PDA

View Full Version : What have you learned about PSO2 mags?

Garrett_TD23
Jan 8, 2013, 09:45 PM
Do they feed similar to the mags on PSO1?

Do the old mag charts for PSO1 apply?

At what levels do they evolve?

Do they have photon blast?

If yes, then what are the best photon blast?

Which mags cause invincibility when you have 1/10 hp, boss fights, etc.?

Which mags cast reverser?

Which mags look the coolest and lamest?

SociableTyrannosaur
Jan 8, 2013, 09:50 PM
There are two or three mag guides in the guides section here. Better to read through that.

Seany1990
Jan 8, 2013, 09:51 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195677

lostinseganet
Jan 8, 2013, 09:54 PM
I learned that they are not digimon. Despite how much I want them to be. I want a talking mag like apples siri.

Mike
Jan 8, 2013, 10:07 PM
My favorite is that you have to spend real money if you want one besides your first.

Magus_84
Jan 8, 2013, 10:09 PM
I learned that they are not digimon. Despite how much I want them to be. I want a talking mag like apples siri.

This is Sega. If you got Siri, you'd also get Apple Maps.

And a per-use AC option to use Google Maps.

Garrett_TD23
Jan 8, 2013, 10:16 PM
My favorite is that you have to spend real money if you want one besides your first.

Don't your character start out with a mag? Can you just recreate a character over and over and have a friend hold onto your mags?

I ask because I'm still waiting on the NA version.

Anduril
Jan 8, 2013, 10:18 PM
Don't your character start out with a mag? Can you just recreate a character over and over and have a friend hold onto your mags?

Nope. You get your Mag from a quest at level 5. Mags are character bound and not treated as an item, and trading items is limited to users with a premium privileges, anyway.

Magus_84
Jan 8, 2013, 10:18 PM

You have to get to level 5 and do a client order (quest) to get a mag.

And mags aren't tradeable (even between characters on your account). And to trade anything, you have to buy a Premium pass.

Garrett_TD23
Jan 8, 2013, 10:25 PM
Wow. That's kind of a deal breaker for me. A huge part of the enjoyment of PSO1 was raising multiple mags at once, using them for trade bait or for your other characters.

Rien
Jan 8, 2013, 11:16 PM
At what levels do they evolve?

30 and 100.

Do they have photon blast?

If yes, then what are the best photon blast?

They do have photon blasts. The best one usually depends on your class, since their damage is based on one of your stats (depending on the blast itself)

Cetus Proi recovers PP fast, so it's kind of a universal most used PB.

Which mags cause invincibility when you have 1/10 hp, boss fights, etc.?

Any mag given the "Invincibility A" device will give a short invincibility period when your photon blast is fully charged.

Which mags cast reverser?
I assume Reverser is the revive tech (I didn't play PSO)...
Any mag given the "Revive A" device. It has a low trigger rate.

Which mags look the coolest and lamest?

IMO this doesn't matter because you would generally be more concerned with the stats you're receiving from it.

blace
Jan 8, 2013, 11:18 PM
30 and 100.

Actually every 5 levels after 30 up to 150. The mag can still change depending on how you feed it.

scarecrow36
Jan 8, 2013, 11:20 PM
Wow. That's kind of a deal breaker for me. A huge part of the enjoyment of PSO1 was raising multiple mags at once, using them for trade bait or for your other characters.

wow lol that's the weakest deal breaker ever...
I love mags more then anyone i know just because you cant trade them doesn't make me like them or the game less

if you want more then one mag spend the cash and get one >_>

Rien
Jan 9, 2013, 01:27 AM
Actually every 5 levels after 30 up to 150. The mag can still change depending on how you feed it.

Assuming you're going a straight route it'll be 30 and 100, lol.

Zenobia
Jan 9, 2013, 01:31 AM
wow lol that's the weakest deal breaker ever...
I love mags more then anyone i know just because you cant trade them doesn't make me like them or the game less

if you want more then one mag spend the cash and get one >_>

This can only fall under one rule scarecrow my friend.

"Those who have the money can"

Yunfa
Jan 9, 2013, 02:36 AM
This can only fall under one rule scarecrow my friend.

"Those who have the money can"

I've bought over 12 mags spread apart of my 3 characters. One for each class combination that I decided to play as, with a set of equips thats usually requires DEF in a class I'm not playing with. Therefore you would have to plan accordingly in order to use the best weapons and armors.

Garrett_TD23
Jan 9, 2013, 06:53 AM
Can you find other mags?

Tyreek
Jan 9, 2013, 07:03 AM
Newp, you have to spend AC for a new mag. Mag Cells? That too.

Garrett_TD23
Jan 9, 2013, 06:34 PM
Let's say I buy a second mag, can I carry both mags at once and switch between them in battle?

Sp-24
Jan 9, 2013, 07:00 PM
Yeah, you can switch them at any time.