, seeing as how his comment number is blue. Still, I'd wait to get my hopes up until an official announcement.

Kuronen
Jan 8, 2013, 06:57 PM

EDIT: Unfortunately, we'll just have to wait and see. It appears as if he has some relation to Sega, seeing as how his comment number is blue. Still, I'd wait to get my hopes up until an official announcement.

Oh I don't have my hopes up per-say. I'm just more curious on if it's an actual date, and wanted to share the rather strange post with everyone. :D

It could just be his post number (212) with a typo (21.2) in it. Or it could be staged that way on purpose. XD It's just kinda funny and I'm hoping to see what it leads to.

I personally don't plan to see PSO2 until the Fall. Just because I like to plan for the worst so if it comes earlier, wewt.

Ezodagrom
Jan 8, 2013, 06:59 PM

The comment number is blue because of the link in the first post, basically the numbers in the comments are clickable, after being clicked the numbers turn blue. Since the link in the first post goes directly to that comment, it counts as clicking in the number.

About the name linking to the SEGA of Japan website, anyone can put a link to any website there by putting the link in the "website" line when comenting there.

Kuronen
Jan 8, 2013, 07:01 PM
The comment number is blue because of the link in the first post, basically the numbers in the comments are clickable, which makes the numbers turn blue. Since the link in the first post goes directly to that comment, it counts as clicking in the number.

About the name linking to the SEGA of Japan website, anyone can put a link to any website there by putting the link in the "website" line when comenting there.

Well, it's still fun to wonder about it. Worse case is it's nothing - which doesn't change the information we already have. Best case it could be something.

Who knows. But that's the purpose of a rumor thread. :-D

Ezodagrom
Jan 8, 2013, 07:03 PM
Well, it's still fun to wonder about it. Worse case is it's nothing - which doesn't change the information we already have. Best case it could be something.

Who knows. But that's the purpose of a rumor thread. :-D
It is nothing, since anyone could have put it there, there's nothing special about that comment.
If anyone from SEGA wanted to give a hint about the release, they would have either used their twitter or facebook pages, or posted it in their forums.

Kuronen
Jan 8, 2013, 07:05 PM
Well, I'm still posting it for those who may find it amusing to ponder about. /shrug.

You don't gotta worry about it since you already know it's nothing.

Meji
Jan 8, 2013, 07:10 PM
I bet it means February 2021.

Kuronen
Jan 8, 2013, 07:15 PM
I bet it means February 2021.

LOL! That would be very fitting for SEGA America methinks. :-o

Syklo
Jan 8, 2013, 07:16 PM
Well played sonic...well played.

Alucard V
Jan 8, 2013, 07:21 PM
I don't doubt that it's coming out so much that I doubt that Sega of America will be as effective of Game Masters as there Japanese counterparts.

jooozek
Jan 8, 2013, 07:39 PM
I don't doubt that it's coming out so much that I doubt that Sega of America will be as effective of Game Masters as there Japanese counterparts.

As if the japanese GMs are effective. Just look around and you will see loads of bots parties, they are usually "playing" floating continent on Ship2. Not to mention the horrible lag in the populated blocks, unplayable lag in the EMs. Are the GMs really effective? Don't think so.

blace
Jan 8, 2013, 07:41 PM
GM? What GM? I have never seen any kind of authoritive figure during their peak hours.

Caledonia
Jan 8, 2013, 08:17 PM
Comment # 215

no

Posted by sonic on January 8th, 2013 at 4:40 pm

~"Sonic"'s following post, after a comment asking if that was a date.

Besides which, Sega accounts are Name0@Sega in the blog...

Seany1990
Jan 8, 2013, 08:39 PM
That date is only 40ish days away. It seems strange to have a game project planned for release so soon without any form of official announcement.

Tenlade
Jan 8, 2013, 08:53 PM
because the stranger who posted a number matching his comment number in a half a year old blog post is secretly sega trying to give a hidden clue.

Man, people are desperate for information.

Rien
Jan 8, 2013, 09:27 PM
because the stranger who posted a number matching his comment number in a half a year old blog post is secretly sega trying to give a hidden clue.

I can certainly see why they are.

Kuronen
Jan 8, 2013, 10:18 PM

Not really. I would be desperate if I couldn't still play on the JP servers.

I do love how people see a rumor thread, and have to make comments like that though. :-P

Macman
Jan 9, 2013, 12:30 AM
People sure are grasping for straws. SoA's got you all by the balls, it seems. :nono:

Skyly
Jan 9, 2013, 01:00 AM
People sure are grasping for straws. SoA's got you all by the balls, it seems. :nono:

If and when this games comes out to the west... hardly anyone will want to play it.. And or everyone will have said F it and play JP

Noblewine
Jan 9, 2013, 01:09 AM
So speculation is still going around about the NA/EU release date? What is Segac doing twiddling their thumbs.....

