PDA

View Full Version : Contents of the 1/9 update!

Sasuga
Jan 9, 2013, 03:46 AM
So to consolidate the questions and stuff. Post here if you know anything that was added/changed from this content patch.

- and if someone could translate what koffie says to you at the very start of logging in to this new patch, that would be cool.
(unless it was for something unrelated to the patch and it showed just for me~)

JP's 1/9 Patch Content Page: (not very informative imo)
http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=785

Sasuga
Jan 9, 2013, 03:49 AM
From what I see, they added the new abduction into "Darker Den" EQ
where if you complete it, your character is cloned as a darker.

Added Abduction
Added New Darker City invade EQ
Added Darker Den Field (probably only for the Abduction though)
http://pso2.jp/players/news/image/element/update20130109/field_ss_01.jpghttp://pso2.jp/players/news/image/element/update20130109/field_ss_02.jpg

Added 2 new types of darkers.
http://pso2.jp/players/news/image/element/update20130109/enemy_ss_01.jpghttp://pso2.jp/players/news/image/element/update20130109/enemy_ss_02.jpg

Added at least 4 new weapons
http://pso2.jp/players/news/image/element/update20130109/weapon_ss_01.jpghttp://pso2.jp/players/news/image/element/update20130109/weapon_ss_02.jpg
http://pso2.jp/players/news/image/element/update20130109/weapon_ss_03.jpghttp://pso2.jp/players/news/image/element/update20130109/weapon_ss_04.jpg

and 2 new Unit Sets.
http://pso2.jp/players/news/image/element/update20130109/weapon_ss_05.jpghttp://pso2.jp/players/news/image/element/update20130109/weapon_ss_06.jpg

suzaku0zero0
Jan 9, 2013, 03:58 AM
gimme the sword !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Z-0
Jan 9, 2013, 04:03 AM
Was hoping for SEGA to sneak something in there to make this a decent update but I guess not. Oh well. \o/

suzaku0zero0
Jan 9, 2013, 04:04 AM
how do u unlock the new map?

Z-0
Jan 9, 2013, 04:05 AM
It appears randomly (yay) when you start a new quest, apparently. According to past updates about this update, it only appears occasionally and there's certain "criteria" you must meet to go there (don't ask me what this means).

suzaku0zero0
Jan 9, 2013, 04:07 AM
It appears randomly (yay) when you start a new quest, apparently. According to past updates about this update, it only appears occasionally and there's certain "criteria" you must meet to go there (don't ask me what this means).

So... its not an emergency quest? like dark faltz boss right?

blace
Jan 9, 2013, 04:10 AM
You have to clear some conditions to get kidnapped by the darkers into the Darkers Den. What they are no one knows yet.

Xaeris
Jan 9, 2013, 04:13 AM
Hopefully, it's more common than parallel areas.

Meji
Jan 9, 2013, 04:13 AM
So it begins...

http://www.watchmojo.com/liveBlogs/blog_arcade/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/star-wars-force-unleashed-2-storm-trooper-fight.jpg

I'm hoping to encounter this new EQ very soon! Seems epic to me, and the rare (nero) version enemies of the new enemies drops the Lambda Ardillo. Just can't wait to get my hands on that!

Kierto
Jan 9, 2013, 04:15 AM
http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=790

If you do the new EQ or Banthers from now until 16th you get 99 Grinders.

There are also set times for them to occur.

Xaeris
Jan 9, 2013, 04:15 AM
God dammit, I knew there was something slipping my mind. I wanted to do the "Begun, the Clone Wars have," shtick.

Sasuga
Jan 9, 2013, 04:26 AM
All i know is that you dont get cloned until your char COMPLETES the abduction event.

HOW to get it to happen is still being debated.
Though it does mention they only try and abduct Elite Arks. (probably ones at lvl cap)

Sasuga
Jan 9, 2013, 04:32 AM
i just heard back from buddies, if you get Koffies announcement when you log in, it's about there have been instances of Elite Arks Members being attacked by other ARKS.
and that you are now an elite and fill the criteria of the ones being attacked.

apparently you get that message if you qualify to be abducted.
i had buddies log in that didnt get the message and they are lower level.

For Reference:
I'm lvl 48 hunter and 33 fighter (just started the game 15 days ago and i'm addicted)
I dont know the cutoff yet or if its even related to lvl, it could be if you have ruins unlocked for all i know, or any number of qualifications. Post here with info if you get it~

NoiseHERO
Jan 9, 2013, 04:33 AM
I got this message. :0

Brb needa make autowords.

Also I was level 40 gunner when I logged in, even though my fighter is 50...

Meji
Jan 9, 2013, 04:42 AM
I got this message. :0
You are the chosen one. The one who will lead the world to salvation and peace.

SallySalSal
Jan 9, 2013, 04:43 AM
Got the msg~
49 is my highest lvl char.

terrell707
Jan 9, 2013, 04:46 AM
Lvl 44 Force and got the message. Also couldn't someone just spam starting missions to try and get the Darker's to attack?

NoiseHERO
Jan 9, 2013, 05:01 AM
Lvl 44 Force and got the message. Also couldn't someone just spam starting missions to try and get the Darker's to attack?

My assumption is that the "criteria" you have to meet in order for this mission to happen prevents people from being able to do this.

Maybe you have to do a certain amount of missions and/or get a certain rank on them(like you have to s-rank whatever mission so you can't just boss rush till it "unlocks.")

Heat Haze
Jan 9, 2013, 05:09 AM
I just fought clones. My God, they have unreal amounts of HP but they hit so weak. Also, they can weak bullet you.

In addition, they seem to ALWAYS drop Photon Spheres. Sweeeet. Will post screens later.

gigawuts
Jan 9, 2013, 05:11 AM
Lol, I don't meet the elite criteria. I'm not sure what it is, but it's evidently not having a level 50 character, sranking a buttload of missions in the last 7 days, owning or +10ing a 10*, etc.

edit: Oh, whoop, looks like I misunderstood when the message shows up. I got some prompt when I spoke to the quest counter lady.

zerolegends
Jan 9, 2013, 05:14 AM
I just fought clones. My God, they have unreal amounts of HP but they hit so weak. Also, they can weak bullet you.

In addition, they seem to ALWAYS drop Photon Spheres. Sweeeet. Will post screens later.

Why dont you share some info for the people in the dark.. howd u get into the quest?
do u need to clear other quests or can i just spam missions at the counter?

gigawuts
Jan 9, 2013, 05:16 AM
Yeah, it'd be good to know what mission you were in. Arks quest? Free field? TA? Was it a parallel-capable mission, etc?

Heat Haze
Jan 9, 2013, 05:18 AM
Why dont you share some info for the people in the dark.. howd u get into the quest?

It was a random E Code while I was doing Subdue Caterdran. (The announcer just says "Emergency Code: Clone" so blatantly)

Few darkers spawned, then 4 NPCs also spawned; none that I recognize (i.e. No one on my team / friends list)

As for the trigger, I dunno. Was spamming quests. I found two parallels before that; if it means anything at all.

Cabernet
Jan 9, 2013, 05:18 AM

Getting into the new map to do the quest for a clone is different from fighting a clone on the field. The field clones are just normal E Trials. In this case it's Emergency Code: Clone.

zerolegends
Jan 9, 2013, 05:23 AM
It was a random E Code while I was doing Subdue Caterdran. (The announcer just says "Emergency Code: Clone" so blatantly)

Few darkers spawned, then 4 NPCs also spawned; none that I recognize (i.e. No one on my team / friends list)

As for the trigger, I dunno. Was spamming quests. I found two parallels before that; if it means anything at all.

2 Parallel worlds... i was afraid youd say that...

Cabernet
Jan 9, 2013, 05:27 AM
2 Parallel worlds... i was afraid youd say that...

They're just random. I've never been in a parallel world and I've found the code doing v.hard 1st floating continent quest.

zerolegends
Jan 9, 2013, 05:30 AM
They're just random. I've never been in a parallel world and I've found the code doing v.hard 1st floating continent quest.

God dammit... seems like theres no definite answer yet... wish sega would stop being so vague..

Keii
Jan 9, 2013, 05:31 AM
I didn't get the message from Coffee (50/50, all story quests done etc.), but I got the info that a "????" quest has been unlocked when I spoke to the quest counter lady.

Sparzyle
Jan 9, 2013, 05:31 AM
Lol, I don't meet the elite criteria. I'm not sure what it is, but it's evidently not having a level 50 character, sranking a buttload of missions in the last 7 days, owning or +10ing a 10*, etc.

edit: Oh, whoop, looks like I misunderstood when the message shows up. I got some prompt when I spoke to the quest counter lady.
I shall quote myself from the other thread

From @sega_pso2 twitter

【お知らせ】本日のメンテナンス適用以降、特定条件により、クエスト「?????」が解放され たと誤ったメ ッセージが表示される不具合を確認しておりますが、こちらは表示のみの不具合であり、ゲームの 進行には影響 はありません。

Apparently just an error which doesn't affect anything (didn't got that message with my Lv24 HUcaseal and I have only unlocked Hard)

and I feel sad clone thing being VH only :c like that parallel area thing...
Koffie's message and the Quest Counter notification aren't related I think, the quest counter thing is just an error

Keii
Jan 9, 2013, 05:33 AM
Oh, you get the Coffee's message when trying to enter the ship.
She says nothing about "Elite" Arks, アークス集団 means "Arks group", nothing more. But yeah, you're likely to be attacked and it's a warning.

Cabernet
Jan 9, 2013, 05:35 AM
God dammit... seems like theres no definite answer yet... wish sega would stop being so vague..

I think what you're trying to get is that there are two new clone related events in this update. One, is when you get cloned. You get transferred to a new area or something and do the mission there. The conditions to get kidnapped is still undefined.
The other event is where you fight clones of people kidnapped previously. I assume this event takes the form of a normal emergency code as I haven't done anything special beforehand. It looks like a normal red emergency code like code destruction.

Heat Haze
Jan 9, 2013, 05:43 AM
Just had clones again.

Seems to me that I'm fighting pre-sets, so to speak. Clones sure, but not of any actual players. Ran into a Clone named "Ein" twice now.

Also, they can PB

gigawuts
Jan 9, 2013, 05:44 AM
They're probably the first players to be abducted, ha ha.

~Inu~
Jan 9, 2013, 05:47 AM
You need to be abducted for your clones to be on the possible clones for the code.
From what I understand friendlisted clones have higher drop rate (and yourself even more)

Yet there's still no information about the den. Does it happen before or after a mission? Wish someone would get it and try to describe when it happened. Can't even find anything on 2ch.

Keii
Jan 9, 2013, 05:57 AM
They're probably the first players to be abducted, ha ha.
Someone on the Abducted and Cloned (http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%82%A2%E3%83%96%E3%83%80%E3%82%AF%E3% 82%B7%E3%83%A7%E3%83%B3%C3%97%E3%82%AF%E3%83%AD%E3 %83%BC%E3%83%B3) wiki page said that he checked the cloned player via the arks search and it didn't exist though.

WBMike
Jan 9, 2013, 05:58 AM
You need to be abducted for your clones to be on the possible clones for the code.
From what I understand friendlisted clones have higher drop rate (and yourself even more)

Yet there's still no information about the den. Does it happen before or after a mission? Wish someone would get it and try to describe when it happened. Can't even find anything on 2ch.
All they say is that it happens at the start of a quest, they didn't say which quest though.

I would believe it happens as soon as you enter the Camp Ship, or about to head to the pool.

Someone on the Abducted and Cloned (http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%82%A2%E3%83%96%E3%83%80%E3%82%AF%E3% 82%B7%E3%83%A7%E3%83%B3%C3%97%E3%82%AF%E3%83%AD%E3 %83%BC%E3%83%B3) wiki page said that he checked the cloned player via the arks search and it didn't exist though.

Makes sense the first clones are NPCs Sega created.

gigawuts
Jan 9, 2013, 06:08 AM
So the hunar EMQ is up, and just ran into 3 clones in area 1. Photon spheres off all 3. The fighter's damage was a joke, but man those forces flinch like the dickens.

~Inu~
Jan 9, 2013, 06:15 AM
I found them too, their omen is just like the code for red disrection,avoid,rescue but it had a cheesy sound effect that sounded like a UFO tractor beam...

consume
Jan 9, 2013, 06:20 AM
Wow..falz hunar hits like a truck. I hope there are more bosses like him coming

gigawuts
Jan 9, 2013, 06:22 AM
Level 50 hunar + level 50 fish = lolwtf

Doesn't help that every single thing is lag teleporting on top of it.

Syklo
Jan 9, 2013, 06:55 AM
Gawd Hunar was a pain...especially when having to deal with another 5 Kuklonahdas and 12 other dagachas!!!.

In the end I failed by time limit. ;_;
Got the elite ark message warning thing when I logged in, surprised some people didn't get it.
Could it be linked to something in the play records? Like playtime, enemies killed, quests completed?

Any tips for Hunar? Much more annoying than banther....

Vashyron
Jan 9, 2013, 06:56 AM
That was brilliant. The first ever boss that changes music midfield when you encounter him and all I managed to hear was 95% of those magnificent Panic Drums and I'm not even exaggerating. Considering I was at full HP and such for the majority and still they played I'm not even sure what to think.

Though another Run which I managed to die once in didn't have it playing at all... ok.

But hey, considering I haven't even bothered to do the story segment Hunar is in it, facing him for the first time was cool. Hoping he spawns outside the EM now like Ragne does.

Dextro
Jan 9, 2013, 06:56 AM
Some things to note:
- You can lock on to his sword and 'break' it, which sends him out that rage mode. I've never fought him in Story mode, so...idk if that's common knowledge or not.

A teammate also managed to get a unit:
http://s7.postimage.org/9sclptkxn/pso20130109_115201_001.png

gigawuts
Jan 9, 2013, 06:57 AM
Well, that was the entire update for most of us. New weapons seem to be untradeable, and abductions, well lol.

Dana
Jan 9, 2013, 06:59 AM
Well I managed to play with one of the worst teams I've ever played with. First they spent hours killing a boss that is able to spawn in ruins. Waste of time there in my opinion, but meh, that's just me. Leaving 5 minutes to fight that roided up Hunar

Those fish really give me a twitch...

zerolegends
Jan 9, 2013, 07:00 AM
This is starting to annoy me... Been through Countless times spammed so many quests yet no new map ... the FUQ!!!

Syklo
Jan 9, 2013, 07:02 AM
Some things to note:
- You can lock on to his sword and 'break' it, which sends him out that rage mode. I've never fought him in Story mode, so...idk if that's common knowledge or not.

A teammate also managed to get a unit:
http://s7.postimage.org/9sclptkxn/pso20130109_115201_001.png

An elder unit?

CelestialBlade
Jan 9, 2013, 07:02 AM
Think I'll wait until a methodology gets figured out. Fucking sick and tired of all this new content being random and undefined. I'd be so pissed if I were a programmer or graphic artist for Sega, knowing some players may never see my work.

Xaelouse
Jan 9, 2013, 07:05 AM
An elder unit?

except switch t-def with r-def

NoiseHERO
Jan 9, 2013, 07:15 AM
Think I'll wait until a methodology gets figured out. Fucking sick and tired of all this new content being random and undefined. I'd be so pissed if I were a programmer or graphic artist for Sega, knowing some players may never see my work.

this.

Skye-Fox713
Jan 9, 2013, 07:18 AM
Here's some shots of Clones, from what I could see for the time being they are the "preset" looks for the classes. In these are shown the RAcast default, FOnewral, and HUcaseal. They were also named numerically spelled out like Second, third, and Fourth.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y237/Ghost713/Phantasy%20Star/pso20130109_042245_000.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y237/Ghost713/Phantasy%20Star/pso20130109_042357_001.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Xaelouse
Jan 9, 2013, 07:21 AM

I find this hilarious. As of now, it's back to idling until Falz-whoever

Seraphus
Jan 9, 2013, 07:27 AM

Good luck with never seeing it then. Randomness and things such as "rares" exist because they want you to spend more time playing.

Kirine
Jan 9, 2013, 07:30 AM
I soloed Falz Hunar on VH as a GU/RA. The fight isn't bad. I beat him with little difficulty.

If you're a GU/RA, no surprise that chain + WB makes quick work but here's some fun tips:

Most of his attacks can be avoided by going around him. If you try to backpedal or flip away, he will most likely hit you since his attack seems to have a longer reach from the front and back.

The butterflies seem random but 1-2 will home unto you if you are close. Best to use invincibility frames for that.

His sword combo has long reach but his movements to you are easily read.

If you're low on hp, hiding behind cars or buildings will make hunar a bit stupid enough to use some mates before he figures out what to do.

With that sad, an interesting boss fight and you have unlimited tries should you die and mess up.

CelestialBlade
Jan 9, 2013, 07:51 AM
Good luck with never seeing it then. Randomness and things such as "rares" exist because they want you to spend more time playing.
It's confusing though. Me "playing more" doesn't necessarily have any incentive for Sega given that I'm not a paying customer, and there's no reason for me to be one in this case given there's nothing in the cash shop that would decrease the random element. It's just baffling how frustrating the RNG is whether you're a paying customer or not, so why even do it that way? I'm on the edge of losing interest and updates like these aren't giving me much reason to stick with it.