The Walrus
Jan 9, 2013, 02:11 AM
It's SoA, they give no fucks about PSO2

Sanada Yukimura
Jan 9, 2013, 02:36 AM
How many people will be making the switch from Jp to NA/Eu versions? Just trying to get an idea here i personally don't think i will but who knows. It is really based on whether or not their content is up-to-date.

The Walrus
Jan 9, 2013, 02:38 AM
I'll give the NA release a shot but there's no way in hell they'll get my money until they can prove they won't just fuck up as usual.

RedRaz0r
Jan 9, 2013, 01:18 PM
The comment number is blue because of the link in the first post, basically the numbers in the comments are clickable, after being clicked the numbers turn blue. Since the link in the first post goes directly to that comment, it counts as clicking in the number.

I was afraid of that, but I didn't have another browser to verify if it was just because I had clicked the link - thanks for clearing that up

Shadowth117
Jan 9, 2013, 01:43 PM
I just like the fact that other than this supposed thing here, there hasn't been any mention of PSO2 for forever by SOA. The lack of pre release information about the game for the English audience when the Japanese release was giving updates on things regularly should be very worrying for anyone that's actually interested in the international release of the game.

Its pretty clear even now that Sega doesn't really care about the operation of this game in the west, which is sad because a number of players here have shown themselves to enjoy teh game despite the language barrier and are very excited about the prospect of an English release. Its very likely there would be even more people excited about the game if Sega put any effort at all into advertising it. I see PSO2 banners all the time on Japanese sites, but I don't think I've ever seen actual advertisements for the English version of the game.

Seany1990
Jan 9, 2013, 02:06 PM
How many people will be making the switch from Jp to NA/Eu versions? Just trying to get an idea here i personally don't think i will but who knows. It is really based on whether or not their content is up-to-date.

I plan on playing both with more focus on the NA version. I have a few friends who will be playing the NA version so it should be a blast.

Caledonia
Jan 9, 2013, 02:13 PM
Similarly, I'm waiting for the EU/NA version (most likely EU, if there is a difference between them)

It's probable possible that I'll break down and start playing the JP version before then -but I doubt I'd get any of my regular gaming friends on there -I'm the Phantasy Star fan of the group- so I'd still be playing the western release

Noblewine
Jan 9, 2013, 08:07 PM

Its possible that I might if PSO2 doesn't come to NA. I'll have to start using those guide to help me so I don't accidentally NPC or trash an item I might need.

It's SoA, they give no fucks about PSO2

Touche.

amillz44
Jan 9, 2013, 09:31 PM
Last week I e-mailed SoA directly and today this was the response I got.

Sean, Jan 09 11:11 (PST):

Hello,

Thank you for your input, though we are unable to make any official comments based on speculation. We suggest following online gaming news sites for official announcements or visiting the forums at SEGA.com to discuss things like this with the community.

Regards,
Sean Simons
SEGA of America
Customer Support

Our staff has indicated that they believe this issue is resolved. If you feel it has not been resolved, please reply to this email or follow the link below to update your ticket:

How would you rate the support you received?

Good, I'm satisfied

Bad, I'm unsatisfied

I'm pretty wholly unsatisfied with that.

But fux, what are you gonna do? It's Sega.

Syklo
Jan 9, 2013, 09:37 PM
considering this is your first post...
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/250x250/19022717.jpg

Seany1990
Jan 9, 2013, 09:37 PM
How very underwhelming, he might as well have not responded.

r00tabaga
Jan 9, 2013, 09:38 PM
God I hope it comes here soon. I can't get setup on the Japanese servers and its killing me that I can't play!

Cagedtaytay
Jan 10, 2013, 02:49 AM
Last week I e-mailed SoA directly and today this was the response I got.

Sean, Jan 09 11:11 (PST):

Hello,

Thank you for your input, though we are unable to make any official comments based on speculation. We suggest following online gaming news sites for official announcements or visiting the forums at SEGA.com to discuss things like this with the community.

Regards,
Sean Simons
SEGA of America
Customer Support

Our staff has indicated that they believe this issue is resolved. If you feel it has not been resolved, please reply to this email or follow the link below to update your ticket:

How would you rate the support you received?

Good, I'm satisfied

Bad, I'm unsatisfied

I'm pretty wholly unsatisfied with that.

But fux, what are you gonna do? It's Sega.

Basically, he's saying 'Fuck you, shut up and wait'.

Macman
Jan 10, 2013, 05:12 AM
Basically, he's saying 'Fuck you, shut up and wait'.
Not even that. I'm almost positive that's an automated response to anything with "PSO2" or "Phantasy Star Online 2" in the subject/message.

Kuronen
Jan 10, 2013, 07:04 AM
I'm pretty sure SEGA America is just chuckling and shaking their heads, watching us going to SEGA Japan and their servers.