That and everything is code, in the end. Either there's a trigger pattern or it's literally a RAND argument. If nobody can figure out anything within a few days, I'll assume it's the latter. I'm still gonna play but I may as well see if there's a particular way to see new content before I start trying potentially-useless ideas that only make me more frustrated with the idea.

I'm not trying to turn this thread into a negative Sega debate, I just *really* do not understand making all the recent content completely random. That's not how you keep a playerbase when there's not much else to do anyway.

NoiseHERO
Jan 9, 2013, 08:00 AM

and this mindset is exactly why you get to enjoy running the same 7 missions until the RNG rolls in your favor.

Meanwhile everyone that isn't insane wants something that we can actually work towards instead of gamble towards/wait for THEN gamble towards.

raiden55
Jan 9, 2013, 08:05 AM
about RNG, I still haven't saw a parallel world, is there triggers for those ?

plasism
Jan 9, 2013, 08:05 AM
I gotta ask, this being 'elite' thing. Does it unlock the chance to be abducted? Or to be abducted you have to be elite?

To make myself more clear. I'm sure alot of us got that message from Koffie and/or the ???? unlocked message, however is that intended from us having unlocked our VH or some other prerequisite in that we're elite? Or isit like my latter question, in that we unlock the thing by default, however to get abducted, we have to be elite?

BIG OLAF
Jan 9, 2013, 08:10 AM
about RNG, I still haven't saw a parallel world, is there triggers for those ?

Nope, just be in a single-party mission/area. Everything else is, yeah, you guessed it-

RANDOMLY GENERATED.

xSeeJay
Jan 9, 2013, 08:13 AM
Was hoping for SEGA to sneak something in there to make this a decent update but I guess not. Oh well. \o/

Decent? This update is amazing. We get to fight ourselves.. Thats all I was looking forward to but with the new weapons and area; I'm just getting more for my gigabyte (since we don't pay money to play).

WBMike
Jan 9, 2013, 08:16 AM
I gotta ask, this being 'elite' thing. Does it unlock the chance to be abducted? Or to be abducted you have to be elite?

To make myself more clear. I'm sure alot of us got that message from Koffie and/or the ???? unlocked message, however is that intended from us having unlocked our VH or some other prerequisite in that we're elite? Or isit like my latter question, in that we unlock the thing by default, however to get abducted, we have to be elite?

When you meet the criteria for being "elite" or "excellent" or "superior", there is a chance your campship gets taken over at the start of a quest.

plasism
Jan 9, 2013, 08:18 AM
When you meet the criteria for being "elite" or "excellent" or "superior", there is a chance your campship gets taken over at the start of a quest.

Thats the thing... How do we know we haven't already unlocked it from seeing koffie's message? Maybe we're considered elite for just being lvl 50, or unlocking the VH quest? Since it was never specific on what is 'elite'. Meaning we might get abducted at anytime after seeing koffie's message?

On another note, I'm pretty sure SEGA wouldn't want to interupt us when we're doing certain matters,so I feel that its unlikely they would allow the abduction event to happen before entering an EQ or TA. That leaves the question of whether they would allow you to get abducted before entering Free explores MPA, or only arks quests?

Kierto
Jan 9, 2013, 08:24 AM
There are still no reports on 2ch or the uploaders of Darkersnest happening to anyone yet...

Either this is some other crapshot Parallel Area 0.0001% chance, a bug, or it's not yet been 'unlocked' (tied to clone code/EQ?). In general this update is just...

New 10* Launcher is weaker than Cannon Legacy and SSPN.
New 10* TMG is weaker than Yasminkov and 13 points stronger base R-ATK (419) than Mizer Bullet (which then trumps it with Varda Set anyway..).
New 10* Hunar Sword is strongest in the game atm, 479 base S-ATK, grinds to 900.

So obvious that this wasted potential of a game is being drip-fed until post-Vita release.. May as well just idle until EQ.

WBMike
Jan 9, 2013, 08:26 AM
Thats the thing... How do we know we haven't already unlocked it from seeing koffie's message? Maybe we're considered elite for just being lvl 50, or unlocking the VH quest? Since it was never specific on what is 'elite'. Meaning we might get abducted at anytime after seeing koffie's message?
It's hard to answer the question at this point because Sakai refuses to specify what the criteria is. Since Koffee's message says you may get attacked, (and from my understanding, not everyone on this board received that message,) then Yes that might be the message that enables the event. However, I think you should wait a few more days until we know for sure.

Sakai has left it up for players to figure out how to get selected.

Reiketsu
Jan 9, 2013, 08:33 AM
You probably have to spend a shitload of AC to be considered elite, lol

Ce'Nedra
Jan 9, 2013, 08:44 AM
It's hard to answer the question at this point because Sakai refuses to specify what the criteria is. Since Koffee's message says you may get attacked, (and from my understanding, not everyone on this board received that message,) then Yes that might be the message that enables the event. However, I think you should wait a few more days until we know for sure.

Sakai has left it up for players to figure out how to get selected.

People are to spoiled with getting told how to do and obtain everything. I don't mind it for once that Sakai tells us to figured it out ourselfs. Just like good old times back in the day where you had to struggle on games cause there was no online website that gave info on how to get past a difficult part.

I wonder if the banther EM will spawn more this week as well at random.

Rien
Jan 9, 2013, 08:49 AM
People are to spoiled with getting told how to do and obtain everything. I don't mind it for once that Sakai tells us to figured it out ourselfs. Just like good old times back in the day where you had to struggle on games cause there was no online website that gave info on how to get past a difficult part.

I wonder if the banther EM will spawn more this week as well at random.

Everyone's just tired of facing a new RNG system, okay?

I mean, we've had to face:

Rare items
Rare mobs
Rare maps (parallel areas)
Grinding
Affixing
(AC/FUN) Scratch

Now we have Rare Quests. The least we can hope for is to be told how it works, lol.

Ce'Nedra
Jan 9, 2013, 08:51 AM
Everyone's just tired of facing a new RNG system, okay?

I mean, we've had to face:

Rare items
Rare mobs
Rare maps (parallel areas)
Grinding
Affixing
(AC/FUN) Scratch

Now we have Rare Quests. The least we can hope for is to be told how it works, lol.

RNG is diffrent then a quest that spawns after meeting certain conditions if you ask me. It has nothing to do with RNG at first. You just need to figure out how to be able to "unlock" said quest. After that RNG kicks in again with spawning it yes or no.

Tyreek
Jan 9, 2013, 08:53 AM
I'm surprised that they haven't fixed that EQ bug this update. I thought the Fang Banther EQ was up when I logged on, so I played it with someone who had a party up. Turns out after putting 2 and 2 together after dying trying to solo it after, this was the bug that was talked about. It didn't even go away. I better not get banned for that shit.

Ce'Nedra
Jan 9, 2013, 09:01 AM
I'm surprised that they haven't fixed that EQ bug this update. I thought the Fang Banther EQ was up when I logged on, so I played it with someone who had a party up. Turns out after putting 2 and 2 together after dying trying to solo it after, this was the bug that was talked about. It didn't even go away. I better not get banned for that shit.

Which bug you refering to? Only "bug" I know is doing multiple falz with alt accounts~ NEver seen a bug in Banther EQ

Rien
Jan 9, 2013, 09:03 AM
New strongest sword, still weaker than Elysion? ._.

gigawuts
Jan 9, 2013, 09:06 AM

Is there an 11* sword? No? Does elysion have sword PA's? No? Does elysion have base stats of hunter? No? Does elysion have hunter skilltree like most 10* swords? No?

Then stop that.

Ce'Nedra
Jan 9, 2013, 09:07 AM

Well if the new sword is a 10* then sure, since Elysion is a 11*. Heck even Psycho Wand beats most if not all swords with its 800 S-atk.

Bellion
Jan 9, 2013, 09:10 AM
I'm going to assume you have to pair up with other selected people. Any non-selected in the party may or may not reduce the chance of being abducted to 0.

redroses
Jan 9, 2013, 09:12 AM
Just checked the uploader, and the first pictures of the new mission arrived. However they are all from the same person.

Ezodagrom
Jan 9, 2013, 09:21 AM
Bah...disappointed that there's no field version of the new area, the area is only available in the abduction quest, but I guess it was to be expected. :\

bardiche
Jan 9, 2013, 09:25 AM
Got hit by code clone completely unprepared while leveling a poorly equipped lvl 21 TE/FO.

It was a dude in a swimsuit that swings a Lambda Aristin at me for 90% of my HP (150% of my HP if he Sonic Arrows) and all my techs ping him for 1 dmg per hit (my gunslash shots do like 7 though).

Only killed him through burn damage that does 333 per tick.
I'm gonna keep my distance from any clones from now on, lol.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/sv1Vh.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Keii
Jan 9, 2013, 10:32 AM
Someone on the PSO2 jp wiki says that he got abducted while retrying a TA quest after clearing it. 1 hour limit, clones and Hunar were the boss.

consume
Jan 9, 2013, 10:44 AM
This emergency has so many codes....and so many mobs spawning. It should be like this ALL the time. Two zesh and a rig before we even get to hunar. Awesome.

Alenoir
Jan 9, 2013, 10:54 AM
and from my understanding, not everyone on this board received that message

I got that message, and all I did was wondering around the gate area. To be specific, I was DC'd in the middle of a TA yesterday, log back into the middle of the gate area, and was heading over to my shop to collect money when the message happened.

Edit: In case it matters, I've killed Falz more than once and have gotten Elder weapons off him (and the arms).

Dnd
Jan 9, 2013, 11:02 AM
I got the message from koffee when I logged in, although if that enables the 'elite' arks flag which allows you to be kidnapped, I think they made a mistake :D

Vintasticvin
Jan 9, 2013, 11:19 AM
So when is X's clone did you get attacked by thread comming up... Imagine fighting a group of bikini wearing clones xD funny stuff to look fotward to.

suzaku0zero0
Jan 9, 2013, 11:24 AM
anyone got a Zan Series (Unit)? where do u get it and what are its basic stats?

Z-0
Jan 9, 2013, 11:52 AM
The Zan units require 566 S-Def to wear, and they give a good amount of defense (137 S-Def, 161 R-Def, 108 T-Def; all base values). They are 9* and are obtained after clearing a Clone Code.

Set effect is unknown at the moment. EDIT: PP+5 in a set, and 20 to all attacks. Pretty trash unit set unless you really want defense.

Tyreek
Jan 9, 2013, 12:05 PM
Which bug you refering to? Only "bug" I know is doing multiple falz with alt accounts~ NEver seen a bug in Banther EQ

I just logged on recently. Its still tagged to my mission list.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y172/BitMakoto22/pso20130109_115843_000_zps2faedce3.jpg

The irony burns me, because I can get over 3-4 COs done with JUST that mission. But I dare not even try it. I'm too paranoid, knowing that SEGA is paranoid about crap out of their control, and smack the ban hammer without a second thought.

Z-0
Jan 9, 2013, 12:06 PM
That is Marathon Training: Naberius which is a TA quest... It is not Subdue Fang Banther. ._.

Tyreek
Jan 9, 2013, 12:13 PM
Wait... Are you serious? O_O I never did TA missions before, so when I saw this, I assumed this was an EQ. I never got to do that mission.

... Fail.

zerolegends
Jan 9, 2013, 04:57 PM
Sooo nobodys found a solid way to do it yet... Dammit

WBMike
Jan 9, 2013, 05:05 PM
Sooo nobodys found a solid way to do it yet... Dammit

Current theory: S rank clear a quest, then start a TA quest and head to the gate and wait until the countdown timer finishes.

zerolegends
Jan 9, 2013, 06:37 PM
Current theory: S rank clear a quest, then start a TA quest and head to the gate and wait until the countdown timer finishes.

i think it all just comes down to luck in the end...

Z-0
Jan 9, 2013, 06:43 PM
It does come down to luck, but the point is that you have to actually clear something first, then go into TA.

Cyron Tanryoku
Jan 9, 2013, 06:46 PM
Not lucky so far, think we can just keep restarting the TA or have to s rank another quest again?

Z-0
Jan 9, 2013, 06:51 PM
I believe you'll have to S-Rank another quest.

I forgot to add, the wiki here says that they S-Rank cleared, then went to lobby, then went into a TA quest. You might have to do that, but I don't think so.

zerolegends
It does come down to luck, but the point is that you have to actually clear something first, then go into TA.

I did just that....

WBMike
Not lucky so far, think we can just keep restarting the TA or have to s rank another quest again?

That's the current theory; S rank a quest > TA Quest > Quit > S Rank a Quest > TA Quest > Quit.

They specifically S rank Za Oodan quest

Also would like to know whether or not you got Koffee's message?

Z-0
Yes,

it's not 100%.

Gotta be lucky, lol.

zerolegends
Jan 9, 2013, 06:55 PM
That's the current theory; S rank a quest > TA Quest > Quit > S Rank a Quest > TA Quest > Quit.

They specifically S rank Za Oodan quest

Also would like to know whether or not you got Koffee's message?

Yeh i got the Message and the weird thing from the quest counter about the ???? stuff also I think ill try that

CelestialBlade
Jan 9, 2013, 07:08 PM
Trying it a few times myself. No luck thus far, but worth a shot.

Update: Up to 10 tries, no luck, already bored. Maybe later.

zerolegends
Jan 9, 2013, 07:14 PM
Btw can anyone show me the Wiki that everyones talking about?

WBMike
Jan 9, 2013, 07:18 PM
http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%82%A2%E3%83%96%E3%83%80%E3%82%AF%E3% 82%B7%E3%83%A7%E3%83%B3%C3%97%E3%82%AF%E3%83%AD%E3 %83%BC%E3%83%B3

Here.

Cyron Tanryoku
Jan 9, 2013, 07:51 PM
I'm takin a break, did about 15 S Ranks and no go.
Did see some clones though

Z-0
Jan 9, 2013, 08:40 PM
Just did an hour straight of Za Oodan with TA in the middle. No go.

とりあえずなんでも(だいたいザウーダン)VHをSランククリア後に「シップ内から受注してカウントだけ」 を繰り返しているんだが、7時間ぶっ通しでやっても出なかったぞ・・・150はやったのに・・ ・

7 hours straight and no Den for this poor chap. o.- (Assuming I'm reading it right).

Syklo
Jan 9, 2013, 08:45 PM
The Zan units require 566 S-Def to wear, and they give a good amount of defense (137 S-Def, 161 R-Def, 108 T-Def; all base values). They are 9* and are obtained after clearing a Clone Code.

Set effect is unknown at the moment. EDIT: PP+5 in a set, and 20 to all attacks. Pretty trash unit set unless you really want defense.

566 S-def???
Omagosh........that's......
http://www.funnydictionary.com/img/entry_images/900/vr7KUExgR8r.jpg
Unless I invest 90 S-def into my mag...

Hell no

Kirine
Jan 9, 2013, 08:50 PM
Just did an hour straight of Za Oodan with TA in the middle. No go.

7 hours straight and no Den for this poor chap. o.- (Assuming I'm reading it right).

Do clones appear in Za Oodan quest?

Z-0
Jan 9, 2013, 08:51 PM
No, they do not.

Angry_Ryudo
Jan 9, 2013, 08:52 PM
Do clones appear in Za Oodan quest?

I don't think so. But I've seen them in Fangulf mission.

Vintasticvin
Jan 9, 2013, 08:55 PM
566 S-def???
Omagosh........that's......
http://www.funnydictionary.com/img/entry_images/900/vr7KUExgR8r.jpg
Unless I invest 90 S-def into my mag...

Hell no

You might not have to jack up mag defense if they ever raise the cap after all the game is still growing and has yet to reach the end of the story :D

Syklo
Jan 9, 2013, 09:06 PM
You might not have to jack up mag defense if they ever raise the cap after all the game is still growing and has yet to reach the end of the story :D
Unless they jack up the stats per level after 50 similar to PA's after lv10........

3 defense per level is not nice enough.

Vintasticvin
Jan 9, 2013, 09:07 PM
Unless they jack up the stats per level after 50 similar to PA's after lv10........

3 defense per level is not nice enough.

Ouch, thats a slap in the junk.

zerolegends
Jan 9, 2013, 09:34 PM
been going at it for nearly 2 hours now... nothing....

MetalDude
Jan 9, 2013, 09:39 PM
Considering the lack of success stories here, this is really disheartening. Wish Sega wasn't so stupidly cryptic about this.

Mysterious-G
Jan 9, 2013, 10:42 PM
Imo, there is no reason left to doubt the described method to be the way to make it happen. Is 2 hour-long hunting really to be considered long? I mean, hey, this is a rare mission, after all. Heck, the Phantom missions in PSU had a chance to appear after every run, but hunting them was nonsense cause they were not meant to be hunted due to the RNG. They happened often enough, but you could not enforce them if you wanted.

Yeah, I am being negative about this to some, but, just like the parallel areas, I think you would be better off just waiting for it to happen.

CelestialBlade
Jan 9, 2013, 10:45 PM
THIS HUNTING IS SO MUCH FUN GUYS.

Fucking hell, Sakai, just let me do your goddamn mission already.

terrell707
Jan 9, 2013, 10:48 PM
The mission appearing when a TA starts makes the most sense. Its the only way to control the party so that part of them doesn't leave for the mission while the others are still in the lobby. Think about it like this, if it wasn't to appear during a TA, what would happen if 2 members of the party started the mission while one was still in the lobby while the other was still on the campship and then the Darkers took it over? Then only that one person would be able to do the mission. So it appearing during a TA makes the most sense.