Then, eventually, they'll go "oh shit, wait, whoa whoa. We can make money?! We need to open this game up!" and then we'll finally get the promised NA/EU information.

Or it'll be Blue Burst and PSU all over again, and I'll be glad I had the brains/experience to just play on the Japan server...Even if I wish I could understand the story as it's happening.

xSeeJay
Jan 10, 2013, 08:23 AM
Even if it does get released in Feb. I may just stick with the JP servers. They've been good to me and if SoA repeats what they did with PSU with PSO2... I'd rather stick with the frequent updates on the JP servers.

Seany1990
Jan 10, 2013, 08:30 AM
Even if it does get released in Feb

There's a fine line between optimism and delusion.

xSeeJay
Jan 10, 2013, 08:41 AM
There's a fine line between optimism and delusion.
What do you mean?

Seany1990
Jan 10, 2013, 09:28 AM
What do you mean?

It's not being released in February.

xSeeJay
Jan 10, 2013, 02:01 PM
It's not being released in February.
I know that. I was saying if it WERE being released.

Freekaysoid
Jan 10, 2013, 04:32 PM
This Game is coming. Why were you able to play it on PAX 2012 ?

in addition you're able to play/test it on japanese server.

so chill and try things out, to be prepared for US / EU release.

source: http://blogs.sega.com/2012/08/09/sega-brings-nine-playable-games-to-pax-prime/

The Walrus
Jan 10, 2013, 04:35 PM
Because obviously things can't change in a couple months :/

That said it will arrive eventually, and be disappointing as usual

Kuronen
Jan 11, 2013, 02:55 AM

source: http://blogs.sega.com/2012/08/09/sega-brings-nine-playable-games-to-pax-prime/

The disappointment is in the fact that Sega of America is making claims that they learned from the past...But they are still repeating the past mistakes of leaving fans in the dark.

It isn't hard, it isn't a HUGE spoiler/leak of information just for them to get on their half-baked half-finished site, their forums, their facebook, or any other media source and go...

"Hey fans, you aren't forgotten! We're still working, and will keep you updated when we can!"

That simple, that freaking simple for an official SEGA team member to just remind the community that they give a crud and want to keep us informed and interested.

Syklo
Jan 11, 2013, 03:06 AM
The disappointment is in the fact that Sega of America is making claims that they learned from the past...But they are still repeating the past mistakes of leaving fans in the dark.

It isn't hard, it isn't a HUGE spoiler/leak of information just for them to get on their half-baked half-finished site, their forums, their facebook, or any other media source and go...

"Hey fans, you aren't forgotten! We're still working, and will keep you updated when we can!"

That simple, that freaking simple for an official SEGA team member to just remind the community that they give a crud and want to keep us informed and interested.
it's been said here. (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2904554&postcount=13)

Kuronen
Jan 11, 2013, 10:07 PM
it's been said here. (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2904554&postcount=13)

I'm aware of what was said there. >.> I linked that thread at the start of the topic. My statement remains though that SEGA America hasn't learned jack from the past.

And all Edward really said was "It'll come when it comes." - He never did anything official or anything else. He even stated he is just the CM and doesn't have any information to give.

And that still doesn't explain the silence on the FB, the half-finished site, or anything else. Naw. SEGA-A still is gonna screw up PSO like they always do imo. S'why I'm sticking on the Japanese server for my serious gaming.

Or as serious as I can be. :D

Syklo
Jan 11, 2013, 10:16 PM
I wouldn't know since I've never experienced any of this "epic fail" that is SoA.
Nor do/did I know who edward was until I made that post.

sofornowireallydon'tcare.

NoiseHERO
Jan 11, 2013, 10:19 PM
I wouldn't know since I've never experienced any of this "epic fail" that is SoA.
Nor do/did I know who edward was until I made that post.

sofornowireallydon'tcare.

You're off the team.

Syklo
Jan 11, 2013, 10:29 PM
You're off the team.
Was I ever on the team?

SociableTyrannosaur
Jan 11, 2013, 10:34 PM
We made a team just so we could add you to it and then later exclude you from it.

soyeahyoureofftheteam

Syklo
Jan 11, 2013, 10:39 PM
We made a team just so we could add you to it and then later exclude you from it.

soyeahyoureofftheteam
At least I got the achievement for joining a team.

Thankyouohmylord.

SociableTyrannosaur
Jan 11, 2013, 10:41 PM
Achievements are on 360 only and they don't carry over, I just checked =(

Jakosifer
Jan 11, 2013, 10:46 PM
You're off the team.

Anime character: That's my line!

Syklo
Jan 11, 2013, 11:50 PM
Achievements are on 360 only and they don't carry over, I just checked =(
No im serious there's an achievement/title in-game when you join a team

Seany1990
Jan 12, 2013, 12:12 AM

If the game is coming or not isn't the issue most of us are having. It's the service SoA should be giving to it's potential customers x<3 months before scheduled release and quite clearly isnt.