Enforcer MKV
Jan 9, 2013, 10:51 PM
THIS HUNTING IS SO MUCH FUN GUYS.

Fucking hell, Sakai, just let me do your goddamn mission already.

Spent two hours hunting it with Cornelia. Eh, don't see it happening unless you put in a weeks worth of time. At least.

Syklo
Jan 9, 2013, 10:52 PM
The mission appearing when a TA starts makes the most sense. Its the only way to control the party so that part of them doesn't leave for the mission while the others are still in the lobby. Think about it like this, if it wasn't to appear during a TA, what would happen if 2 members of the party started the mission while one was still in the lobby while the other was still on the campship and then the Darkers took it over? Then only that one person would be able to do the mission. So it appearing during a TA makes the most sense.
That, and wasn't the gate also closed during the update preview video when those arks got abducted?

Should imply that they were about to start a TA

terrell707
Jan 9, 2013, 10:55 PM
That, and wasn't the gate also closed during the update preview video when those arks got abducted?

Should imply that they were about to start a TA

You're right, the gate was closed. So i guess the only other way it could happen without a TA is if someone was to start a mission, go to the campship, and then the gate closed and stayed closed. But that would result in people just spamming missions until they saw that the gate was closed so I think TA is the best bet.

Cyron Tanryoku
Jan 9, 2013, 10:56 PM
Imo, there is no reason left to doubt the described method to be the way to make it happen. Is 2 hour-long hunting really to be considered long? I mean, hey, this is a rare mission, after all. Heck, the Phantom missions in PSU had a chance to appear after every run, but hunting them was nonsense cause they were not meant to be hunted due to the RNG. They happened often enough, but you could not enforce them if you wanted.

Yeah, I am being negative about this to some, but, just like the parallel areas, I think you would be better off just waiting for it to happen.
I found 2 parallels today

Xaeris
Jan 9, 2013, 10:56 PM
The thing about the illusionary missions though was that you didn't have to do anything out of your way to roll your chance at them. You finished your mission, got dumped back into the lobby and when everyone returned to the counter (it wasn't really a counter, but you know what I mean) to start a new mission/restart the last mission, it showed up there, smack dab as a matter of course.

With this, you have to specifically start up a mission you may or may not have any intention of doing, suffering the accompanying load times and countdown. Additionally, another nice thing about illusionary missions was that when one did show up, you could call your homies and they could get any lowbies they wanted to level. If Darker's Den works the way as theorized, you have to have the people you want to go with right off the bat.

Honestly, it's pretty clumsy, as theorized, imo.

terrell707
Jan 9, 2013, 11:02 PM

Eh, I don't think its clumsy, I just think it doesn't work the way people want it to work. IMO the Darkers attacking your campship and causing you to crash land on their planet is a pretty great idea. People do run TAs believe it or not and it also makes a reason for people to start running TAs again (or at least starting them up and then abandoning them in hopes of getting the rare mission). I think SEGA is trying to come up with different ways of drawing people to do something else besides MPA all the time (Parallel Areas and Clones only appearing in Single Party areas, this Darker Den thing theorized as only appearing during TAs).

CelestialBlade
Jan 9, 2013, 11:04 PM
Spent two hours hunting it with Cornelia. Eh, don't see it happening unless you put in a weeks worth of time. At least.
Yeah, that's what it's seeming like. Me and my team put in an hour or two hunting it using the described method but at least we got a parallel thingy out of it with a Dark Agrani and rare versions of the new Vahra-like enemies.

I totally understand it being tied to the TA runs, but I'm curious to see just what percentage of the server is getting Darker's Den per day. I'm fine with requiring certain conditions to access a mission, but....not when we're this content-starved. I know a lot of people losing interest in the game, myself included, because of stuff like this system. The amount of super-rare random content in this game now is getting nauseating. I guess it's not even so much the fact that it's rare, it's the fact that the only real way to try and get it is an extremely boring repetitive grind that a lot of us are getting really sick of.

I hope they at least bump up the occurrence rate. I'd be pissed off if I was on the team that programmed this mission or did the map graphics, knowing that so few are even experiencing my work.

plasism
Jan 9, 2013, 11:04 PM
Another thing I realised, some of us are trying to get abducted based on my 2nd theory that we are considered 'elite' the moment we see Koffie's message. However what if we're not elite? Is there a prerequisite that we haven't fulfilled yet spending hours trying to get abducted?

Enforcer MKV
Jan 9, 2013, 11:14 PM
Yeah, that's what it's seeming like. Me and my team put in an hour or two hunting it using the described method but at least we got a parallel thingy out of it with a Dark Agrani and rare versions of the new Vahra-like enemies.

I totally understand it being tied to the TA runs, but I'm curious to see just what percentage of the server is getting Darker's Den per day. I'm fine with requiring certain conditions to access a mission, but....not when we're this content-starved. I know a lot of people losing interest in the game, myself included, because of stuff like this system. The amount of super-rare random content in this game now is getting nauseating. I guess it's not even so much the fact that it's rare, it's the fact that the only real way to try and get it is an extremely boring repetitive grind that a lot of us are getting really sick of.

I hope they at least bump up the occurrence rate. I'd be pissed off if I was on the team that programmed this mission or did the map graphics, knowing that so few are even experiencing my work.

That's more than we got. Most of what I got was us talking, comparing notes, that kind of thing. Not much of anything in terms of loot and areas, though.

Syklo
Jan 9, 2013, 11:15 PM
Another thing I realised, some of us are trying to get abducted based on my 2nd theory that we are considered 'elite' the moment we see Koffie's message. However what if we're not elite? Is there a prerequisite that we haven't fulfilled yet spending hours trying to get abducted?
Could be what i theorised earlier: A component or so in the play records.

For the record (no pun intended), I'll put mine up later.

Bellion
Jan 9, 2013, 11:22 PM
If it is related to the records, that would easily explain why both of my characters got the message. I really do think it's something else though...Could it be to finish all of the VH TA client orders? I mean, if you get abducted from doing the TAs, it might just be that.

Syklo
Jan 9, 2013, 11:33 PM
If it is related to the records, that would easily explain why both of my characters got the message. I really do think it's something else though...Could it be to finish all of the VH TA client orders? I mean, if you get abducted from doing the TAs, it might just be that.
Nope.
I've yet to complete amduscia VH TA.

terrell707

You know, clearing all the VH TAs sounds like it could be a requirement. Also, doesn't Koffees message just talk about watching out for being attacked by other ARKs and not exactly being abducted?

NINJA'D
Syklo you got abducted?

Laxedrane
The thing about the illusionary missions though was that you didn't have to do anything out of your way to roll your chance at them. You finished your mission, got dumped back into the lobby and when everyone returned to the counter (it wasn't really a counter, but you know what I mean) to start a new mission/restart the last mission, it showed up there, smack dab as a matter of course.

With this, you have to specifically start up a mission you may or may not have any intention of doing, suffering the accompanying load times and countdown. Additionally, another nice thing about illusionary missions was that when one did show up, you could call your homies and they could get any lowbies they wanted to level. If Darker's Den works the way as theorized, you have to have the people you want to go with right off the bat.

That's if you assume Darker's den is PSO2 Illusionary equivalent. Based on how sega presented it and the reports it seems more likely sega simply wanted to challenge the players.

Not give them a fan service coupled with Great exp, increased drop rates, increased chance of rare enemies and exclusive throw back drops with great stats and even without the drop rate bonus had a decent rate of dropping.

This a surprise challenge for high level players, not a free for all with some difficulty in the final room.

Xaeris
Jan 9, 2013, 11:36 PM
I spoke about illusionary missions because the comparison had already been made a few posts before mine.

Cyclon
Jan 9, 2013, 11:42 PM
Edit: Disproved

Syklo
Jan 9, 2013, 11:43 PM
You know, clearing all the VH TAs sounds like it could be a requirement. Also, doesn't Koffees message just talk about watching out for being attacked by other ARKs and not exactly being abducted?

NINJA'D
Skylo you got abducted?
*Syklo
and nope, but I did get the message from koffie as soon as I logged in.
Only played for about 3 hours since the patch, doing homework right now but I'll test out this theory as well as put up my records once i finish for today

terrell707
Jan 9, 2013, 11:51 PM
*Syklo
and nope, but I did get the message from koffie as soon as I logged in.
Only played for about 3 hours since the patch, doing homework right now but I'll test out this theory as well as put up my records once i finish for today

Lol my bad :D fixed.

MetalDude
Jan 10, 2013, 12:05 AM
Where is Falz Hunar on Ship 02? It's the day after release and there's been no sign of the EQ at all. The recent city announcement was a complete bust. I'd love to check out the new stuff, but this is getting ridiculous.

Syklo
Jan 10, 2013, 12:13 AM
Ok so here's my records, anyone can feel free to compare:
[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/rSBKm.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Bellion
Jan 10, 2013, 12:38 AM
Here are my records:
[SPOILER-BOX]http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/6292/pso20130110003331000.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

If there were someone with at least 2 characters on the same account but only one received the message(assuming that is what tells you that you are qualified to be abducted), that would eliminate the records thing.

Syklo
Jan 10, 2013, 12:44 AM
My current hunch is number of quests completed.
500+ or 1000+.
But bellion, are you saying that the player records is shared among all characters in the account??/

Bellion
Jan 10, 2013, 12:46 AM
That's right. My deaths, play time, highest damage, and quest clears are shared between my two characters.

Syklo
Jan 10, 2013, 12:48 AM
That's right. My deaths, play time, highest damage, and quest clears are shared between my two characters.
Did you get the message on both characters?

If not, then the records thing could still hold.
I mean, the message could only just be mentioned to you once referring to you as a player rather than character, thus still possibly based on player records.
In other words, it might only need to say the message on one of your characters rather than each.

But if you did get the message on both characters.......yeah.

Bellion
Jan 10, 2013, 12:49 AM
I got the message on both characters.

Syklo
Jan 10, 2013, 12:59 AM
I got the message on both characters.
that just leaves for someone to say that they only got it on one character to disprove the records thing....

plasism
Jan 10, 2013, 01:12 AM
A team member recently got abducted trying the S-rank then TA method. Here are some of the details.

He recieved the Koffie message (like most of us)
He S-ranked a mission, then took the TA quest from campship.
He was alone
He accepted VH TA
He failed the mission (got abducted and died)... derp...

Grifs Astoni
Jan 10, 2013, 01:26 AM
that just leaves for someone to say that they only got it on one character to disprove the records thing....

I only got it on my main character. My other character didn't get any message from Koffee.

Alenoir
Jan 10, 2013, 01:32 AM
Supposedly you get that message on any characters with VH unlocked, so it's not really an indicator?

Grifs Astoni
Jan 10, 2013, 01:42 AM
Well my other chars don't have VH yet, so I guess that makes sense.

Syklo
Jan 10, 2013, 02:07 AM
well that's one mystery solved.

Seraphus
Jan 10, 2013, 03:09 AM
A team member recently got abducted trying the S-rank then TA method. Here are some of the details.

He was alone
He accepted VH TA
He failed the mission... derp...

Did he do this multiple times before getting into the mission? Did he just keep restarting a VH TA mission after he S-ranked 1 quest?

Laxedrane
Jan 10, 2013, 06:25 AM
I spoke about illusionary missions because the comparison had already been made a few posts before mine.

It was. However the person who made the comparison made basically this one. "Darker's den, like Illusionary areas from PSU, are rare mission and really shouldn't be looked for."

You responded saying that the spawn condition were better for psu, which I agree with. However then you went on to list other benefits such as being able to call friends and them being able to bring low level characters to level. To that point I responded.(granted I should of reduced your quote to that instead of just quoting the whole thing)

Which is why I responded to you, not them.

plasism
Jan 10, 2013, 06:51 AM
Did he do this multiple times before getting into the mission? Did he just keep restarting a VH TA mission after he S-ranked 1 quest?

No. Apparently he logged on, got the message from Koffie, s-ranked Desert free, went to Amd VH TA for daily quest (first room has kartagots), then got kidnapped. Apparently the whole thing was by coincidence.

CyberNei
Jan 10, 2013, 07:02 AM

He was alone
He accepted VH TA
He failed the mission (got abducted and died)... derp...

Was he at lv 50/50 or so? Cause i've not heard of anyone under 50 abducted yet.

plasism
Jan 10, 2013, 07:04 AM

Hunter 50/Fighter 50

jooozek
Jan 10, 2013, 07:29 AM
Has anyone seen a non-generic clone with a weapon below 10 stars?

CyberNei
Jan 10, 2013, 07:33 AM
Seen with vita scepter 6★. It was wearing a yukata, so dont think it was preset.

Tankotron
Jan 10, 2013, 07:38 AM
Something I noticed even though I doubt it will mean anything. So peeps are saying you had to have S ranked the last VH mission, and then do a TA to see if you get abducted. Well I noticed if you keep restarting TAs, if you check the "Previous Quest Results" tab it will still show that last mission you S ranked.

Maybe it's possible that this still keeps the "flag" for having S ranked the last mission and thus, allows you to be captured?

ShinMaruku
Jan 10, 2013, 08:20 AM
I found my first clone. I was getting bopped till I realized dropping status effects and watching them die while chucking them across the stage is amusing.

WBMike
Jan 10, 2013, 08:57 AM
Something I noticed even though I doubt it will mean anything. So peeps are saying you had to have S ranked the last VH mission, and then do a TA to see if you get abducted. Well I noticed if you keep restarting TAs, if you check the "Previous Quest Results" tab it will still show that last mission you S ranked.

Maybe it's possible that this still keeps the "flag" for having S ranked the last mission and thus, allows you to be captured?

Yes you can try that too.

The wiki now has it that if you satisfy certain conditions, you have a LOW CHANCE to get abducted at the start of the Time Attack quest.

If you don't get it after 7+ hours, I'm sorry but there's nothing else we can do, just have to be lucky.

Alenoir
Jan 10, 2013, 09:17 AM

Maybe that's a requirement too. I dragged some teammates to try to trigger this yesterday and nothing happened. Two of them are on a class that's not Lv50 yet.

Ce'Nedra
Jan 10, 2013, 09:19 AM
Yes you can try that too.

The wiki now has it that if you satisfy certain conditions, you have a LOW CHANCE to get abducted at the start of the Time Attack quest.

If you don't get it after 7+ hours, I'm sorry but there's nothing else we can do, just have to be lucky.

It does make sense, in the video they showed that the people got blocked off by a gate like in TA quest before jumping into darkers den. Maybe that's sega hinting at us you get a chance for it if you load a TA.

Guess we have to wait for our daily TA geeks here to report if they get abductions.

Angry_Ryudo
Jan 10, 2013, 11:32 AM
Besides it'd be understandable that the abduction would take place in any mission where NPCs aren't allowed; adding to TAs the other EMs.

Cyron Tanryoku
Jan 10, 2013, 02:20 PM

Welp, I got an hour before my TACOs start, I'll give this a try
EDIT: No luck again, doesn't mean this won't work though

KatsujinkenKik
Jan 10, 2013, 03:17 PM
I cleared worugarda quest, then picked some time attack from camp ship. didnt work so i quit quest. after getting to lobby i decided to try again and picked another TA. got abducted.

failed it. tried again after it takes me straight to lobby. got it again.

gigawuts
Jan 10, 2013, 03:22 PM
So the preceding mission does NOT need to be sranked, you can just drop quest and hop in again?

Seravi Edalborez
Jan 10, 2013, 03:37 PM
Slight derail from the abduction discussion...

Bleh, these new weapons.
Elder Pain sword is at least currently most powerful for what that's worth.
Brute Gift w.lance is still behind Gigas Spinner and (lol) Falclaw.
Illegal Bomber launcher is behind Cannon Legacy, SSPN, and (lol) Flame Visit.
Acidase TMG is identical to Mizer Bullet but without the benefit of Vardha set bonus.
Grim Grin wand is between the other 2 10*s.

Not to put down their additions (not everyone has the "best" stuff), but seriously. There's still no "Lambda" knuckle and the gap between 10* and not-10* there is tremendous.

KatsujinkenKik
Jan 10, 2013, 03:41 PM
So the preceding mission does NOT need to be sranked, you can just drop quest and hop in again?

the preceeding mission, worugarda, was s ranked. but i guess because i did not clear another quest after selecting another quest or failing the first abduction, the s rank as the last mission was still there despite failing abduction the first time.

Ezodagrom
Jan 10, 2013, 03:42 PM
Not to put down their additions (not everyone has the "best" stuff), but seriously. There's still no "Lambda" knuckle and the gap between 10* and not-10* there is tremendous.
8* Lambda Aevind (ラムダエイヴィンド), 401 base S-ATK, 701 at +10. Apparently it drops from Dicahda (a new enemy in the darker's den).
http://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0Akbdpi65EON1dEN3RDJxTk5aS1Z6THpMaVY1encwT 1E&gid=6&output=html&widget=true

gigawuts
Jan 10, 2013, 03:43 PM
Interesting, I wonder if they'll change that. Thanks for confirming that, now to see if it works at the same rates I guess.

Cyron Tanryoku
Jan 10, 2013, 03:44 PM
I must be really unlucky then, because I still haven't gotten to the den.

..Unless we have to s rank quest with darker bosses?

Seravi Edalborez
Jan 10, 2013, 03:46 PM
8* Lambda Aevind (ラムダエイヴィンド), 401 base S-ATK, 701 at +10. Apparently it drops from Dicahda (a new enemy in the darker's den).
http://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0Akbdpi65EON1dEN3RDJxTk5aS1Z6THpMaVY1encwT 1E&gid=6&output=html&widget=true

Ah, derp. Didn't even look when I said that.

I guess that's slightly better than a rare from rare Snow Banther.

Z-0
Jan 10, 2013, 03:46 PM
Between abduction attempts, did you go to the lobby in between?

MetalDude
Jan 10, 2013, 03:47 PM
Was really hoping for another good and somewhat more common non-10* machine gun.

KatsujinkenKik
Jan 10, 2013, 03:49 PM
Between abduction attempts, did you go to the lobby in between?

I failed abduction so it automatically sends me back to lobby. Saw that the worugarda quest was still counting as the last quest i did, i started another TA and got abducted again.

Alenoir
Jan 10, 2013, 04:41 PM
the preceeding mission, worugarda, was s ranked. but i guess because i did not clear another quest after selecting another quest or failing the first abduction, the s rank as the last mission was still there despite failing abduction the first time.

Did you do something special during the Worugarda mission or have something you normally didn't equip on? There was that whole thing about "all the Arks that's being kidnapped have something similar to them" but we never dug deep into that. (Or so far it have only been TA that's "similar".)

terrell707
Jan 10, 2013, 05:47 PM
I failed abduction so it automatically sends me back to lobby. Saw that the worugarda quest was still counting as the last quest i did, i started another TA and got abducted again.

What level was your current class when you abducted?

Panzaera
Jan 10, 2013, 06:02 PM
I just tried exacly the same with S rank Worugarda VH, but nope no abduction. 50/50 here.
I think its more random like Parallel Universe than some special hidden parameters.

Z-0
Jan 10, 2013, 06:07 PM
Yeah, this update is starting to drive me up the wall. I've been playing since it was first implemented, and I've never seen the Hunar EQ (been at college, missed it each time), never seen the Clone Code and have never been abducted (been trying to farm for it too).

It's like what's the point. \o/

Heat Haze
Jan 10, 2013, 06:25 PM
We need more time sensitive and luck based content. What, you want something that's always accessible? Nonsense.

7 Clone Codes and 4 Parallel Areas so far S Ranking things. No Den yet.

Enforcer MKV
Jan 10, 2013, 06:26 PM
It's like what's the point. \o/

Ladies and gentlemen....

THE DEFINING QUESTION OF PSO2.

Reiketsu
Jan 10, 2013, 06:42 PM
Ladies and gentlemen....

THE DEFINING QUESTION OF PSO2.

You know, the game really is boring, because there's nothing to do.
The only things to do right now are leveling or hunting for better equipment/rares... since I don't care for the latter in the slightest, getting my sub class to Lv 50 is the only thing to do for me right now. But with those enormous exp requirements, I don't feel any motivated at all to train, so yeah...
Had no motivation to play, anymore...

Then the new update came and it got me intrigued.
I really wanna see that fricking Darker's Den, so I played a lot of TA today, trying to get the stupid campship to crash... but of course, didn't happen.
So yeah, second day of the new content and I, too, am thinking 'what's the point'?
There's nothing to do in this game. Then we finally get new content like a whole new area and they made a fricking mystery out of how to access it >_>"

I don't have the patience for this shit, lol
I'm already bored with this game and now they wanna frustrate me on top of that?

I'm just going to wait now until people have figured out how exactly you get to the Darker's Den. Once there's a foolproof way to get there, I'll check it out, but I'm not going to actively try and figure out how this is supposed to work.
That's just a huge waste of time. And I should be concentrating on my studies, anyways, lol

Rant over

CelestialBlade
Jan 10, 2013, 06:48 PM
What Himizu and Z said, seriously. I've hit my patience limit.

Z-0
Jan 10, 2013, 06:52 PM
Also, from what I can tell, current content roadmap (it's not updated but Sakai has given us a kind of unofficial one):

Early Jan: Den / Clones
Late Jan: 55 Level Cap (no content promised for this)
Middle of February: Vita
Late February: Advanced Quests
March/April: New Map (5/6 months since the last accessible one. :3)
May: New difficult quest or difficulty (sure took long enough)
June: Anniversary Event

This game is looking to flourish.

Time to quit for a while.

EDIT: The sad thing is also, I play a lot of TA just for fun, and I still haven't seen this Den. >_> Did a couple of hours of solo TA earlier since I had Shifta from the tree, and nothing proc'd (Den or Invincibility at Banther!). It sounds like elite Arks are the lucky ones. \o/

Ezodagrom
Jan 10, 2013, 07:00 PM
I think the abduction thing would have been okay if at least there was a normal version of the field as well. :|

Neith
Jan 10, 2013, 07:02 PM
What Himizu and Z said, seriously. I've hit my patience limit.

Likewise. Still not had a Code: Clone, no luck with the Darker's Den (after trying for way over an hour constantly) and still not managed to run the Hunar EQ as it's never on when I am.

I was looking forward to this update, but I don't see the point of wasting the night trying for a random event which apparently has a trigger rate of SJS-drop proportions :lol:

With no new permanent mission since Ruins, the game is getting old fast.

Reiketsu
Jan 10, 2013, 07:06 PM
Also, from what I can tell, current content roadmap (it's not updated but Sakai has given us a kind of unofficial one):

Early Jan: Den / Clones
Late Jan: 55 Level Cap (no content promised for this)
Middle of February: Vita
Late February: Advanced Quests
March/April: New Map (5/6 months since the last accessible one. :3)
May: New difficult quest or difficulty (sure took long enough)
June: Anniversary Event

Well, if this is all we get during the next 6 months...
I don't even care for higher difficulties. I mean, what's the point apart from just having us play all current areas to death again?
They seriously need to add more areas. Areas which are not randomly accessible.

EvilMag
Jan 10, 2013, 07:12 PM
Late Jan: 55 Level Cap (no content promised for this) (Collect-a-ton CO incoming so more RNG)
Late February: Advanced Quests (I'm sure we have to do a CO to do these quests and I bet it will involve S ranking certain missions with a time limit..meaning more RNG!)
March/April: New Map (5/6 months since the last accessible one. :3) (CO to complete Free Ruins with a time limit to S rank, it's random, or its gonna be Story mode only. Whatever it is, its more RNG!)
May: New difficult quest or difficulty (CO to kill shit)

And people say this game being too random is a good thing. >_>

These roadblocks and RNG shit is pissing me off.

Ezodagrom
Jan 10, 2013, 07:16 PM
Making a completely new area for something many won't get to see... There has to be more stuff with the darker's den in the future, right, right? @-@;
*tries to sound hopeful*

gigawuts
Jan 10, 2013, 07:16 PM
Unless we get reskins in ultimate, I can't see higher difficulties having any real point beyond making us replay the same content again in hopes of finding RNG-dependent new content and...oh.

EvilMag
Jan 10, 2013, 07:19 PM
Ultimate mode will just be another letdown since Sega has the mentality that every MMO developer has which is giving the enemies more HP = challenging. >_>

gigawuts
Jan 10, 2013, 07:22 PM
It is simultaneously vindicating and depressing to see my claims that "any feature you do not cry about will only be taken and amped up to the RNG or conditional extreme as 'new content' until you do eventually hate it" is being proven right, repeatedly.

Why it had to actually happen for people to say "fuck this" is beyond me, it doesn't take a genius to figure out it's going to happen. That's why you pre-empt it as best you can by calling bad shit bad when it's new, not waiting until it gets worse.

Z-0
Jan 10, 2013, 07:23 PM
Making a completely new area for something many won't get to see... There has to be more stuff with the darker's den in the future, right, right? @-@;
*tries to sound hopeful*

It's not really that I want to see the area, it's that I just want to play the quest. Reading around, I get the impression that it's actually a quest instead of some randomly generated map, and after watching a video of the quest, it looks like a lot of fun. I'm sick of just running around in circles or playing in little playgrounds that last for 5-10 minutes until you get to the boss. The Escape Quest actually lasts for a decent amount of time and there doesn't seem to be that much running around either.

It's basically a breakaway from the standard PSO2 grinding mechanic, but obviously, you have to grind to get there and aren't even guaranteed to get it.

Ezodagrom
Jan 10, 2013, 07:24 PM
It's not really that I want to see the area, it's that I just want to play the quest. Reading around, I get the impression that it's actually a quest instead of some randomly generated map, and after watching a video of the quest, it looks like a lot of fun. I'm sick of just running around in circles or playing in little playgrounds that last for 5-10 minutes until you get to the boss. The Escape Quest actually lasts for a decent amount of time and there doesn't seem to be that much running around either.

It's basically a breakaway from the standard PSO2 grinding mechanic, but obviously, you have to grind to get there and aren't even guaranteed to get it.
Isn't that like the others time attack quests? It kinda sounds like pretty much a rare TA quest, I guess. ^^;

otaku998
Jan 10, 2013, 07:27 PM
The more you want to see it, the less it will find you. I don't even want to find it yet, and got captured twice. Alas i was alone in both, mission failed

MetalDude
Jan 10, 2013, 07:52 PM
On the same page as Zyn with this. There's absolutely no stable content for me to get to because of college and unlike Falz where the EQ had flares where it popped up all the time (including the first day of the patch and after), Hunar's been a no-show. I've been idling a lot more in the lobby than I normally do.

Ezodagrom
Jan 10, 2013, 08:05 PM
On the same page as Zyn with this. There's absolutely no stable content for me to get to because of college and unlike Falz where the EQ had flares where it popped up all the time (including the first day of the patch and after), Hunar's been a no-show. I've been idling a lot more in the lobby than I normally do.
Even the christmas cakes EQ was more common than this when it was first launched. x-x

I haven't seen it yet too, but there are a few set times when the Hunar EQ will happen though, next times it is set to happen (other than the random EQs) is in 4 and in 14 hours:
http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-jp-emergency-quest-campaign-1-2013/

otaku998
Jan 10, 2013, 08:17 PM
Soon it will get as common as Dark Falz EQ, that and the thing can spwn randomly in normal dungeon.

Ezodagrom
Jan 10, 2013, 08:19 PM
Soon it will get as common as Dark Falz EQ, that and the thing can spwn randomly in normal dungeon.
It's likely that it's like the forest EQ, where banshee/banther only spawn for those who have beaten the EQ at least once (of course when playing in a party or multiparty with someone who has beaten the EQ, the player who didn't beat the EQ will get to see the boss).

jooozek
Jan 10, 2013, 08:21 PM
Yes, I mean, we all see Parallel Worlds 23198672398 times a day so obviously we will be seeing Darker Den at least 32587298632 times a day obviously. I mean, obviously. I don't know why but it will happen. No, really. Like really, seriously.

Ezodagrom
Jan 10, 2013, 08:23 PM
Yes, I mean, we all see Parallel Worlds 23198672398 times a day so obviously we will be seeing Darker Den at least 32587298632 times a day obviously. I mean, obviously. I don't know why but it will happen. No, really. Like really, seriously.
If that's a reply to mine and otaku998 posts, we were talking about the Falz Hunar city EQ. ^^;

Z-0
Jan 10, 2013, 08:26 PM
Um... You never had to kill either Fang boss to get them spawn in Free.

That was just a rumour that spread like wildfire since the bosses were not implemented before the EQ.

Ezodagrom
Jan 10, 2013, 08:29 PM
Um... You never had to kill either Fang boss to get them spawn in Free.

That was just a rumour that spread like wildfire since the bosses were not implemented before the EQ.
http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-star-online-2-japan-two-weeks-later-status-report-and-maintenance/

As for Fang Banther (the forest version of the Snow Banther boss in Tundra) coming in August, he’ll first show up in emergency quests so you won’t have a chance to fight him very often. Once victorious, he’ll also show up in normal quests as interrupt events.

jooozek
Jan 10, 2013, 08:30 PM
If that's a reply to mine and otaku998 posts, we were talking about the Falz Hunar city EQ. ^^;

My bad; in that case take it as a pre-emptive post to anyone trying to defend this rng bullshit.

Z-0
Jan 10, 2013, 08:30 PM
Consider: I fought Fang Banshee and Banther in Forest in a locked MPA (so I was on my own) in Free Forest without completing the quest on my Hunter. At all.

My friend also ran into Hunar without clearing the quest.

Ezodagrom
Jan 10, 2013, 08:34 PM
Consider: I fought Fang Banshee and Banther in Forest in a locked MPA (so I was on my own) in Free Forest without completing the quest on my Hunter. At all.

Hmm, I guess they either changed it, or that piece of info was wrong. :\

gigawuts
Jan 10, 2013, 08:39 PM
Maybe they meant one person had to beat it for it to unlock for the rest of the server.

Or maybe they lied and figured nobody would notice.

Or maybe it was a "bug" but the latter still describes it perfectly.

plasism
Jan 10, 2013, 08:51 PM
I cleared worugarda quest, then picked some time attack from camp ship. didnt work so i quit quest. after getting to lobby i decided to try again and picked another TA. got abducted.

failed it. tried again after it takes me straight to lobby. got it again.

With regards to this, there seems to be something in common with my teammate who got abducted.
My teammate cleared desert free s-rank before attempting the TA. As we know, desert free's boss is Gwanahda, which is a darker. Katsu above cleared Wolgahda quest, which also is a darker.
Does this mean that the previous s-ranked quest has to be a darker quest?

Some food for thought

Cyron Tanryoku
Jan 10, 2013, 09:03 PM
Were both his classes 50?

plasism
Jan 10, 2013, 09:05 PM
Yes, mentioned in page 16:

Hunter 50/Fighter 50

raiden55
Jan 10, 2013, 09:24 PM
Yes, mentioned in page 16:
you're not talking about the same guy, there are 2 guys who got the quest on this thread, your link is for the first one, second has not answered yet.

plasism
Jan 10, 2013, 09:47 PM
you're not talking about the same guy, there are 2 guys who got the quest on this thread, your link is for the first one, second has not answered yet.

Oh... Btw should it matter?
I think there was a guy who got abducted despite not being lvl 50.
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=203784

Seravi Edalborez
Jan 10, 2013, 09:57 PM
With regards to this, there seems to be something in common with my teammate who got abducted.
My teammate cleared desert free s-rank before attempting the TA. As we know, desert free's boss is Gwanahda, which is a darker. Katsu above cleared Wolgahda quest, which also is a darker.
Does this mean that the previous s-ranked quest has to be a darker quest?

Some food for thought

I'm doubting it -has- to be Darker-related. Weren't people getting it just doing S-rank Za Oodan?

Puppet_Papaya
Jan 10, 2013, 10:23 PM
*weep* I just checked. I'm not "elite"! :'(
Is there any hope for me, Dragon Sakai?

Syklo
Jan 10, 2013, 10:26 PM
*weep* I just checked. I'm not "elite"! :'(
Is there any hope for me, Dragon Sakai?
I am disappoint.

sakai has (not) forsaken you.

....become an elite today! Call 5581677528 now!

raiden55
Jan 10, 2013, 10:37 PM
Oh... Btw should it matter?
I think there was a guy who got abducted despite not being lvl 50.
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=203784
checked this thread, and the guy doesn't say if he's talking about Koffie message (what most of the others guys posted is about), or about doing the quest itself.

WBMike
Jan 10, 2013, 11:36 PM

Hmm, I guess they either changed it, or that piece of info was wrong. :\

配信時は緊急クエストでしか登場しないボスなので、戦えるチャンスはあまり多くありません。勝利することで 、通常クエストのインタラプトイベントなどでも登場します

From Sakai, which I read as, "When it's released, since [fang banther] will only appear in the emergency quest, there won't be many chances to fight him. By winning, it will also appear in interrupt events of normal quests and such. "

Now for this part しか登場しない from my understanding, SHIKA (which turns out to mean "only") is always followed by a negative verb. "Fang Banther won't show up in anything but the Emergency quest."

Sasuga
Jan 13, 2013, 01:05 AM
wow my thread took off without me noticing, thanks for whoever featured me on front page! XD

on the matter of fang banthers... i've run into them randomly in Forest Explore VH.
One hour of wondering around in there got me
3 ragne, 3 fang banshee, 1 fang banther and 4 rockbears...

and i'll post what i found in a bit (after this falz hunar EQ about to start)

Seravi Edalborez
Jan 13, 2013, 01:12 AM
wow my thread took off without me noticing, thanks for whoever featured me on front page! XD

on the matter of fang banthers... i've run into them randomly in Forest Explore VH.
One hour of wondering around in there got me
3 ragne, 3 fang banshee, 1 fang banther and 4 rockbears...

and i'll post what i found in a bit (after this falz hunar EQ about to start)

Seeing Fang Banther isn't really in question anymore. It was a question of whether it was limited to the EQ when it was -first- introduced.

krayaselius
Jan 13, 2013, 07:17 AM
just to update you guys from some info from bumped:
-http://bumped.org/psublog/

apparently sakai implies that you must do quests that require 'certain skill', to risk a chance of getting kidnapped.

seems like Time Attack Quests are being implied, though there could be other quests in the mix.

Syklo
Jan 13, 2013, 06:27 PM
I had a dream where I picked dagan extermination, the gate was still closed and i got kidnapped.

I have no idea why.